As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Washer and Dryer Rental

ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat anklesRegistered User regular
edited July 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Hello, folks.

Have you ever rented a washer/dryer? Roughly how much was it per month (these rental sites never want to give you the price up front)? Was the process crap or was it better than having to spent chunks of time at the laundromat?

Any advice would be appreciated.

EyQGd.jpg
ThreeCubed on

• Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    1. Go on Craigslist.

2. Buy a 10 year old washer/dryer set for $200.

3. WIN!

These things last forever. The one in our basement is 20 years old and going strong. Renting a W/D is just throwing your money away.

Esh on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, get a pair off of craigslist. These things are tanks. My parents have had their dryer for longer than I've been around, and other than having to replace the drive belt once, and the bearings once, it still works perfectly.

Arrath on
  • Options
    ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I need a place that will deliver. I know no one with a truck and can't lug a washer or dryer up a flight of stairs.

ThreeCubed on
    EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Margarazzi wrote: »
    I need a place that will deliver. I know no one with a truck and can't lug a washer or dryer up a flight of stairs.

Hire someone. You'll still be saving money in the long run.

Esh on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Wish I had the dough for such a venture. I'll have to keep doing the laundromat thang. *pout*

ThreeCubed on
    EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'll go against the grain, as I tend to move every year or so and I wouldn't like the idea of having to figure out ways to lug around the washer/dryer. Plus for example, in my current apt there wasn't hook ups for it, but it's okay cause I got a good price/location.

So to answer your question, in my area(dallas), it's generally been around 30-50 a month for both. I really have never had a complaint.

Then again, I generally don't mind doing laundry in my building's laundromat. But that's because I don't hang around. Just come back after an hour or so to switch the clothes. Before when I didn't trust my old apartment and the people, it was definately a drag waiting around for my clothes.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm in Lewisville. I'm just going to have to find a laundromat with Wifi I guess :P I'm pretty sure there isn't one close.

I always have to take into account that anything I own I have to be able to fit into my car come moving time, and I have to be able to get it from its origin to my apartment on my own.

Thanks for the much-needed advice noir.

ThreeCubed on
    EyQGd.jpg