As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Problem With Microsoft Ugrade

Ziac45Ziac45 Registered User regular
edited August 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I didn't want to highjack the student deals thread but I would love to get this figured out. I bought the Student Upgrade http://www.microsoft.com/student/en/us/software/windows.aspx posted in that thread and started downloading it. I walked away and when I came back noticed it was downloading really slowly. No big deal, I figured it was just a temporary slow down so I leave and go see Scott Pilgrim Vs the World and when I come back it's stopped. I click resume download and it starts at 300k/sec saying it will take 2 hours to finish. Later when I walk back into the room its at .02k/sec. I pause it and unpause it again and it starts out at 300k/sec and steadily drops to .02k/sec. I don't believe this is my internet but I can't figure out what would cause it and how to fix it.

I am typing this post from my desktop not the computer that is actually doing the download.

Ziac45 on

• Options
    FubearFubear Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Completely stop the download and re-start it (from the beginning).

Do you experience any other type of internet related slowdown?

Have you done a speedtest?

Fubear on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Fubear wrote: »
    Completely stop the download and re-start it (from the beginning).

Do you experience any other type of internet related slowdown?

Have you done a speedtest?

Restarting the download made it drop a lot slower but it still bombed. I didn't have any problems when playing WoW or web browsing. My speed test came back with a download speed of 4.28.

Ziac45 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Also starting in safemode and trying the download did not help at all.

Ziac45 on
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Do they provide an MD5 or SHA1 hash of the download? Google for it and grab it from another source; you have a license to the software (remember to verify the hash after you do so!).

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif