As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MW2/BLOPS: Campaign trailer out - You should know what to do with your pants by now

• Options
    shorttiminshorttimin regular Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    online and ready to shoot mans. got six.

shorttimin on
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    EDIT 2: Man, what the hell. CalBrakken stopped playing MW2 so he could watch Jon and Kate Plus Eight? I think I'm offended.

That's more than I'd be able to muster, out of sheer absurdity. Basically, I wouldn't have time to be offended because of all my confusion.

hmmm or maybe it's surrealistic online performence art? Maybe he's like the Salvador Dali of xbox live. That's the most logical conclusion I can draw.

hatedinamerica on
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    online and ready to shoot mans. got three

HOLY SHIT STUMBLING TO MY XBOX RIGHT NOW.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    mrdzonemrdzone Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    grim sb wrote: »
    Speaking of headphones: Is there any way to adjust voice/music/sfx independently of each other?

I semi-recently upgraded my headphones to some EarForce XLCs and while it's *really* nice to hear enemy footsteps now, the default level for the music(and announcements in-game) seems to drown out about 50% of people.

I recently had to change my settings to "play through speakers" as opposed to "play through headphones" because it was getting that horrible echo (still need to look into that)

Basically what I did was the following
    1. turn xbox live sound preferences up all the way
    2. turn headset volume up all the way
    3. go into private match and turn down sound settings in mw2 options until game sounds are normal, now you'll be able to hear people and footsteps.

The one down side to this is since you have to turn your headset volume all the way up (or at least I did to get clear voices) you'll be fucking deafend every time you hit the guide button.... I just remember to turn the volume down when I do that now...

mrdzone on
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Is there any way to set youtube to play the highest quality version of a video automatically...

http://www.youtube.com/account#playback/quality

belligerent on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Guess who has shot 750 claymores?

<----

This guy.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    nescientistnescientist Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Burtletoy wrote: »

<----

This guy.

You are such a goose, guy. I wanted to blow people up with those claymores. That was my dream.

you have stolen my dream from me

nescientist on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

<----

This guy.

Hooray

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    In the name of not being a douchey goose who uses this thread to post his own videos, I'll just tell youI posted the 4th video from last night and the link is in my sig if you care. gonna jump on soon to record some more tonight.

belligerent on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Those were some games.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    npc.EXEnpc.EXE Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    In the name of not being a douchey goose who uses this thread to post his own videos, I'll just tell youI posted the 4th video from last night and the link is in my sig if you care. gonna jump on soon to record some more tonight.

I so wish to be a part of these. Oh how fate is laughing in my face like some douchy frat over xbox live.

npc.EXE on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    npc.EXE wrote: »

I so wish to be a part of these. Oh how fate is laughing in my face like some douchy frat over xbox live.

These latest ones hardly make good material. Unless watching me dropshot Holi like fifty times in FFA is entertaining (which it is).

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Was getting bored again - tired of Prestiging, so I'm staying at 70, but in order to mix things up I went back to my tried and true method of having a blast:

Playing FFA with Marathon, Stopping Power, and random third slot perk - this time around it was Last Stand with Akimbo Magnums - and just running over people, taking their gun, and continuing on.

Basically, the rules I've set for myself: No mid-mag reloading and whenever I kill a mans I have to snag his gun and use it to kill the next guy. And so on.

And since doing this, my kills have gone waaaaaay up. :lol:

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    What?

You can't get 15 kills with a stinger.

Uhhhh...

There was enemy killstreaks in the air. Would you:

a) Switch to an AA class?

or

b) Get a 15 killstreak since you obviously equipped the EMP instead of a more reasonable killstreak?

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    HibernusHibernus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    What?

You can't get 15 kills with a stinger.

Uhhhh...

There was enemy killstreaks in the air. Would you:

a) Switch to an AA class?

or

b) Get a 15 killstreak since you obviously equipped the EMP instead of a more reasonable killstreak?

c) use a predator to shoot it down BECAUSE REAL MEN USE THEIR ENORMOUS EGO TO DESTROY AIR SUPPORTZ.

After finally finishing the bs gold Pave Low title, I finally swapped back to AC130 to play some ground war with a friend.

110-22
    98-4

The other killstreaks can suck my balls now, ANGEL OF DEATH FOREVER.

Hibernus on
  • Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Angle of Death indeed

1.jpg

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    That is neat as fuck.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Haha, the vortices from the wings show up. That's pretty cool.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Well, dolphin diving isn't going to work because you can't shoot while diving, and the rc bomb might get kicked up a few tiers on the killstreak list, but they don't really seem to want to say much about MP other than that.

Hibernus on
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It alleviates the problem a little, but not completely. The fact of the matter is that you can basically run around full tilt and dive around which will most assuredly be fucking with the hitboxes

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Here's some of that SP footage that made it out in not-entirely-horrible form. Same arctic mission they've been demoing for a while, just longer. Possible spoilers.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Says video be private.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    T0MBERENGERT0MBERENGER Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sorry for rage quitting Drag. I cant play with 3 bars. The jumping and killcams are infuriating.

T0MBERENGER on
  • Options
    T0MBERENGERT0MBERENGER Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    After a 3 week break I see that quick-scoping is still the 1337 thing to do. Are they just going to leave it like this? I am thinking about picking up COD :MW used just to have a legacy game that is playable. patch. the. game.

Sorry for the rage post. Good night.

T0MBERENGER on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    LSW: pretty terrible 80% of the time. But the other 20% is "fuck yo walls" time.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So, 300 Flashed Enemy kills gets you a pirate flag and a title called "The Stunner"

Yes, FLASHED enemies, gains you a STUNNER title.

Whoops.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Javelins

RPGs

C4

yesss

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I wish they'd start dropping more MP information.

It's not like SP matters at all to 80% of the people playing it, since Halo is a great example of shit singleplayer meaning nothing to sales.

Hibernus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Hibernus wrote: »

It's not like SP matters at all to 80% of the people playing it, since Halo is a great example of shit singleplayer meaning nothing to sales.

Sure is opinions in this post.

I enjoy single player in every game I play. I buy for the MP, and the SP is just something I get to play as a bonus or to learn controls. Halo's SP has always been enjoyable and while not the deepest story in the world, it is entertaining. Call of Duty's SP is an interactive Michael Bay movie, which is awesome. SC2's MP has characters you can actually feel for, and you are happy/sad/etc when things happen to them.

Saying that SP doesn't matter to 80% of the people buying a game is like saying that 80% of the people buying a truck don't want any type of luxury, and instead want a bare bones, spartan workhorse.

Also, just because you don't like the Halo single player doesn't mean it doesn't contribute to sales. Without the first Halo's killer-app single player bringing people in, the series never would have taken off.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Javelins

RPGs

C4

yesss

That was the best game-winning killcam ever

glithert on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    glithert wrote: »
    Javelins

RPGs

C4

yesss

That was the best game-winning killcam ever

I dunno, I've had killcams where I'm just walking around and then the killcam ends abruptly, with nothing happening on-screen.
    a flaming car asploded and keeled someone

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You'd think that by the end of the match any vaguely explosive prop on the map would've exploded.

Though, today I saw a great one. Guy 'shot' a claymore. As in, it started through his viewpoint, then zoomed forward to where he was aiming, at my feet. Where a claymore appeared.

Arrath on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

I enjoy single player in every game I play. I buy for the MP, and the SP is just something I get to play as a bonus or to learn controls. Halo's SP has always been enjoyable and while not the deepest story in the world, it is entertaining. Call of Duty's SP is an interactive Michael Bay movie, which is awesome. SC2's MP has characters you can actually feel for, and you are happy/sad/etc when things happen to them.

Saying that SP doesn't matter to 80% of the people buying a game is like saying that 80% of the people buying a truck don't want any type of luxury, and instead want a bare bones, spartan workhorse.

Also, just because you don't like the Halo single player doesn't mean it doesn't contribute to sales. Without the first Halo's killer-app single player bringing people in, the series never would have taken off.
    *cough*

Halo's singleplayer (excluding ODST) has always been weak compared to other titles of the same period.

Edit: I have no idea why I said "playing" in my original post when I meant "buying"

Oops.

Hibernus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

*cough*

Halo's singleplayer (excluding ODST) has always been weak compared to other titles of the same period.

Sure. ODST is actually the least memorable for me. It's all opinion on what is "weak" and what is "strong".

My point is that you should quit bitching about getting SP info instead of MP because you don't like SP. They don't have to show anything before release, so whatever they show is cool. Besides, we all know it's MW2:2. The only thing I would want to see from them concerning MP is weapon statistics, and how quickly they can apply balance patches through Microsoft's horrible fucking testing requirements.

Also akimbo M60s would be fantastic, please do this Treyarch, I don't care if the reticule is wider than the entire screen.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    If you buy games for the multiplayer, how is singleplayer information better.

Especially when Treyarch seems inclined towards to answering every multiplayer question with, HEY LOOK SINGLEPLAYER FOOTAGES.

We could probably start working out damage values for weapons if there was enough footage around.

Hibernus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    If you buy games for the multiplayer, how is singleplayer information better.

Especially when Treyarch seems inclined towards to answering every multiplayer question with, HEY LOOK SINGLEPLAYER FOOTAGES.

We could probably start working out damage values for weapons if there was enough footage around.

Multiplayer is going to be extremely similar to MW2. Weapons will likely be very similar, killstreaks will be very similar, and we don't really need a whole shitload of information about MP to figure that out.

Also, BLOPS is three fucking months away. There's plenty of time for you to get your MP info fix. The only things they're going to show are the starter classes and the 3-4-5 killstreaks anyways, just like in MW2's teasers.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    BUT MOM I WANT TO THEORYCRAFT NOW

Killstreaks change more than slightly when they don't add to each other.

Hibernus on
  • Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I want to know the level of customization and info on the Knife / Crossbow but apart from that...

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    BUT MOM I WANT TO THEORYCRAFT NOW

Killstreaks change more than slightly when they don't add to each other.

Are they doing this? HOLY SHIT BLOPS YOU ARE THE BEST GAME EVER.

Well maybe not. But at least then the nuke would be nonexistent or near impossible (if the TI goes too), higher killstreaks would actually be impressive (and rare), and Hardline might be a real alternative to SP.

Of course I use Hardline, but that's because I love Hardline (and hate myself). D:

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png