As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Speeding Ticket

UltaruneUltarune Registered User regular
edited August 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I recently received my third speeding ticket, going 80 in a 65 zone. My previous two tickets I've taken to those "fixing" places, where they hash them down to non-moving violations so your insurance doesn't go up, usually costing 200 for the ticket, 100 for the service, so 300 total. However, I received this ticket in Edwardsville Illinois, just east of St. Louis, and the envelope I was given mentions something called "supervision". They say this will cost me 120 dollars and a plea of guilty is accepted, but a conviction is not entered, and if I comply with the conditions, it won't be put on my record.

My question is does a "supervised" ticket still go down as a moving offense, something my insurance company could see and increase my rates for. I currently pay 220 every 6 months and don't want it to go up. This is my third ticket in 10 years of driving, so its unlikely that I will get another one in 12 months, but if I do, do I end up geting hit with both full force? Would that only occur if I got another speeding ticket in edwardsville, or do different cities police officers see other cities tickets and they interact? Different states (I live in St. Louis, MO., but work in Illinois sometimes)?

Should I just go with the 300 dollar price tag of getting the ticket "fixed" conventionally, or is this "supervision" concept worth looking into? Thanks for any help.

Ultarune on