As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

dbag [chat]

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    My cat never sleeps in my bed. She might jump up for some cuddling when I'm reading in bed, but then she's off again.

yeah, this is my cat.

And she never wants too much attention

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    I want Marvel vs. Blazblue so I can play Makoto vs. Doctor Doom

"Confound these wretched rodents! For every one I fling away, a dozen more vex me!"

Ahahaha. <3

desc on
  • StarcrossStarcross Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    My cat never sleeps in my bed. She might jump up for some cuddling when I'm reading in bed, but then she's off again.

My cat has no concept of personal space. If I am lying down, she will try to snuggle up and go to sleep on my neck.

Starcross on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Starcross wrote: »

My cat has no concept of personal space. If I am lying down, she will try to snuggle up and go to sleep on my neck.

awwww!

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2010
    my favorite pets (historically) have been the ones who want to sleep with me and be on my lap or curled at my feet, or licking my face

i don't really like aloof pets, even if people think that gives them 'personality'. i like pets for their adorable companionship which i like to not be tendered from across the house

Organichu on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    Hey Feral, you'll like this.

http://getaro.com/

I don't get it.

It's a scam. I thought you'd appreciate it.

JustinSane07 on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    My cat sleeps next to me every night.

She used to sleep on my back when I slept on my stomach.

Sarksus on
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm seriously beginning to wonder why Dr. Doom and Magneto haven't teamed up yet.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited August 2010
    She likes to lie right in front of the keyboard when I'm at the computer, though. Preferably over one arm.

Echo on
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm seriously beginning to wonder why Dr. Doom and Magneto haven't teamed up yet.

Isn't Doctor Doom covered in metal? Seems risky.

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
    edited August 2010

Too much ego to share a mere 30 pages or so?

desc on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    my favorite pets (historically) have been the ones who want to sleep with me and be on my lap or curled at my feet, or licking my face

i don't really like aloof pets, even if people think that gives them 'personality'. i like pets for their adorable companionship which i like to not be tendered from across the house

yeah my dog is kinda a dick like this

but sometimes he is cute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NsmDTELMdY

skippydumptruck on
    edited August 2010

It's not that it gives her "personality" it's that it is her personality

or felinality

or whatevs

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

This also happens to be my attitude towards people.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Different agendas, different enemies and way too much ego.

Thomamelas on
    edited August 2010
    Elldren wrote: »

or felinality

or whatevs

i get that, but i don't really find any companionship in a creature that is aloof to me- just like i wouldn't particularly value a roommate who inclined his head politely when we passed, and nothing more

Organichu on
    edited August 2010
    Also not to go all kanye, but Dr. Doom doesn't care about mutant people.

desc on
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    desc wrote: »

That's why it would be a good team up.

Magneto could have the mutants and half the world + asteroid M, and Doom could take the rest of the world and the moon.

Also, Doom's metal is magical now, so Magneto can't control it.

amateurhour on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Magneto could have the mutants and half the world + asteroid M, and Doom could take the rest of the world and the moon.

But then Doom would only have half of the world. Which wouldn't be enough.

Thomamelas on
    edited August 2010

He escaped from Hell or something, right?

Echo on
    edited August 2010

He escaped from Hell or something, right?

Yes. I think it's when he went after Thor's hammer.

amateurhour on
    edited August 2010
    god, george rr martin's writing is really fucking dark

Organichu on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

yeah my dog is kinda a dick like this

but sometimes he is cute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NsmDTELMdY

My shepard did this, and she loved playing fetch. She just liked being a dick about giving it back too. So I ended up tricking her by pointing in another direction and she'd look and drop the ball.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited August 2010
    and like, almost no one is a caricature. maybe like... 2 or 3 main characters are irredeemably good/brave or evil/craven. damn you for making me disdain my protags and empathize with my villains, DAAAAMN YOU OLD MAN

Organichu on
    edited August 2010
    Hahaha, Doctor Doom has magical armor after he invaded Hell to get Thor's hammer.

it's like Marvel isn't even trying anymore.

Feral on

edited August 2010
    :dreams of being Makoto:

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

they have sometimes, but Doom tends to take issue with Magneto's mutant supremacy, spoiling any long-term alliance

that said they both team up to kick Red Skull's ass whenever it comes up because they're both like fuck Nazis, man.

Magneto is a Jewish Holocaust survivor and Doom is a gypsy who had family that died in the Holocaust

so they're both like "fuck Nazis"

especially Magneto:
    cap367trapped-1.jpg

as a general rule it is unwise to tout your Nazi status around an amoral jew with superpowers

Pony on
    edited August 2010

Man loves rape.

He's at least better then Pratchetts forgetful writing...

Too soon?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited August 2010
    Hahaha, Doctor Doom has magical armor after he invaded Hell to get Thor's hammer.

it's like Marvel isn't even trying anymore.

It's a Dungeons & Mutants adventure!

Echo on
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

Man loves rape.

Too soon?

He's not even fully dead yet!

Chanus on
    edited August 2010
    Chanus wrote: »

Man loves rape.

Too soon?

Well he doesn't know that.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited August 2010

nooooo manhands

Organichu on
    edited August 2010
    Chanus wrote: »

Man loves rape.

Too soon?

Well he doesn't know that.

Touché

Chanus on
    edited August 2010

Man loves rape.

Too soon?

But Robert Jordan is releasing more books than GRRM, and he's fucking dead.

Echo on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    and like, almost no one is a caricature. maybe like... 2 or 3 main characters are irredeemably good/brave or evil/craven. damn you for making me disdain my protags and empathize with my villains, DAAAAMN YOU OLD MAN

yeah in terms of being three dimensional and the characters behaving like real people i think the cast of A Song of Ice and Fire is like the best in fantasy

Pony on
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Reading George RR Martin always makes me hungry. I went out for birthday dinner with my parents last weekend at a fancy resturant.

I got the Lamb Shank cause it made me thing of his books and then I got hungry.

Burtletoy on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

yeah there is a reason why those books make nerdgasms

skippydumptruck on
    edited August 2010

nooooo manhands

the better to rip your balls off my dear

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

or felinality

or whatevs

i get that, but i don't really find any companionship in a creature that is aloof to me- just like i wouldn't particularly value a roommate who inclined his head politely when we passed, and nothing more

Ok but if you're looking for a roomate that will sleep with you, be on your lap, curl up at your feet or lick you're face I sumbit that you are weird, good sir.

Or Feral.

HappylilElf on
    edited August 2010
    :winky:

Feral on

This discussion has been closed.