Options

PAX Schedule is now available!

124»

• Options
    WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    No one can take a :P these days... I'll just wait near the hotel room door pretending it's the grand entrance to the main theater or WSCC, whichever comes first.

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Renton, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Imperfect wrote: »
    Another question - is there any benefit to keeping to one theatre? I notice that generally there's a half-hour between panels, is this enough time to jump back in line, or is the travel time between theaters not enough to really make a difference?
    The Main Theatre is generally not clearing between events. The 5 Satellite Theatres are clearing between every event. If you're in a panel in one of the sat theatres, when the panel ends, you'll have to leave the room. The line for the next panel will have already formed and may be full/closed. If it is full, you'll have to go somewhere else. The schedule is staggered so as to help this, but if there's something you REALLY want to see, you might not be able to see the panels in that theatre or other theatres that end shortly before the one you want starts.

Regarding the distance between the theatres:
    Main Theatre is Benaroya Hall, which is 5 blocks West of WSCC on 3rd Ave,
    Pegasus is in the Sheraton, which is just across 7th Ave from WSCC,
    Serpent, Unicorn, and Wolfman are on floor 6 of WSCC (all pretty close to each other), and
    Raven is on floor 3 of WSCC.

The locations I mentioned above are all in the headings of the Schedule Grid.

jaberwockynmt on
    --Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
  • Options
    WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Upthorn wrote: »
    Imperfect wrote: »
    I can probably handle this. I'll probably be up at 6am just scratching at the door to be let out anyway.
    If standing outside is not permitted, we could always jog around the building until 8 :P, get some warm-ups going before our long journeys of walking.

Pardon me for saying so, but this sounds like a dick thing to do to the people who want to have a chance at those concert wristbands, and also want to be able to, say, sleep off a hangover from the tri-wizard drinking tournament, or get a halfway decent amount of sleep after a late arriving flight, or just want not to have to line up outside hours before the doors even open to ensure they have a chance.

Especially if you have to circumvent the spirit of a "no loitering" rule in order to do so.

Last year they specifically asked people not to start waiting before 8 AM. This year I guess they figured they could trust us to be reasonable with it. Please don't prove them wrong.

Another additional question, is what for the BYOC lines? I believe they said 7 at the latest to start lining people up for that; but what about the maximum time to start lining up for that?

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    BoomShakeBoomShake The Engineer Columbia, MDRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Shane Bettenhausen just tweeted
    RT: ex-1up PAX PRIME panel this Friday: 2:00-3:30 PM Pegasus Theater. Lots and lots of familiar faces will be there without pants.

Paxsite still shows stuff scheduled from 1-2 and from 2:30-3:30 on Friday in Pegasus. Are they removing those two in favor of sweet a 1up reunion?

EDIT:
    Schedule just updated. Community Manager stuff was removed. 1up added from 2:20-3:30. Woo!

BoomShake on
This discussion has been closed.