As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 4e PbP Eberron: Crime/Noir] The Long Way Down

• hotranhotran Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I updated my original post with a sheet and background for Clank the warforged. Given the extended deadline, I might submit second character. I'm thinking a beastmaster ranger, who would be a 'procurer of rare & exotic (and illegal) beasts' for the higher-ups in the city. That being said, I really like the idea of the Automata-type warforged discrimination, so Clank would be the priority if it comes to that.

hotran on
    The Long Way Down: Clank, Warforged Fighter
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I would love to submit a Tiefling Fire Wizard to this. I'm semi-familiar with Eberron stuff, but I'm not sure where or how he'd fit in...

I'll see about getting something up today or tonight. Ordinarily I'd think I'm involved in too many things on the forums right now, but both the BSG game I'm running and the CitOW game I'm playing in will be ending in the next week or so.

Rius on
  • Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    At first when she was traveling, she pretty much was a begger. She used what skill she could to make money, but her skills at this point were pretty much none, the only real thing she had going was being able to heal. So when traveling from town to town doing what she could to help people, all the while keeping her powers hidden out of fear. Eventually, this attracted the attention of a group of mercenaries, who hired her to have to patch up their cuts after each bar fight and dungeon crawl.

Inevitably, they ended up finding out what she could do. Instead of being afraid or angry, they pretty indifferent, if anything happy. For the first time in a long time, she felt like she was home again. However this was not to be hear fate. She stayed with the Blazing Furies for close to a year. She did her best to keep them alive while they did their best to teach her how to fight. They got hired on to a relatively simply job, clear out a small raiding group of hobgoblins that liked to the area so much they decided to stay. The manticore they can into on the job proved to be a lot tougher. The only ones to survive the battle were Isabella and the company's leader, Xandak Horster. Dieing of a pair of iron spikes in his gut, he told her to go and master her power and to make a better life for herself than this, dieing out in the wild to some beast.

She made her way to Sharn, but as she soon found out, living in a biggest richest city in the world is a tad different then a small village or out in the wilds. Knowledge is power and power is very expensive in Sharn. For close on two years now she's been in the city, and barely any closer than when she first got there. Living out of what could be accurately called a hole in the lower city, doing things never would have dreamed of before for people she never would have dreamed of meeting. Nothing too bad, but working as freelance muscle and thug down in the bottom of the city was certainly not where she saw herself.

Power wise, she's really no closer to figuring out what it actually is at this point then when she first discovered them. She be honestly more inclined to believe that they are arcane at this point, that she's a some kind of sorcerer or something.

Basically I wanted her god to give her powers to be a force for good. But woops never sent her the memo, so, so far all they have done is make things worse and drive her in the opposite direction.

Fondor_Yards on
    Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Crimson PhantomCrimson Phantom Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I got another character, probably gonna submit tonight. I won't be able to provide a pic because I'm gonna have to do it from work and I don't want to look up furry pics for my shifter on the work comupters. But it is a hybrid ranger/seeker, nasty business with a bow.

Crimson Phantom on
  • TeyarTeyar Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Allright, it is time to actually crack open the bloody books and get on AIM, chief. Whatcha got? I'm at CoyoteJim85.

But for the moment, lemme just think out loud here. Concept wise, he dosent even see himself getting INTO combat much. Obviously, not the game we're playing here, so we've got to adapt it a bit. I suppose the ideal role we're going for is crowd-control, even though I'm loathe to give up backstab mentality on what obviously specs out closest to a Rogue. His essential goal in a given fight is to just ruin somebody's business, give em a raspberry, and GTFO in a cloud of cackling smoke. He's a burgalur, not a killer.

So holds and fears, largely.

Excessive hook-shot wankstory:
    As to the hook-shot, its a close personal mobility thing. One of the oldest and greatest stories I've got for this character template is how he managed to de-torso somebody.
    First crit was on the to-hit, of course, landing the hooks neatly into dude the target's ribcage. Then crit on the damage, meaning it was a full impale, the claws snapping shut. Oh, and then crit on the tumbling roll that came from having a flying, screaming, mildly panicked gnomeling flying at dude the target's torso, boots down. Turns out that particular variation on the device yanked you regardless of what you wanted... After that I managed to brace, and yank, removing the guy's ribcage.
    ...........The DM in that was a little enthusiastic about the claw-grip grappling hook idea.

The origional idea behind it was, oh look, I shoot the thing over the dudes shoulder, and kick his knees out from behind him, or wrap a whip around his ankle and hookshot myself THATAWAY. Shenanigans, more than DPS. It fits in with his "Not really big on the killing" mentality.

So yeah, race-wise he's mostly Gnome, then, I look at the set you put in, it fits for me. I'm cool with him losing some of the Rogue's combat functionality to keep the skill stuff, and just focus on more non-lethal styles of combat, from the Warlock, or whatever we can come up with for Illusionist stuff. Im aware this is basically all pure made up on the spot instead of drawn from a book, though, so feel free to tell me to stop munchkining at any point.

Teyar on
    Kick At The Darkness Until It Bleeds Daylight
    edited August 2010
    Ok so we've got an updated Dwight, traded 2 feats that boost rouge-prowess to make him more of a detective. He also got the Burglar background, with a trade out of dex for a 2 point boost in strength. Also allow me to introduce,

Autumn Torn Hybrid Ranger/Seeker

Background:
    Autumn wields the bow her grandfather gave her. The bow stands as tall as she does (and at 6 feet that's a big bow!) she was given it before her hunt to become an adult in her clan, when it came her time to kill the sacrificial fawn she couldn't do it...it just didn't make any sense to her to kill something that hadn't done anything to deserve it, and wouldn't be eaten or used to better the tribe, it just would have been stuffed and shown as a trophy. To that end she was banished from her home and has been wondering ever since, she came across Sharn a couple of weeks ago and while she doesn't know much about the place she most certainly likes it.
    All the hustle and bustle helps her forget about her banishment...but she does miss her people, she hardly ever runs into another shifter, and when she does it usually isn't under the best of circumstances. She doesn't have a set place of residence, so she's just as likely to sleep on someone's roof during a hot night, or inside of a collapsed shed on a bad one. She's currently trying to find some work and has heard that there are plenty of jobs, it's just the when she shows up most people turn her away because she looks funny covered in fur.

Image:
    3469206171_09d529f6ee_z.jpg

Crimson Phantom on
  • bratrbratr Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm not often at a loss for class selection but I have a question that the people here might be able to help out with.

I want to put up an application and I have a partial background written.

Basically I have a journalist. He is the son of a local (unsuccessful) play wright. He has made a name for himself among the readers of a relatively unknown newspaper. He writes with a flair, taking artistic liberties. He even (in secret) has helped escalate or spark several of the incidences he then wrote about, when stories were slim. He is particularly intrigued by the new series of murders and will do anything, even murder, to get the story. He is very ambitious, intelligent and charismatic.

I am wondering what class would best fit with this kind of job and personality. I want my characters class to be something that he picked up or developed to further his goals rather than it define him as a person.

bratr on
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Bard is pretty much the exact thing you want.

Could be something he learned from his father - kept practicing the arcane as a means to defend himself while searching for a story, and the powers flavored around a sharp wit would fit exactly.

Wassermelone on
    edited August 2010
    Why didn't I think of that... Sigh. I kept thinking sorcerer and wizard for some reason

bratr on
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I second the Bard notion.

interrobang on
    edited August 2010
    I would probably say Runepriest, you use your words as power to invoke things to happen. Just like how a runepriest inscribes runes to invoke the power from them.

Edit: I like bard, but when I think of them it's more vocal, rather than written. However with a smidge of reflavoring they would be prefect.

Crimson Phantom on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Adrik Ironhead, Dwarf Fighter

Rookie, don't talk to me about "standard procedure" or any of that bullcrap. This is Sharn. You want something done, you need to do it yourself, without waiting for "permission."
    ironbreaker01.jpg

Adrik sighed and rubbed his temples, his fire-red hair and beard just starting to show hints of gray; he'd always know this job would age him before his time. He stared at the reports in front of him, knowing that he'd have to read them eventually but dreading all the bureaucracy that came with being a Watch Officer in Sharn (or in any major city, for that matter). Some days it felt like he couldn't get anything done in official channels, because by the time he had all the paperwork processed the bad guys were already halfway across town and the trail was cold.

Things hadn't been like that in the Militia. Things had been simple then:

See those guys? They want to kill you. So go kill them. And try not to die.

Adrik allowed himself a grim smile at the idea that near-daily life or death combat was somehow "simpler," but it didn't touch his eyes. He turned back to the reports, willing himself to read them, and had just started to make some progress when he was interrupted.

"LT? Some guy looking for you downstairs. Bloke with a dark coat and hat who won't tell me his name."

Ah, thought Adrik. That'll be Hartigan. Wonder what he wants now? He almost chuckled in spite of himself; he and Hartigan liked to pretend that they couldn't stand each other, but in reality, they kept each other sane most of the time. They had joined the force at around the same time, although they worked in different departments, and now they had a mutually beneficial relationship; Adrik lent him muscle in a fight, and Hartigan allowed him to feel like he was actually making a difference in this hell-hole of a city.

He walked into the common room of the large Watch House. "What is it now, you dirty vulture?" he asked with a grin on his face, slapping Hartigan on the side of the arm. The Drow almost smiled. "Body found in an alley near here. Has all the markings of a hit by Torgus and his crew. I want to check it out." Adrik nodded, shrugging his shield over his shoulder and hanging his hammer from his belt; he hopefully wouldn't need them, but you never knew.

They arrived at the alley, and instantly, something wasn't right; for starters, there was no body.

And there were quite a few orcs who looked in the mood for a fight.

In a flash, Adrik's clothes reverted to a suit of heavy scale armor and he drew his shield and hammer; Hartigan drew his rapier, and a couple minutes later, there were quite a few bodies in the alley (although none, regrettably, were the murder victim they had hoped to find). Adrik sighed and wiped some of the blood off his face. "I hate this city. I really do."

Hartigan grinned humorlessly at him. "Cheer up. Chasing them down for the evidence is always the fun part."

Adrik couldn't argue with that.

Background:
    Adrik grew up in a village near Sharn; his parents were both merchants. He wanted to see the world (and make some money for his folks while doing so), so when he turned 18 he joined the Sharn militia, and ended up spending the next 7 years of his life not traveling the world, but fighting for his life against demons, aberrations, and all sorts of nasty things. Once his term was up he left the service, and found that he was poorer than he had been going in; since his only skills were talking to people and fighting, a career in the Watch seemed perfectly logical, so he joined up. He and Hartigan joined the Watch at the same time, and the two were instantly friends. Detectives normally never work with grunt lieutenants like Adrik, but the two are a great deal of help to each other; Hartigan helps enormously with Adrik's investigations by streamlining the process with his status as a detective, and Adrik helps bring muscle when Hartigan needs it (which, in Sharn, is almost constantly).

3cl1ps3 on
  • licwidcakelicwidcake Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Second Submission:

Mickey Swift, halfling performer. conman, and all around swindler (psion)
    http://4e.orokos.com/sheets/2348

Background:
    "Come one, come all! Step up! Step right up! Pick a card any card! Try to astound me! Try to confound me! I guess your card you owe me money! 3:1 odds! Step right up!"

Let's go easy money! That guy thinks I am full of crap, that guy thinks he's got me beat, that guy...is part of the city guard I guess it's time for my monthly pay off.

"Is this your card my good gentleman? No? Ah well double or nothing? How about this one? No? Alright sir you win again! Now I beg, please, leave before I owe you my home! Next! Next! Step right up..."

Razzin' Frazzin guard. Ah well, least this way I don't have to worry about gettin' grief for my particular skill set...uh oh, here comes trouble.

"Howdy detective, what can I do for you?"

"You can pack up your stuff and come with me for starters..."

"I'll tell you what...If you can stump me then I'll help you with whatever you want!"

Personality:
    To describe Mickey's personality in one word you would have to use the word cocky. He thinks he is clever enough and deceptive enough to get out of any situation. He has extremely loose morals and uses his powers to scam people out of their money, and pretty much get what he wants. He owes the detective for getting him out of a scrape when he was first developing his powers, so he will cooperate but probably will complain loudly against doing anything that is not his own way.

Token:
    PZO9007-Bard.jpg

licwidcake on
    edited August 2010
    I would probably say Runepriest, you use your words as power to invoke things to happen. Just like how a runepriest inscribes runes to invoke the power from them.

Edit: I like bard, but when I think of them it's more vocal, rather than written. However with a smidge of reflavoring they would be prefect.

Perhaps why I passed over Bard initially. I think though that if I reflavour with a focus on writing over preforming (which he can do since he has theatre background) it will work well.

bratr on
    edited August 2010
    What's sad is reading over the background for Adrik I can't help but think of Harry Dresden and Murphy from the "Dresden Files" the only question is...who would be Bob?
    Also IMO Bob was much cooler in the TV show than the books

Crimson Phantom on
    edited August 2010
    @bratr yea, you could simply have him keep a journal with him, after all a journalist is never without some written materials. Perhaps a magical fountain pen, to prove that the pen is mighter than the sword. He could believe in that idea and it gives his words strength. Just a thought

Crimson Phantom on
    edited August 2010
    @bratr If you want the class to be something he picked up along the way, rather than the defining characteristic, maybe one of the Rogue builds would work for you? Kind of fits with the doing-anything-it-takes to get the story idea.

hotran on
    edited August 2010
    Alternatively, bug our custom-hungry GM with unique ideas and pester him to make a custom class sort of thing.

*Evil grin.*

Teyar on
    edited August 2010
    Another idea is to take a class whose mechanics you like, and then cosmeticly reskin them for something more to your style.

Teyar on
    edited August 2010
    Teyar wrote: »
    Another idea is to take a class whose mechanics you like, and then cosmeticly reskin them for something more to your style.

This is also REALLY FUN because you get to go crazy and think up wild ways to represent the powers.

interrobang on
    edited August 2010
    My 2nd submission is Ecoriolanys, or Eco

Background
    "Eco", as he's almost exclusively known in Sharn, came to the city 11 years ago; from where, no one is exactly sure, but Breland, Thrane, and the Eldeen Reaches have all been mentioned by those close to him. Wherever it is, Eco isn't saying, likely because it was essential to what was his day job.

When he first arrived in Sharn, he brought with him a rather colorful songbird and a rather angry primate, which he promptly sold to curious (and prosperous) merchants with money to burn for their personal menageries. He turned his profits from these sales into yet more exotic creatures, and his business grew from there. From his small, cluttered office in the Middle City, Eco ventured out across the continent, seeking all manner of running, crawling, flying, and slithering creatures for discerning collectors and arena procurers. Those in the know universally claimed that, if you name it, Eco the Game Agent could find it.

Within the last 2 years, however, this maxim has been put to the test much closer to home. One fall night, after a particularly unsuccessful night at the tables in the Broken Rose, Eco was approached by young Eladrin woman, desperately seeking her little sister. She was supposed to have journeyed straight to Sharn from the family's country estate, but she'd never arrived; Eco could find anything, wouldn't he please look for the girl? The woman's distress was written all over her stunning features, and Eco, never able to turn down a woman in distress, decided to turn his skill at tracking towards sentient quarry. The night's gambling debts may have also provided a shove in the right direction.

When he succeeded, after a chase that crossed and recrossed the continent, at locating the lost Eladrin lass, word of Eco's skills quickly spread amongst the monied classes of Sharn. More and more of his game agent duties began to fall by the wayside, or were given to eager, if slightly inept, apprentices, as Eco was called on by a string of rich merchants and highborn, each with a case he simply had to take. Increasingly, these cases have begun to involve matters that Eco's clients would rather not have the City's authorities involved in. Whether its the rewards his clients are able to offer ( for his skills and discretion), the hair-raising stories the cases leave him with, or the people he meets along the way, Eco is pleased, if a bit haggered, by his change in profession. While he might gripe about work, at heart, he's always eager to see where each case might take him.

I think of Eco as being something between Bogart in The Big Sleep and William Powell in first Thin Man movie. His ranger skills are something he picked up by necessity in his days as a game agent, both in taking down his quarry and defending himself against the various hazards the wilderness can offer. I took Thievery as one of his trained skills, to reflect the knowledge he has picked up over the course of his time in Sharn as an investigator; if this is too much of a stretch, I'll switch it for something else. As with Clank, not exactly sure where the gold ought go, so suggestions are appreciated.

Also, I'm pitching Eco as the Detective. That being said, if thats not possible I'd totally be willing to rework him as a tracking specialist employed by the character that does fill the role. Between my two submissions, I'm cool with either of them; this is shaping up to be too sweet to miss.

hotran on
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Fecar, Warforged Barbarian - The Brute/Muscle
    Key:

Normal = Warforged, Italics = Mercenary, Bold Italics = Detective, probably

Just wait till you see this...

Is it effective?

You ever see a half ton of raging Warforged charge at you? No? Well I haven't either, I just handle the contracts you know, but I've seen the reports. Entire squads fled during this unit's rampages.

Well that certainly sounds impressive... where is it?

Right here. Unit Fecar, please recite primary information

Acknowledged. Unit Fecar, serial number 271828, currently decommissioned from military service. Fought in the war in the following batt...

We don't need the full list, please continue and skip recent assignments as well

Acknowledged. Decommissioned after the war. Purchased by and currently in service to the Talon Company, a mercenary band.

What is your primary function?

This unit is a shock soldier. Goal is maximum damage against single or multiple targets within a minimum amount of time.

Do you consider yourself sentient?

This unit is unfamiliar with the word "sentient," please clarify.

Are you alive?

This unit is currently activated and functioning at 97% of nominal efficiency.

Can you think?

This unit is capable of autonomous combat and target selection including short term operational decisions. Longer term autonomy is possible but normally disabled.

Have you ever considered anything more than this?

Negative. This unit is currently owned by Talon Company and am bound to obey their orders, or the orders from my currently assigned commander until my destruction.

Is it loyal?

Completely. It will unquestioningly obey orders from it's owner and assigned controller

Does it require maintenance?

A very small amount. It is capable of complete self-repair and even self-upgrades, given enough time.

Well, are you interested?

I'll get back to you

TL;DR
    An ex-soldier warforged owned by a mercenary company. The barbarian thing is simply combat style - charge in and destroy everything. Hasn't really considered independance before, loyal soldier and all that

I may do a wizard tomorrow

Phyphor on
    edited August 2010
    Thanks for all the great ideas. I'll fiddle around, probably post a simple bard and then for my second character I'll do something a little more special and talk to boyce about reskinning or some kind of bard/rouge cross.

Actually at one point I considered a sort of reporter/criminal cross that would be an assassin or rogue. Where he goes around committing crimes then is always conveniently first on the scene to cover it and get reactions.

bratr on
    edited August 2010
    So...basically the criminal version of Peter Parker/Spider-Man...nice!

Crimson Phantom on
    edited August 2010
    mhmm, i may do that for my second guy, first guy will be bard reskinned a tad, second guy will be more rouge like see if boyce likes either

BOYCE: Just one thing, I'm at my cousins house till thursday so I can max post my character at level 3 till I get home.

bratr on
  • srboyceboatsrboyceboat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    bratr, post what you got and I'll assume it's even cooler 2 levels higher. I hate to tell everyone this, but narrowing the field may take a little longer than I thought. I really like everyone's submissions, but with the volume and recent complications at work, I probably won't get to have character-building discussions with everyone the way the first block or so of submitted characters got. That doesn't necessarily affect your chances, because everyone's ideas are very tight right out of the box. That is what's inherently making this so hard.

Decisions like these suck. If an 8-person party were anything less than absurd, we'd have one.

How does 5 members feel to everyone? Would 6 be preferable? I can scale the encounters for larger groups. I almost feel like it should be detective + 5 rather than detective + 4. I don't know. Maybe I'm chickening out because I don't like turning down ideas at this stage. :?

srboyceboat on
    Picture is Dave Dorman's (http://www.davedorman.com/)
    edited August 2010
    I saw make it detective + 5 big groups make things cooler because you have bigger battles! Also it's kinda nice because the detective might have to do something like try and open a multi-locked door while the party defends him, and if he fails you have someone smash in the door. Just lots more things that can be done.

Crimson Phantom on
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, detective+5 would make open up for some more crazy combat.

The hard part, of course, is making sure everyone stays active.

interrobang on
    edited August 2010
    Yea, I guess you could always have backups though. Say someone isn't posting all that much, you give them a warning and if it doesn't get better or they opt to drop out you have someone willing to jump right in with their character

Crimson Phantom on
    edited August 2010
    I'm down for that, after all, its a team-centric game. Alternatively, less combat heavy game. Or, dont be afraid to appoint a secondary GM and split the party. In tabletop, its less viable, but online, where time is naturally unpacked and you've got the co-ordination manuvering...

Teyar on
    edited August 2010
    Introducing Andrew Pensmith the Bard.

I converted it to a Orokos sheet

Background:
    Andrew is the son of an unsuccessful playwright who had changed his name to try and attract attention of the masses. His father had primarily written tragic comedies. Plays full of jokes and puns but with endings that most often left more than half of the cast dead or worse. Andrew had inherited his father’s talent for writing but had also realized that plays were fiction, and people wanted to know what was really going on, as long as it was interesting. Andrew got a job with local paper. He quickly became a popular reporter, bringing in the best stories, expanding the papers small circulation making it into something people might actually recognize. Still by no means a big or even popular paper, Andrew has made it his goal to push the paper to the top. Andrew will sometimes take “artistic” liberties when writing his stories. He has also (secretly) sometimes acted to escalate or start situations.
    In order to get his stories he has made connections with members of the police, he has also connected with several private investigators and detectives. One detective in particular he liked to keep track of because he was often involved in finding people and escorting famous persons. Good filler stuff. He did wish he was involved is some more dramatic crimes. He hoped that the detective would move up to do some more high profile cases and that by befriending him now he would have access to the crime scenes.

Personality:

Andrew is very motivated. He zealously searches for stories to report, hunting down the truth whatever form it may be, and if it isn't interesting enough he will substitute his own truth. He can talk his way out of any situation and knows it. He is hard to pin down in conversation as well as battle. He loves to talk almost as much as he loves to write. Wherever he goes he carries a notepad and his magic pen. He is publicly a pacifist and against violence, but he will not shrink back from using intimidation or even inflicting pain to get information. He is in reality quite ruthless and driven although he will often act friendly and laid back to get people to like him and to get them to drop their guard.

Appearance:

I had a hard time finding something that I liked, I know the following is an elf, but if you imagine him as a human and replace the bow and arrow with a longsword you have what I want my character to be. I'll try and use photoshop when I get home but i dont have it here.

3796325453_aecf0e61ed_b.jpg

bratr on
    edited August 2010
    Dude, that is a scary low AC you got on your Bard

Crimson Phantom on
    edited August 2010
    I should have an extra +6 from chainmail

I also have some 500 gold unspent which will be mainly adventuring gear, paper, and other odds and ends, possible a crappy shield

But I don't understand why a reporter would carry a shield, I'm sticking with chainmail cause its something he could hide under his clothing just in case.

Maybe gloves of some sort. I was more interested in getting the character idea posted, cause I'd be really excited to play him. I'm still toying with the idea of same character but different class completely, like Ranger or Rogue

bratr on
    edited August 2010
    If you've got a little bit of gold left over buy yourself an Amulet of Protection or something that'll go in the neck slot

Assuming that's not an error and your AC really is 13, you are going to get ripped to shreds

You could maybe take a small shield and reflavor it as a buckler?

interrobang on
    edited August 2010
    Like I said CHAIN MAIL, I see no reason why it shouldn't be 17 or more

EDIT: i forgot to equip the armor lol, I have AC 19 now

bratr on
    edited August 2010
    did you make sure to equip it? Stupid question I know...but your post shows you have a 13 AC, were just trying to help out.

Crimson Phantom on
    edited August 2010
    You were right as I mentioned in my edit, I am a noob to the builder, I like to build from scratch

bratr on
    edited August 2010
    lol ok, that's much better.

Crimson Phantom on
    edited August 2010
    Sorry to multipost but I just wanted to add once more that I am grateful for all the advice, and I will be looking into spending the rest of my gold tommorow morning, but I am visiting family and being sent to bed.

Good night

bratr on
    edited August 2010
    I second everybody's thoughts on Detective +5. Bigger battles, workable party split, and more players getting in on this goodness.

hotran on