As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] [Chat]: Rock is Revamped, Scissors gets Scissors Power, Paper is NYI

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    captaink wrote: »
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    So checking the talent trees again, sub-rogues still have zero points of leeway in order to perform in PvE and can't even get all of the talents they want.

A huge problem causing this is the fact that they still use fucking backstab as their bread-and-butter attack, and a 30% crit boost to backstab is in tier 2 of the ass tree.

We have that here. We have a highway called Highway 6, and where it intersects another road called FM 529, there are literally two Gamestops within sight distance of each other. I went to get a copy of Metroid Prime Triliogy, before Nintendo stopped selling it, and I went to the wrong one, and had a 5 minuter "Huh? What? I just called you..." conversation with one of the attendants before he was like "oh, you must have called the Gamestop right over there". I was like "Right over where?", he goes "Literally, right over there, you can see it from here".

I just looked at him for a second then said thanks and headed over there.

The three Gamestops I'm talking about is I-45 and Bay Area Blvd down in Clear Lake. Though you can't see them from one another.

Yah, my best friend lives right near Ellington, about five miles from there. Are you talking about the two outside the mall and then the one inside Baybrook?

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So checking the talent trees again, sub-rogues still have zero points of leeway in order to perform in PvE and can't even get all of the talents they want.

A huge problem causing this is the fact that they still use fucking backstab as their bread-and-butter attack, and a 30% crit boost to backstab is in tier 2 of the ass tree.

We have that here. We have a highway called Highway 6, and where it intersects another road called FM 529, there are literally two Gamestops within sight distance of each other. I went to get a copy of Metroid Prime Triliogy, before Nintendo stopped selling it, and I went to the wrong one, and had a 5 minuter "Huh? What? I just called you..." conversation with one of the attendants before he was like "oh, you must have called the Gamestop right over there". I was like "Right over where?", he goes "Literally, right over there, you can see it from here".

The three Gamestops I'm talking about is I-45 and Bay Area Blvd down in Clear Lake. Though you can't see them from one another.

Yah, my best friend lives right near Ellington, about five miles from there. Are you talking about the two outside the mall and then the one inside Baybrook?

Yup. Craziness.

I don't get it, because Starbucks in that small of an area would have a volume of customers that justifies their opening more. A video game store? No.

captaink on
    edited August 2010

Yup. Craziness.

I don't get it, because Starbucks in that small of an area would have a volume of customers that justifies their opening more. A video game store? No.

I hate going south of the Sam Houston on 45. The traffic stacks up so bad right there. Is Clear Lake really booming that big, or does 45 just need to be widened?

I live in Katy, and Katy is not nearly that obnoxious since I-10 was widened.

GnomeTank on
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    edited August 2010

Yup. Craziness.

I hate going south of the Sam Houston on 45. The traffic stacks up so bad right there. Is Clear Lake really booming that big, or does 45 just need to be widened?

Some of both I guess. They built a bypass that goes straight to NASA, but that only helped a little.

captaink on
  • Basren DragonsnackBasren Dragonsnack Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Yup. Craziness.

I went to school in College Station. The ridiculously close gamestops I'm talking about are up in Dallas though.

Maybe its a Texas thing.

Basren Dragonsnack on
    PSN: Scotty85
  • AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Nah, here in IL there's a city about 45 min away from where I live that has 4 gamestops within about 3 miles or so. One in the mall, one right outside the mall with its own building, another one in a building across the street from the mall with a few other stores and one about 2 miles down the road. I was looking for the LoZ: Master Quest and I stopped by all of the stores and found it in the one down the road after I checked the first three.

Aeyther on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hmm, we have some close together Gamestops here in PA too.

In the closest mall to me there are two Gamestops (it's a two story mall, and there's one on each story).

In the shopping center across the street there's a third one.

Then, about 10 minutes down the road is a fourth one.

Nobody on
  • LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    At least when the close together gamestops are inside/outside a mall it kind of makes sense - you get customers outside who are specifically going to a gamestop and don't want to go into a mall, while the mall gets people doing multiple stops / foot traffic. But when two outside stores are across the street from each other I don't even understand how they make money.

LockeCole on
    edited August 2010

Yup. Craziness.

Some of both I guess. They built a bypass that goes straight to NASA, but that only helped a little.

Ah yes, I loved when they were doing the bypass construction. In their infinite wisdom, they just shifted the highway over to the shoulder, but didn't bother to fill in the rumble strips. This was wonderful on my mid profile, high performance sports tires. Teach me to buy a sports car in Texas.

GnomeTank on
    edited August 2010
    LockeCole wrote: »
    At least when the close together gamestops are inside/outside a mall it kind of makes sense - you get customers outside who are specifically going to a gamestop and don't want to go into a mall, while the mall gets people doing multiple stops / foot traffic. But when two outside stores are across the street from each other I don't even understand how they make money.

They bank on the laziness of the customer. If I'm going one way on the street, I'll stop at one, and vice versa. That has to be it.

GnomeTank on
    edited August 2010

Yup. Craziness.

Ah yes, I loved when they were doing the bypass construction. In their infinite wisdom, they just shifted the highway over to the shoulder, but didn't bother to fill in the rumble strips. This was wonderful on my mid profile, high performance sports tires. Teach me to buy a sports car in Texas.

You will drive a truck and you will like it.

captaink on
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    To be fair, at least one of the nearby stores was probably an EB once upon a time. And both stores coexisted then. At least that's the way it is up here, with our 1 store in the mall and 1 (roughly) across the street.

Doctor Detroit on
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Dalaran has 4 Gamestops.

Bobble on
    edited August 2010

Yup. Craziness.

You say that like it's funny, but with the shitty roads in Houston, I wonder. For instance, the rear camber arms on my car are bent because of the roads around here. It would cost me a cool grand to put adjustable camber arms on it to fix the problem. Instead, I just drive with a slight tilt to my wheel. Fun. And yes, the car is in alignment...as much as it can be with bent rear camber arms.

GnomeTank on
    edited August 2010

Yup. Craziness.

You say that like it's funny, but with the shitty roads in Houston, I wonder. For instance, the rear camber arms on my car are bent because of the roads around here. It would cost me a cool grand to put adjustable camber arms on it to fix the problem. Instead, I just drive with a slight tilt to my wheel. Fun. And yes, the car is in alignment...as much as it can be with bent rear camber arms.

Driving a truck is also less likely to get you squashed by the other trucks and SUVs and all the other omnipresent huge vehicles that drive aggressively.

captaink on
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Bobble wrote: »

This is approximately the same as Blizzard's attention span with regards to sub rogues.
    Ahahahaha

forty on
  • grrarggrrarg Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ravenholdt is having the 24 hour maintenance today. How did that work for servers that already had it? Did they come up on time? Or should I find something else to do until Friday? Not likely since it is raining outside and I've already cleaned my house until it sparkles, including shampooing the carpets.

grrarg on
  • NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    When are servers ever up on time? ;)

And usually when they do go back online, it's always uber laggy for that evening (atleast that's been my experience).

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
    edited August 2010
    Jesus, the haste rating on your priest is out of control Neyla. You do know that's way, way over the 800 rating soft cap right?

Though, I guess at your GS, a lot of your haste is probably on the gear itself and there isn't much you can do to shuffle it.

(e: Actually, looking at your profile, why wouldn't you drop that haste trinket for like Purified Lunar Dust and get more SP?)

GnomeTank on
  • DigitalSynDigitalSyn Dr Digital Cumming, GARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Someone talk some sense into me. I am thinking about resubbing... TALK ME OUT OF IT.

DigitalSyn on
    Xbox360: D1G1T4LSYN ( Yes, those are numbers. )
    PSNID: DigitalX86
    Nintendo ID: digitalsyn
    3DS Friend Code: 5300 - 9726 - 6963
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/D1G1T4LSYN/
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    DigitalSyn wrote: »
    Someone talk some sense into me. I am thinking about resubbing... TALK ME OUT OF IT.
    There's pretty much no point in playing until 4.0. :^:

edit: in terms of new content, etc.

815165 on
    edited August 2010
    The game fucking sucks right now and will continue to be stagnant as hell for the next 3 months.

forty on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

Unless you're resubbing for a specific reason, i.e. to play with friends, you might as well wait for Catalysm. I know on Windrunner, the rare times I log in these days, guilds are hurting for attendees for raids, the guilds that are even bothering anymore. Everyone is either in full on farm mode or are just grabbing warm bodies...or just taking breaks waiting for the xpack.

2 years is a long ass time to play the same content over and over. Hell, even ICC has been out for like 8-9 months at this point. Sure, not the full thing but meh.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

edited August 2010
    I dunno, I recently came back and have been enjoying myself. Of course, I did a complete class change, and am in the process of re-ramping myself up for Cata, so it's a little different position I guess than the people who have been grinding on WoTLK for two years.

GnomeTank on
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Neyla wrote: »
    When are servers ever up on time? ;)

And usually when they do go back online, it's always uber laggy for that evening (atleast that's been my experience).
    Hey so, your sig is cool. But my quick google shows a whoooole bunch of people worried that that site/software is bad somehow, or can get you banned. Heard anything about that?

SniperGuy on
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I recently came back and just went full on PvP mode with my Rogue once I got him to 80. PvP seems a lot more enjoyable these days compared to raiding.

Oghulk on
    edited August 2010
    Oghulk wrote: »
    I recently came back and just went full on PvP mode with my Rogue once I got him to 80. PvP seems a lot more enjoyable these days compared to raiding.
    Battlegrounds or what? How long are your queues?

forty on
  • DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I haven't really been able to get back into my Rogue at 80. She's fully PvP geared out (except weapons), and I had her as Mutilate/Sub for a while, then decided to try deep Sub. I didn't try much with deep Sub, which I suppose wasn't helping, but it just wasn't clicking for me. Not like 70 when I was pretty decent and could take out almost anyone one on one.

I guess maybe I just need to get back into playing regularly and getting used to abilities again, because I know I've been really bad about using a majority of them at appropriate times.

Dranyth on
  • TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I really don't know what I'm going to do after I get Insanity on my Paladin. Probably go insane, that sounds good.

Tyberius on
  • EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Tyberius wrote: »
    I really don't know what I'm going to do after I get Insanity on my Paladin. Probably go insane, that sounds good.

I've had the exact same problem since I got the insane title on my hunter. Not the going insane part, but I just haven't had the drive to do much at all since I got it. I'm not raiding anymore since I'm god damn sick of ICC, and pvp has never really entertained me that much.

I'm pretty much on hiatus until I either find a good guild or the expansion comes out. I'll log on a bit to do some dailies, maybe try to find a group to run through MC with (fuck you, classes that can solo the place).

Emporium on
    edited August 2010
    Tyberius wrote: »

Get mental help? Seriously, I can't imagine would would bring anyone to want to do that achievement. It's...well, insane.

GnomeTank on
  • Prof. AwesomeProf. Awesome Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Jesus, the haste rating on your priest is out of control Neyla. You do know that's way, way over the 800 rating soft cap right?

Though, I guess at your GS, a lot of your haste is probably on the gear itself and there isn't much you can do to shuffle it.

(e: Actually, looking at your profile, why wouldn't you drop that haste trinket for like Purified Lunar Dust and get more SP?)

I don't think you know how shadowpriests work, so please don't give people advice on them.
    800 haste rating soft cap, what's that?

Now, I'm not worried about Neyla taking any of what you said seriously, but others may read that post and decide to wear Purified Lunar Dust over DFO :rotate:

Prof. Awesome on
    edited August 2010
    Dranyth wrote: »
    I haven't really been able to get back into my Rogue at 80. She's fully PvP geared out (except weapons), and I had her as Mutilate/Sub for a while, then decided to try deep Sub. I didn't try much with deep Sub, which I suppose wasn't helping, but it just wasn't clicking for me. Not like 70 when I was pretty decent and could take out almost anyone one on one.
    More like because Sub was super OP 1v1 in TBC.

forty on
  • DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    forty wrote: »
    Dranyth wrote: »
    More like because Sub was super OP 1v1 in TBC.

This is true, and it was great. I *really* hate the nerf that removed the snare break from Shadowstep. God I used to love Hunters as Subtley. The playout was frequently opening up on a Hunter, them Freeze Trapping me and then Disengaging, I'd trinket the trap and Shadowstep right back to them and resume the Hemo-rape.

The dagger-Sub I was trying recently just seemed really awkward with the Backstabs and such. I guess Mutilate is a little better lacking the positional issues Backstab has, but even with the buff to Hemo damage with daggers, it isn't really viable.

Dranyth on
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

Battlegrounds and Arenas. I only do random BGs and that pops almost instantly and, for some reason, they're just a lot more enjoyable to do compared to doing PuGs or doing raiding with my guild.

Oghulk on
    edited August 2010

Battlegrounds and Arenas. I only do random BGs and that pops almost instantly and, for some reason, they're just a lot more enjoyable to do compared to doing PuGs or doing raiding with my guild.
    Ahh, in my battlegroup it's like a 10 minute queue for BGs, which fucking sucks and makes it a lot harder to enjoy the experience.

forty on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Unless you're resubbing for a specific reason, i.e. to play with friends, you might as well wait for Catalysm. I know on Windrunner, the rare times I log in these days, guilds are hurting for attendees for raids, the guilds that are even bothering anymore. Everyone is either in full on farm mode or are just grabbing warm bodies...or just taking breaks waiting for the xpack.

2 years is a long ass time to play the same content over and over. Hell, even ICC has been out for like 8-9 months at this point. Sure, not the full thing but meh.

Most people on Windrunner on the allaince are doing the gear score must know 11/12 in order to get an invite to Icecrown which is sad
    But then I was happy I got to go on my warlock that one time.

I will not buy it from Gamestop even though they opened a new store within a 10 minute walk after one time a the salesman tried to sell a rather missinfromed woman on something for over 20 minutes.

I bought two CE copies from Amazon I am debating about the shipping since I did 3 to 5 day for starcraft and it came the day after

I really hope they do not do the server first stuff in Cataclysm

Brainleech on
  • PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    815165 wrote: »
    There's pretty much no point in playing until 4.0. :^:

edit: in terms of new content, etc.

I'm going to resub right before the expansion so I can at least make my sulfuron hammer and participate in any pre-launch events. I am so done until Cata is released though.

Poketpixie on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Brainleech wrote: »

Most people on Windrunner on the allaince are doing the gear score must know 11/12 in order to get an invite to Icecrown which is sad
    But then I was happy I got to go on my warlock that one time.

I will not buy it from Gamestop even though they opened a new store within a 10 minute walk after one time a the salesman tried to sell a rather missinfromed woman on something for over 20 minutes.

I bought two CE copies from Amazon I am debating about the shipping since I did 3 to 5 day for starcraft and it came the day after

I really hope they do not do the server first stuff in Cataclysm

I think they said they don't want to do the server first stuff anymore but I could totally be dreaming that.

Windrunner has been doing the "5.5k gs for icc10, pst with 11/12 achieve" shit since the day ICC launched. It's pathetic. And why I never bothered with ICC with anyone other than my paladin in my guild when we were doing 10 progression.

As far as Amazon shipping I dunno. They've been fast as hell lately with their new shipping service, at least out here in utah. "free super saver" has damn near been next day ever time I've gotten anything. Granted, I didn't get my SCII till 11:00pm the day of release, I wasn't supposed to get it till like a week later or more because I choose the free "crappy" shipping.

I'm hoping it'll be the same story with my Cataclysm CE. I don't want to pay $10 for overnight when I'm already paying $80 for the game. I just hope they get it to me in some reasonable amount of time. It's not like I won't be able to play at all without the disk or anything anyway.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

I don't think you know how shadowpriests work, so please don't give people advice on them.
    800 haste rating soft cap, what's that?

Now, I'm not worried about Neyla taking any of what you said seriously, but others may read that post and decide to wear Purified Lunar Dust over DFO :rotate:

This is true. Haste HARD cap still applies to Spriests which is 50%. Who ever started the soft cap rumor should be tarred and feathered accordingly. The more haste you get the more casts per second increases (over a period of time of course). The more you know!

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
This discussion has been closed.