As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Man Cave type websites?

THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny.Real shiny.Registered User regular
edited July 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
PA used to have a workstation thread in Moe's Tech Tavern, it had everybodies areas and their neat little knick knacks but I guess I started reading it too late, because it has died and is a few years old anyway I think.

I love looking at other peoples stuff. I like to see how other people similar to me operate and see how they live. I recently found this website called http://www.thecoverproject.net/ while doing a project.

While there I found that their forums had many photos of their workstations and rooms and game displays.

I loved it and I want more of it.

What sites do you know of that feature stuff like this?

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
THEPAIN73 on

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    AVSForum, while centered around home theater, has a section dedicated to people showing off their setups. It's pretty cool.

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That site is more about the making of.

The type I want to see are more of completed projects. That and didn't see a ton of photos either on AVS.

I will visit it tonight at home and keep it around.

Thank you for the link Six.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    That site is more about the making of.

The type I want to see are more of completed projects. That and didn't see a ton of photos either on AVS.

I will visit it tonight at home and keep it around.

Thank you for the link Six.

There's a whole part of AVS devoted to showing off completed projects.

Six on
  • Options
    Dark MoonDark Moon Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lifehacker does regular features on people's interesting home/self-made workspaces (posts tagged #featuredworkspace). Dwell magazine is a rag devoted entirely to showing interesting residential architecture and the neat ways people decorate it. The first option definitely focusses more on workstations, if that's your thing, but the latter will often show those parts of the house in addition to how they fit within the entire dwelling.

Dark Moon on
    3072973561_de17a80845_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Electronic House magazine is also a rag basically devoted to people spending hundreds of thousands of dollars building man caves. It's not hard to find a free subscription because, let's be honest, it's Electronic House Magazine.

Edit: I still get it and I have no idea why

Six on
  • Options
    FallingmanFallingman Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    avforums.co.uk

It has a post your setup thread. Some peple post their full process for creating their areas, but they are really impressive - false walls, whole garage cnversions etc.

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]