As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Insert foot into mouth and then talk - Awkward Times

• RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Blake T wrote: »
    He was in grace?

pretending it didn't happen won;t make it so, blake

yes he was and you know it

Raneados on
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Grace is a horrible slut.

ChicoBlue on
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    didn't we literally just have an awkward thread

Beasteh on
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Beasteh wrote: »
    didn't we literally just have an awkward thread

this post has been made a few times italics awkward remove italics

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yes, I birthed it.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Now I want to make it clear that no matter how, apparently, awful a human being I appear to be I am an outstanding citizen.

ladykillers_trailer.jpg

I'm sort of like him.

Zonugal on
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Now I want to make it clear that no matter how, apparently, awful a human being I appear to be I am an outstanding citizen.

ladykillers_trailer.jpg

I'm sort of like him.

it's not that big

L|ama on
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You're sort of like tripod.com?

Hacksaw on
  • FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I pronounce it tri-pod, but could there be someone out there pronouncing it trip-od

we'll never know....

Franko on
  • B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    No I am pretty sure that it is tri-pod and anybody that pronounces it trip-od is a goose.

B.C. on
    Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
    edited August 2010
    I guess it runs in the family.

I once learned from my mother that my brother went to home coming with a blind girl. My mom was so proud and told me how much she respected my brother because of it.

A couple years later I learned from one of my brother's friends that he went with the blind girl because it would make him look better to all the girls at the school, make him look better than all the guys at the school and the blind girl put out.

Good blood runs in my family.

Zonugal on
  • jirf88jirf88 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    There was this one time at work (of all places) when I was telling a manager the bad news about his printer. It was broken, and it had run out of warranty. This guy usually makes really obscene jokes and is generally cool so I described the situation as "We only had a 1 year warranty on these. We kinda jewed out in that respect"

As it turns out, he is Jewish, as is his entire family, his wife, and her family.

Oops.

jirf88 on
    WOAAWW WADADA DADADA DAHH DAHH WADADADAWWW DADADAWW DAWW DADADAAA BADADA DADA DA DAAA BADALADA DAWW DADA BAD DA DA BAD DA DA - NOOOO MOOOREEE!
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    jirf88 wrote: »
    There was this one time at work (of all places) when I was telling a manager the bad news about his printer. It was broken, and it had run out of warranty. This guy usually makes really obscene jokes and is generally cool so I described the situation as "We only had a 1 year warranty on these. We kinda jewed out in that respect"

As it turns out, he is Jewish, as is his entire family, his wife, and her family.

Oops.

Did you describe how you were going to burn the printer because it was inferior?

Hunter on
  • jirf88jirf88 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    No. I made a nice follow up by explaining that its reason for breaking down was the realization that they crucified their lord over 2000 years ago.*

*May not have actually happened.

jirf88 on
    WOAAWW WADADA DADADA DAHH DAHH WADADADAWWW DADADAWW DAWW DADADAAA BADADA DADA DA DAAA BADALADA DAWW DADA BAD DA DA BAD DA DA - NOOOO MOOOREEE!
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    This wasn't a verbal moment of awkwardness, but awkward enough - right now I'm in the U.S. on vacation with my mother's side of the family, and last night I finally took a break from family partying to forum and talk to friends on gchat. Which was totally fine except I have an eight-year-old cousin who, you know, wants to be doing whatever the big cousins are doing. So she wandered over and perched behind my chair to watch me type, just in time for the word "clusterfuck" to pop up on the screen, and sure enough, she pointed directly to it. "What does that word mean?"

Well Rachel, it's a kind of insect whose Latin name translates as 'Your cousin Salient is going to be in huge trouble with your dad.'

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah uh

sorry about that

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hunter wrote: »

Oops.

Did you describe how you were going to burn the printer because it was inferior?

We used to have a german programmer working with us. One time we were in a meeting figuring out how to work out the logging in all the systems and he said, "Jah, we just need to figure out the final solution to this logging problem."

We've never let him forget that one.

Kakodaimonos on
  • YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I am super bad at remembering names. I need to be told maybe four or five times before I ever remember anyone's name.
    So, I dated a girl in high school for two weeks. We ended up hooking up the day we met. The problem was that we had no mutual friends, she had no driver's license, and she FOR SOME REASON assumed I had learned her name.
    Two whole weeks of calling this girl "baby" and "honey" and shit before she finally realized I had no idea what her name was. That got weird. The best part was that she only realized it because I had been going around telling everyone I knew about this and it somehow got back to her (god knows how)

Double happy ending:
    Some kid came up to me like a week after this, said he had heard this story and thought it was awesome, and we became pretty good friends!

Also this girl became a stripper at the world's shittiest strip joint and that's just funny to me.

YoSoyTheWalrus on
    tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hunter wrote: »

Oops.

Could've been worse.

"Oh, is that an Epson? Y'know, the company was originally called Epstein. Their ink cartridges are actually filled with the blood of Christian babies. Don't even bother calling customer service; you're just gonna get one of those big clay guys that doesn't speak a word of English."

Aneurhythmia on
  • MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    This thread is like all of freshman year in high school for me. Was home schooled in 7th-8th grade, had no friends. Everything I said and did was awkward.

Everyday is a struggle.

MereHappenstance on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

Oops.

one of my high school history teachers (who is from england) got angry and lectured our class when somebody used the word "gypped"

best not to use words like that, even if you consider them jokes

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited August 2010
    thorgot wrote: »

Oops.

one of my high school history teachers (who is from england) got angry and lectured our class when somebody used the word "gypped"

I never knew where that word came from until I used it in front of a friend and she got butthurt at me saying it was derogatory towards gypsies.

themoreyouknow.jpg

MereHappenstance on
    edited August 2010
    During the winter of my sophomore year I was back home eating dinner with the family when I was asked how my job was going. I told them that people hated & feared me so much that when I walked around the building they would run to their rooms and shut the door. I also mentioned how they vandalized my door almost every three days and that my reputation for being such an intense hard-ass had made its way all around campus.

My dad looked at me and told me he was proud of me.

This is the only time my father has ever said those words to me.

Zonugal on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    thorgot wrote: »

Oops.

I never knew where that word came from until I used it in front of a friend and she got butthurt at me saying it was derogatory towards gypsies.

themoreyouknow.jpg

i had a girl FREAK out on me for using the word "hysterical"

apparently it's connected with beating women?

Raneados on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    yup

Orikaeshigitae on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    my goodness
    hysterical
    1610s, from L. hystericus "of the womb," from Gk. hysterikos "of the womb, suffering in the womb," from hystera "womb" (see uterus). Originally defined as a neurotic condition peculiar to women and thought to be caused by a dysfunction of the uterus. Meaning "very funny" (by 1939) is from the notion of uncontrollable fits of laughter. Related: Hysterically.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • mullymully Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Blake T wrote: »
    Bombs was just shooting for a threesome Mully.

i think i mis-phrased - bombs didn't say the seaplane thing, his friend did - bombs wouldn't make that kind of mistake, he's hella smooth

that hella is dedicated to larlar, whereever he is

mully on
    edited August 2010
    i told her to go fuck herself and that word meanings change and she should learn not to have a sandy vagina

nobody tells raneados what words to say

Raneados on
    edited August 2010
    You tell it Raneados! You tell is proudly!!!

Zonugal on
    edited August 2010
    that one hasn't really changed, though

Orikaeshigitae on
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2010
    yeah, it really has

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2010
    I mean

It no longer means "women acting ridiculous because they got cunt problems"

it just means crazy or hilarious

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
    edited August 2010
    it can mean "funny" now

and not solely "going crazy from excitement"

it hasn't changed as such, but it doesn't always mean what it used to, it can mean other things, and getting mad at people for using it just because it used to be a little sexist is superiority-complex pompous silly goosery

like the people that complain about that "rule of thumb" shit
    and THAT'S not even true!

Raneados on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    that one hasn't really changed, though
    Are you retarded, son?

Thanatos on
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, when the girl got on my case, I was like "Wait gypsies are real?!"

MereHappenstance on
    edited August 2010
    i didn't even know gypsies were a "people"

like a whole ethnic group

I just thought it was a lifestyle class thing when i was a kid

Raneados on
    edited August 2010
    i dunno. hysterical literally means 'acting like a woman'. yeah, people have used it for other reasons, but it troubles me anyway

it's not like we don't use hyster* to refer to wombs anymore, either. it's not something i would call someone out on but i understand people who do

Orikaeshigitae on
    edited August 2010
    It's an old word for hobo's I believe.

MereHappenstance on
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, when the girl got on my case, I was like "Wait gypsies are real?!"

Followed by, "Who cares? They're gypsies. If they wanted equal treatment, maybe they shouldn't have stolen people's children."

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
    edited August 2010
    orik you are a silly goose

Raneados on
This discussion has been closed.