As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E PbP]In the Wake of the Plague [OOC Thread]

• Options
    OloronOloron Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Heh - yeah, given the different worlds, I'd assume they weren't friends. Though given that Aria's family is prominent and Wil's outsized behavior, I'm assuming they would have both stuck out.

Oloron on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah. Lilika's hidden :P

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    For purposes of the adventure (and to allow you to be the sole author of your character's history) I'll say Zethain knows of your father and wouldn't know you personally. Most likely he's "seen Wil around the guardhouse" in a manner of speaking... but I figure if he's not too familiar with you guys then I don't have to assume or make up parts of your characters' histories.

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Oh, let me know who's taking what if anything from the phat lewts.

Chanus on
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Vimak has some god awful will and reflex saves, he probably needs the amulet the most.

Fondor_Yards on
    Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Cool. I looked back and I'd said my father was one of the town elders in my original post. As of now, I'm giving him the name Dathan.

Oloron on
  • Options
    SquintsSquints Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Huzzah, shinies!

Squints on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Heh just noticed, we have the shittiest party initiative ever. Lilika is the only one with any positive modifiers for it.

Fondor_Yards on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Hehe... the first round I was looking at all your character sheets like, "Did someone forget to add a mod?" :P

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yeah - with my uber +0 mod, I think I may have Improved Initiative in my future.

I also noticed that we're very melee heavy. Other than Lilika being a mix of melee and ranged, I'm the only ranged character.

Oloron on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Aaaand... I'm at the end of my notes until I get home from work. :P

I'll get the next stuff up this evening. If you're waiting for sunrise for the provisions (which is really just flavor, I'm not expecting a starvation/dehydration-type of situation to occur), consider it an extended rest.

Talk amongst yourselves

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Are we dividing or pooling gold? If we divide, this would come to 23 gold each. (with the 3 gold from the archer left over)

Oloron on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Probably easier to just split it even among everyone so don't have to wait for an ok to spend it whenever, but I'm fine either way.

Fondor_Yards on
  • Options
    SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'd agree with the splitting, although pooling makes it easier on me (providing I'm not the one keeping track) so yah, either way.

Also, Lilika's build kind of relies on defenses, but that comes a few levels later...she has alright defenses as it is....good with opening strike, and good when she takes OAs from movement.

So later on I'll definitely want some sort of neck slot defense item, but for now I say give it to someone who's weak in the defense area.

Snowdown on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Just so we're on the same page: I'm just waiting on you guys to say you're ready to head out.

Also, I'm going to lunch. :P

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    By the way, I have tendency to do more skill check rolls in PbP games than I would in a normal game. Seems to keep things moving faster to sometimes roll pre-emptively. Taken too far, it can get excessive, so just let me know if I do too much.

Oloron on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    As long as you give me a reason for rolling a check, I'm fine with it. If the results overlap or something, I'll just roll with it if I can.

Speaking of which, I'm not quite sure how to interpret Vimak's Dungeoneering check :P

And unrelated, at a point like this where the "next move" isn't exactly obvious (like whether you're staying in place or heading on), you guys can toss in ready checks like you did before... and I'm fine with a "conditionally ready to move on if we're not doing anything else here" sort of thing... just so we don't end up in a situation where we're not sure who is waiting on whom.

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Dungeoneering is usually a check for information about things one finds in a dungeon. If a monster is not that of arcane, divine, or nature, a dungeoneering check gleans information about them. A DC 10 represents common knowledge - like that Vimak once saw a goblin use magic.

Squints on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Oh, so you were checking to see if the goblins could have done this.

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    True. I'm pretty sure Goblins can wield necrotic powers, like a hexer or something. He could be wrong, though.

Squints on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Crap... I forgot to post the text for your check... basically, you're aware goblins can use magic, but you can't tell specifically that this would be the case here.

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Hmm... the map size is being wonky... if you can't read it, the baddies are (left to right) WR, H3, H2, H1

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    GOD i love being a rogue.

I'm getting all adrenaliney....is that too geeky of me? ;)

Snowdown on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I played a Tielfling Rogue in my first RL 4E game... it was pretty awesome :P

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I've only played PbP games here, and I'm playing....2 defenders, and one "support" character.
    Half Orc Paladin
    Tiefling Bard
    and Mul Fighter (just started)

So I've been itching to try out a striker...guess I picked right with this character.
    She's gonna be super nasty later too I think, depending on what lvl we play to

Snowdown on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I (hopefully) have grand enough ideas for the story arc that if you guys want to keep playing, I'll keep writing :)

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    In my real game I'm a half battle half shielding cleric. We would have died without my heals and buffs/debuffs but god it's so boring in combat. Can't wait till we restart and I'm a war wizard and something else. Actually being able to hurt things is fun.

Fondor_Yards on
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So if Wil and Celgar are going at the same time, should I just go?

Or are we going to rock/paper/scissors or something?

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Hmm... roll a d10 on orokos and go first if it's 6-10

Then I guess keep it that way unless circumstances require you switch?

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Chanus wrote: »
    Hmm... roll a d10 on orokos and go first if it's 6-10

Then I guess keep it that way unless circumstances require you switch?

Tiebreaker: 1d10 4

booooo

OptimusZed on

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The IC roll is good enough for me if Orokos is being disagreeable.

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I think orokos knows Wil is hungover, and is messing up all your rolls on purpose Zed.

Fondor_Yards on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Who knew Orokos was so judgy?

Okay... so it is Celgar's turn.

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Do I get CA on a charge, if the last square I end up in in the charge flanks an enemy?

Squints on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I would think so... Just remember you have to also end your charge in the square that is "closest to you"... so you can't like charge around an enemy.

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    If you're thinking of charging to J12, then yes you would have CA on Hobgoblin 3.

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Wil never seems to take "a little" damage.

It's either a miss or double digits.

Yeesh.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    edited August 2010
    You're like a reverse berserker.

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    By the way, I'm going on vacation next week. I should have sort of internet connection for a couple hours in the evenings, so I should be able to get a post or 2 per day but likely only at night. One post a day shouldn't be a problem, but figured I'd let you all know.

Oloron on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    That's cool. Enjoy your vacation!

Chanus on