As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] Vanguard Recruiters land on Planet PS3 early 2011

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    especially that lazy bastard Wrex, at least all the other ME1 squadmates do something on the ship

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Nuzak wrote: »
    shouldn't the title of this thread be "sentinels do it with protection"

No, that's bad example for any children who might be browsing the forums.

reVerse on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    What if...what if they made Kasumi romanceable in ME3?

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    edit: ah poop

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    TrippyJing wrote: »

Notice how the best ME2 characters are not romanceable.

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

I don't know.

I wouldn't feel right romancing Kasumi given her loyalty mission.

That being said, if ME2 has shown us anything, if enough people demand it...it will be forced down our throats.

@-Tal: Tal, no matter how much you beg, you're never going to get your Illusive Man romance.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    -Tal wrote: »

Notice how the best ME2 characters are not romanceable.

Tali and Jacob and jack were all romanceable.

Your logic is bad

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    and all of their romances made their characters worse for it

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Dragkonias wrote: »

I don't know.

That being said, if ME2 has shown us anything, if enough people demand it...it will be forced down our throats.

@-Tal: Tal, no matter how much you beg, you're never going to get your Illusive Man romance.

But...but...

...what if you help Kasumi get her groove back?

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Well, I agree with Tali and Jack.

Jacob got an awesome music video out of the deal.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I pity whatever male programmer had to work on making Mr. Tayler's nipples.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I pity whatever male programmer had to work on making Mr. Tayler's nipples."

Christina Norman went out of her way to make sure she had the duties.

Egos on
  • Options
    EtherealEthereal Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Egos wrote: »
    I pity whatever male programmer had to work on making Mr. Tayler's nipples."

Christina Norman went out of her way to make sure she had the duties.

Jacob's nipples should have been a specific section of the ME2 credits.

Ethereal on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Dem abs hold some arcane eldritch power.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    hahahah

anyway regarding
    reaper baby

i was all geared up to find out why the collectors needed so many humans. i found a pile of corpses on the ship and was HMM EXPERIMENTS HMM perhaps they are using only small bits of humans for something, like the little bones in our ears

then i find they're just liquefying them wholescale, which is contrary to anything special about humanity. boil us down and you get a soup just like any other species would make

THEN i find out it's to make this kind of reaper baby and it was like WOW all that seriousness for THAT? LAME.

then legion being the helpful repository of story info that he is enlightens me about sovereign's "we are each a nation" thing

so now i'm thinking they don't want the genetic soup

they put the colonists into these special chambers to upload their consciousnesses. when that's complete, flush the fleshy bits by souping them. notice how those still being "copied" were very much out of it. it's only when the process is done that they wake up and AAGGGHH ensues

this is all conjecture at this point, but it's the only way i can make myself feel better about ME2's ending

so here's hoping i'm right

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Space flu girl and the prize, maybe, but Jack is definitely improved by her romance. Prior to romance, Tali and Jacob are still okay, but Jack is just an antisocial jerk.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    PopesnaxPopesnax Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

I don't know.

But...but...

...what if you help Kasumi get her groove back?

If you saved the grey box, you can bang her while Keiji watches

just, you know, because that's how Renegade Shep rolls.

Popesnax on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    hahahah

anyway regarding
    reaper baby

i was all geared up to find out why the collectors needed so many humans. i found a pile of corpses on the ship and was HMM EXPERIMENTS HMM perhaps they are using only small bits of humans for something, like the little bones in our ears

then i find they're just liquefying them wholescale, which is contrary to anything special about humanity. boil us down and you get a soup just like any other species would make

THEN i find out it's to make this kind of reaper baby and it was like WOW all that seriousness for THAT? LAME.

then legion being the helpful repository of story info that he is enlightens me about sovereign's "we are each a nation" thing

they put the colonists into these special chambers to upload their consciousnesses. when that's complete, flush the fleshy bits by souping them. notice how those still being "copied" were very much out of it. it's only when the process is done that they wake up and AAGGGHH ensues

this is all conjecture at this point, but it's the only way i can make myself feel better about ME2's ending

Human soup is not the same as alien soup, genetic diversity is relevant

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I say humans are more genetically diverse because we are a younger, more primitive race compared to the the rest of the species.

Our forks are still wide and varried, while the older races have narrowed and closed.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    hahahah

anyway regarding
    reaper baby

Is it wrong that you guys are making me hungry?

I could go for a bowl of human soup right now.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    People! Reaper soup is made of people!

Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    I say humans are more genetically diverse because we are a younger, more primitive race compared to the the rest of the species.

Our forks are still wide and varried, while the older races have narrowed and closed.

this doesn't make a lick of sense

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    KazakaKazaka Asleep Counting SheepRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I want full-on dialogue for the two DLC characters, because they're great fucking characters.

Kazaka on
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    hahahah

anyway regarding
    reaper baby

yeah but you don't need such a huge number of humans for your soup to contain all the GENETIC diversity you need

that's not how genetics works, a genome contains a huge number of base pairs, but the difference between individuals is relatively minor

if the difference was any larger they couldn't call it the human genome since we share the majority of our genes with other primates

i think it's consciousness-based, it's the only way that explains why they need so many

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    We've been over this. You can't keep it because it is obviously a Reaper trap in waiting. Just like everything the Reapers make is a trap in waiting.

That's just how they role, they booby trap everything and just wait for some unsuspecting person to come across it.

Secret technology. Booby trapped.

Ancient artifacts. Booby trapped.

Get Well Soon cards. Booby trapped.

Not only that, but Cerberus = The Keystone Kops of outer space. They bumblefuck EVERYTHING they do, with the exception of the Lazarus project.

Fatty McBeardo on
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    We've been over this. You can't keep it because it is obviously a Reaper trap in waiting. Just like everything the Reapers make is a trap in waiting.

That's just how they role, they booby trap everything and just wait for some unsuspecting person to come across it.

Secret technology. Booby trapped.

Ancient artifacts. Booby trapped.

Get Well Soon cards. Booby trapped.

Not only that, but Cerberus = The Keystone Kops of outer space. They bumblefuck EVERYTHING they do, with the exception of the Lazarus project.

Lazarus was a bumblefuck too, only reason it wasn't a total loss is because Shepard is too awesome to die to mechs.

...Thinking about it, has there been a SINGLE cerberus project where the facility they were working in didn't end up fucked?

Teltin facility got Jack'd, Lazarus got Mech'd, ME1 places got Shep'd, and I can't recall any others.

NEO|Phyte on
    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Dear Zaeed haters: Suck it.

Zaeed is Space Del Preston and for that I will forever love him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuRwl8fJTPk

Fatty McBeardo on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    hahahah

anyway regarding
    reaper baby

yeah but you don't need such a huge number of humans for your soup to contain all the GENETIC diversity you need

that's not how genetics works, a genome contains a huge number of base pairs, but the difference between individuals is relatively minor

if the difference was any larger they couldn't call it the human genome since we share the majority of our genes with other primates

i think it's consciousness-based, it's the only way that explains why they need so many

it is very possible that consciousness is a part of the process, but you're missing the simple fact that they need a lot of soup because reapers are really big

though they could have used clones

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    hahahah

anyway regarding
    reaper baby

it is very possible that consciousness is a part of the process, but you're missing the simple fact that they need a lot of soup because reapers are really big

though they could have used clones

Reapers only eat organic humans.

No genetic engineering allowed.

Orca on
  • Options
    EtherealEthereal Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Orca wrote: »

The Reapers are just ancient space foodies.

Ethereal on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Ethereal wrote: »

Exactly. They shop at Whole Species.

Orca on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Ethereal wrote: »

Exactly. They shop at Whole Species.

One Turian, no face paint please. I'm trying to watch my figure.
    HOW FAR CAN THIS GO

Kazaka on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    a watermelon where the melon is quarian poop wrapped in a krogan scrotum

there now it's over

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    a watermelon where the melon is quarian poop wrapped in a krogan scrotum

there now it's over

I didn't know the human body was capable of kicking up vomit so suddenly and with such force.

Kazaka on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I like the free-range humans; they're so much more flavorful.

Orca on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

He means the olders races hads more of the incest.

....I think?

Egos on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    on a less creepy awkward note.

yes
    hahahah

anyway regarding
    reaper baby

human reaper was lame. I got scolded at the time most were beating it , because I didn't think it was dark enough due to what preceded it.

Granted I didn't think it was dark enough in presentation , and I thought the whole thing was silly. I mean "Killer Clowns from Outer Space" is pretty damn dark in concept but that doesn't stop it from being silly as hell.

A giant Skeleton being filled with human playdo with giant syringes is goofy.

I mean don't get me wrong the idea of people being ground up and such is disturbing. But the end result being something akin to playdo and being put into giant syringes and being forced into the Terminator O_O bleh

I wanted CRONENBERG, BIOWARE! NOT CONTRA!

granted I was mighty serious after I saw
    Tali get a shot to the face on my first try

Egos on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Egos wrote: »

He means the olders races hads more of the incest.

....I think?

I think they've stagnated from years of space travel and enviromental engineering. Nothing to adapt to, to force change.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Of course, the problem is that lack of natural selection (well, reduced importance of) tends to increase diversity because the marginal specimens are now fit enough to survive and reproduce...see also the human species circa right now.

Orca on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    You know when when I first start playing it I thought it was mainly an issue of Shepard kicking Sovreign's ass
    and that spurred their interest in humanity and they really wanted to get their hands on Shepard.

Especially with the one controlled collector saying "I will harm you if I have to , Shepard" or something along those lines.

Egos on