Options

IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY: the name that movie/song thread

2»

• Options
    TomeWyrmTomeWyrm A Limited Liability Partnership Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hirocon wrote: »
    For the past few weeks I had a short section of a musical score stuck in my head, and I couldn't place it. I finally figured out that it was the music from this scene:

Disney -Rescuers Down Under

Arrath, your movie sounds a lot like I movie I've been trying to figure out for years. I think I saw it in the early 90s. Definitely live action. There was a witch (it might have been a guy) sucking life force from a river and turning the river to mud or something. He/she was thwarted by a young kid and a group of 3 to 4 things that might have looked something like the robots from Mystery Science Theater 3000. There may have been a promotional tie-in with a candy company, getting the Mystery Science Theater robots to appear on bags of candy. I don't think it was Warriors of Virtue.

Also, there is a game I played years ago, I think on the NES. It involved navigating a speedboat through a jungle and going over waterfalls. It wasn't Cobra Triangle. I think you viewed the action from an angle so you could move in four directions and also jump. The river itself always was always drawn horizontally on the screen. Again, it wasn't Cobra Triangle.

I think you're thinking of The Last Halloween. A made for TV movie that had bad CGI aliens helping a couple of kids out. Candy was involved. Also skipping stones.

TomeWyrm on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm going to use this as an excuse to play through every ratchet and clank game again.

Just to be sure.

Langly on
  • Options
    HiroconHirocon Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    TomeWyrm wrote: »
    I think you're thinking of The Last Halloween. A made for TV movie that had bad CGI aliens helping a couple of kids out. Candy was involved. Also skipping stones.

THANK YOU

Hirocon on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Langly wrote: »
    I'm going to use this as an excuse to play through every ratchet and clank game again.

Just to be sure.

Just be sure to tell me if you find that theme song, okay?!

You have no idea how long this has been eating at me

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    #pipe wrote: »
    Terrendos wrote: »
    What's the name of that song they play during the Lexus commercials? All I can ever pull out of the lyrics is "4... 3... 2... 1..." which is surprisingly difficult to Google for good results.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyFe5m2MU9Q&feature=avmsc2

I've never seen the commercial but I spent ten seconds on google. Is this the one?

That's it, thanks!

I guess I Google'd the wrong things? I did variations of "lyrics four three two one" and got a bunch of unrelated songs.

Perhaps my Google-fu is merely weak.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

THANK YOU

It's just what I do.

TomeWyrm on
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    When I first heard that song, I did a search to the effect of "Lexus commercial song". It took a bit of effort to find it, so don't despair!

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    What was that movie with the guy from back to the future as a zombie or something and his grandson has to help him solve some kinda mystery...

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    now, there's this techno song I'm trying to think of

the main part goes "do do do do do do do do do do do do do" "do do do do do do do do do do do do do"

it's not Freezepop

context?

erm i mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXWk-aInsow&feature=related

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    if cantaloupe was mentioned then it was the simpsons
    No, you gotta try honeydew, that's the money melon.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Also, there is this one techno song that is pretty popular but i forgot anything about it except the line "We are [something something]"

• Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    #pipe wrote: »
    What's the name of that song they play during the Lexus commercials? All I can ever pull out of the lyrics is "4... 3... 2... 1..." which is surprisingly difficult to Google for good results.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyFe5m2MU9Q&feature=avmsc2

I've never seen the commercial but I spent ten seconds on google. Is this the one?

That's it, thanks!

I guess I Google'd the wrong things? I did variations of "lyrics four three two one" and got a bunch of unrelated songs.

Perhaps my Google-fu is merely weak.
    The more you know.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    AyulinAyulin Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Also, there is this one techno song that is pretty popular but i forgot anything about it except the line "We are [something something]"

The Prodigy - Invaders Must Die

?

Ayulin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    No, it's a little more trance a lot less prodigy.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    a little less "dee dee dee"

a little more "do do do"

and I think I heard a "narf!"

Bedlam on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Uriel wrote: »
    What was that movie with the guy from back to the future as a zombie or something and his grandson has to help him solve some kinda mystery...

When Good Ghouls Go Bad?

TomeWyrm on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Okay this is gonna be hard unless you guys know anything about Chinese music.

A few years ago I had this chinese friend, and she showed me this song. All I remember about the video is it had this guy playing the piano, and it was very sad and pretty long, and his girlfriend died at the end

It was a beautiful song, and I know it was a song and not an insurance commercial.

Any help?

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    No, it's a little more trance a lot less prodigy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zo1-XlazvY

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    Brodo FagginsBrodo Faggins Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

A few years ago I had this chinese friend, and she showed me this song. All I remember about the video is it had this guy playing the piano, and it was very sad and pretty long, and his girlfriend died at the end

It was a beautiful song, and I know it was a song and not an insurance commercial.

Any help?

This is like every other Chinese music video.

Brodo Faggins on
    9PZnq.png
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I found it it was Tonghua by Guang Liang!

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Samir Duran DuranSamir Duran Duran Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    now, there's this techno song I'm trying to think of

the main part goes "do do do do do do do do do do do do do" "do do do do do do do do do do do do do"

it's not Freezepop

Sandstorm duh.

Samir Duran Duran on
    Ani121OD.pngSpr_3e_121.gifAni121OD.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    This movie has the around the same style as The Hunchback of Notre Dame movie (animated of course). I saw it a while ago, could be as much as 8-10 years ago. I remember bits and pieces from the movie and hopefully that will help. Description:

The story happens Medieval times (or something along those lines) in a town. It starts off with a look at a past event. A jester (or a robber disguised as jester) is running from a mob. What the jester did, and this is probably revealed later in the movie, is that he stole a pouch of gold from a king or lord. Anyway, the jester and the mob stops on a bridge. The jester takes out an instrument that has a crank (I don't know if links to deviantart are allowed, but if they are, I believe the instrument looks like what the guy in this drawing is holding: http://zubby.deviantart.com/art/Zork-Organ-Grinder-131221038 ). Suddenly, the mob starts dancing uncontrollably. After that, something terrible happens (like the bridge breaks down or something) and both the mob and the jester die (I think we only see them plunging to their deaths, the king/lord was part of the mob too I think). Several years past and we come to the current timeline. I only remember parts of the movie after that. The main protagonist of the story is, I believe, a young man. Another important character is his father or grandfather (most likely the latter, he looked old) who is a clockmaker (really not sure about that one) or repairs something like that. One important thing about him is that he has this huge instrument or machine (I'm incline to think it's an organ, but I don't remember him playing on a keyboard of any sort, plus as you'll see, it has a huge crank). When he starts playing the instrument/machine, the ghost of the people who died on the bridge appear on the new bridge (at first, they're all identical as they are all wearing black cloaks). Later in the movie, the grandfather/father finds a huge crank on the instrument. I clearly remember him making a strenuous effort to turn the big crank (with both hands) at some point in the movie. When he plays it with the big crank, the ghosts on the bridge become even more real. You can distinguish each one of them dancing and singing. Also, at some point, the pouch of gold comes out of the instrument and the grandfather uses it to pay a tax collector or a debt of his. I think the guy that takes the money comes several times to him demanding the money in the movie.

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Uriel wrote: »

When Good Ghouls Go Bad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2YvHCHBOkQ

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Any help?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3Na7ZNoAcE

edit: oh you already found it
    whatever I still got skills

Franko on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Okay, here's something that has been driving me crazy for what feels like years

I've got this theme song in my head, and I've searched around for the source, but I can't find it and I can't remember if it was a part of a larger show or a video game or what

All I remember is that it goes

Commander Quark
    Commander Quark
    dun dun DUN DUN Commander Quark
    Commander Quark
    dun dun DUN DUN Commander Quark

I realize that musical tone is hard to communicate through text but someone has to have heard this shit before!
    it's Commander Cork
    it had one pilot on Cartoon Network, and it was a parody of sci-fi stuff
    he had a silly chimp and a rocket ship, and two kid sidekicks

Antimatter on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    and yes, that theme song has stayed in my head for years, too

Antimatter on
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Arrath wrote: »
    cartoon or live action?

Live action I'm fairly sure.
    These heroes weren't kangaroos per chance, were they?

Damned if I can remember. Don't think they were humans, at least.

Warriors of Virtue.

OH MY GOD.

THANK YOU.

I remember a few months ago AGONIZING over what this movie was. I never saw it. But I had a toy. My god, thank you so much. I am at peace now.

GreasyKidsStuff on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Rachel I love you.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    HiroconHirocon Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Also, there is a game I played years ago, I think on the NES. It involved navigating a speedboat through a jungle and going over waterfalls. It wasn't Cobra Triangle. I think you viewed the action from an angle so you could move in four directions and also jump. The river itself always was always drawn horizontally on the screen. Again, it wasn't Cobra Triangle.

I just stumbled upon the answer to this mystery by accident after YEARS of searching. The game was Town & Country II: Thrilla's Surfari. I could never find it because I was searching for an NES game involving a boat, but the levels I was thinking of actually involved surfing.

Hirocon on
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    To I.H.N.I.W.T.R.

If you go down to a post by CartoonFan on this link

http://www.psychfic.com/community/showthread.php?t=2450

I think that is what you were looking for?

Retaba on