As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Chat] From Outer Space

1535455565759»

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    Gooey wrote: »
    Weren't you thinking of buying a new car anyway Dyna?

i was tempted to look but i had no real plans to buy a new car.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I know it makes me a marketing tool, but I like the look of the new fords, I'm sure their shit cars, but my 14 year old Honda isn't getting any younger (I just realized my car is as old as nerd).

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    I know it makes me a marketing tool, but I like the look of the new fords, I'm sure their shit cars, but my 14 year old Honda isn't getting any younger (I just realized my car is as old as nerd).
    Your car is fine.

My Honda is old enough to drink.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    IsidoreIsidore Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Tav wrote: »
    These colours don't run
    From cold bloody war
    :whistle:

these-colors-dont-run-729936.jpg

Isidore on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    That sucks Dyna! But new car time?

new to me car time. i don't want to go through that whole heartbreak period where any kind of scratch or ding is terribly upsetting. also, the money.

gotta wait to see how bad my insurance is going to screw me. the repair estimate was $6800, so i can safely assume that they'll pay me less than that.

Is it a recent car?

The value of the salvage might be quite high, if it's a relatively recent and popular car. The calculation that determines if it's a total loss is [Pre-accident value] - [salvage value] < [cost of repair].

japan on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Your car is fine.

My Honda is old enough to drink.

I need to take it in, its making a rattling noise when I hit the 30 to 40 mph range, god damn cars how do they work?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Gooey wrote: »
    Weren't you thinking of buying a new car anyway Dyna?

i was tempted to look but i had no real plans to buy a new car.

buy a volksvagen and put on a fake accent every time you drive it

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    japan wrote: »

new to me car time. i don't want to go through that whole heartbreak period where any kind of scratch or ding is terribly upsetting. also, the money.

gotta wait to see how bad my insurance is going to screw me. the repair estimate was $6800, so i can safely assume that they'll pay me less than that.

Is it a recent car?

The value of the salvage might be quite high, if it's a relatively recent and popular car. The calculation that determines if it's a total loss is [Pre-accident value] - [salvage value] < [cost of repair].

2004 Mazda 3 with 95k miles on it.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    hail Satan
    hail hail
    :whistle:

Tav on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Is it a recent car?

Wow your car is 8 years younger then mine and has just about 20k miles less.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    commuting for a few years here and there and some road trips eat up the miles.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    commuting for a few years here and there and some road trips eat up the miles.

Yeah mine has abornormally low milege. Before I owned it the guy who had it before was a ferry commuter, and I've never lived more then 5 miles from my job since I've driven it.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Well I started playing Guitar Hero 3 and am reminded how batshit insane the difficulty is on hard even. Expert just destroys me in the later tiers of songs.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    tee hee

now that legionofone has shown up the "I wish I was a Mod" thread has acheived the status of "downright adorable".

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

I just got an 08 focus which was quite affordable and I'm liking it a lot. But then I start and think about all the options my 86 nissan has that this one doesn't and I'm like... damn.

The nissan had:
    -Rain sensing windshield wipers
    -full digital cluster and a ballin tach
    -power windows
    -casette player
    -Anti-theft system (you had to hold the door funny to open it, technically it was broken but I'll call it a feature)
    -boost gauge that read in milimeters of mercury
    - slightly more comforable seats
    - a voice that announced when my lights were on, doors were ajar. Unfortunately it also told me that my fuel was low constantly since the sensor was broken.

The focus can play MP3 cds and beeps when if my seat belt isn't on.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Is it a recent car?

My Glass's guide and Salvage calculator are at work, unfortunately, so I don't have figures (which probably wouldn't be that relevant anyway, given that any I could give you would be UK-biased).

If this was UK, that would be high but not ridiculous mileage, so provided it was in decent condition would probably get Glass's (don't know what the US equivalent is) Retail less about 8-10%. Salvage rates on japanese cars generally are pretty good, because they tend to hang around long enough for there to be a market for parts from breakers. Say about 35-40% of pre-accident valuation minimum for a car of that year, probably higher.

japan on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Well I'd try to get the luxury model when I got a new car. Probably a nice sedan like my Accord. Gas milege would be a plus.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    TehSloth wrote: »

I just got an 08 focus which was quite affordable and I'm liking it a lot. But then I start and think about all the options my 86 nissan has that this one doesn't and I'm like... damn.

The nissan had:
    -power windows
    -casette player
    -Anti-theft system (you had to hold the door funny to open it, technically it was broken but I'll call it a feature)
    - a voice that announced when my lights were on, doors were ajar. Unfortunately it also told me that my fuel was low constantly since the sensor was broken.

Heh yeah, I have an 04 focus. Casette players are for old people and hipsters, but power windows would be nice. Is the clutch grab point still way up top on yours?

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    which thread is this, Riemann?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Next car though I definately won't fall for the first salesman who can quote Glenn Gary Glenn Ross at me though, I'll be strong and hold out for the Big Kahuna!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The Cat wrote: »
    TehSloth wrote: »

The nissan had:
    -power windows
    -casette player

Heh yeah, I have an 04 focus. Casette players are for old people and hipsters, but power windows would be nice. Is the clutch grab point still way up top on yours?

It's definitely looser than my last, but my mom and a friend of mine said my last one was brutal and they're pretty much the only people I knew who could drive standard while it was working.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    So basically unless Feral shows up to sell me a car, I'll never buy a car.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    IsidoreIsidore Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The voice actors they got for Persepolis have been spot-on up to this point. I thought Iggy Pop was a weird choice but he's actually a good fit for the character.

Isidore on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Damn it, thread has me browsing around the autotrader website.

japan on
  • Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The Cat!

Seems like you are hardly ever around any more. :(

Galahad on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    She's normally back the very next day, but I guess she could stay away this time.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    Galahad wrote: »
    The Cat!

Seems like you are hardly ever around any more. :(

I think she leaves as soon as I show up. Shit...

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I know people who only listen to music on tape

freaks

Tav on
  • Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    tee hee

now that legionofone has shown up the "I wish I was a Mod" thread has acheived the status of "downright adorable".

Which thread is that?

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    wheres the SC mos

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    emp on protoss is almost too powerful

if they didn't have fucking psi storm I'd say it's unfair.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2010
    Cat, you my favorite++. Hi!

217523511_XfdJ3-L-2.jpg