As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Team GMT Present to you the Third Annual [Phalla]Awards! (OP Updated Again!)

• EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Strictly speaking V was playing a False Primaphorior manufactured by the Pinnacle Guild, and Rend's timing was just unlucky; on the night he tried to convert V, the mafia met their win condition and were supercharged for the endgame, which included coverting Psuedo Prime because he hadn't [DATA REDACTED] or [NOPE NOT SAYING ANYTHING I'M SAVING THIS FOR THE NEXT TIME] but had killed and absorbed the powers of a Pinnacle member, namely Infidel, the main Pinnacle converter. So when Rend and Fake Prime merged, they ended up collecting the Pinnacle Guild's win condition. The more you know!

Also V screwed around so much that I really regret the RNG assigning him a power-accumulating super role. You have no idea how much trouble he caused me.

Incidentally if you ever saw the actual Primaphorior, Quicken and Rend wouldn't stand a goddamned chance. I have no idea how it'd even be doable in a phalla...

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Easy; model it on precisionk.

Wildcat on
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Certain victory went up in flames

1000% damage with a single vig attempt flames

Hilariously, after running the numbers I needed just one more medic to save me

God damn

Gumpy on
  • HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    the best part was that the 1000% attack turned off my defence

so id have gone splat if anyone had bothered to shoot me 8-)

also ed is on every drug ever when he makes these things..

HeavyVillain on
  • adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    SPECTRUM CANNON..... CHARGING....

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    why would anyone bother to shoot you

we had better things to do

Alegis on
    edited August 2010
    Not to mention that when Quicken inevitably comes back from the dead (that's kind of his thing, he can put a corporeal body back together almost as quickly as the Renegade) he's gonna be pissssssed.

Also yes SPECTRUM CANNON deserves your love and attention.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
    edited August 2010
    the best part was that the 1000% attack turned off my defence

so id have gone splat if anyone had bothered to shoot me 8-)

also ed is on every drug ever when he makes these things..

Clarification: Would Splattering HV and then using Burnages damage sharing ability have gotten through that fucking time shield

Gumpy on
    edited August 2010
    I'd tell you the answer to that but it would just make you go "DAMMIT!" and hate that situation even more.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Man stop bandwagoning on my second'd things mafia teammates.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    daniant wrote: »
    Alright, I can definitely get behind Burnage Phalla! (The horror!)

And as the guard that was bullied by Duna in Space Horror Phalla, I can get behind that vote too.

Need to research red and pink vote.

telling you what to do is not bullying! its directing.

You were so mean to me. It was only my second phalla. I was...so young...:cry:

daniant on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Spectrum cannon...........

fail.

lonelyahava on
    edited August 2010
    Well, I'm off for today

I hope all players treat our secret bonus narrator kindly

Gumpy on
  • DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    As Gumpy was leaving his house I shot him

Then I took his rusty metal fists and wore them as gloves

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Day 2 - The Night goes on
    INNS wins Most Hilarious Single Blunder or Meltdown by a Player or Team in a Single Game (All according to plan Award)
    meltdownaward.png

ALL

ACCORDING

TO

PLAN

INeedNoSalt on
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Daius wrote: »
    As Gumpy was leaving his house I shot him

Then I took his rusty metal fists and wore them as gloves

Now I am safe from the betrayal award :3

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    As I was in the Spartan Mini. In fact, it was my first game. I have to go with pigeonking!

I also loves me some of the Burnage phalla.

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    All of FWD's post restrictions.

Wildcat on
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hey Samurai. I had an idea. People want to update the big name players list. You're not sure how you want to do it. Hold a vote. Whoever gets the most votes is added to the Big Name Players List.

I am a genius!

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hey Samurai. I had an idea. People want to update the big name players list. You're not sure how you want to do it. Hold a vote. Whoever gets the most votes is added to the Big Name Players List.

I am a genius!

If Grumpy will allow it. Top 3 votes get into the Real Big Name Players List. It's like the Hall of Fame for Phalla!

Vote in Cyan! starting tomorrow.

samurai6966 on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Pink is awfully similar to Plum

Egos on
    edited August 2010
    Wait for tomorrow, day is about to end. Make it Cyan

Alegis on
    edited August 2010
    Edited. We are now voting in Cyan.

samurai6966 on
    edited August 2010
    and isn't the whole point/charm of the BNP list that its based on Samurais world view?

Egos on
    edited August 2010
    Egos wrote: »
    and isn't the whole point/charm of the BNP list that its based on Samurais world view?

Yes and no. I've wanted to have the BNP list to be serious business after it became such a meme. Sure it's my list but I want to share it to the world!

samurai6966 on
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Isn't missing the point the basis of Samurai's modus operandi?

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    All has proceeded as I have foreseen.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited August 2010
    As requested, here is the new Big Name Player List :-

Gumpy
    Burnage
    Daius
    Edcrab

Thank you all for voting.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
    edited August 2010

Yes and no. I've wanted to have the BNP list to be serious business after it became such a meme. Sure it's my list but I want to share it to the world!

Thats not what your wiki says.

and I quote " (This list is truly a joke. Pay no heed to it.) "

Egos on
    edited August 2010
    You can't vote for yourself. That's cheating.

:P

samurai6966 on
    edited August 2010

Thats not what your wiki says.

and I quote " (This list is truly a joke. Pay no heed to it.) "

Not anymore!

samurai6966 on
    edited August 2010
    guess I'll have to counter this elitist evil with my BIG LIST OF NAMES!

Egos on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

I have a list of big names
    JOHN HANDCOCK
    RANDY SAVAGE
    JASON STATHAM
    THE ROCK
    DUDE FROM THAT SHOW I SAW ONCE
    BEN
    RICK MORANIS
    CALVIN COOLIDGE
    WINNIE THE POOH

Dunadan019 on
  • Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

I have a list of big names
    JOHN HANDCOCK
    RANDY SAVAGE
    JASON STATHAM
    THE ROCK
    DUDE FROM THAT SHOW I SAW ONCE
    BEN
    RICK MORANIS
    CALVIN COOLIDGE
    WINNIE THE POOH

Psh my name isn't on there even once.

Dogbone33 on
    Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Pigeon.

SPECTRUM CANNON!

FWD.

Gumpy.

Oh, and you guys should get your votes in. Because vote may close in 5 minutes. Maybe. Possibly. Who knows?

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Guest Narrator declares Vote Closed.

Guest Narration will be coming in soon.

Guest Guest Guest Guest Guest Guest Guest.

[IMG][/img]
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Who are you? Did someone lose a coin flip?

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    edited August 2010
    AOR_Final

Alegis on
    edited August 2010
    As one of the hosts

Do you people not understand voting systems

Is it

Some sort of mystery to you

that once something has been nominated twice, your vote for it makes no difference

it'd be like voting for your dog

to be president
    There's no rule in the constitution that says a Dog can't become President!

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
    edited August 2010
    Day 3 – The Plot Thickens, Before It Is Mixed With Chocolate, Then Voraciously Consumed

With the second round of voting in the Phallawards drawing to a close, the atmosphere amongst the assembled Phallites grew charged. Some of this may have been due to the humongous static discharge generated by Phallites' Treasures, but most of it was generated by the quiet tension simmering under the calm veneers put on by the attendees.

Flashing a trillion-watt smile (which did nothing to alleviate the electrically-based atmospheric disturbances present in the Hall), Gumpy accepted a new batch of envelopes from one of the autonomous beings assisting in the festivities. He then promptly lit a match, and set them ablaze, claiming that he would divine the winners from the flames.

The first award presented was the Strongest Metal Hands (Might Steel Appendage Award), and the esteemed host of the awards declared that “The Flames” had declared him (Gumpy) the winner of the Metal Hands. One of the automatons brought forward the award, a set of steel-clad gauntlets, set upon a glove rack made of gold.

However, before Gumpy could declare the next (alleged) winner, the automaton who had delivered the award whispered a few rushed words into his master’s ear. Gumpy visibly paled, and fled from the stage with great alacrity, slowing only to whisper a few words to his machinated assistant, and don his newly-received gloves, before rushing out of the Hall.

Perturbed by the sudden departure of their eccentric ceremonial overlord, many of the Phallites present began to whisper frantically, curious as to what emergency could merit such a frenetic response. Sensing the panic, and wishing to keep his fellows calm and merry, Romanian My Escutcheon, Doxy stepped up to the podium, and began quietly interrogating the automaton who had spoken to Gumpy. However, many of the Phallites near the stage could hear the automaton state in a clear, loud tone “Master Gumpy says there is no need to worry, and asks that the awards continue.” RMED tried inquiring into the nature of Gumpy’s sudden departure, but the artificial being simply repeated its previous statement. After several minutes of failed attempts to receive answers, RMED stepped to the podium, donned a wan smile, and declared that “The show must go on!”

After asking for another batch of the envelopes containing the previous award recipients (after assuring the automatons that he could deliver the names of the recipients without the aid of combustible means), RMED looked out to the nervous crowd, and revealed the names of the winners, hoping that there would be no adverse consequences for his decision to leave Gumpy to his own devices…

“The winner of the Most Veteran Play by a New Player (Baby With a Shotgun) Award is Pigeonking!”

After scanning the room nervously, the newly minted Phallite sheepishly stepped up to the stage, ignoring the genial heckling inflicted by the Villagers of the Phallanx game. Upon reaching the stage, he accepted his award; a scale model of Baby Herman, holding a sawed-off shotgun.

“The nominees for the Memest Meme (The Hilarious) Award are..."
    The Burnage Phalla Meme!

Houn is the Leader of the Pinnacle Guild!?

B:L is Never Evil!

Glovefucking!

The Big Name Players List!

Suspicious/Shenanigans!

And finally, The Spectrum Cannon!

“The winner of the Best / Worst Post Restriction (They made me do it!) Award is FWD!”

FWD ambled to the stage, a dreamy grin on his face. His eyes widened at the trophy he was presented upon reaching the podium; a pair of Golden Handcuffs.

“The winners of the Lions led by Sheep Award, for the most blatant misuse of power or authority by a Player or Group, are Dunadan, and… erm… Gumpy! In a tie vote!”

Dunadan came up to the stage in a confident strut, but the Hall once again erupted into a maelstrom of frantic speculation, wondering about the fate of their initial host, and how this tie would be handled upon his return.

In the meantime however, Dunadan was presented with one of the two trophies representing this award; a statue of a lion, which was awkwardly trying to shove on a sheepskin coat. However, before a decision could be reached about Gumpy’s trophy, one of the automatons present on the stage relieved RMED of it, and marched back to join a small group of his mechanical brethren at the back of the stage.

With the second batch of awards presented, RMED gave another weak smile to the crowd, and began to explain the procedures for the third round of voting, when the lights in the Hall suddenly faltered, plunging the room into sudden darkness.

Shocked gasps and surprised utterances created a clamor within the room, replacing the dearth of light with a surplus of sound. However, just as quickly as the lights went out, they came alive again, causing another round of excited chattering amongst the assembled Phallites.

Before sense could be made of the sudden failure of the illumination systems, several shouts of dismay joined the already considerable din within the Hall. Several of the award winners were searching for their awards, reporting them mysteriously lost. Several other residents of the Hall were also missing personal possessions, the most disturbing amongst the missing items being several of the Phallite Treasures.

Meanwhile, several levels below the Hall, Gumpy found the reason behind the inexplicable loss of power in the chamber above; an archaic mechanical bomb attached to one of the power cells in the Hall’s sublevel. After carefully removing the mechanism from the cell, Gumpy attempted to carefully examine the device. However, before he could glean any answers from the mysterious device, a small explosive hidden within detonated, destroying any evidence that could be retrieved from the device.

Gumpy crushed the remains of the device in one of his gauntleted hands. While he hadn’t divined any answers from the ruined machine, he did know one thing; someone - or something - had set some dark plot in motion, and the future of the Phallawards, along with the Phallites currently residing in the Hall above, would rest upon its failure...

Or its success.

Day Three Voting Has Begun!

The following awards are now eligible for Day Three voting:

Vote in Lime to nominate a player for the Best or Most Exciting or Coolest or Most Epic Role Claim or Reveal (IT IS I, INACTIVUS) Award.

Vote in Red for the winner of the Memest Meme (The Hilarious) Award.

Vote in Plum for the winner of the Most Over the Top Player (The God Emperor) Bonus Award.

[IMG][/img]