As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Unofficial Android App (Current Vr: 1.2.2: Custom events and maps!)

• Options
    nickswarnickswar Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    GeeCee wrote: »
    The update is not working on my HTC Desire at all. :( When I try to go to 'Event Schedule', I get the force close message sometimes after, but other times it is just blank. The schedule grids but the maps just dump me back at the maps menu after it gives the 'Please wait' message.

Oh no! With the schedule part, are you sure you aren't clicking "My Schedule"? The my schedule screen looks exactly like the event schedule except it's blank if there are no events added. I'll see if I can fix the force close problem. With the maps, there were some memory issues but I thought I fixed them. I'll see if I can break the app on my emulator.

Edit: Just saw your edit :P. At least the schedule is working. For the maps I hate to do the fix this way, but I might end up making it reduce the map resolution until it works.

nickswar on
  • Options
    Big GuyBig Guy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Just an fyi. I'm having the same issues with the maps on my droid x after the update.

Big Guy on
    Survivor of PAX '06 (BALL!), PAX '07 (Don't be a Dick), PAX '08 (Bad Horse), PAX '09 (H1Nerd1), PAX '10
  • Options
    Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Same map problem on my X10. Everything else works beautifully, though.

Jenny_Spaghetti on
  • Options
    GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I ended up rooting my Desire tonight and installing LeeDroid 2.2. Everything works properly now, including the maps.

I WAS on the stock Telus rom on 2.1.

GeeCee on
  • Options
    burnttoast45burnttoast45 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Thanks for the screenshots. Looks great. Nicely done!

burnttoast45 on
  • Options
    basicallygeekbasicallygeek Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Grids work fine on HTC Incredible. Event Schedule not so much, I usually get a Force Close, sometimes a blank screen, once it worked and looked great. Maps don't work at all.

basicallygeek on
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Grids work fine on HTC Incredible. Event Schedule not so much, I usually get a Force Close, sometimes a blank screen, once it worked and looked great. Maps don't work at all.

On my Incredible maps give the loading screen, then a quick black screen, then kick you back to the menu. Grids work fine 99% of the time, once it did the loading then kick back to menu. Event Schedule works 50% of the time for me, other 50% is a FC (of the viewer it looks like, not the app proper). It also likes to show the patch notes screen frequently.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    ptriz21_teamkillptriz21_teamkill Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I rooted and put 2.2 Skyraider-Vanilla on my Incredible and the app worked before and after the update.

People are worried about the maps not working. I'm still getting "Coming Soon!" message. Are the maps supposed to be working now?

ptriz21_teamkill on
    3DS: 3325-2059-2105
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I've been trying to replicate the errors, but I have had no luck seeing any of the errors you guys are getting. On the droid 2 and 6 different versions of the emulator it all seems to be working fine. The only thing I can think of is that it's doing something strange on updates. For those with problems, try uninstalling the app then reinstall. Let me know if that works. (And yeah, maps should not display coming soon)

nickswar on
  • Options
    mindSetmindSet Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    working great on my X

mindSet on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    No change after uninstall/reinstall.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    BitTWistBitTWist Kitsap CountyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Works great on my Evo

BitTWist on
    3DS:2552-1222-3225 / PSN:BitTwist
  • Options
    qwhackerqwhacker Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    i had a couple crashes at first, but after i rebooted its been working perfectly.

(samsung galaxy s vibrant)

qwhacker on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    skarsol wrote: »

Weird. Uninstall/reinstall fixed everything on my Incredible except the maps, which still give the black screen and then kick back to the menu. Grids word, schedules work.

basicallygeek on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Ok, I just put a small temporary fix up for people having trouble with the maps. It's up on the market now.

Weird. Uninstall/reinstall fixed everything on my Incredible except the maps, which still give the black screen and then kick back to the menu. Grids word, schedules work.

That's really strange that the grids work but maps don't. I used the same exact code to run both of them. Try running this new update and see if it gives you a "Scaled by a factor of X" message.

nickswar on
  • Options
    createacatcreateacat CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    A+ runs great on my evo!

createacat on
    https://twitter.com/createacat1
    PAX Prime Attendee: '10, '11, '12, '13 / PAX East Attendee: / PAX Aus Attendee:

My Digital Pin Lanyard
  • Options
    Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Reinstall fixed the map problem on my X10. YAY! :D

***EDIT*** Oh, but when I get a status bar alert (like a caledar item reminder or an email or text) it pops me back to the map menu. And yes, I get the low memory/refactoring notice.

Jenny_Spaghetti on
  • Options
    ShigglesShiggles Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Awesome app! :)
    Everything works on the htc incredible, except the Expo 1 & 2 maps. It returns to the map menu screen instead of displaying them. :(
    I <3 the my schedule part. Helpful schedule is helpful.
    Thanks for making this nickswar. :mrgreen:

EDIT: No change after uninstall/reinstall.

Shiggles on
  • Options
    TeknotronicTeknotronic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Maps work great on my Moment running stock 2.1 rooted.

Schedule grids also load up just fine.

When going into My Schedule and clicking a day, it will force close about 90% of the time. After it force closes it takes me back to the day selection, I can then select days and it wont force close. Upon moving back to the main menu it launches the patch note screen (I assume because the app restarted), if I go back into My Schedule it will force close again.

I don't however have anything ON my schedule yet, so that could be the cause. I am going to play around with adding some things to it and see if it makes any difference.

It did this prior to the latest update, but I don't recall it doing it with the pre-map version.

I have not uninstalled/re-installed yet.

Teknotronic on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    nickswar wrote: »
    Ok, I just put a small temporary fix up for people having trouble with the maps. It's up on the market now.

This did the trick.

The app is now amazing. Everything is great

ptriz21_teamkill on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    No change. Maps don't work and no message. Get an occasional force close on event schedules but works 90% of the time. My Schedule working. I can live without maps, it's still a great help to have the schedules on the phone.

basicallygeek on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    If there is anyone out there who knows a little bit about the Android SDK and is getting strange errors, it would be great if you could run logcat and tell me what the stack trace says! Then I might be able to get to the bottom of this. I guess the downside to Android is that there is so much hardware to check :P.

nickswar on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Just updated it on my Droid and everything has worked fine so far. I am curious about one thing however. When I first ran the app after the update, I saw on the update list that we are able to add our own events to My Schedule, but I'm not seeing any way to do that.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    That's really strange that the grids work but maps don't. I used the same exact code to run both of them. Try running this new update and see if it gives you a "Scaled by a factor of X" message.

Installed .3 and rebooted. Grids worked 19/20 tries. Maps worked 0/10. No "Scaled" messages. No more FCs though, so yay! :)

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Installed .3 and rebooted. Grids worked 19/20 tries. Maps worked 0/10. No "Scaled" messages. No more FCs though, so yay! :)

Well that's kind of good!
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    Just updated it on my Droid and everything has worked fine so far. I am curious about one thing however. When I first ran the app after the update, I saw on the update list that we are able to add our own events to My Schedule, but I'm not seeing any way to do that.

Just looked at what I wrote on the update, maybe I should rephrase it. I meant that you have the ability to add events from the "Event Schedule" into "My Schedule".

nickswar on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Aww, I was looking forward to adding my own events. :P

No worries though, everything is working fine and the app is still beyond awesome. It will be extremely helpful.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    AverageToasterAverageToaster Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    anychance of multi-touch for the map?

AverageToaster on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    anychance of multi-touch for the map?

Because of all the trouble with the maps, I'm working on re-implementing it. This new version will have something like a multi-touch pinch zoom, but with one finger.

nickswar on
  • Options
    contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Works great on my nexus one.

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • Options
    KjeldorKjeldor Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    If there is anyone out there who knows a little bit about the Android SDK and is getting strange errors, it would be great if you could run logcat and tell me what the stack trace says! Then I might be able to get to the bottom of this. I guess the downside to Android is that there is so much hardware to check :P.

i'll play around with it on a droid (and a G1 and Incredible if I can get my hands on them), if I run into any errors i'll grab the log info. this only adds to my desire to replace my ATT Fuze/Touch Pro with an Incredible before PAX, but I can't bring myself to pay the $90 or so ETF on my account.

Kjeldor on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Kjeldor wrote: »

i'll play around with it on a droid (and a G1 and Incredible if I can get my hands on them), if I run into any errors i'll grab the log info. this only adds to my desire to replace my ATT Fuze/Touch Pro with an Incredible before PAX, but I can't bring myself to pay the $90 or so ETF on my account.

Great, thanks! The Incredible does look like a nice phone, but I don't think I would shell out the extra money either.

nickswar on
  • Options
    GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    FWIW I've heard that 0.2 works fine on Motorola Droids.

GeeCee on
  • Options
    peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    peetsnack on
    7B14287.png
  • Options
    tektek meh... WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Just updated to latest on the market, and haven't had a single issue.. ^5

tek on
  • Options
    nyklonnyklon Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    updated just now. like the new features. using an incredible

going to expo 1 or 2 maps tries to open then goes back to maps list no visible error just the be patient screen then back to the map selection screen.

noticed that when i went to my events before putting any panel in my events it would crash. once i put a panel into my events it was fine.

Thanks!!!

nyklon on
  • Options
    stembystemby NASA Lead Internal Video Editor Houston, TxRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Looks good so far on my DroidX

stemby on
  • Options
    AlphonsisAlphonsis Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Works beautifully on Evo.

I know you just released an update, but is it possible to get maps of the floors as well? Mainly for navigating to panels and such.

Thanks!

Alphonsis on
    vhkbviT.png
  • Options
    61Ranchero61Ranchero Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Second that; works great on my EVO.

61Ranchero on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    FYI I was looking through the event schedule and marking all the omegathon events into my schedule. I couldn't find round 2. I looked at the schedule grids and found that Round 2 is on Saturday morning. I confirmed that this wasn't listed in the event schedule.

ptriz21_teamkill on
  • Options
    contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    FYI I was looking through the event schedule and marking all the omegathon events into my schedule. I couldn't find round 2. I looked at the schedule grids and found that Round 2 is on Saturday morning. I confirmed that this wasn't listed in the event schedule.

It was mentioned in the schedule thread that Round 2 is not occurring in one of the theaters. It is occurring on the Freeplay stage. 3:30 PM Friday.

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
This discussion has been closed.