As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Leafy Green Fetish [chat]

1555657585961»

• Options
    SaigaSaiga Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Quid wrote: »
    Saiga is poster of the year.

Finally? :'(

Will people recognize me now? I have been less than a supporting cast member since this started, riding on the coattails of the main characters.. Cheering for their triumphs, weeping over their losses, laughing over their jests..

Saiga on
    28je138.png
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    *sigh*

14 years til I can join Big Island brother and other brother for more exotic drugs.

Quid on
  • Options
    Glorious CretinGlorious Cretin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Jokerman wrote: »
    Is there any known negative side effect to drinking massive amounts of tea?

Assuming I have it decaffinated every so often.

Drinking lots of tea gave my friends brother a wicked awful kidney stone.

Ceylon tea is bad for kidney stones. Also some states have higher kidney stone rates because of a high mineral content in their water, and Georgia is one of these states. It makes the water taste better in general, but you should really filter it if you're going to be boiling it for tea. Or anything else, really.

Glorious Cretin on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    h3ndu wrote: »
    Ok so - I just finished 2001 a space odyssey; at the end there, following the idea of evolution being sparked by the monoliths, is his rebirth after death as a child orbiting earth indicative of his evolution to a state of higher being, or is it just wierd?

I'm having kind of a hard time with the whole movie.

the monolith represents the industrial revolution

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    _J_ wrote: »

Do you consider "pissing yourself" a negative side effect?

If not, give me a call.

:winky:

Caffine doesnt do this to me actually

but beer

man

I love it so much, but three or four pints in and I'm spending the next two hours in and out of the bathroom

Oh jesus christ this.

Last time I went out drinking I had a pitcher of Sam Adams and by the third pint I was up every 20 minutes to take a piss. It's like once you go your bladder forgot to screw the cap and now you get to piss every 20 minutes.

Wait a minute....a pitcher of Sam Adams?

What kind of Sam Adams was served in a pitcher? Boston Ale or something good?
    Summer Ale. I just order it by the pitcher at the bar I go to because it is cheaper.

You can get Summer Ale in a pitcher? In what magical state is this served?

Hawaii. We are big drinkers here.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    alcohol is great for sleeping, watching a movie, watching baseball, playing baseball, hanging out at parties, hanging out with friends, making new friends, being alone, dealing with depression, interacting with people, lowering your inhibitions to the point that making out with that hooker isn't so bad an idea, mowing the lawn, etc.

It also helps women appear more attractive / less bitchy.

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Paradise!

Quid on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    beer makes me pee like a fucking racehorse

well i don't know the frequency with which racehorses pee so i maybe shouldn't use that analogy

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Taking a week off of these forums was what I needed.

• Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    MikeMan wrote: »
    beer makes me pee like a fucking racehorse

well i don't know the frequency with which racehorses pee so i maybe shouldn't use that analogy

never stopped anyone else

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    _J_ I just wanna say that I really can't hate you anymore. Hell I don't know why I did in the first place. Burying hatchets ITT.

You ought to know that i'm drunk for the first time in...4 days, so it's entirely possible that you're falling in <3 with drunk-_J_ as opposed to sober asshate _J_.

Also, since i'm thinking about it....

<3<3<3<3Mori you're the best <3<3<3<3<3DOWN SLAVE<3<3<3

Is that still a thing?

_J_ on
  • Options
    Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

If not, give me a call.

but beer

man

I love it so much, but three or four pints in and I'm spending the next two hours in and out of the bathroom

Oh jesus christ this.

Last time I went out drinking I had a pitcher of Sam Adams and by the third pint I was up every 20 minutes to take a piss. It's like once you go your bladder forgot to screw the cap and now you get to piss every 20 minutes.

Summer Ale. I just order it by the pitcher at the bar I go to because it is cheaper.

New York?

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Saiga wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    Saiga is poster of the year.

Finally? :'(

Will people recognize me now? I have been less than a supporting cast member since this started, riding on the coattails of the main characters.. Cheering for their triumphs, weeping over their losses, laughing over their jests..
    i don't remember you at all so you can't have been posting that much in chat

but welcome and such

you seem pretty cool

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

If not, give me a call.

but beer

man

Oh jesus christ this.

Hawaii. We are big drinkers here.

OH my fucks I'm headed to Hawaii!

_J_ on
  • Options
    h3nduh3ndu Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    stilist wrote: »
    h3ndu wrote: »
    Ok so - I just finished 2001 a space odyssey; at the end there, following the idea of evolution being sparked by the monoliths, is his rebirth after death as a child orbiting earth indicative of his evolution to a state of higher being, or is it just wierd?

I'm having kind of a hard time with the whole movie.

the monolith represents the industrial revolution

what

h3ndu on
    Lo Que Sea, Cuando Sea, Donde Sea.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    _J_ I just wanna say that I really can't hate you anymore. Hell I don't know why I did in the first place. Burying hatchets ITT.

You ought to know that i'm drunk for the first time in...4 days, so it's entirely possible that you're falling in <3 with drunk-_J_ as opposed to sober asshate _J_.

Is that still a thing?

I hope not. It was getting a bit annoying.

• Options
    edited July 2010
    We have a Yard House here.

Pretty sure all of Sam Adams is on tap there.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    My family reunion gave me a shitton of leftover miller lite. As a beer snob I would normally abhor this, but I've discovered it's not so bad as long as you think of it as alchoholic water instead of beer.

Boy I can't wait till I have money again and can afford a decent 6 pack.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    don't make a thing of it. they toned it down and now everyone be happy because [chat] is on the line.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Is that still a thing?

Fantastic.

So, my parents gave me a kindle. Is this something people enjoy or is it stupid and needless? I'm still sort of staring at the thing, being quite confused.

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I like Yard House but it is expensive for my E-3 ass.

• Options
    edited July 2010

Is that still a thing?

Fantastic.

So, my parents gave me a kindle. Is this something people enjoy or is it stupid and needless? I'm still sort of staring at the thing, being quite confused.

I dunno. Hw do you feel about reading on the god without carrying actual books with you.

• Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    My family reunion gave me a shitton of leftover miller lite. As a beer snob I would normally abhor this, but I've discovered it's not so bad as long as you think of it as alchoholic water instead of beer.

I wish I hadn't become a beer snob. It gets expensive.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010

If you read several books at a time I think it's pretty useful. If you don't, though, than it's just a more expensive library.

Also, _J_ you should drink more often.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I dunno. Hw do you feel about reading on the god without carrying actual books with you.

Right, that's my thing. When I read a book I write in the margins to make notes such as "not moronic" or "fuckheaded" or "jesus fuck what the shit is wrong with this clown" and I can't do that on a kindle.

I haven't registered it yet, and I'm trying to figure out if I want to register it and dick around with it or politely return it and use the money to pay rent.

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Yeah I read mainly poker books nowadays and writing notes in the margins is really helpful for me.

• Options
    edited July 2010

But it's so good

but yeah I really hate spending like $30 on craft beers and thinking "this will probably be gone in two or three days."

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010

If you read several books at a time I think it's pretty useful. If you don't, though, than it's just a more expensive library.

If my liver were capable of retribution you would be so entirely fucked. But, luckily, the little guy is tuckered out in the corner just trying to hang in there.

_J_ on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    This is getting really annoying.

There is a portion of my brain that understands with cold logic that I currently have Issues that preclude me from finding a relationship, that these issues come down to me, I have nobody else to blame, and will in all likelihood find someone wonderful as soon as I make some personal progress and stand on my own two feet.

There is another portion of my brain that feels seething rage and soulcrushing self-pity whenever I see any two people close to one another, for having what I don't.

No matter how much I try I can't seem to get part one to talk sense into part two.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I like Yard House but it is expensive for my E-3 ass.

We go solely during happy hour now. Way quieter, half off on appetizers and pizzas, and roughly two bucks knocked off all the drafts.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Yeah I read mainly poker books nowadays and writing notes in the margins is really helpful for me.

I found that they had some philosophy books available for free. So, that could be a thing.

I just...something...they gave it to me as a graduation present, which is really cool because they thought "he reads a lot, and a kindle is for reading, and he likes computers." So I totally appreciate the thought that went into it.

It's just...I can't write on it. And writing is an important part of reading.

_J_ on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Kindles are fucking awesome man. You will learn to love it.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I hate it when our dogs lick their dog-ginas

it's very unlady like

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

If my liver were capable of retribution you would be so entirely fucked. But, luckily, the little guy is tuckered out in the corner just trying to hang in there.

"OH MY GOD ANOTHER FUCKING BEER YOU ASSHOLE! ONE OF THESE DAYS IMMA FAIL ON YOUR ASS" screamed _J_'s liver.

Alt joke: You haven't recieved that hardware upgrade yet?

• Options
    edited July 2010

Do you not drink much?

Also, if you like writing in margins, trade in the kindle and hold out for kindle 2.0 or whateverthefuck because I'd bet good money that's what's coming next, since it's essential for students/professors.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

But it's so good

but yeah I really hate spending like $30 on craft beers and thinking "this will probably be gone in two or three days."

I do hate when I spend money to try something and I end up hating it. I wish there were more beers available for the variety packs like they do at Whole Foods.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    This is getting really annoying.

There is a portion of my brain that understands with cold logic that I currently have Issues that preclude me from finding a relationship, that these issues come down to me, I have nobody else to blame, and will in all likelihood find someone wonderful as soon as I make some personal progress and stand on my own two feet.

There is another portion of my brain that feels seething rage and soulcrushing self-pity whenever I see any two people close to one another, for having what I don't.

No matter how much I try I can't seem to get part one to talk sense into part two.

I suggest coming to the realization that a relationship will not solve all of your problems.

That sort of helped me. At least for the present moment, until next week when I see the girl who smashed my soul into a thousand pieces 5 years ago.

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Do you not drink much?

Also, if you like writing in margins, trade in the kindle and hold out for kindle 2.0 or whateverthefuck because I'd bet good money that's what's coming next, since it's essential for students/professors.

I drink all the fucking time to keep my emotions in check. But I was home this past weekend and parents don't want to think their little _J_ is an alcoholic.

_J_ on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2010
    217523097_R2NW3-L-2.jpg

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.