Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Russia - Moscow/St Petersburg Trip

KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
edited August 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I've booked 8 days in Russia at the end of September, flying into Moscow and departing from St Petersburg. So if you have any advice or tips, please advise!

Detail

*Four nights in Moscow (with family)
*Train to St Petersburg (not booked yet)
*Three nights in St Petersburg (booked somewhere cheap just off Neveskiy Prospect
*Visa - I've not started on this, but I sort of understand the process. I hope to get it sent off on Monday
*I speak no Russian
*Budget - middling

Aside from the above, I'm pretty free and easy. I enjoy the usual stuff like galeries or museums, neat parks or other similar things. Shopping doesn't interest me in the slightest. So far as going out, suggestions are welcome, but my alcohol tolerance works well with beer, not so well with hard spirits.

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
Kalkino on

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu ___________PIGEON _________San Diego, CA Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You could watch Transsiberian to prepare. I think it's pretty representative of Russia.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You could watch Transsiberian to prepare. I think it's pretty representative of Russia.

Yeah, I'm probably going to avoid that, as it seems like it will turn me into a paranoid wreck on the train trip.

On the other hand, maybe that might spice things up

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!