edgeofbladeedgeofblade Warlock Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, but what about "breath-contact"?

edgeofblade on
    6YJGH2V.png
  • Options
    MarySueMarySue Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Don't give the gift of air from your body, yo. That only worked for one dude and I can guarantee he's more charming than you.

MarySue on
    Portland, Oregon, and sloe gin fizz. If that ain't love, then tell me what is.
    +++BRONYS BEFORE BROS!+++
  • Options
    AverageToasterAverageToaster Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    can we share stem cells?

AverageToaster on
  • Options
    BelgandBelgand Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm bringing lots of Emergen-C this year...

I hate to be that guy and I don't want to single anyone out, but that stuff doesn't work. Full stop. Same goes for that Airborne nonsense as well as echinacea or whatever other silly herbal remedy people is currently in vogue. Megadosing of Vitamin C has never, ever been proven in any sort of reputable publication to show any notable effect whatsoever. Give me a valid cite and I'll be willing to listen, but until then it's crap. I don't care what Pauling said, you can be otherwise brilliant, but still a complete and utter crackpot in some respects. Just look at everything Kary Mullis has ever done aside from PCR.

While some might regard it as being germ-o-phobic reducing vectors to a minimum (e.g. wash your hands frequently and avoid touching your face) is probably the single best thing you can realistically hope to do to prevent disease.

Seriously people, let's all just agree to use Science.

Belgand on
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Belgand wrote: »

I hate to be that guy and I don't want to single anyone out, but that stuff doesn't work. Full stop. Same goes for that Airborne nonsense as well as echinacea or whatever other silly herbal remedy people is currently in vogue. Megadosing of Vitamin C has never, ever been proven in any sort of reputable publication to show any notable effect whatsoever. Give me a valid cite and I'll be willing to listen, but until then it's crap. I don't care what Pauling said, you can be otherwise brilliant, but still a complete and utter crackpot in some respects. Just look at everything Kary Mullis has ever done aside from PCR.

While some might regard it as being germ-o-phobic reducing vectors to a minimum (e.g. wash your hands frequently and avoid touching your face) is probably the single best thing you can realistically hope to do to prevent disease.

I reject your reality and substitute my own. :P

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

^ What he said.

When in doubt, check with this guy:

James+Randi.jpg

Imperfect on
  • Options
    spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm pretty anti-fist bump. I find it insulting.

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Seriously? Why is that?

Imperfect on
  • Options
    spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Imperfect wrote: »
    Seriously? Why is that?

When someone says hi it's nice to met you, but won't shake your hand I find that insulting. It may just be me.

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • Options
    edgeofbladeedgeofblade Warlock Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    spydey wrote: »
    Seriously? Why is that?

When someone says hi it's nice to met you, but won't shake your hand I find that insulting. It may just be me.

It is just you. It's no offense meant... I tend to shake hands firmly thanks to a business school training, but I'm not one of those people who will judge a weak handshake. Or a fist bump for that matter.

edgeofblade on
    6YJGH2V.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I've never been offended, personally.

I've been considering rocking the Iron Guard this weekend, anyhow.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Seriously? Why is that?

It's not just you. I don't really care about the strength of your handshake, but make it a handshake. Unless you are a clinical germophobe (thinking Howie Mandel, actually legitimate psychological issue), you should know that a handshake is going to be far less nasty then touching that demo game controller. The germs won't magically leach through your hand; they'll need an actual vector of entry. Also fist bumping is still contact between two hand.

Besides if there is an illness going around, it's most likely airborne. Means all this ridiculous fist bumping will be for naught, unless you can also figure out a way to stop breathing. Otherwise you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    MarySueMarySue Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    MyDcmbr wrote: »

In that case, if you give me $20 cash, I will guarantee* that the transaction will keep you from getting sick**.

*guarantee not valid anywhere, anywhen.
    **this claim has not been tested by the FDA for validity and is in fact pretty much the same claim as any homeopathic remedy.

MarySue on
    Portland, Oregon, and sloe gin fizz. If that ain't love, then tell me what is.
    +++BRONYS BEFORE BROS!+++
  • Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Decius wrote: »
    Seriously? Why is that?

It's not just you. I don't really care about the strength of your handshake, but make it a handshake. Unless you are a clinical germophobe (thinking Howie Mandel, actually legitimate psychological issue), you should know that a handshake is going to be far less nasty then touching that demo game controller. The germs won't magically leach through your hand; they'll need an actual vector of entry. Also fist bumping is still contact between two hand.

Besides if there is an illness going around, it's most likely airborne. Means all this ridiculous fist bumping will be for naught, unless you can also figure out a way to stop breathing. Otherwise you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Well if you use hand sanitizer 8000 times a day and wash your hands every time you see a bathroom, you'll actually dry your skin out to the point that it will start to have microscopic cuts that will then turn into large visible splits that will probably bleed, not to mention you'll be stripping off all the natural bacteria and protection your hands have. Long story short, if you turn all obsessive, they can!

Which is not to say be a moron and never wash, but seriously washing your hands with soap and water before you touch your mucus membranes (eyes, nose, mouth, etc), sneezing and coughing into your elbow or shoulder instead of your hand, the basics of not getting sick should keep you pretty safe. And this is coming from someone who washes their hands so often at home that I have dry skin rashes, much less in a crowded place.

cabsy on
  • Options
    BelgandBelgand Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    MarySue wrote: »
    MyDcmbr wrote: »

In that case, if you give me $20 cash, I will guarantee* that the transaction will keep you from getting sick**.

*guarantee not valid anywhere, anywhen.
    **this claim has not been tested by the FDA for validity and is in fact pretty much the same claim as any homeopathic remedy.

Your magical powers won't work for him, however, unless he spends $100 on my chi realignment treatment first. I can't believe you'd try to cheat someone by not being certain that they have the proper orgonic resonance needed to receive your healthful energy. Ideally he'd also want to add on a body thetan dampening crystal, sure it's an extra $50, but it will increase the time needed before his next treatment. You'll also want to take plenty of St. John's wort and sleep on a board for the next three weeks.

Your doctor wouldn't have told you any of this because he's just trying to get rich off the collective scam that is Western "medicine". This is all based off of proven techniques passed down through thousands of years of experience of wellness therapy around the world.

Belgand on
  • Options
    vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    My 11 year old son wants us to wear face masks with "+1 Health" written on them. I think it might be good advice! Both he and my husband got the PAXflu last year.

vespachica on
    ufq9gj8383nh.png

This discussion has been closed.