As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] [Chat]: Rock is Revamped, Scissors gets Scissors Power, Paper is NYI

• Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Javen wrote: »
    How is inscription to level up, anyway? I just need that and tailoring to max out one of every profession on a single server

It was REALLY easy. Some herbs can be really cheap. Everything you make has market value. Unlike most crafting professions where most players don't want the crap you make. Not to mention the vellums. Those always sell.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    captaink wrote: »
    Inscription is easy because you can pick the cheap herbs to mill.

Tailoring is a bit of a pain in the ass. Go through massive amounts of cloth and quite a few enchanting mats.

I've already got enchanting mats of all levels stocked up on my enchanter, so that's not a problem. Same goes for herbs on my alchemist.

I also made sure to save all the netherweave and frostweave since I knew I'd level it at some point, about a thousand of each. Nothing to prep for 1-300 though.

Javen on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    How is inscription to level up, anyway? I just need that and tailoring to max out one of every profession on a single server

It was REALLY easy. Some herbs can be really cheap. Everything you make has market value. Unlike most crafting professions where most players don't want the crap you make. Not to mention the vellums. Those always sell.

That's good to hear. After leveling jewelcrafting and blacksmithing simultaneously, I'd love an easy profession.

Javen on
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, thats... ouch.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I believe JC/BS slightly edges out Mining/BS for Tanks. But fuck that noise.'

As for money? Do dailies, don't spend it.

At 300g a day, easy, for the Icecrown Dailies, you'll be over 2k gold a week. Then you just save. Cause seriously, WTF do you have to spend money on anyway?

shryke on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

It's got a few rough points, but the nice part is you get a few earlier money makers.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
    edited August 2010
    shryke wrote: »
    Cause seriously, WTF do you have to spend money on anyway?

I like to level alts, so my money gets spent on: class abilities, mounts/training, occasional BoE gear, repairs, flight paths when they can't fly, gems, and enchants I can't do(beskerking especially).

Usually I make more money than I spend, so it's not an issue.

edit: The bombs in Blood Furnace suck. That is all.

Beyond Normal on
  • MegaPureiboiMegaPureiboi Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    My shammy had1K gold at level 60 with inscription. Everything I made that I didn't use myself was put on the ah with a few glyphs going for 30g+.

MegaPureiboi on
    Xbox Live: Keml0
    Steam: Kemlo
  • danxdanx Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

This. Inscription is the only profession that actually made me money while skilling it.

It was awesome. Why did I stop.

danx on
  • chidonachidona Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    My guild got LK down tonight! I was asked to respec my priest to disc, had 3 heroics for practice and then into LK.

Downed him on our 3rd attempt.

Regarding moneymaking + professions, I'm levelling a druid with mining + skinning and am ROLLING in it. He's paid for my main's epic flying and gives her a wage of 100g every couple of days for flasks and stuff. My main is a tailor + enchanter, and it's just painful. Enchanting is hugely useful, but tailoring is just requiring insane amounts of cloth at the moment.

chidona on
  • danxdanx Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    WTF do you have to spend money on anyway?

GDKP runs. I spend big and they love me. Except those rogues after a cheap TAJ in the last run. They hate me.

danx on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I guess I'll do warlock.

Affliction: http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#IrGr0hsGcdcZI. One point of leeway, depending on how critical you think soulburn: corruption is.

Demonology: http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#IZIdrcouMRroIbb. Might not wind up being correct depending on how mechanics work out, but I doubt there'll be any spare points regardless.

Destruction: http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#IMZf0bZIrbcRbuGk. There are a couple of filler points in the destruction tree, and 2-3 "free" points depending on whether the imp winds up needing mana feed or not.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I guess I'll do warlock.

Affliction: http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#IrGr0hsGcdcZI. One point of leeway, depending on how critical you think soulburn: corruption is.

I want to skip out on one talent because it's not that great but the more I work on it I cannot escape picking a sub par talent in that tree

Brainleech on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The affliction tree is still a little top heavy. Past the 20 point level, there's really nothing you can skip. Soulburn: corruption is maybe a little bit otional but I don't think there's really a better place for the point.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I make about 450 gold a day for just doing 20 or so dailies in Ice Crown. Most of those are group dailies, and most of them are grouped together. In there, as well as the group ones, I do the infra-green bombing ones. Not bad money for 10 minutes of work, and I've never had to do it. I also do all of the Argent Tournament ones. I always save room to do the fishing and cooking daily, and can usually pick up a few dailies in Sholazar while I'm there fishing. Those pay 16g instead of the normal 12g.
    Since I'm at max rep with all the 5 cities, I take the bag, so that's usually another 50g.
    Add in looting mobs that drop money and selling things, and it's easy to just make money.

Other things that I do to make money:
    Since my main is a LW, I occasionally make the pants armor, and sell those for 150-250g, depending.
    Grab my miner and run around the Badlands for iron and mithril, and just raaaaake in the dough. Seriously. Since those are the worst to mine, and gold is easy to come by, people will pay out their rears for some ore instead of taking the time to do it themselves.
    But then again, that's been true since dailies were introduced in BC.

L Ron Howard on
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Gems and enchants. If you're in that stage like me where you're starting to really amass Triumph Emblems, and you're starting to piece together your T9 and 232+ pieces, you go through gems and enchants pretty quick. I've probably spent 700 gold in the last two days on epic gems and various enchants for new T9 level pieces I've been getting.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I am eterna poor and I can afford the monies to buy epic flying - maybe not the instant I hit eighty, but fairly soon after.

My wife on the other hand could bank roll an army of alts with epic flying. She makes money without even trying. I hate her.

Wassermelone on
    edited August 2010
    Demonology: http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#IZIdrcouMRroIbb. Might not wind up being correct depending on how mechanics work out, but I doubt there'll be any spare points regardless.

You don't really need Soul Link or Demonic Embrace, which frees up a few points.

But really, Demonology is a weird tree right now. It's basically "Fill in every single talent past the first 2 levels".

shryke on
    edited August 2010

You don't really need Soul Link or Demonic Embrace, which frees up a few points.

But really, Demonology is a weird tree right now. It's basically "Fill in every single talent past the first 2 levels".

Eh, gotta take something to get you down to metamorphosis. I guess maybe you could take the infernal/doomguard talent, depending on how useful they wind up being.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Anyone know of any sites that have an up to date power leveling guide for jewelcrafting? The guides on the official forums look out of date.

tallgeeze on
    edited August 2010

Eh, gotta take something to get you down to metamorphosis. I guess maybe you could take the infernal/doomguard talent, depending on how useful they wind up being.

Right now their design sounds good, and they both have different niches (one direct, other aoe cooldown). So I think the talent will probably be worthwhile too (for two points, a 44% increase in duration)

They even took the reagent cost off. Not sure if they're trainable at a trainer yet though.

End on
  • XArchangelXXArchangelX Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hate: Two slave pens in a row, tanking cloak off of second boss drops both times, both times ninja'd by DPS, second one a fucking enhancement shaman.

Love: Healer votekicks the shaman, his main is also a tank that has had shit ninja'd. hi5, broseph!

XArchangelX on
    Eve Online is a terrible game, but I used to play, for the lulz!
    Steam
    Only the strong can help the weak.
  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

At 300g a day, easy, for the Icecrown Dailies, you'll be over 2k gold a week. Then you just save. Cause seriously, WTF do you have to spend money on anyway?

Every time you get a new piece of gear, at least on my server you're talking probably 500g worth of gems and enchants to get it up to snuff...that's where most of my money goes.

Vincent Grayson on
    edited August 2010

Every time you get a new piece of gear, at least on my server you're talking probably 500g worth of gems and enchants to get it up to snuff...that's where most of my money goes.

I don't know your server economy, but I really hope you're not buying the gems pre-cut if gold is a problem. :P

Probably same thing with enchant scrolls. Personally, I do buy the scrolls because I'm so damn lazy, but I always have a lot more gold than I need.

Edit: Of course! It depends on the cost of material versus the finished cost. Sometimes it's cheaper to buy pre-cut after all!

End on
  • PirusuPirusu Pierce Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    For a while, we had uncut gems selling for more than the pre-cut ones.

Pirusu on
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, it happens sometimes.

More often it seems because a rise in the uncut cost.

End on
    edited August 2010

They are looking pretty good.

And remember that with Impending Doom, your Bane of Doom ticks twice as often so you will have the Doomguard up alot more often.

How often are you getting new gear?

If it's all the damn time, it's probably gear not good enough to drop epic gems into.

shryke on
  • MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ffffff: Just had a Strand where we had the relic vulnerable for a full minute and we couldn't get to it. I've never seen that before... maybe it's common, but to me it was a unique reminder to log off.

Monsty on
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

And remember that with Impending Doom, your Bane of Doom ticks twice as often so you will have the Doomguard up alot more often.

If it's all the damn time, it's probably gear not good enough to drop epic gems into.

Uh, not really there.

Week one: Cloak drops.

Week 2: Bracers drop.

Week 3: Nothing, but you've collected enough badges to buy some gloves.

Week 4: Super duper lucky, helm and boots drop.

It's not like you're replacing the same slot over and over. That's 5 different replacements in a perfectly reasonable time frame.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Right now the Felguard doesn't really have any mana problems (he can benefit from things like Replenishment) so I don't know how necessary Mana Feed is. Those two points are definitely either going there or Ancient Grimoire though.

I needed anime to post. on
  • 28682868 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oghulk wrote: »
    @ Munkus

E: Assassination Rogue: http://www.wowtal.com/#k=vz_DLa5_K.9sm.rogue 0 Points.

Your Assassination build is effed up, why would you take imp slice and dice when cut to the chase is refreshing it each time you use Envenom? Deadly Momentum is only useful while leveling, and leveling you should be combat anyway. As an Assassin rouge one don't use any of the skills aggression buffs, so there are two other wasted points. And Jesus you don't have quickening, a flat movement speed buff is one of the best DPS boosters there is. You need relentless strikes more than most of the other talents.

Imp exposed armor is great because it's a free move, so take that over Deadly Momentum, drop the second tier combat talents and take relentless strikes.

http://www.wowtal.com/#k=Y1yzcsjF.9sm.rogue

Maybe something like this. I ran at this quick and I know you're trying to make them good at both PVE and PVP, but you're gimping some PVE abilities hard.

Perhaps take improved sprint 2/2 with some rejiggering, because of it's dual usefulness in escaping CC in PVP and ensuring mobility in Raids.

http://www.wowtal.com/#k=Y1tpUcLOl.9sm.rogue

2868 on
    Warhams. Allatime warhams.

buy warhams
  • Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Evil Weevil on
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Aw, I thought it was gonna be the campy Batman theme. I am mildly disappointed.

Edit: On a completely unrelated note, has Blizzard said anything about their plans for WG in Cataclysm? I would hate to see the achievements be unobtainable due to lack of use (though Wintergrasp Ranger is already nearly impossible).

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • derangedhermitderangedhermit Madstrike PortugalRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    danx wrote: »
    WTF do you have to spend money on anyway?

GDKP runs. I spend big and they love me. Except those rogues after a cheap TAJ in the last run. They hate me.

Is that on the 'new' server? How are things going on there?

Another month and i can finally play again :winky:

derangedhermit on
    Battle.net: Madstrike#2175 , GuildWars2: Madstrike.1436
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

Holy fucking shit.
    http://youtubedoubler.com/dyFb

Mute the batman intro.

-SPI- on
  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

I dunno if it's different on other servers, but on mine, you show up with epics and enchants in every open slot regardless of gear level or people just don't take you.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You know what was nice at the weekend?

My 2nd elemental shaman hit 80; I sign up for heroics, and get H HoL. Our druid healer dies on the little rock elemental bit, and the tank carried on to the next lot of trash. I healed that bit, because it was pretty obvious he wasn't paying any attention to our healer being dead.

I rez the druid, we carry on. We get to Ionar, the wind elemental type boss. The boss changes into his little blobs. The dps go to about 30%, because I guess one had the debuff that hurts others standing nearby when dispersion happened. The r. druid drops to about 30%, and is standing in the little lightening blobs.

At this point, I had the audactiy to throw 2 LHW's on the druid.

The healer then had a massive go at me, for the rest of the fight and for a bit of trash after, the reason being he hated it when dps used their heals.

Not as if I was short on mana + I was standing at range I was far away from the lightening blobs, and there wasn't much else for me to do, because I couldn't dps boss.

I didn't bother pointing that all out, I just said I wouldn't heal anymore.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Definitely not how I would have responded :P

Ranlin on
  • LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    End wrote: »

Right now their design sounds good, and they both have different niches (one direct, other aoe cooldown). So I think the talent will probably be worthwhile too (for two points, a 44% increase in duration)

They even took the reagent cost off. Not sure if they're trainable at a trainer yet though.

Warlocks are still due for a fairly big overhaul too - the last couple patches have had very few warlock changes.

LockeCole on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I ended up just ignoring everyone. Couldn't care less what Idiot #313,643,765 has to say.

reVerse on
This discussion has been closed.