As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Custom [Mini] - Justice Prevails: Village Victory!

1101112131416»

• Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I think for balance, you might not want to let Serial Killers get passive powers. If I wasn't so gun-ho on wining with busdriving only, I could have killed 4 people in one night with the vig/Rapid Fire powers I had.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    That combo was taken to ridiculous extremes with Lemminghead's power choices, actually.

The next one will feature a different combination system, though what shape it will take is still sort of unknown.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Lucedes wrote: »
    Also: Ringo vigged you, and you were redirected with T_A.

Then how did i die?

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    That combo was taken to ridiculous extremes with Lemminghead's power choices, actually.

The next one will feature a different combination system, though what shape it will take is still sort of unknown.

Me and Psolms discussed this a bit.

We though about either having a point buy system (start with 100 points to spend on abilities which have differing prices) or having a pool system (i.e. 15uses of vig available divided by the number of people that pick it) which would encourage variety in abilities.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    WEEEEEEEEEEEE I WON!

LOVE IS GOOD AGAIN SUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    first of all, as you may have noticed in my role PM, i had a secret vote. one that also was worth 2 votes.

thats how alegis won the vote.

second: ringo- i killed you with my Quietly do away with power. after my work in L5R, i knew there would be some people who would kill me night 1. people who might have picked mafia and thought i would pick village. it was between you, roman and samurai. in retrospect, i should have killed roman.

or, thirdly, i should have let anon die. man, your little outburst was stupid after alegis outed you. if i hadnt been trying to get your attention, i would have voted with alegis (and pointed out how ridiculous your defense was, also that you did not come back to the thread after your poor outburst), which probably would have protected me from roman. then the full power of the empire would have fallen on this thread like a mighty hammer.

finally, this game was generally well built and full of interesting possibilities. unfortunately, i was almost fully disappointed with the role names (or lack thereof). duna's and romans were good though.

lucedes, thanks for running, and could you post all the power combos? just in case (hint hint) someone else wants to run a similar (or even exact same) game.

psolms on
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    haha I was right about lemmin being a SK.

I wish I signed up for this game!

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Awesome game Lucedes, the vortex of doom made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Nothing like getting three kills with one kill, and still not hitting the original target.

Gratz Village, could have sworn an SK would come out on top this time!

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I liked the role names.

Edit: I'm retarded. I love how many times I was busdriven night 2.

daniant on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    although, if ronrab and i had been working together (through anon) we would have had 8 extra votes to play with... would have made the end game interesting....

im also kinda disappointed in the number of people who picked vig x vig x something else.

seriously though. someone run this again.

psolms on
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I didn't! I picked Vig - Mason - Mason. Does that make me special? :P

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    and now after looking at the spreadsheet:

damnit anon. did you seriously try to kill me? i seriously should have just left it alone, instead of trying to find allies. i should have let you die without incident.

im not ready to dish out a full grudge, cause it was partially my own goosery, but it will be the last time i ever try to defend you.

psolms on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Bleh, Psolms, you should have asked Egos. When everyone can be a vig, why the hell would I want to be one?

Lucedes gave me a vig power to properly Vlad somebody with, but I didn't use it. Though I will say, if he had given me a chaingun vig like a couple other SKs, I would've used them all night one :)

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    psolms wrote: »
    and now after looking at the spreadsheet:

damnit anon. did you seriously try to kill me? i seriously should have just left it alone, instead of trying to find allies. i should have let you die without incident.

im not ready to dish out a full grudge, cause it was partially my own goosery, but it will be the last time i ever try to defend you.
    Um, no? I targeted roman, not you.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    yeah, im pretty shocked that samurai didnt 4x vig on night 1

edit: then why is my name first (and with question mark?) in the spreadsheet?

psolms on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I really want to play this again. I want to try all the flavors!

daniant on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    daniant wrote: »

It's sad daniant. I was almost positive you were neutral the night you got killed and I was this close to messaging you. But your little golden circle went circle and never went back on :(

in other words: I just missed contacting you before you went offline.

Also its a pity that kime blocked my seer of Crumble..what could have been :I

Egos on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Egos wrote: »
    daniant wrote: »

It's sad daniant. I was almost positive you were neutral the night you got killed and I was this close to messaging you. But your little golden circle went circle and never went back on :(

in other words: I just missed contacting you before you went offline.

Also its a pity that kime blocked my seer of Crumble..what could have been :I

Even more hilarious is that I almost PMed you and asked for a guard in exchange for being your personal vig. I should just go with my gut instinct from now on.

Ya, I get up at 6:00 AM, so I go to bed early a lot. :(

daniant on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    heheh

Told you

Support all the way

Stripper Cola Girl Lives Aagain!

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Through sheer luck... guard ate my Day 2 attack on you, got redirected off you Day 4, and as long as I kept attacking, the only way to kill me was the vote, which I ate. Sheer luck.

But you deserved to win, so it's all good. :)

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I think myself and perhaps Locus may have had awareness of your guarding capabilities as roman said he was gonna go after you on Day 1. Not sure if he actually did..would have to check the spread sheet. But was working under the assumption that you did :I

edit: thankfully I looked through my old pms to see Roman had left me a means (password) to get in contact with his mason.

Egos on
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sorry, jdark. Been a while since I was any sort of special.

I honestly think ahava knew it was me who attacked her on Day 2. All the cat talk got me thinking "She knows! Oh, she's going to come for me, I just know it!"

But at least I didn't die in every phalla running on the same day.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Figures that with an amazing power like
    Soldier (Passive): You count as guarded while using your Vigilante power. (Guard -1, Vig +1)
    I die to the vote because 2 villagers voted for me. What the fuck, ebfan and ahava? There really was no sane vote on me unless you were in Anon's SK team. It didn't even make sense to 'hide' in the vote because you become prime target for both mafia, SK, village and neutrals. I picked ebfan to die as the other targets were more in the spotlight, likely to kill each other.
    I guess it was to be expected that picking village vig would doom me to killing stupid villagers. It's my phalla curse.
    Luckily evil was even worse by revealing itself day 1 in the Anon ordeal.

Thanks for hosting lucedes. Quite the clusterfuck vortex from day 1!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdNlASBUnQY

If I had realized sooner I could pick existing characters as roles I'd probably have gone for village hitler :) Nearly went with Panther Panzer tank but the idea of an agile duelist appealed to me for vig/guard

Alegis on
  • Options
    CrumbleCrumble Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I really enjoyed this one. I should have gone with my gut and redirected to Lemming rather than Kias on the last day, or guarded...

Oh well.

And cheeky Egos redirecting me every day after he found out I was a guard.

Crumble on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Crumble wrote: »
    I really enjoyed this one. I should have gone with my gut and redirected to Lemming rather than Kias on the last day, or guarded...

Oh well.

And cheeky Egos redirecting me every day after he found out I was a guard.

I didnt know you were a guard, since kime roleblocked me O_O I was just being "evil" and thought you were safe since its evil for people to kill a newbie.

Egos on
  • Options
    CrumbleCrumble Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I was redirecting to the person who was going to eat the vote each night, figuring that people wouldn't waste a vig on an already dead player.

Crumble on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I was redirecting to the person who was going to eat the vote each night, figuring that people wouldn't waste a vig on an already dead player.

I contemplated doing that on the last night :I

Appears that wouldnt have worked out though

Egos on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

That was my idea, but it didn't work out so well for me.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Alegis wrote: »
    Figures that with an amazing power like
    Soldier (Passive): You count as guarded while using your Vigilante power. (Guard -1, Vig +1)
    I die to the vote because 2 villagers voted for me. What the fuck, ebfan and ahava? There really was no sane vote on me unless you were in Anon's SK team.

Yeah, don't blame them, Alegis - I had the equivalent of six votes each night, so once you focused attention on Anonymous, you were out.

T-A and I picking L and Light was completely coincidence and unplanned. As was Light picking 'mason'. Naturally, the host masoned the two of us. (You always knew those two were secretly lovers.)

I think picking double-mystery had no effect on the game, as I was just voted out for defending T-A, but what else would you give L? I have to keep my identity secret from Light! I originally picked TRIPLE mystery, giving me no offensive powers whatsoever, and was the other person who forced the host to clarify in thread that SKs couldn't triple-dip...

ronrab on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The end result after powers was 14 on Anonymous and 16 on me. Their 2 votes did make the difference and were dumb as hell.

I knew people like Psolms and you were just making piss-poor defense pleads because of your evil agendas but seeing Ebfan pop up as villager annoyed me. Post restrictions don't restrict you from thinking, you know. Please take that in mind next time you're villager.

Alegis on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

That was my idea, but it didn't work out so well for me.
    Yeah, the reason I didn't contact Egos right away was because everyone in the "soft network" but Egos died on the first night, so I was a little bit terrified.

Luckily he got in contact with me on the last day so we could try and pull this thing out for the village.

Locus on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    What was funny was that Mystery was way, way more popular than seer.

I think 3 people picked seer, and like 6 or 7 picked mystery.

As a consequence, I'm going to buff seer somewhat in the next game, and possibly remove mystery / mason, since those really removed some of the impetus to seer. In addition, I'm removing the ability to double-dip, since there were too many vigs in this game, and I'm reducing the power of Guard to a single kill, no extra cost for self-guarding, since no one got triple-vigged this game, but some people did get double-vigged.

The village was quite powerful, all told, but it suffered from internal friction like every other village.

I think the mafia was well-balanced, mechanically, it was just kind of... small.

There were a hell of a lot of neutrals, and they all died, which I found interesting. Probably because of the massive number of vigs running around.

Likewise with the SKs, though as I mentioned before, Lemminghead nearly won. I think the real trick to playing an SK in this game was the element of surprise.

One of the real suffering-points of this game was that what people picked generally reflected their personalities, such that you could anticipate certain people being evil. I think if more games like this were run, that would be less true, as people tried out different roles and power combinations.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    One of the real suffering-points of this game was that what people picked generally reflected their personalities, such that you could anticipate certain people being evil. I think if more games like this were run, that would be less true, as people tried out different roles and power combinations.

Make it so

Really Lucedes, this was a fantastic game. Great idea, great execution, it worked out splendidly, I'd love to see more similar/exactly the same games in the future.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    This was a fun game, but I think in the future I should probably try to focus less on following self-imposed posting restrictions and more on actually paying attention on what's going on in the game.

Ebfan on
  • Options
    LemmingHeadLemmingHead Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    aww, egos! way to go and ruin my fun! :C

haha, this was really fun. i enjoyed almost killing everyone.

(Let's do proper punctuation and caps!)

The only reason that I picked SK was because I wanted cool powers! :D Oh well... it was close.

I spent so much time on my role PM... but I think I deleted it. It was awesome, though! It was in the form of a Pesterlog and it had pictures and everything~ Wheeee!

Thanks so much for running this, Lucedes, I had loads of fun!

LemmingHead on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] hugs!