As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Metacampaign 2010: A Steel Battalion Scenario

• Options
    RelativioxRelativiox Halo Nerd Forerunner shield world OnyxRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    guyal wrote: »
    Tractor Mechs. Classic.
    Well I'll give you this much, they are cheap and quick to rebuild. That way your forces can recover quickly as we take down wave after wave. :P

Relativiox on
    iris_forumsig.gif
  • Options
    MaradineMaradine Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'd like to remind the PRF drill sergeant that, while working for me, he loves all makes and models of VTs equally. NOW HUG A VITZH.

HUG IT.

Maradine on
  • Options
    RelativioxRelativiox
    hugs a vitzh

HUUUUUG!!!
    For mara about 5 seconds in.

Halo Nerd Forerunner shield world OnyxRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    hugs a vitzh

HUUUUUG!!!
    For mara about 5 seconds in.

Relativiox on
    iris_forumsig.gif
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    We are proud of the supposed epithet of "tractor mech" imposed upon our proud mechanical forces of resistance.

For indeed, like the humble tractor, they are dependable, strong, capable, and represent the hard working spirit of the proletariat.

The fact that the PRF uses this as an epithet is only further evidence of their disdain for and inability to understand the working man and their indomitable spirit. We will crush their tyrannical bones in the name of freedom!

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    We are proud of the supposed epithet of "tractor mech" imposed upon our proud mechanical forces of resistance.

For indeed, like the humble tractor, they are dependable, strong, capable, and represent the hard working spirit of the proletariat.

The fact that the PRF uses this as an epithet is only further evidence of their disdain for and inability to understand the working man and their indomitable spirit. We will crush their tyrannical bones in the name of freedom!

Tractor Mechs: Nothing runs like a Deere.

So I finally got my dedicated SB XBOX (happy birthday to me!) and have been able to unpack and setup my Steel Battalion rig. About time too, it's been sitting on my table for a week taunting me.

I did the first couple missions and I have to say, this is one of the most immersive, intense, and all around badass mech games I have ever played. Where's my god damned Steel Battalion 2. :3

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    I did the first couple missions and I have to say, this is one of the most immersive, intense, and all around badass mech games I have ever played. Where's my god damned Steel Battalion 2. :3

It really kinda wrecks mecha games for you. Noting else comes close. As for a sequel - you can start with @PG_inaba, and maybe the Capcom booth after that. It's a different world from 2004.

Maradine on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Maradine wrote: »

It really kinda wrecks mecha games for you. Noting else comes close. As for a sequel - you can start with @PG_inaba, and maybe the Capcom booth after that. It's a different world from 2004.

Yeah, these days people are used to spending tons on a game with unique controllers. Thanks Rock Band!

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    guyalguyal Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    In the spirit of global humanity, I have created a poster entry for category PRF#2, rendered in the inimitable style of the finest artistic minds and talents that the PRF has to offer to the fair sea of humanity.
    Rz9bS.jpg

guyal on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Right Brothers: We're Helping!

Maradine on
  • Options
    GSpeezyGSpeezy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Maradine wrote: »
    Right Brothers: We're Helping!
    4921582922_9333d5f88e_b.jpg
    Only some people will understand this joke. Half of them will think it's hilarious. The other half will cry themselves to sleep. <3

GSpeezy on
    All rights reversed; prosecutors will be violated.
  • Options
    BoomShakeBoomShake The Engineer Columbia, MDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    This just got tweeted about by Garnett Lee. Yay publicity!

BoomShake on
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hai Shi Dao wins the fucking internet.

we have our own victory song / national anthem.
    Also, how hardcore are we to pull guitar riffs off of single string instruments (2:45)

China Beats It

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Also, how hardcore are we to pull guitar riffs off of single string instruments (2:45)

PRF yankee doodles not so dandy now, eh?

guyal on
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    This is so fucking kick ass I broke my rule to not swear twice in a sentence unless I'm angry.

Alazull on
    User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    TitanTitan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

China Beats It

I give you the internet. Win.

Titan on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Wow, that was epic.

Surely, with the revolutionary ensemble orchestra of Hai Shi Dao at our side, who can resist us?

(Also, this further proves our need to be able to play propaganda music during the battle! =) )

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Wow, that was epic.

Surely, with the revolutionary ensemble orchestra of Hai Shi Dao at our side, who can resist us?

(Also, this further proves our need to be able to play propaganda music during the battle! =) )

It's not Chinese but it's really hard to be the Russian Red Army Choir for kick ass commie music:
    Free Soda for Everyone!
    Kalinka - AKA Goddamn Can This Guy Sing

Also, this is way too good of a song for the Hai Shi Dao:
    Space Tractor

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Pompadours and Mullets?! is it 1998?

I was bo~rn in Mos - cow ba - by
    You- can- maybe- be- my- girl!
    Ride~ my tractor~ all- night- long!
    And- eve-ry-one will- sing- this song!

catchy.

also I weep for my bro because he was listening to kalinka and said "Oh TETRIS! I luv that song!"

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    realitysyndromerealitysyndrome Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I somehow got addicted to Steel Battalion last year, I am probably looking forward to playing it again the most out of everything at PAX.

realitysyndrome on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Still have your old SB:LOC stuff?

In an effort to "brush up" on VT skills, I'd like to propose meeting up online on Saturday Aug. 28th between 200p and 700p Pacific Time (-8GMT).

"How do we do that with Xbox Live dead?" you may ask.

-With your computer, go here to Xlink Kai click the tiny Downloads tab, and select the Evolution VII version (DONT use 7.4 beta yet).
    -Install Xlink on your computer and then create an Xlink Tag like you did with Xbox Live. Again, goto the Kai Website and select the tiny Sign Up tab and create your Xlink Tag.

-When Kai is up and running on you computer, click the tiny arena icon (looks like a globe), then go to the Xbox -> 3rd Person Shooter -> Steel Battalion: Line of Contact arena.

-Next, hardline hook up your xbox to the same network as your PC and look for me and others in the arena.

-Through the magic and voodoo of technology and the internet, Your Xbox's system link search will go through your PC, through the net to another's PC and down to their xbox to find the game they set up.

There are still a few dedicated players rolling around every so often and they will kick your ass. But take your lumps now and be that much better at PAX. You'd probably do yourself a favor and go Lineofcontact.net and THIS THREAD in particular and add your Xtag to the list and add ALL the contacts from the OP to your contact list.

Viola` you've got LOC buddies.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    RelativioxRelativiox Halo Nerd Forerunner shield world OnyxRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

I'm not in charge of the campaign room, but I'm going to strongly discourage music in the Boot camp room as there is going to be new people learning this for the first time and it's difficult enough as it is. So I will ask please no music and/or noisemaking devices (such as a vuvuzela or a vuvuzela app) be used in the Boot camp room. Thanks!

Relativiox on
    iris_forumsig.gif
  • Options
    TeletheusTeletheus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It's not Chinese but it's really hard to beat the Russian Red Army Choir for kick ass commie music.

That's nothing.
    Pure Awesome

Teletheus on
    PSN/XBL/Steam/Twitter: Teletheus
  • Options
    edited August 2010

In an effort to "brush up" on VT skills, I'd like to propose meeting up online on Saturday Aug. 28th between 200p and 700p Pacific Time (-8GMT).

-With your computer, go here to Xlink Kai click the tiny Downloads tab, and select the Evolution VII version (DONT use 7.4 beta yet).
    -Install Xlink on your computer and then create an Xlink Tag like you did with Xbox Live. Again, goto the Kai Website and select the tiny Sign Up tab and create your Xlink Tag.

-When Kai is up and running on you computer, click the tiny arena icon (looks like a globe), then go to the Xbox -> 3rd Person Shooter -> Steel Battalion: Line of Contact arena.

-Next, hardline hook up your xbox to the same network as your PC and look for me and others in the arena.

-Through the magic and voodoo of technology and the internet, Your Xbox's system link search will go through your PC, through the net to another's PC and down to their xbox to find the game they set up.

There are still a few dedicated players rolling around every so often and they will kick your ass. But take your lumps now and be that much better at PAX. You'd probably do yourself a favor and go Lineofcontact.net and THIS THREAD in particular and add your Xtag to the list and add ALL the contacts from the OP to your contact list.

I'm there. See my fellow VT pilots Saturday!

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Damn, if only I had a controller and LOC......maybe PAX will convince me I need this thing.

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    MazeMaze Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The misguided rebels continue to bluster and posture with their anthems and Vertical Tractors, while our pacification battalions prepare for their noble deployment towards Xin Feng Tian. Our pilots have been instructed to allow HSD recruits, brainwashed by the cult of the proletariat, a minimum of suffering during negotiation encounters. We seek only the dismantling of this venomous "political" ideology engineered to fan the flames of mock outrage in support of darker machinations! The efficient destruction of HSD VT pilots is a sad yet seemingly unavoidable side-effect of our envoy's reclamation directive. Citizens who leave their beloved farms to join the HSD and resist our triumphant return to the Homeland will be promptly returned to their farmland at a reduced elevation, if positive identification of their remains can be established.

XkDhJ.jpg

Maze on
    "Beware of rashness, but with energy, and sleepless vigilance, go forward and give us victories!" - A. Lincoln
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    War Shakes?!?!!

Only the tattered mind of the capitalist enslaver is capable of such conceit, to imagine that you could yoke mother's milk itself to your wicked war machines! The only yard your milkshakes will bring the boys to is the burying yard! Our VTs will teach you that you cannot win the charge!

guyal on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    My official submittals.

Free Soda for All Humans
    MaoFreeSodajpgcopy.jpg

Even though this doesnt quite fit the criteria, I'll submit this in Go Back to your Tractor Factory
    Tractormech.jpg

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    (That is made of win Ben =) )

VThornheart on
  • Options
    Kwisatz HaderachKwisatz Haderach Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Matev wrote: »

Damn, if only I had a controller and LOC......maybe PAX will convince me I need this thing.

Same here! Don't think a shipped one would arrive in time...gonna have to scour the Goodwills again, I guess, hope one finds it's way there before the 28th.

Kwisatz Haderach on
    Twitter: @Quintonious (new, infrequently post)
    PSN: Quintonious
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Just to keep you guys in the loop -

x2_27c8c05

Maradine on
  • Options
    ravemongerravemonger [E] Silicon ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Wow... that's a lot of supply cards.

x2_190f7c9

ravemonger on
  • Options
    TeletheusTeletheus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Maybe I've missed this elsewhere in the thread, but where exactly is the set-up going to be? I've never played Steel Battalion, and I won't have the chance to play it before PAX, so I figure I'll need to run through Boot Camp a couple of times before I can try a Campaign mission. I'd rather do that as early as possible so I can make time for the other things I want to do as well.

Teletheus on
    PSN/XBL/Steam/Twitter: Teletheus
  • Options
    TitanTitan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Where did you have your materials/cards printed up?
    They look like they have neat little boxes and everything!

Titan on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Teletheus wrote: »
    Maybe I've missed this elsewhere in the thread, but where exactly is the set-up going to be? I've never played Steel Battalion, and I won't have the chance to play it before PAX, so I figure I'll need to run through Boot Camp a couple of times before I can try a Campaign mission. I'd rather do that as early as possible so I can make time for the other things I want to do as well.

6th Floor, outside Console Freeplay, across from Console Tourney. Trust me, you'll see us.
    Titan wrote: »
    Where did you have your materials/cards printed up?
    They look like they have neat little boxes and everything!

VT Cards: Moo Mini, Classic Finish - http://us.moo.com/products/minicards.html

Pilot Cards: Moo Business, Green Finish - http://us.moo.com/products/business-cards.html

Stamps: Custom Maxlight 125 - http://www.thestampmaker.com/

Factions Badges: PureButtons 1.75 x 2.75 Rect. - http://www.purebuttons.com/promotional_item_detail.php?scid=1&cid=8

Staff Hats: Custom Lids UA Stretch Fit - http://custom-hats.lids.com/pid/20118070

Maradine on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Just a quick bump saying this is happening today. Im not expecting too many people, maybe 5 at the most. Still, if you've got a SB controller and pedals and LOC, hop on Kai and lets hash it out.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I'm getting my stuff set up for this right now. I already posted this in the XLink Kai thread, but my Xlink nick is TOGSolid (I know, big surprise there).

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    as for the saturday game. eh, Solid showed up. We got him up and running for LOC. a bunch of the regulars came online around 6 or 7 and we had a 2 on 3 match.

Pork and I were screaming at each other as we took heavy artillery death from Car and Stoic, a few of the regulars. We'll get you set up and ready with all the toys if you can manage to get your black box to seattle for pax, Solid.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    as for the saturday game. eh, Solid showed up. We got him up and running for LOC. a bunch of the regulars came online around 6 or 7 and we had a 2 on 3 match.

Pork and I were screaming at each other as we took heavy artillery death from Car and Stoic, a few of the regulars. We'll get you set up and ready with all the toys if you can manage to get your black box to seattle for pax, Solid.

Thanks a ton. I'll be bringing it with me for sure. I'm ultra shit at this game still, but after a game with Stoic and GreyGhost I found out that (unsurprisingly) I'm pretty decent with artillery. I always was naturally good with support fire weaponry. :3

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I find myself as more of a skirmisher, with how often I closed in with you and stoic. those scarefaces we used in that one game, was one of the few times ive used the 320-SR. DEFINITE deviation from what the campaign disc is.

Pull up the 320-SR rifle as your main.
    Press F1 to zoom (also flips the safety off the rifle)
    use the camera stick to aim, fire with main weapon

trouble was, stoic closed so fast that by the time i brought that thing to bear, he was in our grills :P
    if I can land a falchion or a blade at the metacampaign, I'll be in my element. But that's going to be a bit hard to do as an HSD pilot.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    In Mechwarrior I was an LBX whore, but I gotta learn how close combat maneuvering works in this game before I get too frisky with close range stuff. That whole "tipping over" thing means I can't do what I'm used to doing.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
This discussion has been closed.