As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Help finding a picture

Nakatomi2010Nakatomi2010 Registered User regular
edited August 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey, I'm trying to find a picture for a project my wife and I are working on, but it appears to be harder to find than I'd thought.

We're doing a dinosaur themed birthday party and we're making these shirts for people, and I thought it'd be fun to have a "Growth of dinosaur" style picture on the front going from Egg to full grown. Similar to:

http://cockingasnook.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/evolution_080103_ms.jpg

The classic evolution picture, except showing a Dinosaur's age progression from being in an egg, to coming out.

I figured in today's internet age it wouldn't be hard to find, but here I am, hoping someone happens to have that very image book marked or something.

Thanks

Check out me building my HTPC (NSF56K) (Updated 1-10-08)
Movie Collection
Foody Things
Holy shit! Sony's new techno toy!
Wii Friend code: 1445 3205 3057 5295
Nakatomi2010 on

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I would guess it's tough to find because we don't really know what baby dinosaurs lookd like with any certainty and everything after "baby" is just going to look like the dinosaur getting slightly larger each step.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    TavataarTavataar Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You might be able to cobble one together:

Find an egg picture, than a small cute dinosaur, then some sort of medium sized raptor, and finally a T-Rex? Photoshop/GIMP them together into one image.

It might be a little bit sillier than you were looking for, but I would probably wear it!

Tavataar on
    -Tavataar
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    That's what I was thinking would have to be done. Egg, compsognathus , velicoraptor, T-rex.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Nakatomi2010Nakatomi2010 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    That actually sounds pretty good, unfortunately however I lack a copy of photoshop. May have to look into GIMP and hope it's nottoo hard to use...

Nakatomi2010 on
    Check out me building my HTPC (NSF56K) (Updated 1-10-08)
    Movie Collection
    Foody Things
    Holy shit! Sony's new techno toy!
    Wii Friend code: 1445 3205 3057 5295
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Almost just like photoshop. Paint.NET isn't too terrible either.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me