As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New Pokémon Revealed! Thread requires Max Revive

• RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    RockinX wrote: »
    DARKRAI?? Really? Are you sure? Is it just in a dlc mission??

I think it may be, but I'm not sure since I don't have any plans to get that game.

I don't think you're right. I think there's a Shaymin but no Darkrai.

Further researched proved that you're right. Darkrai isn't available in Ranger 3.

RockinX on
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    ffffffffffffffffffffffff

Magic Pink on
  • FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, sorry but Darkrai was in Shadows of Almia (Ranger 2). And sadly, none of those missions can be downloaded anymore.

The ones in Guardian Signs are Manaphy (Egg), Shaymin, and Heatran w/ Eruption. You can also download (via Wi-Fi on Ranger Net) a special local wireless mission to get Deoxys. However, you must have at least another player to do this local wireless mission. There's certain obstacles that require a second player to step on a switch to progress through the mission. But yeah, depending on how fast you finish, you get a different Forme of Deoxys. Not a big deal since you can just change its Forme in the core games anyway.

I hear they may disconnect the missions at the end of January, so if you plan on getting this game, your window to get all the DLC missions is closing fast.

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
    edited December 2010
    This just in...

GameStop's distributing the shiny legendary dogs before the Cartoon Network broadcast of the Zoroark movie in February. Details:

Raikou (has ExtremeSpeed and Weather Ball) - 1/3 ~ 1/9
    Entei (has ExtremeSpeed and Flare Blitz) - 1/17 ~ 1/23
    Suicune (has ExtremeSpeed and Sheer Cold) - 1/31 ~ 2/6

You can receive all three through Mystery Gift for all Gen IV DS games (Pearl, Diamond, Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver Versions). Transfer them (only via HeartGold/SoulSilver) to Black/White to unlock Zoroark (it's the only way to trigger that event in game).

So yeah, I'm gettin' 'em for all my games. [strike]Five[/strike] six sets of shiny legendary dogs (I have two copies of Pearl for such things)... Awwww yeeeeeah!

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That's cool and all but where the fuck is Celebi?!

That Raikou is going to be fuckawesome though, Thunder/Weather Ball Raikou on a Rain Dance team.

Maddoc on
    97H9G7S.png PSN - Masked Unit | FFXIV - Laitarne Gilgamesh
    edited December 2010
    Hey, was Shaymin ever released to the US? I don't remember if I have it or not.

Magic Pink on
    edited December 2010
    I already have them because I downloaded the Japanese wondercards and RNG abused them, but I wouldn't mind having pokés coming from legitimate wondercards, so I'll have someone from Smogon RNG one of those for me.

RockinX on
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yea, Shaymin was part of a TRU promo several months ago.

I enjoyed getting him legitimately. :D

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
    edited December 2010
    I guess he was a Wonder Gift too. Oak's Letter or somesuch which I have in my inventory. Now I just need a legit US Darkrai.

Magic Pink on
    edited December 2010
    I guess he was a Wonder Gift too. Oak's Letter or somesuch which I have in my inventory. Now I just need a legit US Darkrai.

PM me your friend code...as I may have an extra Darkrai I could give you. I ended up getting one at a TRU promo and another one through Pokemon Ranger 2.

If you have one, I am needing a Spiritomb and would love to trade.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    edited December 2010
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

PM me your friend code...as I may have an extra Darkrai I could give you. I ended up getting one at a TRU promo and another one through Pokemon Ranger 2.

I DO have an extra Spritomb! I'll send you the code when I find it.

Magic Pink on
    edited December 2010
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

I DO have an extra Spritomb! I'll send you the code when I find it.

Awesome, I'll PM you later tonight so maybe we can come up with a time to trade.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    edited December 2010
    Ferquin wrote: »

So yeah, I'm gettin' 'em for all my games. [strike]Five[/strike] six sets of shiny legendary dogs (I have two copies of Pearl for such things)... Awwww yeeeeeah!

FYI, shiny pokémon from Wondercards have a set nature. Entei can only be adamant, Raikou can only be rash and Suicune can only be relaxed. RNGing for Wondercards is easy on HGSS because in Cerulean's pokemart there are no moving NPCs, which means you can advance the frames easily.

RockinX on
    edited December 2010
    RockinX wrote:
    FYI, shiny pokémon from Wondercards have a set nature. Entei can only be adamant, Raikou can only be rash and Suicune can only be relaxed. RNGing for Wondercards is easy on HGSS because in Cerulean's pokemart there are no moving NPCs, which means you can advance the frames easily.
    I'm aware of the fixed natures for shinies. *sigh* That's the drawback with distributed shinies. I wish there was a better chance for an always-shiny Pokémon in all games like the red Gyarados.
    Magic Pink wrote:
    I guess he was a Wonder Gift too. Oak's Letter or somesuch which I have in my inventory.
    Wait, if you have Oak's Letter (the only one they did a legit distribution for was for Platinum), then you should be able to catch a wild Shaymin. That's better than getting a distributed one. You can name it and everything. Did you not catch yours yet?

Incidentally, I still haven't gotten mine in Platinum yet either. Darkrai too. Getting the distributed ones kinda killed my motivation since I already got really good ones. I'll go after 'em someday though.

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
    edited December 2010
    Magic Pink wrote:
    I guess he was a Wonder Gift too. Oak's Letter or somesuch which I have in my inventory.
    Wait, if you have Oak's Letter (the only one they did a legit distribution for was for Platinum), then you should be able to catch a wild Shaymin. That's better than getting a distributed one. You can name it and everything. Did you not catch yours yet?

No, I'm not even half way through the game.

Magic Pink on
    edited December 2010
    Well, I suppose if you want a wild Shaymin, that's motivation to finish it, right?

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
    edited December 2010
    Well, I suppose if you want a wild Shaymin, that's motivation to finish it, right?

Not really. I think Shaymin is pretty lame. I'm just satisfied knowing I have the potential to get one.

Magic Pink on
    edited December 2010
    I guess we're in the same boat. I've never really used Shaymin in battle. As a collector, I just like simply having one. The potential to have one is good too.

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
    edited December 2010
    Shaymin's land form is cute, and I like using it. Though it's not the most useful poké ever.

RockinX on
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    RockinX wrote: »
    Shaymin's land form is cute, and I like using it. Though it's not the most useful poké ever.

Whereas Skymin looks like a shitty Sonic friend and is one of the best Pokémon in the game.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
    edited December 2010
    He/she was pretty adorable in Explorers of Sky.

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Goddamnit. I hate these friggin' place-exclusive mystery gifts. Also, limited time only DLC. So this kind of sucks on two levels.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Rash still isn't a terrible nature for Raikou

You chould Choice Scarf him or something and still get some good use out of him with Thunder/Weather Ball/Shadow Ball and something else. I guess maybe Signal Beam or Hidden Power.

Maddoc on
    edited December 2010
    Hidden Power Ice + Aura Sphere + Thunderbolt + Weather Ball under rain or sun = awesome coverage.

I caught an RNG-abused Onix in a Fast Ball, but I just noticed it has Rock Head instead of Sturdy. Now it's driving me crazy because it might just survive any attack just once in gen 5. Although with Spikes and Stealth Rock it's probably a null point. Should I just catch another one? It's been a while since I RNGed in my retail cart and I'd need to get used to it again before doing it again (I caught this one a while ago).

RockinX on
    edited December 2010
    Aura Sphere! I knew I was forgetting something.

Maddoc on
  • SigbackSigback Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to accommodate a couple trades to evolve my Haunter and Graveler on my Gold file. Thanks for any help.

Sigback on
    Pokemon PT FC: 4898 2638 1252

Pokemon HG FC: 5328 7854 9207
  • ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ahaha, Smogoners are having pretty heated discussions whether to ban Inconsistent or not.

Bibarel for president!

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
    edited December 2010
    Chen wrote: »
    Ahaha, Smogoners are having pretty heated discussions whether to ban Inconsistent or not.

Bibarel for president!

Maybe if it was a six stage boost.

What I can't wait for are the ridiculous double/triple battles that are going to happen when stat boosters get simple beamed.

Shit is going to get REAL.

Xenogears of Bore on
    edited December 2010
    Pansear is a fantastic name.

Xenogears of Bore on
    edited December 2010
    So hey, I'm going to be giving away some pokés for Christmas. It's better to do it after Christmas because everyone is often busy visiting relatives and opening presents and the like.

Feel free to choose one from the following:

Female Shellder - シェルダー
    Adamant / Skill Link
    31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 29 / 31
    Rock Blast

Satoshi (Ash)'s Pikachu - サトシのピカチュウ
    Naughty, inside a Cherish Ball
    6 / 31 / 2 / 31 / 11 / 31
    HP Ice 70
    Volt Tackle, Iron Tail, Quick Attack, Thunderbolt

Mewtwo - ミュウツー (Myuutsuu, its default Japanese name)
    Adamant, in an Ultra Ball
    31 / 31 / 31 / 10 / 29 / 31
    Self-Destruct (XD tutor move), Psychic, Disable and Swift

Male Squirte
    Modest
    Water Spout (HGSS egg move)
    31 / 3 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 31 (HP electric 70)

Female Qwilfish
    Jolly - Poison Point
    Swords Dance (FRLGE-exclusive Move Tutor), Haze (Egg Move)
    31 / 31 / 31 / 0 / 31 / 31
    Date: Pal Parked on 1-18-2010. Comes at level 5 untrained.

Male Scizor - ハッサム (Hassamu, its default Japanese name)
    Adamant - Swarm, in a Cherish Ball
    31 / 31 / 31 / 25 / 31 / 31

Male Aron
    Adamant - Rock Head
    Head Smash (HGSS Egg move)
    30 / 31 / 25 / X / 31 / 28

Jirachi
    Adamant in a Cherish Ball
    30/31/30/31/31/31

Oh, BTW, Ink, I uploaded our battle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D2-TRnHmmY

RockinX on
  • Buster BladeBuster Blade Katy, TxRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hey can i get ash's pikachu. I don't think i will go by toys r us parking lot and look creepy trying to get a signal for their giveaway.

Buster Blade on
    Steam: Buster Blade
    Xbox: CDN_Buster
    3DS: 4957-3435-6477
    edited December 2010
    Sure, want to pick it up now?

RockinX on
    edited December 2010
    damn sorry didn't think you would be lurking on the forums so soon lets agreed on a time. I am good on any time in the next few days.

Also if no one else responds in the next week i will gladly take Squirtle and Scizor

Buster Blade on
    edited December 2010
    I'll be available tonight.

RockinX on
    edited December 2010
    I don't have HG/SS unfortunately so I'd really like Squirtle. Water Spout is such a rad move on something not named Wailord.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
    edited December 2010
    i am on right now and will be for 30 minutes to an hour in wfc . my friend code is 4727 2309 3122

well now i cant setup my wifi for wep. i will let you know when i finally get online.

Buster Blade on
    edited December 2010
    Oh, sorry, I hadn't finished my work by the time you posted, Buster Blade. Shoot me a PM when you're ready. Want to trade now, Chen?

RockinX on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'd love the scizor, but I don't know if the relative house I'm staying at for the next few days has wifi that works with the DS.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2010
    Well, you could try and see if you can connect.

RockinX on
    edited December 2010
    I'm online.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
This discussion has been closed.