Options

[NHL 11] Bundle up when you take to the ice. You might get glitches.

13468962

Posts

  • Options
    CCF23CCF23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    puffycow wrote: »
    I heard they included 4 different packs. I also ready the longer you hold the pass button the harder the pass is, and it'll fire off when you leg go of the trigger.

    It's kinda the same as the passing was in "hardcore" mode last year. People are complaining about it, probably because it'll fuck with their precious cross crease. I hope it stays that way in the EASHL.

    CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • Options
    Masked_MulletMasked_Mullet Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So I just played the demo, I like it. It has a different feel to it; however, I do hope they put more effort into the be a pro mode.

    Masked_Mullet on
  • Options
    Lt. FraggLt. Fragg Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It actually works much better than the hardcore mode from last year.

    You can even "pre-load" passes so touch passing is possible this time. I am digging it personally

    Lt. Fragg on
  • Options
    puffycowpuffycow Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I am excited to try it. And don't get your hopes up about Be a Pro, they haven't even said those words in any interview/video I've seen.

    puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    Masked_MulletMasked_Mullet Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh, I see that they never really changed the win stanley cup video...well anything.

    Masked_Mullet on
  • Options
    puffycowpuffycow Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I could care less about presentation as long as it plays well. Once they have physics down perfect then they can make it look pretty. I'd much rather them continue on the NHL route than switch to the Madden route.

    puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    Lt. FraggLt. Fragg Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    puffycow wrote: »
    I could care less about presentation as long as it plays well. Once they have physics down perfect then they can make it look pretty. I'd much rather them continue on the NHL route than switch to the Madden route.

    Then you will really enjoy NHL11.

    I am the same way. I couldn't care less if they changed the damn Stanley Cup celebration or whatever. If the game sucks, it sucks.

    But it doesn't, it plays like a dream and I am so pumped for this years version. I feel like there was an actual progression from NHL10 to 11, not 10 to 10.5

    HUT mode is seriously going to put a huge dent in my EASHL time though D:

    It is seriously like crack. 8-)

    Lt. Fragg on
  • Options
    puffycowpuffycow Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Lt. Fragg wrote: »
    puffycow wrote: »
    I could care less about presentation as long as it plays well. Once they have physics down perfect then they can make it look pretty. I'd much rather them continue on the NHL route than switch to the Madden route.

    Then you will really enjoy NHL11.

    I am the same way. I couldn't care less if they changed the damn Stanley Cup celebration or whatever. If the game sucks, it sucks.

    But it doesn't, it plays like a dream and I am so pumped for this years version. I feel like there was an actual progression from NHL10 to 11, not 10 to 10.5

    HUT mode is seriously going to put a huge dent in my EASHL time though D:

    It is seriously like crack. 8-)

    The question is, will you join our online league so I can rape your anus?

    PS - Cody, please don't yell at me for sexually abusing potentially new players :(

    puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    In the Facebook video for the demo, it says if you complete objectives you can unlock packs for when you get the game. Is this just the invite thing or is there something else I am missing?

    I love that the first game I play (flyers vs hawks) is me losing game 7 vs the Hawks. Ugh.

    redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    Lt. FraggLt. Fragg Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    puffycow wrote: »
    Lt. Fragg wrote: »
    puffycow wrote: »
    I could care less about presentation as long as it plays well. Once they have physics down perfect then they can make it look pretty. I'd much rather them continue on the NHL route than switch to the Madden route.

    Then you will really enjoy NHL11.

    I am the same way. I couldn't care less if they changed the damn Stanley Cup celebration or whatever. If the game sucks, it sucks.

    But it doesn't, it plays like a dream and I am so pumped for this years version. I feel like there was an actual progression from NHL10 to 11, not 10 to 10.5

    HUT mode is seriously going to put a huge dent in my EASHL time though D:

    It is seriously like crack. 8-)

    The question is, will you join our online league so I can rape your anus?

    PS - Cody, please don't yell at me for sexually abusing potentially new players :(


    I am very proficient in taking it in the hoop in various online leagues in the past, therefore I will certainly put it under consideration. 8-)




    Hmmm...that was one sentence I'd never thought I would ever say.

    Lt. Fragg on
  • Options
    puffycowpuffycow Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Haha.

    Cody, I think if you win the tourney with your Card Team you get a pack as well.

    puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hahahahaha I just had a goal get disallowed on an alleged re-direct that was too high ... saw 3 or 4 replays then the ref pointed to center!

    Awesome how that's incorporated, but you could see the ref talking, you couldn't hear anything though ... that's kinda a bummer.

    Still awesome to see that happen though!

    WilDPanthA05 on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I got nudged off the puck and lost my stick. I was right next to it, so he pretty much picked up back up right away. I was going to try and skate around without it.

    redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I just won the rookie cup, woo! I didn't see anything unlock if you were supposed to.

    WilDPanthA05 on
  • Options
    remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So with the demo your starter pack has actual good players in it? It's not going to be like that in the full game right?

    remlap13 on
  • Options
    WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I hope not, the "good" players I started with were (probably the same as Cody's honestly):

    Malkin
    Zetterberg
    Fillpula
    Perry
    Okposo
    Tavares
    Dupuis

    Chara
    Keith
    Subban
    Enstrom

    Miller
    Vokoun

    WilDPanthA05 on
  • Options
    puffycowpuffycow Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Remlap, I think each pack contains so many common, uncommon, rare, etc in it... like if you played a real life card game. I believe they said you can spend more "pucks" to purchase packs that had a higher rare percentage or something.

    Oh well, off to try it myself now!

    Edit: Team!

    Boedker
    Getzlaf
    Okposo
    Hlavac
    Ruzicka
    Hytonen
    Hall
    Hodgson
    Perry
    Howden
    Brayden Schenn
    Rosa

    Chara
    Larsson
    Fowler
    Vukovic
    Alzner
    Cowen

    Luongo
    Schneider

    puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    JawaJawa Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Why do I have to be sitting at work doing nothing when I could be at home D/ling NHL11 :(

    Jawa on
  • Options
    Lt. FraggLt. Fragg Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    remlap13 wrote: »
    So with the demo your starter pack has actual good players in it? It's not going to be like that in the full game right?


    Apparently the pool of players for the demo is only 75, and a majority of them are quite good.

    You can run a solid 2-3 lines, and decent D - with training you can run a 90 ish team by the time your contracts run out.

    I can't wait for full game and take a team of nothings and make them into something...

    Lt. Fragg on
  • Options
    Masked_MulletMasked_Mullet Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh don't get me wrong, I know i'm nit picking at some very small things, this years game does feel very solid and interesting to play. I just say that because I play be a pro more than i do an actual team. There's something satisfying about being able to play as your created character, bring him up from the ranks and eventually star in the NHL. Thats somethin i'm more interested in.

    Masked_Mullet on
  • Options
    puffycowpuffycow Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh no, I hear you. I wasn't trying to be a dick. I was just letting you know that when developers/producers don't talk about something, it probably won't be there.

    I like the new way the game plays. I want to say slower, but it really isn't. While the players move a bit slower, the puck moves faster. This makes the speed ratio feel right. The hustle button is nice to. I just need to get used to this.

    puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Cody needs to change the thread title to mention the demo. Maybe we'd get some more new guys in here!

    remlap13 on
  • Options
    CCF23CCF23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I was worried about the hustle when I heard about it, but it's minimal as it should be. It seems perfectly implemented to me. I also feel like the AI is a little better. The CPU actually takes shots against you instead of passing an insane amount.

    The game is definitely better.

    CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • Options
    JawaJawa Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Crap I need to get my other TV because I can't see anything on the one in my living room right now and its making it damn near impossible to read the names and stats on my cards.

    Also I really like the way the hits feel in this one, big hits seem much rarer (as they should be), but most contact will move a player even if only a little, unlike '10 where if I made my player too small and checked somebody I would fall down.

    I like the new faceoff system even if I haven't gotten used to it yet. Finally, how do I jump deke? Because I really want to jump deke.

    Jawa on
  • Options
    Lt. FraggLt. Fragg Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    remlap13 wrote: »
    Cody needs to change the thread title to mention the demo. Maybe we'd get some more new guys in here!


    The title wasn't the problem - the game was...

    So far, the game doesn't seem to be the issue this year

    Edit - to clarify my point, I think that NHL10 was by far the weakest effort in a while from year to year. These games normally hold my attention for a full year - I never got past October with NHL10...

    Lt. Fragg on
  • Options
    CCF23CCF23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Jawa wrote: »
    Crap I need to get my other TV because I can't see anything on the one in my living room right now and its making it damn near impossible to read the names and stats on my cards.

    Also I really like the way the hits feel in this one, big hits seem much rarer (as they should be), but most contact will move a player even if only a little, unlike '10 where if I made my player too small and checked somebody I would fall down.

    I like the new faceoff system even if I haven't gotten used to it yet. Finally, how do I jump deke? Because I really want to jump deke.

    left bumper plus up on the right stick.

    CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • Options
    JawaJawa Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    CCF23 wrote: »
    Jawa wrote: »
    Crap I need to get my other TV because I can't see anything on the one in my living room right now and its making it damn near impossible to read the names and stats on my cards.

    Also I really like the way the hits feel in this one, big hits seem much rarer (as they should be), but most contact will move a player even if only a little, unlike '10 where if I made my player too small and checked somebody I would fall down.

    I like the new faceoff system even if I haven't gotten used to it yet. Finally, how do I jump deke? Because I really want to jump deke.

    left bumper plus up on the right stick.

    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

    Jawa on
  • Options
    CCF23CCF23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I officially declare hip checks to be the most buttery addition to NHL 11.

    Seriously, there's nothing more rewarding than having a forward skate into your zone near your boards, and have your D man skating backwards line him up and stick his ass right into him sending him fucking flying.

    An MS Paint visual:

    whammo.jpg

    CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • Options
    remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I haven't even advanced past the screen where you fuck around with your UHL rosters, and I've killed like 45 solid minutes. I'm going to pound so much time into this damn game.

    EDIT: Did anyone notice they are too buttery at this game? I just beat the computer 3-0. 1 wrister from the slot. 1 blatant cross crease (just to see if i could do it). 1 slap shot from the high circle.

    EDIT: I'm so glad I'm a d-man. Crushing people is by far the best part of this game.

    remlap13 on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Title changed. :lol:

    Remlap, what level are you playing on? And remember, this is just the demo. When you play UHL, it will mostly be against a human opponent (besides playing the tournies). I fucking love the UHL. I am going to probably be 50/50 with that and EASHL, as I think most of you will be. XBL parties will now consist of us bitching to each other to trade a JERSEY CARD for a REGULAR CARD.

    P.S. I saw Scott Pilgrim vs The World for a third time tonight. So much better than the second time. The sound was blasting in this theater, as it should for guitar/band battles.

    redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    puffycowpuffycow Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The UHL games are on Pro. Otherwise you can change the difficulty.

    puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    BoogdudBoogdud Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    CCF23 wrote: »

    An MS Paint visual:


    I like how Pierre's neck is pouring out of the center ice circle.

    Boogdud on
  • Options
    CCF23CCF23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Fucking Cody. Scott Pilgrim is not the greatest movie ever made. I haven't seen it and I can say that with confidence.

    ;)

    CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    CCF23 wrote: »
    Fucking Cody. Scott Pilgrim is not the greatest movie ever made. I haven't seen it and I can say that with confidence.

    ;)

    Until you see it three times, I don't hear a word you speak. 8-)

    Hey, wanna OTP? Ooooohhh waiiit. Dick.

    redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    puffycowpuffycow Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I saw it and it's not the greatest movie ever, but it is pretty great.

    puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Did you guys know Scott Pilgrim is from Toronto?

    4903340205_dc2793b896_o.png

    :winky:

    I am in a Photoshopy mood.

    redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    CCF23CCF23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You're not doing a good job of making me want to see the movie putting that shit in a fucking Leafs jersey...

    CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • Options
    remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ok.. So.. I'm just laying this out here.. Everytime from here out, that this movie gets mentioned in the thread, I'm delaying my viewing of it by 1 week..

    EDIT: If the thread title still contains a movie reference by noon tomorrow, that counts as a week right there.

    remlap13 on
  • Options
    CCF23CCF23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    remlap13 wrote: »
    Ok.. So.. I'm just laying this out here.. Everytime from here out, that this movie gets mentioned in the thread, I'm delaying my viewing of it by 1 week..

    EDIT: If the thread title still contains a movie reference by noon tomorrow, that counts as a week right there.

    This post is certified pure butter as spoken to the buttermancer by the butterlord.

    CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ugh. Fucking Facebook. I have to update my html code because they are making the tab pages smaller. Guess that gives me an excuse to give the final stats for NHL 10 Hotsteppers players. I should go back to NHL 09 and grab those too.

    redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
Sign In or Register to comment.