Options

PAX Schedule is now available!

• Options
    SaraidSaraid Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    mentok1982 wrote: »
    Bump to ask my question again.

Are the Expo hall hours the same from last year?
    EXHIBIT HALL HOURS
    Friday, Sept 4th, 2009 - 10am to 7pm
    Saturday, Sept 5th, 2009 - 10am to 6pm
    Sunday, Sept 6th, 2009 - 10am to 6pm
    Yes, those are the same hours. 7/6/6.

Saraid on
  • Options
    ndotondoto Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    killtrip wrote: »
    If anyone is interested, I put the schedule in a series of Google Calendars tonight. Each theater is in its own calendar. I've made them public, so you should be able to access them, but as this is really my first time utilizing public calendars, lemme know if I set the access correctly.
    Oh my gosh killtrip you are my new best friend, seriously. This is so freaking useful thank you SO MUCH for making this.

I thought I'd add this here as well: if anyone has an iPhone and uses Google Sync to sync their iPhone calendar with their Google Calendar, you can get these calendars to sync with your phone with a couple steps. By default Google Sync only syncs your "main" Google Calendar to your phone, but it actually has the option of syncing up to 25 calendars. After adding killtrip's calendars to your Google Calendars account, you can navigate to http://m.google.com/sync on your phone and login with your Google account (if you aren't already). Select your device from the list, and you'll be presented with a list of calendars you can sync. After you save an exit it may take a few minutes for your iPhone to resync with the new calendars, but when it does you can go into your Calendar app and it'll even keep the events color-coded based on their source calendars (i.e., by room/location).

Maybe this is old hat and stuff, but it was new to me so I thought I'd share! The best part about doing it this way, IMHO, is that you can then go into edit events that you're interested in and set up alerts for them so your iPhone will let you know when something you wanted to attend is coming up. I very much like ExpoJunkie and still plan on using it this year, but I personally just love the idea of being able to get all my alerts this way, and killtrip really did do a fantastic job on these calendars. :^:

ndoto on
    3DS: 4038-6001-4289
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    AltDelete wrote: »
    From Acquisitions Inc Description:
    through the magic of TECHNOLOGY the audience influences the game! Bring your cell phone or DS and guide Jim Darkmagic, Binwin Bronzebottom, and Omin Dran to riches or ruin.

WHAAA

Probably using that texting stuff that was in the line room last year.

skettios on
  • Options
    Mr PMSMr PMS Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Maybe I missed the answer somewhere to this already, and forgive me if I did.

But with the Rock Band 3 panel taking place in a separate section than the initial queue room, will they also be handing out concert wrist bands?

Mr PMS on
  • Options
    JediknightkarlJediknightkarl Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Wristbands are for queue room and main hall lines only.....i think

Jediknightkarl on
    damn...bit my tongue....i hate that.
  • Options
    PS3ninjaPS3ninja Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Where's Bungie?

PS3ninja on
  • Options
    TheDarkKnightTheDarkKnight Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Is there going to be a Booth location map made? I want to see The Old Republic which I believe is in Booth 152 but the number does not reflect the maps on the WSCC website.

TheDarkKnight on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited August 2010
    Yes there will be. It will be in the PAX booklet you get at PAX, and likely posted online beforehand.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    killtripkilltrip Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ndoto wrote: »
    killtrip wrote: »
    If anyone is interested, I put the schedule in a series of Google Calendars tonight. Each theater is in its own calendar. I've made them public, so you should be able to access them, but as this is really my first time utilizing public calendars, lemme know if I set the access correctly.
    Oh my gosh killtrip you are my new best friend, seriously. This is so freaking useful thank you SO MUCH for making this.
    I very much like ExpoJunkie and still plan on using it this year, but I personally just love the idea of being able to get all my alerts this way, and killtrip really did do a fantastic job on these calendars. :^:

Awww shucks.. yer makin me blush.. :P

Anything to make the experience a little easier for my fellow PAXers.. :)

killtrip on
    twitter: @killtrip
  • Options
    Mr PMSMr PMS Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Wristbands are for queue room and main hall lines only.....i think
    That just might make things very problamatic for my group and I. We want to go to the panel and get there early, but we also do not want to miss out of the (in our opinion) the better concert lineup.

D:

Mr PMS on
  • Options
    RaymanRayman Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    I just noticed like 3 panels on the Grid that are not posted on the schedule page with info. Bah!

And one posted twice, two separate times/locations.
    Saturday, 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM, Pegasus Theatre
    Wil Wheaton

Saturday, 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM, Pegasus Theatre
    Scott and Kris After Hours

Saturday, 10:00 PM - 1:30 AM, Serpent Theatre

EDIT: Noticed like 4 more. Strange...

Including this, which I must attend:
    Friday, 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM, Serpent Theatre
    A Live Demonstration of RAGE

Ok, I must be losing my mind. When I look on Saturday on the grid or written page of panels I do not see Wil Wheaton. Am I just blind? a little help please...

Rayman on
  • Options
    BoomShakeBoomShake The Engineer Columbia, MDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    DAMNIT! The Bungie panel is 10-11am Saturday. I was planning on going to Make-A-Strip. UGH! Decisions!

BoomShake on
  • Options
    GoosecheckaGoosechecka Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    BoomShake wrote: »
    DAMNIT! The Bungie panel is 10-11am Saturday. I was planning on going to Make-A-Strip. UGH! Decisions!

You're telling me! The two hours that media is supposed to get in early on Saturday, I will probably be spending in line for the Bungie panel. Kind of defeats the purpose of the extra 2 hours... :(

Goosechecka on
  • Options
    RaymanRayman Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Rayman wrote: »
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    I just noticed like 3 panels on the Grid that are not posted on the schedule page with info. Bah!

And one posted twice, two separate times/locations.
    Saturday, 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM, Pegasus Theatre
    Wil Wheaton

Saturday, 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM, Pegasus Theatre

Saturday, 10:00 PM - 1:30 AM, Serpent Theatre

EDIT: Noticed like 4 more. Strange...

Including this, which I must attend:

Friday, 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM, Serpent Theatre
    A Live Demonstration of RAGE

Ok, I must be losing my mind. When I look on Saturday on the grid or written page of panels I do not see Wil Wheaton. Am I just blind? a little help please...

nevermind, its there now...reading is fundamental...

Rayman on
  • Options
    jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Renton, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The two hours that media is supposed to get in early on Saturday, I will probably be spending in line for the Bungie panel. Kind of defeats the purpose of the extra 2 hours... :(
    1 hour early Expo Hall entry for Media on Saturday. It's on the document that is given to the WSCC security; it should also be on the Media packet that was/will be sent to you. This is the same as last year.

jaberwockynmt on
    --Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
  • Options
    GoosecheckaGoosechecka Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    1 hour, my apology. It's too bad they changed the early entry day, it worked so well last year.

Goosechecka on
  • Options
    basicallygeekbasicallygeek Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sad that the Star Wars Games panel ends just 15 minutes before Wheaatooon's on Saturday.

basicallygeek on
  • Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Anyone have a schedule for the MTG games yet? I haven't seen one yet, nor on WotC site yet

deveric on
  • Options
    VanusVanus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    deveric wrote: »
    Anyone have a schedule for the MTG games yet? I haven't seen one yet, nor on WotC site yet

Go to the schedule portion of the main PAX site, and on the left side, click on "WotC schedule"

Vanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Vanus wrote: »
    deveric wrote: »

Go to the schedule portion of the main PAX site, and on the left side, click on "WotC schedule"

:^: thanks a lot! My old eyes were missing things

deveric on
  • Options
    jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Renton, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    1 hour, my apology. It's too bad they changed the early entry day, it worked so well last year.
    Last year was 1h on Saturday too. In 08, it was Friday. Saturday is better for the exhibitors, so that's why the extra hour is on Saturday.

jaberwockynmt on
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
  • Options
    Gene ParmesanGene Parmesan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    That schedule gives me my 3 favorite podcast everyday. Ginatbomb, Idle Thumbs and above all brodeo reunion, apart from that maybe a Q n A panel or something, but those are my 3 must go to.

Gene Parmesan on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    After reviewing the WotC schedule, kinda disappointed in the lack of standard magic events. Oh well, guess I need to decide between the only standard event and D&D panel. Blah

deveric on
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Also regarding WotC: Anyone know which (if) artists will be attending?

akjak on
    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    BuraisuBuraisu Psychomancer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    contrefait wrote: »
    The first five rounds were announced ahead of time in 08 & 09. Any specific reason they wouldn't be for 10?
    It's a question of whether or not we want to expect the Omeganauts to practice the games ahead of time. There are differing views on that.
    I am glad they are not announcing them early, that way poor college students don't have to run out and buy/rent stuff to practice. :D Always felt like a problem to me if I ever made it in.

Buraisu on
    47uk6agplx83.png
  • Options
    contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    But you should know someone that does have the various items that you can borrow.

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • Options
    BuraisuBuraisu Psychomancer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I don't know people, I am a hermit gamer.

Buraisu on
    47uk6agplx83.png
  • Options
    jbraggjbragg Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So, my friends say I should put this up. I kept having a hard time looking at the outlook calender and missing things, so last weekend I redid it using a 'lolla' type format. It just lets me see things a little easier. For most this is probably useless, but for some maybe it'll help them with their plans. Thanks for your time. [Link]

jbragg on
    "Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your home." - Good Omens"
  • Options
    adesteradester Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    jbragg wrote: »
    So, my friends say I should put this up. I kept having a hard time looking at the outlook calender and missing things, so last weekend I redid it using a 'lolla' type format. It just lets me see things a little easier. For most this is probably useless, but for some maybe it'll help them with their plans. Thanks for your time. [Link]

Wow. Nice. :^:

adester on
  • Options
    MaxSteeleMaxSteele Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The two hours that media is supposed to get in early on Saturday, I will probably be spending in line for the Bungie panel. Kind of defeats the purpose of the extra 2 hours... :(
    1 hour early Expo Hall entry for Media on Saturday. It's on the document that is given to the WSCC security; it should also be on the Media packet that was/will be sent to you. This is the same as last year.

In the interest of alleviating confusion, there is no media packet this year. I have asked this of the media contact for PAX and received that response.

MaxSteele on
  • Options
    HakkinslashHakkinslash Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    jbragg wrote: »
    This is awesome! I do not have a very organized mind and this will help me a great amount! Thanks jbragg :^:

Hakkinslash on
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I scrolled really quickly through the thread, but work is over and I gotta bail and don't have the opportunity to read more thoroughly for my answer to:

How does lining up for concert bracelets work? When is it? The official schedule says: "Wristbands granting priority access to this event will be given out Friday morning to those at the front of the WSCC and Main Theatre lines, with the remaining seats being given away on a first-come, first-serve basis."

But like, WHEN Friday morning? I'm trying to figure out my schedule and when I should get up, get out, and get in line.

Also, for folks who show up without wristbands, is it a lost cause?

Imperfect on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Imperfect wrote: »
    I scrolled really quickly through the thread, but work is over and I gotta bail and don't have the opportunity to read more thoroughly for my answer to:

How does lining up for concert bracelets work? When is it? The official schedule says: "Wristbands granting priority access to this event will be given out Friday morning to those at the front of the WSCC and Main Theatre lines, with the remaining seats being given away on a first-come, first-serve basis."

But like, WHEN Friday morning? I'm trying to figure out my schedule and when I should get up, get out, and get in line.

Also, for folks who show up without wristbands, is it a lost cause?
    The first 1000 people in each of the two lines. The wristbands will be given out to those people sometime before 1000. You can start lining up in each location at 0800.
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=16315882#post16315882
    The Friday morning entrance lines give wristbands for the Friday concert. The Saturday morning lines give wristbands for the Saturday concert.

jaberwockynmt on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Now, if I head over to the lineup at 0800, will I actually get in the lineup? Or is there a pre-lineup lineup?

(Dude, I just watched the Apple iPhone4 launch. These things WORRY me.)

Imperfect on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Now, if I head over to the lineup at 0800, will I actually get in the lineup? Or is there a pre-lineup lineup?
    Before 0800, there won't be any sort of line. There may be some sort of glob of people, but if they are inside the WSCC they will be dispersed (I think). Milling about outside of the buildings might be considered loitering, but I'm not sure. The exact story of what will happen before 0800 Friday and Saturday is unclear to me.

At 0800, doors will open to let people get in line at the two sites. If you arrive at 0800, you'll get in one of the lines. You'll probably also be one of the first 1000 people in line, so you'll get a wristband for that night's concert.

jaberwockynmt on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I can probably handle this. I'll probably be up at 6am just scratching at the door to be let out anyway.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    If standing outside is not permitted, we could always jog around the building until 8 :P, get some warm-ups going before our long journeys of walking.

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Another question - is there any benefit to keeping to one theatre? I notice that generally there's a half-hour between panels, is this enough time to jump back in line, or is the travel time between theatres not enough to really make a difference?

Imperfect on
  • Options
    UpthornUpthorn Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I can probably handle this. I'll probably be up at 6am just scratching at the door to be let out anyway.
    If standing outside is not permitted, we could always jog around the building until 8 :P, get some warm-ups going before our long journeys of walking.

Pardon me for saying so, but this sounds like a dick thing to do to the people who want to have a chance at those concert wristbands, and also want to be able to, say, sleep off a hangover from the tri-wizard drinking tournament, or get a halfway decent amount of sleep after a late arriving flight, or just want not to have to line up outside hours before the doors even open to ensure they have a chance.

Especially if you have to circumvent the spirit of a "no loitering" rule in order to do so.

Last year they specifically asked people not to start waiting before 8 AM. This year I guess they figured they could trust us to be reasonable with it. Please don't prove them wrong.

Upthorn on
  • Options
    adesteradester Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Upthorn wrote: »

Pardon me for saying so, but this sounds like a dick thing to do to the people who want to have a chance at those concert wristbands, and also want to be able to, say, sleep off a hangover from the tri-wizard drinking tournament, or get a halfway decent amount of sleep after a late arriving flight, or just want not to have to line up outside hours before the doors even open to ensure they have a chance.

Especially if you have to circumvent the spirit of a "no loitering" rule in order to do so.

Last year they specifically asked people not to start waiting before 8 AM. This year I guess they figured they could trust us to be reasonable with it. Please don't prove them wrong.

I remember seeing somewhere in the forums where they did ask for everyone not to show before actual show up time.

adester on
This discussion has been closed.