image courtesy of #pipe who is awesome
======= IMPORTANT STUFF
FOLLOW AUSPAX2011 ON TWITTER
FOR ALL UPDATES!
If you've confirmed your attendance, you are required to pay a minimum AU$100 deposit per bed
Failure to pay by 30 September 2010 means your spot frees up!
Check your E-mail for more details.
Please fill in the Accommodation Survey
(found in the Info Sheet that you should've gotten via E-mail) as soon as possible!
I know we're not close to the 30 September deadline yet but the sooner you fill it in, the better off my sanity will be!
Got questions? Read the AusPAX FAQs
The instant you know you are 100%
coming to AusPAX, please let us know by PMing me your E-mail address! You should also know how many nights you want to stay (up to a maximum of 8
- CURRENT CONFIRMATIONS OF ATTENDANCE
The Black Hunter
chrishallett83's better half
*own accom sorted
======= LATEST DEVELOPMENTS
Heaps of information is now available regarding the finer details of the trip! Please make sure you've read the Info Sheet (sent via E-mail) completely and filled in all surveys on time. If you have any additional questions on top of the Info Sheet, please refer to the AusPAX FAQs
15 JANUARY to 23 JANUARY 2011
ALL ATTENDEES HAVE THE OPTION OF ARRIVING AND DEPARTING ON ANY DAYS WITHIN THIS TIMEFRAME, but the longer you stay, the cheaper prices become for everyone!
Accessible from Queensland, Byron Bay marks the easternmost point of Australia and features some absolutely gorgeous beaches! You can fly into Brisbane or Gold Coast and there are heaps of buses and trains that will get you out to Byron Bay. Please contact #pipe
via PM or in the thread if you need more information.
We recommend the idea of groups of out-of-towners split car rental cost and carpool to the final destination. For those driving from Brisbane or Gold Coast, we would suggest they time their departure alongside the possibility of picking some out-of-towners up at the airport on their way. Hashpipe has provided a good summary of transportation options to Byron Bay here
Accommodation within our target range of $250 to $450
per person for the whole trip has been found. More details about money transfer and deposit contributions will be made directly via PM and E-mail.
- EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(spoilered for length)
- FROM AUSTRALIA -
The Black Hunter
- FROM NEW ZEALAND -
- FROM NORTH AMERICA -
Bendery Like Beckham
- FROM EUROPE -
That Dave Fella
- FROM ASIA -
*Names in green are people involved in organising the trip.*
If you are interested in helping us out, even if it's just helping Google things like prices or accommodation options, please PM me.
As for the CityPAXes
, you know how this works by now.
: Vivixenne, Blaket, Butler, Waka Laka, Kincaid, Dublo7, chrishallettbunchanumbers, BigKev, noobert, AJR, flynnie, Dhalphir, desperaterobots, PixelMonkey, Tallweirdo, Tef
: Oden, Air, Tweaked_Bat_, bsjezz, Prohass, Gatsby, Ambassador, TrueHereticX, TheSquid, Flay
: Synthetic Orange, stimtokolos, Cyvros, YaYa, grug, ruzkin, Mr Fuzzbutt, Hitsuraptor, LaCabra, The Boy Satellite, Unlucky
: #pipe, The Cat, Flyingman
: The Black Hunter
OTHER NEAT PEOPLE IN AUSTRALIA
- Glorfindel (Gold Coast)
- marty_0001 (I don't know where he lives he is being sneaky about this)
- bezerk bob (Toowoomba)
- Vivixenne (because I've got some Australian in me every so often)
- Jordyn (because Butler said so and I can't deny Butler anything)
- Cardboard Tube (because he grew up in QLD and lives in the UK but WANTS to be in the US what the hell)
- Larlar (because he can edit other people's posts)
- Bogey (because I am a suck-up and also because Bogey waited before locking the old thread)
- Wimble (because he is the adorablest)
- Pillow (because she is a BITCH but not really)
KNOWN [strike]SHEEPFUCKERS[/strike] NEW ZEALANDERS
- Fishman (Wellington)
- Shifty Fister (Auckland)
- L|ama (Dunedin)
- Generic Fan (Wellington)
- Fletcher (Dunedin)
Check this post frequently for updates on events and other things Australian! Feel free to join us if you'll be available!
(I will find the links to the pictures at my leisure unless you want to help me)
- VIV'S ASIAN HQ MEET-UP - PERTH - Pictures by Butler
- WAKA LAKA'S BBQ OF MANY LIES BUT THAT IS NOW TOTALLY GOING TO HAPPEN - PERTH - Pictures by Waka Laka
- KINCAID'S 1907 BINGE - PERTH - Pictures by Kincaid
- BUTLER'S GREAT ADVENTURE - PERTH - Pictures by Kincaid
- SANDGROPERS MOVIE NIGHT I - PERTH - April 30th, Thursday - X-Men Origins: Wolverine
- DOING POOP WITH SYNTHETIC ORANGE - MELBOURNE - June 7th, Sunday
- SYDNEY MEETUP - SYDNEY - June 20th, Saturday - Also known as "HandsomePAX"
- NERD MOVIE MARATHON - PERTH - June 20th, Saturday
- BLIVIENNE'S SUPER CASUAL HOUSEWARMING GAME DAY - PERTH - August 29th, Saturday
- GRUG'S SUPER AWESOME MELBOURNE MEET - MELBOURNE - August 22nd, Saturday
- TWEAKED BAT'S IMPROMPTU BREWSKIE NIGHT - SYDNEY - August 22nd, Saturday
- SANDGROPERS MOVIE NIGHT II - PERTH - Up
- HYDE PARK NOODLE EXTRAVAGANZA aka HandsomePAX II - SYDNEY - October 16th
- BUTLER'S PANCAKEPAX - PERTH - November 21st, Saturday
- BEACHES AND BITCHES - PERTH - November 28th, Saturday
- NUMBERS' DRUNKPAX - PERTH - December 12th, Saturday
- A NOT-SO-MANLY BEACH BOOMBOX BBQ - SYDNEY - January 16th, Saturday
- BLUNTERPAX - MELBOURNE - January