Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[D&D 4e PbP Eberron: Crime/Noir] The Long Way Down

1234568

Posts

  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'd advise against trying to chase someone down on your own. We're already split-up enough as it is. :P

    drumpf.jpg
  • hotranhotran Registered User
    edited August 2010
    He gets a +10 to defend. I'd say just gang up on the chainfighter and see what he's good for.

    The Long Way Down: Clank, Warforged Fighter
  • Crimson PhantomCrimson Phantom Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yea, I think I'm gonna pass. Would have to get a 15 or higher to intimidate. We'll kill this guy and then go through the apartment. It sounds like they didn't find anything that they wanted, so if something is here...it should still be here

    Rolan Landrahil, Elf Orbizard
    HP: 24/24 Healing Surge: 6 (4/6)
    AC: 15 Fort 12, Ref 16, Will 17
    Passive Insight: 19 Passive Perception: 16
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Actually, do you wanna knock him out instead? We could search while he's out cold and then interrogate him after he wakes up.

  • Crimson PhantomCrimson Phantom Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yea, we should knock out at least one of them for questioning. I know boyce when over it, but how do we do it again? Just designate we are pulling our final blow and that's it?

    Rolan Landrahil, Elf Orbizard
    HP: 24/24 Healing Surge: 6 (4/6)
    AC: 15 Fort 12, Ref 16, Will 17
    Passive Insight: 19 Passive Perception: 16
  • srboyceboatsrboyceboat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I guess all this Meta is what I get for taking too long. :P I'm just kidding, I don't mind the Meta-gaming at all. I sort of encourage it, especially when parties are all split apart like this.

    Dark's been awhile from posting. If we go down two players after 2 weeks, I shall be a sad DM Panda.

    Just announce it. Fair warning, if the target you're knocking out goes to negative bloodied or fails 3 death saving throws (assuming it applies. For example, Warforged and other living constructs make death saving throws, but don't die because of them), you will have lost them. So you can basically bring them back up to 0 HP and allow them a short rest to spend whatever Healing Surge they have (believe it or not, almost all monsters get 2, they just don't have a way of using them). Make sure you tie them down or have some serious intimidate when they come out of it. When they come out of being unconscious, you only have to beat their Will defense with an intimidate to keep them intimidated. I'll come up with an interrogation mechanic since the books don't talk about them.

    Also, I'm up, huh?

    Dwight and Sterling:
    The gremlin quickly survey his options and makes the obvious criminal decision: bolt. He raises his strange crystal one last time to cover his escape, and lashes out at Dwight and his own henchmen, the Chainfighter, taking them out at the knees and knocking them to the floor.

    Golk looks back at his boss, bewildered and enraged. The gremlin feigns innocence as he mounts the window. "Listen, Golk, you knew the score, and you had to bring the moron minotaur along, so the way I see it, it's fair that you take the fall. Ha! Get it, the fall?"

    "Plurg you loathsome, two-timing, shit-eating--"

    The gremlin hops out the window as the hobgoblin continues his tirade, laughing and tittering to himself as the winds of Sharn's middle city buffet their way into the apartment.

    The Chainfighter drags himself off the ground and glare down at Dwight, "You! It's your fault. Qeffer would have seen reason, but you had to go and stab his eyes out! Bastard!" He whirls the chain overhead and brings it down on Dwight, hard, but once again, Sterling's Aura blinks through, blocking the blow and causing the chain to bounce visciously back toward its wielder, who wraps it deftly around his arm, eying his opponents, he appears to seriously consider the window (or chasing down and murdering his former employer).


    Actions:
    Gremlin Ringleader:
    Standard -> Minor: Slip-Up at Dwight, 25 vs. Will - Hit! Dwight is prone.
    Minor: Slip-Up at Hobgoblin Chainfighter, 17 (+2 For Surprise) vs. Will - Hit! H1 is prone.
    Move: Athletics to hop out the window and then to (?,?) ('cause you can't see him)

    Hobgoblin Chainfighter:
    Move: Stand
    Free: Be Pissed off.
    Standard: Spiked Chain at Dwight, 21 - 3 = 18 vs. AC - Miss!

    Map:
    Tellarin.png

    Notable features of the map:
    • The bar is 4 foot high. Athletics or Acrobatics 12 to vault it as part of a move. Otherwise, just treat it as difficult terrain to enter and get off it.
    • The broken table in G15-H16 is difficult terrain.

    Status:
    [strike](G1) Goblin Thug - Init: 21 | HP = 1/1 | AC 17 | Fort 15 | Ref 17 | Will 17 [/strike]
    (H1) Hobgoblin Chainfighter - Init: 19 | HP = 21/64 | AC 17 | Fort 17 | Ref 18 | Will 16 (Bloodied, Aegis of Shielding, -3 to Attack Anyone but Sterling TEoE/Dead/Removed)
    :arrow: Dwight - Init: 16 | HP = 26/42 | AC 16+2 | Fort 13+2 | Ref 18+2 | Will 15+2 (prone)
    [strike](M1) Minotaur Ribber - Init: 14 | HP = 1/90 | AC 18 | Fort 20 | Ref 15 | Will 17 [/strike]
    Sterling - Init: 14 | (Temp) HP = (40) 37/56 | AC 20 | Fort 18 | Ref 19 | Will 18 (prone)
    [strike](G2) Goblin Thug - Init: 11 | HP = 1/1 | AC 17 | Fort 15 | Ref 17 | Will 17 [/strike]
    (D1) Gremlin Ringleader - Init: 6| HP = 63/63 | AC 19 | Fort 16 | Ref 18 | Will 17

    Next up: Dwight!



    Picture is Dave Dorman's (http://www.davedorman.com/)
  • Crimson PhantomCrimson Phantom Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Dwight scrambles to his feet and slips near the chainweilder, with a smile he slashes across the hobgoblin's back, leaving a long red line that starts to seep blood.

    Damn gremlins! He momentairly contemplates chasing after the gremlin but decides to stick around and finish off the hobgoblin, then he'll check on the gremlin.
    Move: Stand
    Standard: Acrobatic Strike 1d20+8 = 29 vs Hobgoblin AC Hit! 10 damage
    Acrobatic Strike Effect: Shift to (K,15)

    Status:
    [strike](G1) Goblin Thug - Init: 21 | HP = 1/1 | AC 17 | Fort 15 | Ref 17 | Will 17 [/strike]
    (H1) Hobgoblin Chainfighter - Init: 19 | HP = 11/64 | AC 17 | Fort 17 | Ref 18 | Will 16 (Bloodied, Aegis of Shielding, -3 to Attack Anyone but Sterling TEoE/Dead/Removed)
    Dwight - Init: 16 | HP = 26/42 | AC 18 | Fort 13 | Ref 18 | Will 15
    [strike](M1) Minotaur Ribber - Init: 14 | HP = 1/90 | AC 18 | Fort 20 | Ref 15 | Will 17 [/strike]
    :arrow:Sterling - Init: 14 | (Temp) HP = (40) 37/56 | AC 20 | Fort 18 | Ref 19 | Will 18 (prone)
    [strike](G2) Goblin Thug - Init: 11 | HP = 1/1 | AC 17 | Fort 15 | Ref 17 | Will 17 [/strike]
    (D1) Gremlin Ringleader - Init: 6| HP = 63/63 | AC 19 | Fort 16 | Ref 18 | Will 17
    Next up: Sterling!

    Rolan Landrahil, Elf Orbizard
    HP: 24/24 Healing Surge: 6 (4/6)
    AC: 15 Fort 12, Ref 16, Will 17
    Passive Insight: 19 Passive Perception: 16
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sterling quickly rolls onto her back and handsprings up onto her feet, scowling at the still-standing hobgoblin. The fact that the fight has gone on this long is irritating, and it shows in her face.

    Her annoyance clouds her judgment, and she lashes out with a poorly-placed strike at the side of the chainfighter's head, aiming to knock him cold with the flat of the blade; he raises his arm and her weapon deflects off his guard with a metallic 'ping'.

    "Dammit!" she spits, gritting her teeth.

    Status:
    [strike](G1) Goblin Thug - Init: 21 | HP = 1/1 | AC 17 | Fort 15 | Ref 17 | Will 17 [/strike]
    (H1) Hobgoblin Chainfighter - Init: 19 | HP = 11/64 | AC 17 | Fort 17 | Ref 18 | Will 16 (Bloodied, Aegis of Shielding, -3 to Attack Anyone but Sterling TEoE/Dead/Removed)
    Dwight - Init: 16 | HP = 26/42 | AC 18 | Fort 13 | Ref 18 | Will 15
    [strike](M1) Minotaur Ribber - Init: 14 | HP = 1/90 | AC 18 | Fort 20 | Ref 15 | Will 17 [/strike]
    Sterling - Init: 14 | (Temp) HP = (40) 37/56 | AC 20 | Fort 18 | Ref 19 | Will 18 (prone)
    [strike](G2) Goblin Thug - Init: 11 | HP = 1/1 | AC 17 | Fort 15 | Ref 17 | Will 17 [/strike]
    :arrow:(D1) Gremlin Ringleader - Init: 6| HP = 63/63 | AC 19 | Fort 16 | Ref 18 | Will 17

    Next up: Gremling Ringleader?! (Unless he's well and truly left the building...)

  • srboyceboatsrboyceboat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Dwight & Sterling:

    The chainfighter whirls about, striking viciously, in an snarling, animal way with his spiked chain, aiming to do as much damage to his foes and the world as possible, raging at his losses and betrayals, but utterly unable to find any purchase with the weapon, he disengages slightly from the pair.

    Actions:
    Gremlin Ringleader: Double Move to ??

    Hobgoblin Chainfighter
    Standard: Revolving Strike at Dwight & Sterlings, 10 & 1 vs. AC - Whiff
    Move: Shift East 1 Square

    Status:
    [strike](G1) Goblin Thug - Init: 21 | HP = 1/1 | AC 17 | Fort 15 | Ref 17 | Will 17 [/strike]
    (H1) Hobgoblin Chainfighter - Init: 19 | HP = 11/64 | AC 17 | Fort 17 | Ref 18 | Will 16 (Bloodied, Aegis of Shielding, -3 to Attack Anyone but Sterling TEoE/Dead/Removed)
    :arrow: Dwight - Init: 16 | HP = 26/42 | AC 18 | Fort 13 | Ref 18 | Will 15
    [strike](M1) Minotaur Ribber - Init: 14 | HP = 1/90 | AC 18 | Fort 20 | Ref 15 | Will 17 [/strike]
    Sterling - Init: 14 | (Temp) HP = (40) 37/56 | AC 20 | Fort 18 | Ref 19 | Will 18
    [strike](G2) Goblin Thug - Init: 11 | HP = 1/1 | AC 17 | Fort 15 | Ref 17 | Will 17 [/strike]

    Next up: Dwight

    Picture is Dave Dorman's (http://www.davedorman.com/)
  • Crimson PhantomCrimson Phantom Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Dwight lets the hobgoblin take a step before kicking out the back of its knee and slamming the butt of his rapier down onto the back of its skull knocking the goblin unconscious. As the hobgoblin crumbles to the ground Dwight runs over to the window to see if he can spot the gremlin.
    Standard: Sly Flourish 1d20+11 = 21 vs Hobgoblin AC Hit! 19 damage!

    Not sure how you want to do this, so I rolled a perception, acrobatics, and athletics checks just in case.

    Perception (X2 for Dragonmark): 1d20+10 = 14, 1d20+10 = 22 -> Perception = 22
    Athletics: 1d20+5 = 16
    Acrobatics: 1d20+11 = 17


    Status:
    [strike](G1) Goblin Thug - Init: 21 | HP = 1/1 | AC 17 | Fort 15 | Ref 17 | Will 17 [/strike]
    (H1) Hobgoblin Chainfighter - Init: 19 | HP = 0/64 | AC 17 | Fort 17 | Ref 18 | Will 16 (Bloodied, Aegis of Shielding, -3 to Attack Anyone but Sterling TEoE/Dead/Removed, unconscious)
    Dwight - Init: 16 | HP = 26/42 | AC 18 | Fort 13 | Ref 18 | Will 15
    [strike](M1) Minotaur Ribber - Init: 14 | HP = 1/90 | AC 18 | Fort 20 | Ref 15 | Will 17 [/strike]
    :arrow:Sterling - Init: 14 | (Temp) HP = (40) 37/56 | AC 20 | Fort 18 | Ref 19 | Will 18
    [strike](G2) Goblin Thug - Init: 11 | HP = 1/1 | AC 17 | Fort 15 | Ref 17 | Will 17 [/strike]
    Next up: Sterling

    Dwight still has 5 squares of movement if he doesn't run, I'll stop my post here until boyce lets me know what I see. But I might be jumping out the window and after the gremlin, which is why you have pretty much every roll that you'll need.

    Rolan Landrahil, Elf Orbizard
    HP: 24/24 Healing Surge: 6 (4/6)
    AC: 15 Fort 12, Ref 16, Will 17
    Passive Insight: 19 Passive Perception: 16
  • Dark080matterDark080matter Registered User
    edited August 2010
    With a shocked expression on her face, Rievakari addressed the detectives pleadingly.

    "You don't understand, there's been a terrible murder! There always was going to be. I predicted this would happen and came to warn the dwarf who worked here, but it's already too late. Look at this!"

    She quickly twirled The Mutant and a 7 of Pentacles into the palm of her hand from... somewhere... and displayed them as if offering crime scene evidence.

    "It was those terrible people from House Tarkanan I bet, judging by the marks they left at the scene. Of course, precognitive murder reports aren't something you Watch deal in. Typical. Maybe the scene in there should change your mind.

    Oh, Clank here is harmless. Why, it's ego crux was wiped just last month. I had to bring him, I thought that this might turn out to be dangerous! Well...?! Go look if you don't believe me, but I won't bear to stand the sight of that again!
    "


    She folded her arms and fixed the two Watchmen with a stern gaze, as if the conversation had helped her work up her outrage over the horror of the murder. It was clear that she was pinning partial blame on them for the murder due to their ill-conceived prejudice against paranormally-based watch reports.
    Oh, I'm around. I couldn't check the forum until today because of a 5k I had to go run.

    Upon consideration, Rievakari does enough twisting of the truth for this to perhaps better qualify as a Bluff check. Her skill modifier is identical for either however. I'll re-roll it if you like.

    Diplomacy vs. Sharn Watch: 1d20+11+2 32

    XBLA Tag: umbralAeronaut
  • srboyceboatsrboyceboat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Dwight:

    As you reach the window, you can just catch the last glimpse of the gremlin ducking around the corner of a ledge on another tower 60 feet away. He's got a huge head start on you and apparently knows his way around this part of Sharn pretty well.

    Y'all would probably be wanting to stabilize him. Roll anything other than a critical failure and you can keep him from dying. I'm assuming everyone has adventurer's kits with rope to tie someone up, but if you don't, you can find rope in the apartment.

    Rievakari & Clank:
    The pair of officers glance at each other nervously, then back at the fortune teller. The one with his hand on his belt steps forward slightly, staring carefully at Rievakari. "Listen, Lady, if you're yanking us--"

    His partner puts his hand on his shoulder. "Whoa, Rik, let's take it easy." He manages to activate the Watch sigil and a static pop raises the hair on everyone's arms as a buzzing voice clicks through the air from the device. "Patrol 276, Connection Open. The arcana link is weak, so make it quick."

    "House, 276 is at Remstrin Mortuary, human-" he narrows his eyes at Rievakari, "-strike that, kalashtar female reporting a murder. Any record of a paranormal or prophecy report? 276 Over."

    The device fuzzes and then blinks in concordance with the voice that emerges. "276, are you fucking with me? You know how many prophecy reports we get on a day? Get a name, date, and methodology: I'll check the Gods-damned looney bin and see if we can --"

    As the House officer continues rambling, the Watch patrolman in front of you grows obviously perplexed at the implied insults and covers the device with his hand. "Stay put, ma'am, and keep your...device...still. Rik, stay here." The Officer you heard the Watch House operator address as Biel steps past you and toward the office. He looks around briefly, then up. There is a brief pause, a gurgling noise, and then the officer stomps back out of the office, vomiting almost uncontrollably.

    He wipes his mouth with the back of his sleeve, draws his shock-stick and nods at his partner. The officer steps uncomfortably close to Rievakari and smiles in a manner that's supposed to seem friendly but comes off as hawkish and worrisome. "Ok, lady. I'm going to make this as clear and simple as I can: I need you to answer my questions straight, without any of your weird side talkin. We can't just trust some frikken cards you pull out of nowhere that you and the machine aren't responsible for whatever happened in there. Now, you got the cards and the look to go with someone who predicts the future for a livin', and me? I'm inclined to believe you didn't do this, but that ain't how it works in the Watch. First thing's first: Papers, please." He holds out his hand, but his grip on the shock-stick on his belt tells you he's ready to be anything but civil.


    If you didn't buy ID papers for your character when you made it with the CB, you can try bribing him. You can also try pulling some other bullshit I haven't thought of. Your passive insight is good enough that I can tell you that was a great bluff, so they're no longer directly suspicious of you as culprits, but they also don't know what to do with you and want to make sure you don't have some sort of involvement. They look nervous in general, like they weren't expecting to have to do any work.

    Picture is Dave Dorman's (http://www.davedorman.com/)
  • Crimson PhantomCrimson Phantom Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Dwight slams his fist down on the window as he turns around and storms over to the hobgoblin. "God damn gremlins" he mutters under his breath as he pulls out some rope and ties up the unconscious hostage. As soon as the hostage is tied up Dwight takes a quick look around the main room, to try and spot anything out of place, with a deep sigh he closes his eyes and lets his Dragonmark feel out the room for any trace of the arcane.

    Dwight slaps around the hobgoblin waking up him. As he starts to come around Dwight has the tip of his rapier at the hobgoblins throat, "Your boss left you to die, you're tied up, and if you try to move or lie to me I will kill you. Do you understand?"
    Perception(X2): 1d20+10 = 22, 1d20+10 = 18. Perception = 22
    Perception(Arcana): 1d20+10 = 28
    Heal/Intimidate on Hobgobllin: 1d20+5 = 7 (a 2 is not a 1!) / 1d20+12 = 20

    Rolan Landrahil, Elf Orbizard
    HP: 24/24 Healing Surge: 6 (4/6)
    AC: 15 Fort 12, Ref 16, Will 17
    Passive Insight: 19 Passive Perception: 16
  • hotranhotran Registered User
    edited August 2010
    The gentle hum that accompanies Clank even as he stands still drops to a lower note. He shrinks, his hips and knees settling imperceptibly lower, and the blue glow in his visor dims. He might not like playing a possession, but it was working. He silently hoped that Rieva's story could get them on their way.

    The Long Way Down: Clank, Warforged Fighter
  • srboyceboatsrboyceboat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Dwight:

    Dwight gets a sense of magic all around the room, which doesn't surprise him, given that an eladrin artificer or mage-wright of sorts was its occupant at one time. Specifically, there are runes carved into the desk on the southern wall which and a handful of half-completed artifcings eminating some latent arcana, but it's all quite old: four days or more, lining up with Sael'iana's story that Tellarin's been missing for that long. Of particular note is the only completed artifice in the entire apartment: it's a small circular device, no larger than a seashell, with runs etched along the bottom that lead to a simple button. When Dwight thumbs the button, a spectral, 3-dimensional moving statue of a young eladrin woman and boy frolicking childishly floats to life in a ghostly blue, where their feet and most of the lower bodies trail off, but the detail in their faces is exquisite. It operates on something like a 2-minute loop and seems to be accompanied by a music-box like effect, but Dwight isn't sure the sound isn't a psychic byproduct of holding the device, like it was magically imprinted and may be part of an illusion the user is subject to. It's a nice, if somewhat melancholy, melody, at any rate. You recognize the still of Tellarin you have in your possession as having been drawn from a moment within the 2-minute sequence displayed by the device. the Nothing else arcane specifically stands out, but upon closer physical inspection, the room's state looks like a fairly standard burglary, with the exception of the broken table and the fact that many possessions remain in their place. The crew who was here was likely instructed to burglarize the apartment as well in order to give it more an appearance of having been happenstance crime rather than specified searching, giving the gremlin the sort of criminal savvy not often found in goblinoids and those they employ.

    Carpets are torn up, the cushions on the couch have been mutilated, the window's broken, all the drawers have been removed from everything that has drawers and emptied onto the floor, even the ice box has been completely rifled through, its contents spilled onto the kitchenette floor and obviously picked at. A handful of things catch your eye however: the broken table, specifically. Why would thieves break a table, especially one with no capacity to hide anything denser than a finely-made pen? "Golk" might know, or it may be it was broken before they contaminated the scene. The carpet is in very bad disarray from the fight and the upturning the gremlin's crew gave the place before your arrival, but there are heavy drag marks leading to the couch, like furniture had been re-arranged. Again, not likely something the hobgoblin's accomplices might have had any reason to do. The dragging marks appear to have been when the couch was moved from the western wall to the eastern wall, through where the broken table lies in ruins. The last two interesting items are simple: one appears to be a dried blood trail, too old to have been from the recent altercation. It leads from the broken table to the now-broken window. The second item of note lies in some of the papers from the overturned desk drawers that the dead minotaur has been bleeding onto. A handful of them appear to be journal entries, which may be significant enough to collect when you're not otherwise hassling a suspect.

    The hobgoblin glances around the room sourly, forming a scowl as best as a creature at blade-point is able, and nods his head almost imperceptibly, once. "God damn gremlins," he mutters. "This was supposed to be a cake job."


    Waiting on Rieva or Clank to identify themselves to the Watch. Ender, I missed Vered's response to Bemiin because I'm a bad DM and had been waiting for a post from Wass, which obviously is not happening. hotran will jump in if it's cool with everyone just until we can get Mos resolved and get the crew back together. Otherwise, Ender, I'll get your response up soon.

    Picture is Dave Dorman's (http://www.davedorman.com/)
  • Crimson PhantomCrimson Phantom Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Dwight kneels down, his rapier still in his hand, the tip still at the hobgoblins throat.

    "Your name's Golk right? Well Golk we are gonna play a little game. You are gonna tell me everything that you know about this place, why you are tearing it up, who hired you, the gremlin who left you here to die, and anything else I might find interesting. In exchange, if I feel you are telling me the whole truth, I'll cut you free. If I feel you are lying, I'll cut your throat."
    Intimidate check if you need it: 1d20+12 = 24
    Insight also: 1d20+10 = 18

    Rolan Landrahil, Elf Orbizard
    HP: 24/24 Healing Surge: 6 (4/6)
    AC: 15 Fort 12, Ref 16, Will 17
    Passive Insight: 19 Passive Perception: 16
  • hotranhotran Registered User
    edited August 2010
    I'm on my way to the Ikea at the moment, but I'll throw up a Mos post when I get back. At the Morgue, I'm thinking Clank lets his "owner" do the talking as much as possible.

    The Long Way Down: Clank, Warforged Fighter
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sterling sheathes her weapon and wipes a bit of bloody spittle from the corner of her mouth, quietly clearing her throat as she composes herself. Her temporary loss of temper embarrasses her.

    As Dwight occupies himself with the interrogation, Sterling sets to gathering as much evidence as she can. Her first stop is the dried blood trail - kneeling down beside it, she runs her fingertips over a particularly large splotch, but she has way of knowing just how old the stuff is or who it belongs to.

    "Mr. Hartigan, would you like me to gather anything from the scene while you are otherwise preoccupied with our guest?"

  • Crimson PhantomCrimson Phantom Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    "Yes Sterling there are a few things that we need to grab. First thing we need is to bag and tag every artifice in this apartment. Make sure you don't forget the little circular one I think someone might be interested in it. I don't care if they work or not, we can figure out what they do later, but let's not miss the chance to get all of the devices." Dwight points out the journal entries on the table, "Grab all of those as well. If we can figure out what Tallerin was working on maybe we can figure out where he is. While I didn't get a chance to fully inspect the runes on the desk they must be important to any work that he was doing. Now Golk, I believe you were about to answer my questions."

    Rolan Landrahil, Elf Orbizard
    HP: 24/24 Healing Surge: 6 (4/6)
    AC: 15 Fort 12, Ref 16, Will 17
    Passive Insight: 19 Passive Perception: 16
  • srboyceboatsrboyceboat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Dwight:

    Golk swallows past the tip of your blade, seeing the intent to cause harm burning in your eyes. "Look, drow, er, sir, er mister whatever you want - I don't know nothin' important. The Gremlin was Plurg, small-timer, some guys made it sound like he might be connected, you know? Rumor was House Tarkanan or the Boromar Clan. Plurg said this university kid was supposed to deliver some ginned-up version of grinspore or something to some important people, but they didn't get the shipment. Plurg brought us in thinking we could find the kid or the product and deliver it ourselves, rough the kid up so that he'd know better than to miss his next shipment, maybe a little extorque-- extra--...you know, protection money. It was an honest smash-and-grab. No kid when we got here, so Plurg convinces us that he must have stashed the stuff somewhere in this place. We spend two hours looking for it and then you show up." He finishes his rant and stares pointedly at the rapier. When you don't remove it, worry seizes his features. "Listen, I'm just the hit guy. I don't know anything else. What else do you want? The kid wasn't here, we didn't kill him or do nothin' to him! I swear!"

    Picture is Dave Dorman's (http://www.davedorman.com/)
  • Dark080matterDark080matter Registered User
    edited August 2010
    OOC: Time to tell an officer of the law to step the hell off. This can't possibly go wrong!

    Rievakari stiffened and leaned back from the unnecessarily-close approach of the Watchman, then wrinkled her nose at his suggestion that she display her papers.

    "Hmmm, I don't think that I shall. I was assured upon my arrival here in Breland that I would be immune to this sort of petty intimidation. I suggest that you take your complaint to the Adaran Consul, which is sure to generate immense amounts of lovely paperwork for your agency."

    At this point Rievakari turned to Clank and officiously spoke to 'it' in the manner of one accustomed to bossing mindless automatons (of both the biological and mechanical varieties).

    "You are recording this, right? When I take this provincial agent's harassment to court I would dearly love to watch him squirm at the playback."
    Of course I'm not really an ambassador from Adar. Nor do I have any kind of papers. Or for that matter do I have any sort of diplomatic immunity at all! So...

    Bluff vs. Watch: 1d20+11 19

    XBLA Tag: umbralAeronaut
  • Crimson PhantomCrimson Phantom Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Assuming Insight says he isn't lying:

    "Well then, I guess that means that you won't mind if I look around and make sure that you didn't miss anything. After we're done you're gonna split, and if I even catch the slightest glimpse of your ugly mug in my city again, you're gonna wish I killed you."
    Insight Check: 1d20+10 = 21

    Assuming Insight says he's lying:

    "Well then, I'm just gonna leave you here for the Watch to find, then when I find Plurg and the people who hired him I'll be sure to tell them that Golk tuned pigeon and ratted out all of them. Now you sit nice and quiet, I'm gonna look around and if you change your mind then you let me know."

    Either way the following still applies:
    Perception Check X2: 1d20+10 = 27; 1d20+10 = 26
    If it's alright will use one check for the main room, and the other check for the back hallway and any other rooms for any secret doors.
    What check would you like to figure out the blood pattern, the broken table, and the drag marks?

    Rolan Landrahil, Elf Orbizard
    HP: 24/24 Healing Surge: 6 (4/6)
    AC: 15 Fort 12, Ref 16, Will 17
    Passive Insight: 19 Passive Perception: 16
  • hotranhotran Registered User
    edited August 2010
    Mos Nassam

    Mos scans the boxes lining the walls of the warehouse, its drifting gaze alert for arcane residue that might hint at their origins. As it does so, it projects into Bemlin's mind:

    "It reminds Bemlin that Its owners wish this matter resolved quickly. Unduly delaying it could prove...unfortunate."
    So I've got an Arcana check to see if anything of note can be gleaned from the boxes, and an Intimidate check on our buddy Bemlin

    [COLOR="rgb(105, 105, 105)"]Arcana: 1d20+13=17

    Intimidate: 1d20+11=23

    Back to assembling bookshelves...::sigh::[/COLOR]

    The Long Way Down: Clank, Warforged Fighter
  • srboyceboatsrboyceboat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Dwight:
    I took your insight roll into account, he was telling you the truth.

    Your instincts serve you particularly well with those rolls. Let me address the drag marks with your perception check (they're related). The table might require separate inspection since you were looking specifically for secret doors. Much about the blood could be identified with a Heal check, and if you can't pull that off, you could consider taking it to someone who might know how to track it: an unsavory apothecary, for example. We're in the Hard DCs now, so keep that in mind.

    As the hobgoblin retreats out the busted out window, nodding his thanks and holding his sides, you survey the room, paying particular attention to the drag marks on the couch. Running your fingers along the cloth, the pattern is obvious: it started on the western wall, was dragged to the eastern wall, and then returned to the western wall. There's no real difference in terms of the amount of space, and the blood stain is over top of the markings, so it happened before that altercation. Kicking one of the goblin's corpses aside, you around behind the couch in its current position on the western wall and find a panel on the wall that feels particularly odd - painted over one too many times. You'll need to move the couch to get to it, but there's definitely something back there.

    Pondering what it could be, you set it aside as you explore the rest of the small apartment, feeling the walls for anything unusual and noticing the number of posters Tellarin keeps on his walls. Many of them depict plays his sister was in at varying times, most of the productions you've never heard of, giving you the impression that Sael'iana got her start outside of Sharn, maybe even outside of Breland. His room is an absolute mess, just as the gremlin, Plurg, indicated, and you're sure the gang didn't do much to improve matters. It's pretty straightforward, other than an unusually sparse closet (not a lot in the way of clothing) and an apparent and utter lack of use for the large secretarial desk that occupied the corner of the room. Inspecting that, it seems simply disused, like Tellarin didn't enjoy working in here. Overall, it appears to primarily be a place for him to discard his clothes and bathe.

    Returning to the main room, you return you attention to the couch, and the question of whatever was behind it.


    Strength DC 14 to move it 5 feet to access the strange wall panel. Still in the 15 minutes per attempt thing, so between reviving the hobgoblin, checking the room and everything else, that's another hour. I'm assuming you guys took a short rest and spent healing surges to recover hit points. Remember that Dwight spent one and lost one from the Hobgoblin's chain attack.
    Rievakari & Clank (Sorry!):
    Biel, composing himself and straightening out as Rievakari blusters at his partner, narrows his eyes and shakes his head almost imperceptibly, his hand now also reaching down to his belt. Rik nods knowingly and raises an eyebrow. "Adar, huh? That's a pretty story for a pretty lady, but your immunity visa would have been issued. Plus, Beil's neat little magic whooziwhatzit? It's designed to detect the runes sealed onto the immunity papers, and it didn't turn yellow when he walked up to you, did it? Oh, I bet you predicted this murder all right, but you don't lie to the Watch about who you are and get off free and clean." He lights his shock stick and draws his sword, and Biel does the same, stepping in behind the warforged and the kalashtar, looking ready to apprehend you by force if necessary. Rik's eyes twinkle malevolently as he eyes Rievakari, even lecherously. "We don't have to do this the hard way, though. Maybe you and me could work out a different sort of...reconciliation. My pay slot is pretty nice this month, so I'm not in need of coin but...I imagine you've got other services to offer."

    Both of you can tell very clearly that Rik is totally okay with doing this the hard way, and if he's proposing what you think he's proposing, it's likely that way won't be easy either. Might even be looking forward to it.


    Actions:
    Free:
    Insight for Rik and Biel: 25 & 27

    Initiative!
    Rik & Biel: 19 & 15

    Map:
    morgue.png

    Notes:
    • That's Cleg's office with the blood. Desk is difficult terrain.
    • The stairs lead down into the morgue proper.
    • The doors are at the south. You can try to get past the officers and book it, chance you'd escape them.

    Status:
    (W1) Rik - Init: 19 | HP = 100/100 | AC 20 | Fort 20 | Ref 18 | Will 15
    (W2) Biel - Init: 15 | HP = 100/100 | AC 20 | Fort 20 | Ref 18 | Will 15
    You guys don't have to roll initiative if you don't want to, if you can think of a way out of this that doesn't involve fighting. I'm assuming Rievakari would rather not accept Rik's...proposition.

    Omni Skill Challenge Progress:
    You have 5 successes. DCs are now at the hard level of 18. Successes still take an hour, failures take 2 hours of time.

    You have, as a group, spent 6 hours on the case(s). It is evening in Sharn.

    Did I mention shit be a little dark in Sharn?

    Picture is Dave Dorman's (http://www.davedorman.com/)
  • Crimson PhantomCrimson Phantom Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh thank you sweet baby Jesus! First roll for strength check!

    Dwight runs his fingers across the table, trying to spot something out of place, a reason that it's broken like someone took a maul to it. After throughly searching the table Dwight walks over to the couch and with an impressive feat of strength yanks it away from the wall. Kneeling down Dwight pulls out his magnifying glass and looks over the hidden door, running his fingers along the edges he holds a lockpick inbetween his teeth in case he finds a lock...or a trap. "Let's see what we have here..." he mutters to himself.
    Perception on Table (x2): 1d20+10 = 12; 1d20+10 = 23. Perception = 23
    Strength Check on Couch: 1d20+3 = 17. HULK SMASH!!
    Perception on Wall with Inquisitive Kit (x2): 1d20+10+2 = 31; 1d20+10+2 = 20
    Perception = 31
    Thievery Check (in case I find a trap or it's locked) w/ Thieves Tools: 1d20+11+2 = 27

    Also Dwight has spent 2 more healing surges to bring himself up to full health, that with the 2 that were spent during the fight leaves me with 2 left.

    Rolan Landrahil, Elf Orbizard
    HP: 24/24 Healing Surge: 6 (4/6)
    AC: 15 Fort 12, Ref 16, Will 17
    Passive Insight: 19 Passive Perception: 16
  • Dark080matterDark080matter Registered User
    edited August 2010
    Rievakari grimaced as her ruse utterly failed.

    "It sounds to me that you're looking for the other joke and trick shop. You may soon find that the Fates are rarely kind to Fools who can't keep their morals straight."

    Unfortunately her reflexes weren't as sharp as her tongue. Perhaps Rievakari simply wasn't completely prepared for the rapid rate that this tense situation was turning into a violent one.

    Status
    (W1) Rik - Init: 19 | HP = 100/100 | AC 20 | Fort 20 | Ref 18 | Will 15
    (W2) Biel - Init: 15 | HP = 100/100 | AC 20 | Fort 20 | Ref 18 | Will 15

    Rievakari - Init: 8 | HP = 43/43 | AC 19 | Fort 17 | Ref 13 | Will 19

    Rievakari is in the Phase of the Stars, which means that whenever an attack misses her she may teleport 4 squares as a free action. At the moment, if anything should happen to trigger that she'll choose to travel to square G-6 (near Clank).

    Initiative: 1d20+2 8

    XBLA Tag: umbralAeronaut
  • hotranhotran Registered User
    edited August 2010
    Clank roars to life, his right arm moving with blinding speed as he draws his axe, the catches holding it to his back releasing automatically. His visor flashes a deep crimson as he plays its glow over the Watchmen. As he sets his talons, a voice distinctly different from that he's been using, more obviously mechanical, echoes from his speakers. "Quickly, ambassador."
    Initiative: 1d20+3=18

    Status

    (W1) Rik - Init: 19 | HP = 100/100 | AC 20 | Fort 20 | Ref 18 | Will 15
    Clank - Init:18 l HP= 52/52 l AC 22 l Fort 16 l Ref 15 l Will 16
    (W2) Biel - Init: 15 | HP = 100/100 | AC 20 | Fort 20 | Ref 18 | Will 15
    Rievakari - Init: 8 | HP = 43/43 | AC 19 | Fort 17 | Ref 13 | Will 19

    Realize I forgot to include weapon stats in my sheet, I'll have those up soon.

    The Long Way Down: Clank, Warforged Fighter
  • srboyceboatsrboyceboat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    My apologies guys, but we're going to have a short hiatus from posts from me. This sucks because we're right in the thick of the good stuff, but RL stuff has lead to a lack of downtime till about Tuesday or Wednesday evening. I know 1 day isn't much of a hiatus, but I already feel like I don't get back to you guys quick enough, so I wanted to throw it down in advance. I hope that's not the Worst Thing Ever [tiny]TM[/tiny]

    Picture is Dave Dorman's (http://www.davedorman.com/)
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    A one day hiatus with a perfectly acceptable reason that you're warning us about in advance?

    This is simply unacceptable.

  • Crimson PhantomCrimson Phantom Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I agree. Simply fucking horrible. Who approved this kind of thing?

    Rolan Landrahil, Elf Orbizard
    HP: 24/24 Healing Surge: 6 (4/6)
    AC: 15 Fort 12, Ref 16, Will 17
    Passive Insight: 19 Passive Perception: 16
  • Crimson PhantomCrimson Phantom Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Bumpsies until boyce gets back :P

    Rolan Landrahil, Elf Orbizard
    HP: 24/24 Healing Surge: 6 (4/6)
    AC: 15 Fort 12, Ref 16, Will 17
    Passive Insight: 19 Passive Perception: 16
  • srboyceboatsrboyceboat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I am returned. I've got 10-hour work days this week due to some complications. RL game that I run is tomorrow night, so you'll get some posts from me tonight and possibly during the day tomorrow, but then not likely again until Saturday. More regular schedule should then resume.

    Rievakari & Clank:
    Biel seems to hesitate as Clank unfold in a whirlwind of prepared combat and raises a cautious hand to his partner, nervously muttering "Rik, maybe we ought to--" but before he can finishi his statement, the other watch officer steps in close to Clank, jamming his shock stick straight into the warforged before the automotan can bring his shield around, crackling sizzling energy across clank's body. As the lightning courses up and over the befuddled warforged, Rik brings his standard-issue long sword around in a vicious cut, but clank moves his attached shield in to block the secondary attack.

    Actions:
    Move: Shift to (G,7)
    Minor: Jam Shock Stick into Clank, 29 vs. Fortitude - Critical Hit! 6 Points of Lightning Damage. Special Condition Imposed: If Clank starts his turn in a space adjacent to W1 (Rik), he takes ongoing 2 lightning damage and is dazed. This effect ends if Clank does not start his turn adjacent to Rik or if Clank rolls a successful saving throw. (Blew that crit.)
    Standard: Longsword at Clank, 16 vs. AC - Miss
    Map:
    morgue.png

    Notes:
    • That's Cleg's office with the blood. Desk is difficult terrain.
    • The stairs lead down into the morgue proper.
    • The doors are at the south. You can try to get past the officers and book it, chance you'd escape them.

    Status:
    (W1) Rik - Init: 19 | HP = 100/100 | AC 20 | Fort 20 | Ref 18 | Will 15
    :arrow:Clank - Init:18 l HP= 46/52 l AC 22 l Fort 16 l Ref 15 l Will 16 [If Clank starts turn adjacent to Rik (W1), 2 lightning damage and is dazed. Save Ends Both, or if Clank does not start adjacent, effect ends]
    (W2) Biel - Init: 15 | HP = 100/100 | AC 20 | Fort 20 | Ref 18 | Will 15
    Rievakari - Init: 8 | HP = 43/43 | AC 19 | Fort 17 | Ref 13 | Will 19

    Up next: Clank!

    I'll resolve Vered/Mos and Dwight/Sterling tomorrow during work and when I get back. Rieva and Clank's combat will have to be on hold until I get back, unless someone's willing to accept the appointment of Lieutenant-ship and run the two watch officers so that can move merrily along.

    Ender:
    I'm really sorry it's taken so long to do this. This was originally meant to be a cool thing that would let you flex a lot of the criminal and entrepreneurial flair that makes Vered so neat, but it's gotten kind of drawn out, so rather than going with an extended mini skill challenge, I'm going to truncate it to a few skill checks on the assumption that Vered can lie and bluff the info out of Bemiin...that is unless you'd rather fight his lackeys again and beat it out of him. I'll base it on your responses to my next post for Vered.

    That way we can depose Mos Nasam from the story, get you linked back up with one of the other two crews (or the whole gang) and move forward.

    Again, guys, I'm super sorry about all the delay. The last thing I wanted was for us to get hip-deep into the first case and have me go all absentee, but we all know how life can get.

    Picture is Dave Dorman's (http://www.davedorman.com/)
  • hotranhotran Registered User
    edited August 2010

    EDIT

    Clank's body shudders, the blue sparks from Rik's attack dancing across his iron body.

    Started my turn in the same square, so 2 lightening damage AND I only get one action. Brutal =P.


    He swings his battle-axe down at Rik's exposed shoulder, cleaving a chunk of flesh from the watchmen. He immediately brings his shield forward, knocking the stunned man back towards the wall. A garbled shriek of electronic frustration echoes off the stone walls of the hallway as sparks continue to course through Clank's form.
    Tide of Iron: 1d20+4(Strength)+2(Half Level)+1(FighterWeaponTalent)+1(TerrorWeapon)+2(Proficiency) = 20

    Damage: 1d10+4(Strength)+1(Weapon Focus)+1(TerrorAxe)=7 Total whiff =(. Tide of Iron isn't clear on whether the shove has to be direct; if its cool with you, Boyce, I'm knocking him to H6.

    Saving Throw: 1d20+2(Living Construct)=2

    Light damage, and blew the saving throw. Hopefully Rieva's got better dice. DarkMatter, maybe running is in order?
    Status

    (W1) Rik - Init: 19 | HP = 93/100 | AC 20 | Fort 20 | Ref 18 | Will 15 <- Marked, Clank
    Clank - Init:18 l HP= 44/52 l AC 22 l Fort 16 l Ref 15 l Will 16 [If Clank starts turn adjacent to Rik (W1), 2 lightning damage and is dazed. Save Ends Both, or if Clank does not start adjacent, effect ends]
    (W2) Biel - Init: 15 | HP = 100/100 | AC 20 | Fort 20 | Ref 18 | Will 15
    Rievakari - Init: 8 | HP = 43/43 | AC 19 | Fort 17 | Ref 13 | Will 19

    Up Next: Biel!

    The Long Way Down: Clank, Warforged Fighter
  • srboyceboatsrboyceboat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    As a fair DM, Hotran, don't forget + HalfLevel...you totally hit that dude. Your strength bonus is +4, half level is +2, Terror Axe is + 1, Proficiency is + 2, Weapon Talent is + 1. That's 10, and 10+10= 20 vs. AC hits. You're swinging 1d20+10 for every attack, basically. He is still marked hit or miss, but roll that beautiful damage die and knock that fucker back.

    Picture is Dave Dorman's (http://www.davedorman.com/)
  • Dark080matterDark080matter Registered User
    edited August 2010
    Dropping a warning to you all that I'm leaving on a boating trip this evening and much of tomorrow. I'll check for my turn of combat tomorrow night.

    EDIT: Aaaaand I'm back. Ready!

    XBLA Tag: umbralAeronaut
  • srboyceboatsrboyceboat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I have untold self-loathing, gentlemen (and ladies? I don't believe so, but I wish not to be sexist), and I hope you accept my humblest apologies for the delays.

    However, things shall return apace beginning anon! (I think that's not accurate? I actually mean tomorrow but don't know how to form that in a way that sounds half as clever as anon.) I've written the world's longest post to break shit down fo' real for everyone and I'm going to pre-roll everything for the combat so I can just link to the shit in the future.

    Also, to save some trouble, if we all have MapTools, whenever we have a fight, I'll just post a link to the the *.cmpgn file and people can download it so that I don't have to keep saving out screenshots and slapping my FTP client into behaving so that I can upload new images. This will enable me to post from work and from my mobile devices, giving me the ability to do this thing the right away and keep everything moving along.

    So, again, my bad continually,and reparations due tomorrow. Have a good evening.

    Picture is Dave Dorman's (http://www.davedorman.com/)
  • hotranhotran Registered User
    edited August 2010
    No worries about the delays, and yay! for tomorrow's resumption. I don't have MapTools, but I'm all for it if its in any way accessible.

    The Long Way Down: Clank, Warforged Fighter
  • srboyceboatsrboyceboat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Dwight:
    As you run your fingers over the false panel, your keen instincts grant you information above and beyond what a normal housebreaker like Plurg or his gang might have gleaned. Information assaults you in a simple methodology, starting with what your inner ear tells you is an unnerving lack of solidarity in the floorboards around you. You bounce on your heels once, subtly, and feel the weight of the floor tap against something, your ears picking out the telling clink of pressure switches. Bounce once again, more carefully, you can narrow the source of the sound to four distinct locations, corresponding with precisely where the feet of the couch rested previously. It's actually a rather ingenious mechanism, you notice on reflection: the pegged feet of the sofa don't distribute weight across an area, but direct a quarter of the furniture's weight into each of the four switches you're able to find. The drag marks also become much more logically explained as you consider them in light of this new information: the opposing wall seems to have similar catches, meaning that disabling the trap, whatever it may have been, is as easy as sliding the couch, spinning it, and placing it appropriately against the western wall.

    Which you do, with Sterling's aid, very easily.

    The panel itself is not particularly well-sealed, and a simple wedge of your rapier and Sterling's longsword allows it to reveal its secrets to you, and secrets they most certainly are.

    In a small, recessed area behind the panel you see two things that are instantly alarming: a device, pulsing with arcane energy of some kind, and a small cloth bag that reeks of grinspore. The device is unusually in a variety of ways: the amount of ambient arcana it's divesting from itself should have alerted anyone, even those not trained in the investigation of the arcane, with raised hairs and a sense of unease, which doesn't hit you until the panel is free of its position. This leads you to another conclusion: the small, dark metaled nook is made of cold iron, an expensive substance that has particular potency when shielding or blocking the energies of certain magics, particularly fey magics.

    The second manner of oddity that makes itself apparent from the device is its shape and construction. It looks a bit like a gas lamp with a clockwork mechanism running around the outside that has slots for what look like beakers or vials, a several pieces of clear tubing that run aruond it and interconnect to various places, and a number of dials and switches. There's also an empty slot that seems to be designed to accept a dragonshard of some kind or some other powersource. The thing also stinks of brimstone or burnt hair in general. The magic pulsing from it doesn't seem dangerous in and of itself, not like it would explode at any moment or anything like that; it's just odd that it would be radiating power at all.
    Rievakari and Clank:
    Watching the warforged roar to life, Biel stows his complaints and charges past the ambassador, swinging his longsword a touch wildly as he does so and caroming off the construct's metallic hide.
    Actions:
    Move: Move to E7 [Provoke OA from Rievakari]
    Standard: Longsword at Clank, 15 + 2 (CA) vs. AC - Miss

    Locations:
    Rievakari: F9
    Clank: F7
    Biel: E7
    Rik: G7

    Status:
    (W1) Rik - Init: 19 | HP = 93/100 | AC 20 | Fort 20 | Ref 18 | Will 15 [Marked, Clank]
    :arrow:Clank - Init:18 l HP= 44/52 l AC 22 l Fort 16 l Ref 15 l Will 16 [If Clank starts turn adjacent to Rik (W1), 2 lightning damage and is dazed. Save Ends Both, or if Clank does not start adjacent, effect ends]
    (W2) Biel - Init: 15 | HP = 100/100 | AC 20 | Fort 20 | Ref 18 | Will 15
    Rievakari - Init: 8 | HP = 43/43 | AC 19 | Fort 17 | Ref 13 | Will 19[OA vs. Biel]

    Next up: Riekvakari! (Don't forget your OA)
    Vered and Mos Nasam:
    Mos's senses tell him easily that this place deals primarily in the sale and movement of arcane-empowered implements, but other powers have sway here as well. There may be some divine artifacts of some kind or another scattered throughout the warehouse and definite a trapped elemental spirit or two, which you know even in this strange country are incredibly illegal if not supervised or signed with permission.

    Vered, you know Bemiin well enough that you can tell he wants to get rid of you, as in get you out of his face, but he's fairly scared of you and your interest in his operation. The main thing you get the sense of is that your presence here is threatening to him enough as it is. His befuddlement at the receipt kind of confirms what you suspected: Bemiin didn't sell this stuff directly, but he definitely may have been responsible for supplying it to the merchant who did and definitely recognizes the handwriting. He's also terrified of Mos Nasam, who now seems like a direct threat to his person. Ulhaedr seems super unnerved by the intimidation of the creature, but you know she's got the bite to back up the bark of her equipment, and if it comes to swinging, she could take you apart in a fair, unarmed fight.

    But when is Mr. Kaboom ever unarmed?

    Still, you don't know how many goons Bemiin might have, but there's at least 10 you've seen so far, so odds are looking bad.

    Still, Bemiin seems to swallow nervously as it stares at Mos Nasam, then back down at the receipt. He smiles at you in a placatory gesture. "Mr. Kabooms has, as ever, made the correctness. The arsenics is a common sale items for the poisonings, rats or otherwise. Residuum was thrown in as a bonus to the last purchase...Trichromarcanite. Rare material crystal, as Mr. Kabooms would know, very useful for the cosntruction of magicals machinations that would otherwise be needings the dragonshards. Has the three colors of Chromatic Dragonscales, impued with the magics of three sources of powers, or can be. Bemiin acquired the trichromarcanite in a deal with the shifter...you know the one Bemiin is meaning. Bemiin has traded airship for trichromarcanite shard, but was worth loss, having now established Bemiin's usefulness to secret group. Group called "Consortium." Bemiin is not knowing who they are, but Bemiin has gathered that they are group designed to stop House Tarkanan - how is said? - extrotionism against middle and upper middle city merchants. Dangerous plans, Bemiin thinks, but as Mr. Kabooms knows, trouble for House Tarkanan means more business for entreprenuerials like Mr. Kabooms and Bemiin. Bemiin -"

    Before he can finish, a small gremlin bursts through the door behind you panting. "Bemiin! Listen, I came here first 'cause -- oh. You got guests."

    Bemiin scowls at the newcomer. "Plurgs. You are making the rudeness. This is Mr. Vered Kabooms Tavar, Bemiin's personal friend. You will wait for Bemiin below, and your excuses can be made then."

    (Some blocks are empty and will be edited over the course of the day.)

    Picture is Dave Dorman's (http://www.davedorman.com/)
  • Dark080matterDark080matter Registered User
    edited August 2010
    The hapless diplomatic impersonator's facade slipped a bit as one of the watchmen dashed carelessly past her; with a nearly invisible movement of one of her hands a shockingly nasty gash opened up wide in Biel's back. Rievakari flipped the bloody-edged card in her hand to reveal The Unspeakable Gaze, the face of which had an illegibly-warped pattern circling around a single wide-open bloodshot eye.

    She displayed the card to Rik with a viciously toothy full-face smile and before he knew it the security guard felt an incredible sense of vertigo, as though gravity in the room had twisted so that he was being sucked in towards the card. For reasons completely unfathomable to everyone else in the hallway, Rik's knees buckled and he backpedaled in an awkward skittering motion towards the wall Clank had smashed him into, grabbing at it as if searching for a stable hand-hold. Rievakari circled the inexplicably-confounded patrolman towards the doorway, all the while holding the card such that he could not break eye contact with it.

    "Your interference is not appreciated, Watchman."

    With a twist of her hand Rievakari produced a spread of cards and plucked free The Bountiful Famine, which depicted a "benevolent" red Sun grinning maniacally above a field of struggling, blackened grain. The confused watchman desperately hugging the wall erupted in a sheet of heat distortion as the air temperature in his corner of the hallway spiked to unbearable levels, and Rievakari glanced towards Clank with a disinterested shrug.

    "Their fortunes are tragically, boringly easy to read. I tire of the game already. Shall we?"
    I think that Rik should be in square H-6 after Clank's push?

    Opportunity Action - Opportunity Attack (melee basic) vs Biel's AC: 1d20+11 27 - Hit for 1d4+6 10 damage to W2.

    Minor Action - Evil Eye of the Vistani vs Rik's Will: 1d20+9 20. Rik may not willingly move towards Rieva and grants her combat advantage until the end of her next turn.

    Move action - Walk to square K-8.

    Standard action - Targeting origin square I-6, Blazing Starfall vs Rik's Reflex (+2 CA): 1d20+8+2 26 - Hits Rik for 1d4+10 11 radiant damage, and (until the end of Rieva's next turn) if he should leave square H-6 going north or northeast, he gets burned for 4 more fire damage. He can't go south or east because Rievakari is standing in that direction relative to him at the moment.


    :arrow:(W1) Rik - Init: 19 | HP = 82/100 | AC 20 | Fort 20 | Ref 18 | Will 15 [Marked, Clank] May not willingly approach Rievakari and grants her combat advantage (until EONT)
    Clank - Init:18 l HP= 44/52 l AC 22 l Fort 16 l Ref 15 l Will 16 [If Clank starts turn adjacent to Rik (W1), 2 lightning damage and is dazed. Save Ends Both, or if Clank does not start adjacent, effect ends]
    (W2) Biel - Init: 15 | HP = 90/100 | AC 20 | Fort 20 | Ref 18 | Will 15
    Rievakari - Init: 8 | HP = 43/43 | AC 19 | Fort 17 | Ref 13 | Will 19[OA vs. Biel][/COLOR]

    Next up: (W1) Rik! (don't forget your ring of fire and debilitating loss of equilibrium!)

    XBLA Tag: umbralAeronaut
  • Crimson PhantomCrimson Phantom Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Is there anyway to shield the power of the device, other than ripping out the nook? Can I slide out the nook and hold it like a box?

    Dwight looks around the panel and making sure there are no other traps, he gently takes out the device and looks it over. Stuffing all of the contents that were in the nook gently into a bag he shoulders everything and looks at Sterling. "Search the bodies then let's get out of here before there is any more trouble"
    Perception on the nook for more traps: 1d20+12 = 16, 1d20+12 = 23
    Passive Perception (Arcana): Not a lot of time so a quick glance, and a thorough looking over back at the office.
    Loot the bodies, want a perception check for that as well?

    Rolan Landrahil, Elf Orbizard
    HP: 24/24 Healing Surge: 6 (4/6)
    AC: 15 Fort 12, Ref 16, Will 17
    Passive Insight: 19 Passive Perception: 16
Sign In or Register to comment.