As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MW2/BLOPS: Campaign trailer out - You should know what to do with your pants by now

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Well there's a wooden stock M14 and a 1911 in BLOPS

therefore it is a good game because Ammurkah

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    M14, best gun in CoD4 by a mile and a half.

I wish the FAL was half as fun to use.

Not that the FAL isn't fun to use.

But it is not an M14.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Burtletoy wrote: »

But it is not an M14.

The M14 consisted of

"FUCK THIS RECOIL BUT GODDAMN IT SOUNDS MEAN" 95% of the time

"FUCK YEAH CROSS-MAP HEADSHOT AND GODDAMN IT SOUNDS MEAN" 5% of the time

It was also amazing at close-medium range and from the hip.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    HibernusHibernus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    This game even SOUNDS strange when you're the host.

All the fire rates of the guns just sound wrong.

Hibernus on
  • Options
    Jad LaFieldsJad LaFields Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    PC Features: Confirmed
    Dedicated Servers. New Server Browser. Dev console. /record. Customizable game modes, perks, killstreaks, classes, and higher player counts on unranked servers. Map rotation. RCon. Kick & Ban. MOTD. In-game custom Server Banners. And more.

Holy shit yes. Didn't see all of this before. There is no reason to get a console version of this game now (unless your PC can't run it, obviously), because that is all awesome. Actually being able to customize shit like map rotation and game modes? Hooray for implementing basic multiplayer features! You hear that MW2? That's 1996 calling and letting you see the future!

Jad LaFields on
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Dedicated Servers. New Server Browser. Dev console. /record. Customizable game modes, perks, killstreaks, classes, and higher player counts on unranked servers. Map rotation. RCon. Kick & Ban. MOTD. In-game custom Server Banners. And more.

Holy shit yes. Didn't see all of this before. There is no reason to get a console version of this game now (unless your PC can't run it, and then I'm sorry), because that is all awesome. Actually being able to customize shit like map rotation and game modes? Hooray for implementing basic multiplayer features! You hear that MW2? That's 1996 calling and letting you see the future!

After MW2 I wasn't really interested in CoD any more. I think this feature list has convinced me to pick BLOPS up.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Holy shit yes. Didn't see all of this before. There is no reason to get a console version of this game now (unless your PC can't run it, and then I'm sorry), because that is all awesome. Actually being able to customize shit like map rotation and game modes? Hooray for implementing basic multiplayer features! You hear that MW2? That's 1996 calling and letting you see the future!

Ahahahahahahahahaha

Ha

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Holy shit yes. Didn't see all of this before. There is no reason to get a console version of this game now (unless your PC can't run it, obviously), because that is all awesome. Actually being able to customize shit like map rotation and game modes? Hooray for implementing basic multiplayer features! You hear that MW2? That's 1996 calling and letting you see the future!

PC Elitism is so 2004

You know

When the PC was still alive

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    MegaMek wrote: »

After MW2 I wasn't really interested in CoD any more. I think this feature list has convinced me to pick BLOPS up.

Pretty much this, with the shit they pulled with MW2, I did not pick it up. Will be picking up BLOPs, and I'm getting the sentiment over several forums that a lot of PC people are feeling the same

also lol at these mad console bros ^^^^^

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You know console people hate MW2 if you're not from the US. Ever played with an entire server with 4 green bars while you have 1 red one? Try playing MW2 on a console, where if you're not from the US the game doesn't believe you should be playing with good ping. World at War managed to get this shit right, so how the hell Infinity Ward couldn't figure out something simple like local search is beyond me. I have good confidence that Black Ops will also have local search.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Aegeri wrote: »
    You know console people hate MW2 if you're not from the US. Ever played with an entire server with 4 green bars while you have 1 red one? Try playing MW2 on a console, where if you're not from the US the game doesn't believe you should be playing with good ping. World at War managed to get this shit right, so how the hell Infinity Ward couldn't figure out something simple like local search is beyond me. I have good confidence that Black Ops will also have local search.

MW2 started out with fst search

Then in about... April i think? they added local search

Cept it was really shit and all it really did was make the Americans have better connections and everyone else have longer search times and still have shitty connections.

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, while World at War 90% of the time pairs me with Aussies (or even other Kiwis :O) so I have 3 or even 4 glorious green bars of ping. These games are just too frustrating when you don't have good ping. I will be so annoyed if they haven't got the same search system in Black Ops.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    MegaMek wrote: »

Pretty much this, with the shit they pulled with MW2, I did not pick it up. Will be picking up BLOPs, and I'm getting the sentiment over several forums that a lot of PC people are feeling the same

also lol at these mad console bros ^^^^^

Yes, we are being mad that you guys are trying to bring fucking retarded console vs pc arguments into a thread that has nothing to do with console vs pc arguments.

It is probably because we turned 13 like 8+ years ago and stopped being [strike]completely fucking retarded[/strike] silly gooses about retarded pointless arguments about whose opinion is better.

Notice, I never said consoles are better, because that is an opinion argument made for retards that I don't want to get in to.

Could I argue that my opinion is better? Yes. Would it be pointless? Yes.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, while World at War 90% of the time pairs me with Aussies (or even other Kiwis :O) so I have 3 or even 4 glorious green bars of ping. These games are just too frustrating when you don't have good ping. I will be so annoyed if they haven't got the same search system in Black Ops.

Basically all it comes down to is who is hosting your party in MW2.

I get pairs up with full brit parties where I get 2 bars if I join a party that Willeth is hosting.

I get paired up with a full kiwi party if Luigi is hosting the party.

And I get the worst 4 bar connection the world has ever seen if I join a party with Volatile hosting (Fuck Iowa)

But, when I host parties?

SPAS with a 10:1 K:D erry day.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I was being ironic incase anyone missed that

For fuck sake, I play on the Xbox cause that's were all my friends are
    I don't give two fucks if someone thinks that m&kb and upscaled graphics makes the game like sex
    I play a socal game for socal reasons

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    AuberonAuberon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

But it is not an M14.

The M14 consisted of

"FUCK THIS RECOIL BUT GODDAMN IT SOUNDS MEAN" 95% of the time

"FUCK YEAH CROSS-MAP HEADSHOT AND GODDAMN IT SOUNDS MEAN" 5% of the time

It was also amazing at close-medium range and from the hip.

You mean "GOD DAMN I NEED A RED DOT SIGHT ON THIS SHIT"

Also
    FEIGNED DISINTEREST

Auberon on
  • Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

OH NO YOU DI'N'T

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    BookerBooker Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

I've never had to deal with the red bar, but I remember one time playing on a european host, where my team had yellow bars. I rocked a 2.0 k/d with a SPAS for 2 hours before I had to log off, it was surreal.

Booker on
  • Options
    Rodent242Rodent242 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Musicool wrote: »

OH NO YOU DI'N'T

Goosing SEALANDERS! Redbaring the umps.

Rodent242 on
    LIVE: Nitzer 24 , CO: @Rodent, Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Rodent242/
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I only became host that one time on Rundown.

But hey, now you know my pain.

And I swear to christ we have gone so long without a PC vs Console argument, don't start that shit up again. We can all get along together.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Pen and paper RPGs win. Accept no substitute.

And you watch it Nitzer. I can break into the Macarena at a moment's notice.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    GccPoseidonGccPoseidon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So I've got a $35 gift card to Best Buy, but I'm guessing they don't do midnight releases. Which means I won't be able to get this game until 10:00am on the 9th. I had been planning on taking the day off work, but if I can't get it until 10am is it worth it?

GccPoseidon on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    So I've got a $35 gift card to Best Buy, but I'm guessing they don't do midnight releases. Which means I won't be able to get this game until 10:00am on the 9th. I had been planning on taking the day off work, but if I can't get it until 10am is it worth it?

Yes?

The goddamn game is probably going to crash XBL for the first day anyways.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    T0MBERENGERT0MBERENGER Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

I think you captured A, B and C before anyone else left their spawn.

T0MBERENGER on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm Salivating for wager matches

frothing even!

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    And I swear to christ we have gone so long without a PC vs Console argument, don't start that shit up again. We can all get along together.

Yeah I'd like to apologize, I shouldn't have brought that up. I really was just making a post where I was happy that Treyarch was re-instating basic PC multiplayer features that MW2 inexplicably removed, I shouldn't have thrown a random dig at consoles in there.

However, if I may say one thing: while m+k and resolution and mods are are all an inevitable part of the tired PC vs. console argument, there's no reason why "Customizable game modes, perks, killstreaks, classes, and higher player counts on unranked servers" and "Map rotation" can't be on consoles too. They are thoroughly capable of that stuff. So I feel less "PC elitism" here than just disappointment with devs not spreading the love to everyone.

Anyway, CODBLOPS looks cool and I'm dying for a new multiplayer fix here, so I'll probably be picking it up.

Jad LaFields on
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    lol, I'ma call you ODB from now on. Old Dirty Brutle.

I love how no one on my Friends List picked up MoH. I was thinking of getting that, but probably not. I picked up a gamefly trial to see if I can find a game to tide me over until blops. I hate when I google blops and nothing comes up. WTF is this shit!!

belligerent on
  • Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    lol, I'ma call you ODB from now on. Old Dirty Brutle.

seconded, because this is excellent. sounds like someone's new clan tag.

twmjr on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

I think you captured A, B and C before anyone else left their spawn.

All I remember is anguised, muffled cries from my team mates because the voice chat was screwing up. But it was all rainbows for me.

@Jad: Let's pretend it never happened :)

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    @Jad: Let's pretend it never happened :)

Sounds like a plan :)

Reading more of the OP (I'm sorry, I'm just catching up with this stuff now), the buying weapons with points rather than a static unlocking tree is sounding cooler and cooler. Also, I never really pick up other people's weapons in MW2, but maybe I should be doing that more in BLOPS, what with all the weapon personalization stuff.

Jad LaFields on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Reading more of the OP (I'm sorry, I'm just catching up with this stuff now), the buying weapons with points rather than a static unlocking tree is sounding cooler and cooler.

It does, but in these last few weeks I've been having the most fun running inventive classes to get Attachment X for Gun Y.

Take tonight for example. I wanted to unlock the M9 and the P90 Ex Clips as fast as possible. So I figure the first step is to take Marathon and Lightweight to get into the action as fast as possible (that's actually not a combination I use often). And what do you pair with a pistol you want unlocked quick smart? Last Stand. And what equipment works with Last Stand? C4, for chucking over fences you just fell behind, and kill denial suicide.

Mix that together and you have the most intense fun this game has ever provided. The number of double kills and shit I got in Last Stand were incredible; the M9 is boss; the P90 just projectile vomits bullets at close range; and the C4 was always good for a giggle. And as much as we all might hate getting FMJ kills for SMGs, they're always hilarious. After all, why else would you stand behind a wall and shoot the guy capping C instead of just shivving him?

All thanks to the magic of gameplay-based unlocks. It wouldn't be the same if I could just buy what I wanted.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Well yeah, but it also stops the stupid of using an L86, only to think;

IF I WAS USING A REAL GUN I'D GET YOU GOOD MOTHERFUCKER.

Hibernus on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Hibernus wrote: »

If you don't like the L86 why are you unlocking things for it?

Personally, I love it. But then the F2000 is my baby. Maybe I'm not the best judge?

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Musicool wrote: »

If you don't like the L86 why are you unlocking things for it?

Personally, I love it. But then the F2000 is my baby. Maybe I'm not the best judge?

I don't use it, that's the thing.

I'll never end up mastering half the guns because using them feels fucking improper.

Also, guns don't really change the perks that are best for them based on what you have unlocked. (excluding 203s and durrrrr knives)

Hibernus on
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

Yah doin' it wrong then. Burst fire it, or learn to manage the recoil. Throw a grip on there if it's bothering you; I finally learned to use it gripless over time. It's still a fine killin' mans weapon, you just gotta know how to love it right.
    No real guns besides the L86, don't believe the infidels. Cult of the L86 is the only true faith!

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    MrVyngaard wrote: »

Yah doin' it wrong then. Burst fire it, or learn to manage the recoil. Throw a grip on there if it's bothering you; I finally learned to use it gripless over time. It's still a fine killin' mans weapon, you just gotta know how to love it right.
    No real guns besides the L86, don't believe the infidels. Cult of the L86 is the only true faith!

Just curoious vyn, why did you decide that that was going to be the only gun you'd ever use?

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    MrVyngaard wrote: »

Just curoious vyn, why did you decide that that was going to be the only gun you'd ever use?

Actually, in COD4 I was all about the SMGs and knifing. But then I tried the L86 in MW2, and something about the overall gun just appealed to me. It has a decidedly unique mix of traits from the AR/LMG classes - sort of how the AUG is. Doesn't hurt that they cheated and used Dragonov rifle sfx for it either, given it's kind of a unique sound. Definately not a weapon for everyone; something everyone should try once to see what it's like and if they're willing to learn something different. It can be very effective when used with the suppressor and Stopping Power with say, Ninja. You can even snipe with it if you've chosen Grip! (But not while using the suppressor, as the damage isn't enough.)

Contrast with say, the RPD - which is surely a decent weapon - but it doesn't have the same burstfire properties and requires a moment or two more for the damage to sink in. It might just be a weird property of the game engine, but almost always my kills with the L86 (when unsilenced) were much swifter.

I DID actually use other guns, the WA2000 / EBR, Scar, Akimbo Magnums. Oh, and C4. <3 C4.

I'm very eager to try out the new weapons in Blops (HYPE!) because they look quite fun... particularly with all the dirty tricks options the black nature of some of the gear will afford.

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    L86 for life.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    lol, I don't think I've ever used the l86... ever.

If it's not the UMP, I don't want it. Unless we're playing like... afghan or something. Then I might get the Ak.

tryhard for lyfe.

belligerent on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So I've got a $35 gift card to Best Buy, but I'm guessing they don't do midnight releases.

That totally depends on how your local one handles it. It's quite possible they will.

Mechanical on