As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Leafy Green Fetish [chat]

DrezDrez Registered User regular
edited July 2010 in Debate and/or Discourse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eooXNd0heM

Aw yeah.

You can warn me all you want, but you'll never stop my leafy green fetish.

(fixed for correct quoting of the song)

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
Drez on

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    i like this one for the name alone

Arch on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Me too! I give myself full support.

Drez on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I thought about posting a [chat] like this:

"what vegetarians want to be: picture of Auschwitz survivor"

"what vegetarians are: giant hambeast"

but this will do, Drez

this will do

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    oh noes my carbs are making me teh fat!
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    lol low carb diets

and you make fun of MY diet will

noooooo arch now you're being unscientific D:

best way to counter unscience, i have found

also still not sold on the science of low carb buddy, and I have been doing reading about it pretty frequently

honestly you seem to have wanted not to believe it from square one

True enough, but I am still open about it.

I will say that I don't buy the ONLY WAY TO LOSE WEIGHT shpeal about it

because that just ain't true

well yeah that's not true

I will be honest, the sycophants for the diet have tainted my view of it, which I understand is a delicious tray of irony

Also because most low-carbers seem to hate on vegetarians like no ones business

Arch on
  • Options
    EllieEllie Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Man. I was gonna post pictures of Milo Ventimiglia and Alicia Silverstone. "These are sexy vegetarians. Discuss." But this is way better.

Ellie on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I also understand that eating a lot of fiber can help keep your body from absorbing too much from the food you eat, and the vegetarian diet has hella fiber, so I think that can help keep the belly rolls away even though I eat like so much pastas

Arch on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Galahad wrote: »
    My company is in a Catch 22 where they want more people to work at home, since we're running out of desks to place people, but won't fork up for the laptops to let us do so.

I just VPN in and then VNC into my desktop.

This is a thing they're looking at: "Dumb terminals" which log into remote machines. I like the sound of it.

Those have been around forever.
    Neither of those animals are typically served as foodstuffs in Kansas, so if you want them you have to find them. Boar is easier than bear, you just have to drive onto the fort and sneak back off with a dead one.

They aren't in Texas either. Well boar is served a little. There is actually a bounty on boar here.

Wild pigs are pretty much the thing I was most afraid of when I used to ramble about in the countryside out in east Texas when I was younger.

Psychopathic murderers on four legs.

When I took the girls and their boyfriends camping, I brought my gun. Re-chambered it for 9 mm and prayed I'd figure out a good story to tell fish and wildlife if I had to shoot a boar. Damn things are anger and tusks.
    against boar or bigger you'd probably be better off with 10mm

but the 17 frame won't handle a 10mm barrel, so oh well

I would have preferred to have .375 or .44 for that situation but you work with what you've got.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I support this [chat]'s name since it makes me think of spinach which is yummy.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    oh mannnnn i need to eat me some spinach sometime soon

Arch on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    like tonight

for dinner with the tofu + vegetable stew i will make

this plan cannot fail

Arch on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited July 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I am actually with Arch on low carb. I don't fully believe everything that is said about it. I would stick with the moderation is a better idea across the board for such diets. I think Americans are just looking for a way to keep eating tons of food but not to be to fight when you shouldn't just be eating that huge amount of food.

I dunno. Explanations for obesity trends that are simply "people today are gluttons and lack discipline" don't really strike me as true.

It's some combination of modern lifestyles and modern food products. It's not like sloth is spreading across the world.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I just realized I haven't had spinach in a long time.

This should be remedied.

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm surprised nobody posted a picture of Hitler.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    like tonight

this plan cannot fail

-kitchen fire
    -tofu with baked-in spiders

BAM!

Two ways to fail.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    like tonight

this plan cannot fail

you make vegetarianism sound awful

i am just gonna eat pasta all day every day

be looking like baron harkonnen

Organichu on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I will be honest, the sycophants for the diet have tainted my view of it, which I understand is a delicious tray of irony

I find it interesting that some people are all "losing weight is simple - eat fewer calories than you burn" and then a few breaths later "but carbs are bad calories!" Wait, what happened to "a calorie is a calorie is a calorie?"

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited July 2010
    I actually had these spinach taquitos from 7-11 last night.

Putting aside the fact that I bought hot food from 7-11 last night, they were so good. Just the right temperature and flavor.

A bulk amount of spinach makes me a little sick, but the right amount can make the perfect meal.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I am actually with Arch on low carb. I don't fully believe everything that is said about it. I would stick with the moderation is a better idea across the board for such diets. I think Americans are just looking for a way to keep eating tons of food but not to be to fight when you shouldn't just be eating that huge amount of food.

I dunno. Explanations for obesity trends that are simply "people today are gluttons and lack discipline" don't really strike me as true.

It's some combination of modern lifestyles and modern food products. It's not like sloth is spreading across the world.

<3

Feral on

• Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    This is my exact reason for not being vegetarian. I can't afford to buy my own meal alternatives. When I was in Uni a few years back, I gave up red meat entirely and ate only chicken or turkey on the rare occasion when there wasn't a decent vegetarian option available. I still ate fish, though. Fish is the one thing that I think I'll have a lot of trouble giving up when that time comes.

at this rate though most of our fish will probably be dead on account of being too weak and puny to breathe oil

look on the suuunnnnny siiiiiiide~

Rust on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

And obesity remedies that are simply "eat this and not that" also seem to ring a bit hollow as well.

I will fully get behind that the amount of corn products and carbs we eat is most likely unhealthy when combined with the average American's low-energy lifestyle, but that doesn't make carbs in and of themselves the devil

Arch on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm surprised nobody posted a picture of Hitler.

Pretend that this post is a picture of Hitler wearing spinach as a mustache.

In fact, if you cross your eyes REAL HARD, he'll reach out of his monitor and feed you spinach at blitzkrieg speeds!

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    NostregarNostregar Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

I don't really know much about this topic, but I would think it is generally true that people eat more and exercise less now than they used to. Not because of any "sloth-ness" or anything, but just because more people work in front of computers and in offices all day and thus get less exercise while eating more fast-food and high-cal foods because they're quick and easy.

Is this not the case?

Nostregar on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    like tonight

this plan cannot fail

-kitchen fire
    -tofu with baked-in spiders

BAM!

Two ways to fail.

i would still eat the second one

have i told you about my plans for a cricket farm for a source of cheap sustainable protein?

come over here have a seat i have pamphlets

Arch on
  • Options
    EllieEllie Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Rust wrote: »
    This is my exact reason for not being vegetarian. I can't afford to buy my own meal alternatives. When I was in Uni a few years back, I gave up red meat entirely and ate only chicken or turkey on the rare occasion when there wasn't a decent vegetarian option available. I still ate fish, though. Fish is the one thing that I think I'll have a lot of trouble giving up when that time comes.

at this rate though most of our fish will probably be dead on account of being too weak and puny to breathe oil

look on the suuunnnnny siiiiiiide~

D:D:D:

Ellie on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

You mean like massive amount of calorie dense food, mixed with very little exercise?

Also Feral I know man, I even stated so. I was pointing out the hypocricy of all the meat eaters cheering the legislation.

Leitner on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    So this chat wins, then, yes?

Good, cuz I just got done eating a delicious turkey burger. Mmm turkey.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    There's a vegetarian Indian resturant near where I live named Chat Patti. It's a combination of a thrilling joyride full of edge on your seat excitement and a delightful fun-filled romp that the whole family can enjoy.

Niceguy Myeye on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited July 2010
    like tonight

this plan cannot fail

tofu stew sounds revolting

that's the other thing about vegetarians

their standards for what tastes good are incredibly low

if something doesn't actually sicken you, it's then declared to be awesome as long as it meets their dietary requirements.

"hey guys this satien and mock ham with veggie cheese casserole is delicious!"

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    like tonight

this plan cannot fail

you make vegetarianism sound awful

i am just gonna eat pasta all day every day

be looking like baron harkonnen

well you can also do that

I support this because goddam do i eat a shitton of pasta

like several pounds a week

pasta and eggs

eggs and pasta

two staples of my diet

i am probably going to die soon

Arch on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It is combination of what people eat, how much they eat and how much they excercise. Americans eat to much unhealthy food, too many of what ever they are eating(low carb, high carb and so on) and don't exercise as much as they should. And the low carb thing seems to me as too much of a quick fix thing for me with out fixing the numerous causes of obesity in this country.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    guys they just called with the offer

plus side: salary +10%, annual bonus

minus side: drug test

haha oh no

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    I am still debating whether I should jog with my shirt off.

Guys this is such a hard decision.

are you comfortable jogging with your shirt off

are you more worried about scandalizing others or feeling self conscious

I am worried about being the creepy guy running with his shirt off with the jiggling man boobs and the farmer's tan.

But it is the only solution to the farmer's tan so what do I do!?

Winky on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    Feral wrote: »

I find it interesting that some people are all "losing weight is simple - eat fewer calories than you burn" and then a few breaths later "but carbs are bad calories!" Wait, what happened to "a calorie is a calorie is a calorie?"

the vast majority of people can lose weight by adjusting calories

Organichu on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I am still debating whether I should jog with my shirt off.

Guys this is such a hard decision.

are you comfortable jogging with your shirt off

are you more worried about scandalizing others or feeling self conscious

I am worried about being the creepy guy running with his shirt off with the jiggling man boobs and the farmer's tan.

But it is the only solution to the farmer's tan so what do I do!?

Sleep under grow lamps.

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    like tonight

this plan cannot fail

tofu stew sounds revolting

that's the other thing about vegetarians

their standards for what tastes good are incredibly low

if something doesn't actually sicken you, it's then declared to be awesome as long as it meets their dietary requirements.

"hey guys this satien and mock ham with veggie cheese casserole is delicious!"

wait this looks disgusting?
    tumblr_l60y4eUXhy1qzz4sk

Arch on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    What's up chat? Star craft 2 is pretty good times. I played a lot of it yesterday.

Also I have frigging allergies! Lame, huh.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't trust Americans to judge what does and doesn't taste good. You people think hfcs is an acceptable substitute for sugar.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Feral wrote: »

isn't it basically that carbs are calorie-dense while not being especially sating?

and also something about insulin suppressing fat metabolism?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    There's a vegetarian Indian resturant near where I live named Chat Patti. It's a combination of a thrilling joyride full of edge on your seat excitement and a delightful fun-filled romp that the whole family can enjoy.

so basically everyone sits on toilets and whoever shits last loses? sounds great.

also, will, I don't know about you, but I specifically look for real actual vegetarian restaurants/places because that shit does taste awesome.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.