Options

[NHL 11] Bundle up when you take to the ice. You might get glitches.

• Options
    puffycowpuffycow Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hahaha. My videos were awesome. Remlap, weren't they!?

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    As much as I hate the fact that the title will be delaying my watching of the movie by a week, it cracks me up.

remlap13 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I'm going to put my dildo in your dick!!!!!

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    CCF23CCF23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    My dick is scared of you.

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I'ma put my dick in all your dicks once this game is released!

remlap13 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    OMG Frank you are deranged.

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    CCF23 wrote: »

Did you watch it? Hahaha..

BTW, let's get some more signups for Season 7:11

remlap13 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

I know not what you mean :mrgreen:

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    remlap13 wrote: »

Did you watch it? Hahaha..

BTW, let's get some more signups for Season 7:11

I watched maybe 2.6 seconds of it.

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Pussy.

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    BoogdudBoogdud Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So what's up with the HUT in the demo? Specifically, I mean I had two separate occasions where I advanced past the first round only to find that "one or more of your players is unable to play due to contract expiration" or some such. Problem being, the player with the expired contract is one of the goalies. It doesn't appear that you can trade, deal, etc. in the demo so.. wtf?

I'm sure it's just something I'm not getting. There isn't a whole lot of explaination about HUT in the demo.

Boogdud on
  • Options
    sockssocks Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You should not run into this problem unless you have a couple of failed attempts at the tournament with the same team. Basically, each player has a contract number assigned to them. In the demo, most players are around 5 or 6 games. Once this number runs out, you will not be able to use that player without applying another contract card to them. However, there are no contract cards in the demo. You will have to exit out of HUT and start over if players run out of contract in the demo.

socks on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    socks wrote: »
    You should not run into this problem unless you have a couple of failed attempts at the tournament with the same team. Basically, each player has a contract number assigned to them. In the demo, most players are around 5 or 6 games. Once this number runs out, you will not be able to use that player without applying another contract card to them. However, there are no contract cards in the demo. You will have to exit out of HUT and start over if players run out of contract in the demo.

That's kind of what I figured, but I exited out of every failed attempt back to the menu. Both times the goalie was Vokoun. Thing is, Miller (who was the starter) still had 5 or 6 games left, and Vokoun was at zero. Odd.

Boogdud on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I read some people had that issue as well. I haven't seen a fix, though.

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Are you saying that after backing out to the main menu and restarting with a fresh pack of cards players had a contract value of zero? I did not encounter this. Basically, if you get knocked out of the tournament after the first game, you should restart with a new pack of cards to avoid running out of contract.

socks on
  • Options
    truck-a-saurastruck-a-sauras Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    am I the only one bothered by the card layout? Why didn't they make the card design uniform. Some the name is running down the left side, others the name is at the top, then you have the special cards which has text so small you can't even tell who it is sometimes until you open the bio page. With the jumble of data back and forth on the card face when flipping through your collection it is just unwieldy and not user friendly.

truck-a-sauras on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
  • Options
    ValleoValleo Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    If you're talking about the cards i think you are, you can flip those special cards around and the back will display like the others (name running down the left side).

Valleo on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, that bothers me too... but it isn't a deal-breaker. I wish it was the same to make it easy on my eyes. I think they were trying to make them look like cards you buy in real life.

You can change the style by flipping the RS left or right. That helps a bit.

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    socks wrote: »
    Are you saying that after backing out to the main menu and restarting with a fresh pack of cards players had a contract value of zero? I did not encounter this. Basically, if you get knocked out of the tournament after the first game, you should restart with a new pack of cards to avoid running out of contract.

Sort of. I'm saying that after a loss, I flipped back to the main menu, restarted with a fresh pack of cards and after another a win in the first round, I couldn't continue because my goalie was out of contract.

I didn't check his number of games before the first game but it must have been "1", because after one game he was done.

Happened twice.

Boogdud on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Boogdud wrote: »

Sort of. I'm saying that after a loss, I flipped back to the main menu, restarted with a fresh pack of cards and after another a win in the first round, I couldn't continue because my goalie was out of contract.

I didn't check his number of games before the first game but it must have been "1", because after one game he was done.

Happened twice.

Ahh, I didn't encounter that. Weird. Does seem to be a bit of a bug. Although, you usually have two good goalies, so not much of an issue in the demo I guess.

socks on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/1401718.page

Post a picture of your receipt here and you could win a signed Blackhawks jersey!

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Who the hell would want that?

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Someone who wants to sell it for money?

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    or pee on it, light it on fire, and post it on youtube?

SHIT YES IM ENTERING.

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • Options
    WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'll enter and just send emails of myself wearing it to CCF with Chelsea's Dagger playing. I'd do it to Cody but he has suffered enough ... For now.

WilDPanthA05 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I'll enter and just send emails of myself wearing it to CCF with Chelsea's Dagger playing. I'd do it to Cody but he has suffered enough ... For now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXiM0adJ4Lc

Fuck the Hawks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjdERW3mfDQ

HIP CHECK CITYYYYYYYYYYYYY

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Do they have the part where he hits his goalie in the head with a stick?

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I didn't watch the whole thing.

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Neither did I, and it was more a joke.

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I hope he slays Luongo this season..

remlap13 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Some info about EAUHL. Looks good to me!

http://www.easports.com/blogs/inthecrease/post/slug/hockey-ultimate-team-you-asked-we-got-answers

EDIT:

The best thing I took from this is if you have a guy who retires, you can reuse him if you get another card. So say you train Hall to a 93, then he retires. If you get another Hall, you don't have to retrain him. You could if you wanted to, or you can use the 93 Hall from your collection. That's pretty nice.

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    puffycow wrote: »
    Some info about EAUHL. Looks good to me!

http://www.easports.com/blogs/inthecrease/post/slug/hockey-ultimate-team-you-asked-we-got-answers

EDIT:

The best thing I took from this is if you have a guy who retires, you can reuse him if you get another card. So say you train Hall to a 93, then he retires. If you get another Hall, you don't have to retrain him. You could if you wanted to, or you can use the 93 Hall from your collection. That's pretty nice.

Somehow I can't see that being the case.. It mentions in there that when you get a new card, it'll have a reset # of career games and contract games.. So could you not just train a player up to a 90, then find another card, and proceed to keep training him?

Or am I confused? Would the training cards stay on your retired guy? So this Hall card that has become a 93, is maxed out of training spots? Even when you get another copy of him?

remlap13 on
  • Options
    Masked_MulletMasked_Mullet Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Man what happened to the original hotsteppers I knew, not this COCKS DICKS LAWLS!

Masked_Mullet on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    We haven't played in a while, that's why Mullet haha. If you play with us I'll probably talk about violating your orifices.

And remlap, that's exactly what I meant. So your 93 Hall can no longer be trained. So you can start over with the new card OR take back your previously trained ones. I think this is probably done to counteract what we were talking about, how it is useless to buy stuff. Because if you buy more packs, eventually you'll get similar players who you already have beefed up.

Here is the quote that leads me to my conclusion:

"If you obtain another version of the same card you can then swap the new one for the one currently in your collection or team or replace the retired version of the card in your collection and use that player again."

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    We haven't played in a while, that's why Mullet haha. If you play with us I'll probably talk about violating your orifices.

And remlap, that's exactly what I meant. So your 93 Hall can no longer be trained. So you can start over with the new card OR take back your previously trained ones. I think this is probably done to counteract what we were talking about, how it is useless to buy stuff. Because if you buy more packs, eventually you'll get similar players who you already have beefed up.

"If you obtain another version of the same card you can then swap the new one for the one currently in your collection or team or replace the retired version of the card in your collection and use that player again."

Ohhh ok.. Ya that makes sense.. It gives you a chance to "start fresh" if you so choose, which is kind of nice actually..

And Mullet.. So you mean the Hotsteppers were boring before?

remlap13 on
  • Options
    Masked_MulletMasked_Mullet Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Ha alright, So when the new pa league starts does this mean were gonna play the card game? or an actual season. Cause when if you do im in for the season.

Masked_Mullet on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Ha alright, So when the new pa league starts does this mean were gonna play the card game? or an actual season. Cause when if you do im in for the season.

There's no way that we can all play the card game specifically together. I'm sure all 3 avenues of the game will be played.

1) We're going to have an EASHL "Hotsteppers" team again.

2) We're still going to run 1 vs 1 seasons.

3) I imagine that all of us are going to play a shit-load of UHL.

remlap13 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Remlap wins 1,000,000 cookies for being right.

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • Options
    JawaJawa Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    This is relevant to the dicks discussion several pages ago but it has been a few days since I've said anything so here we go http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Docking+

Also, I'm going to agree and say that the cards are pretty hard to read, it might just be my TV but I would have liked being able to sort the cards based on different criteria (leagues, player types, positions) to make organizing lines a little easier. I just feel like the interface is a little difficult to manage at times, but I guess you can only do so much for an interface on a console.

I do like the addition of TWF"s and TWD's, are these player types going to be added in EASHL

Jawa on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I am not sure. I heard they took out the dangler, so we should have anyone moving ridiculously quick.

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg