As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PA Forum Let's Play Archive - OLD THREAD IS OLD DON'T POST IN THIS ONE

• RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    to-may-to

to-mah-to

Rent on
  • npc.EXEnpc.EXE Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ah man, I missed out.
    PS: I am unavailable for cyber ANYTHING.

npc.EXE on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Apparently not cyber football and cyber commentary. What do you think of that?

By the way how do you LP Blood Bowl? I thought the game was multiplayer only?

Henroid on
    edited September 2010
    Well it has a single player campaign function. Boring.

So I'm holding a online Tourney where all are welcome to enter and compete for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize. Each worth cash monies.

Also, I'm holding a raffle for a copy of the new version of it coming out for those not playing but taking part in voting in regards to the team.

You should come join us. :winky:

PS: Cyber football and commentary is significantly less dirty in the eyes of USAian audiences.

npc.EXE on
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I was too lazy to PM you. I knew you'd eventually update it anyway. And if you didn't I wouldn't really have cared.

Adus on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    At this point the goal is to keep things up to date to make Rent not complain about threads getting necro'd.

Henroid on
    edited September 2010
    Unfortunately the people who necro LPs don't have the mental capacity to check the LP Archive thread for LP statuses.

Kind of depressing really

Ed: still, I support factuality so I will assisst henroid in his endeavor

Rent on
    edited September 2010
    I wholly encourage people to necro my threads.

Adus on
    edited September 2010
    yeah but that's different

you finished your LP

I'm fine with people necroing finished LPs, since they're the only real way for gems to get any recognition around here

Rent on
    edited September 2010
    Oh, I knew what you meant. I just wanted to say that anyway.

Adus on
  • HelloweenHelloween Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Rent wrote: »
    hey

I pm'd you

And me! I sense LIES!

Helloween on
    See all of my Let's Plays Here:
    Youtube Channel!
    edited September 2010
    let's make our own LP archive thread helloween

with blackjack

and hookers!

Rent on
  • HelloweenHelloween Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    let's make our own LP archive thread helloween

with blackjack

and hookers!

In fact, forget the LP thread and the blackjack! Ahh, screw the whole thing!

:(

Helloween on
    See all of my Let's Plays Here:
    Youtube Channel!
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I always get excited when I see one of my LP threads necro'd

It always gets a big boost of views by people who took a vacation from the forums when I was doing it

joshofalltrades on
    edited September 2010
    Helloween wrote: »
    hey

I pm'd you

And me! I sense LIES!

Without a link. More like truths.

Cyrus came out of hiding apparently. I guess we spoke his name 3 times in a row.

Henroid on
  • SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I always get excited when I see one of my LP threads necro'd

It always gets a big boost of views by people who took a vacation from the forums when I was doing it

I loved your LP, one of the few video LPs I have actually sat through from start to finish. It also encouraged me to actually finish that damn game, and was the place I got my avatar from. Woo!

In other news, do I need mod approval to start up a new LP? I'm currently in the planning stages of doing a Final Fantasy Tactics screenshot LP.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
    edited September 2010
    In other news, do I need mod approval to start up a new LP? I'm currently in the planning stages of doing a Final Fantasy Tactics screenshot LP.

No but I'll put you on my "worst enemies" list of you start one and do like two updates before abandoning it :P

RENT NERD RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

Rent on
    edited September 2010

No but I'll put you on my "worst enemies" list of you start one and do like two updates before abandoning it :P

RENT NERD RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

Not on my to-do list. However, I'm thinking of adding a twist where the audience votes on which characters I bring in to battle and what classes I use, which would be fun.

Spawnbroker on
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    How badly are you going to abuse a Calculator.

Schide on
    edited September 2010
    Schide wrote: »
    How badly are you going to abuse a Calculator.

I actually don't use Calculators, I think they're a terrible class. I also never used Mimes much, either. My normal battle plan is to get a Knight/Lancer, a Ninja/Samurai, Summoner/Black Mage, Time/White Mage, and a Chemist (late game) for my needs. I think it'll be quite entertaining if I had forumers picking which classes I level and which characters I can use.

I think I'll outlaw the use of Mimes and Calculators just because I hate those classes, and they take too long to access.

Spawnbroker on
  • DragonatrixDragonatrix Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    If you don't break FFT, there's no point in doing it. Pretty much everyone who'd be interested in it has likely played the game already (it's not exactly obscure after all); show us how to make it our bitch with minimal effort :D

E; Calculators... suck...? Bwahahahahahahahahaha.

Dragonatrix on
    k0ysz.jpg
    edited September 2010
    If you don't break FFT, there's no point in doing it. Pretty much everyone who'd be interested in it has likely played the game already (it's not exactly obscure after all); show us how to make it our bitch with minimal effort :D

E; Calculators... suck...? Bwahahahahahahahahaha.

I didn't say Calculators suck, I said I hate the class :P

Spawnbroker on
    edited September 2010
    You said both;
    I think they're a terrible class

=> You think they suck.

Nothing terrible about a class that can instantly kill everything in a single turn.

Dragonatrix on
    k0ysz.jpg
    edited September 2010
    You said both;
    I think they're a terrible class

=> You think they suck.

Nothing terrible about a class that can instantly kill everything in a single turn.

Yes, that pretty much is the definition of a terrible class in my mind. That's why I think they're terrible! A class can be really good at killing things, but if I think they break the game (which they do) then that can be a reason for me to not like the class.

You and I look at games differently. I never said calculators SUCK, what I meant to imply was they are poorly designed for exactly the reasons you've been pointing out to me in trying to claim that they're good.

This is getting off topic, however. I'm still brainstorming about my Tactics LP, so if you have suggestions I'll be more than happy to incorporate them. I just...dunno about showing people how to break the game. I feel like focusing more on the storyline would be appropriate, since it has a pretty good story.

Spawnbroker on
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So I never remember the answer to this, but why isn't the LP Archive stickied? I would think it would rather help stop necro posts if the LP Archive was literally at the top of the front page all the time and people could check in seconds whether or not an LP is still active. Heck, the Ventrilo thread is stickied and I've used that thing something like twice but watched upwards of a dozen LPs.

Ninja Snarl P on
    edited September 2010
    This is getting off topic, however. I'm still brainstorming about my Tactics LP, so if you have suggestions I'll be more than happy to incorporate them. I just...dunno about showing people how to break the game. I feel like focusing more on the storyline would be appropriate, since it has a pretty good story.

Er...which version are you going to be playing? Because I'm not sure the PSX version would be the best thing to use if you want to showcase the game's story.

Schide on
    edited September 2010

Er...which version are you going to be playing? Because I'm not sure the PSX version would be the best thing to use if you want to showcase the game's story.

I was planning on using the PSX version for nostalgia's sake, yeah...any other suggestions? I don't have access to a PSP, so I can't really go that route...did it get re-released or something?

Spawnbroker on
    edited September 2010

I was planning on using the PSX version for nostalgia's sake, yeah...any other suggestions? I don't have access to a PSP, so I can't really go that route...did it get re-released or something?

I don't think so. I mean, I've never played the PSP version myself but all I've heard was that the translation was just so much better in that version and it made the story a lot more clear than the first version.

But it's probably not that big of a deal as long as you're going to be explaining some things and whatnot.

Schide on
    edited September 2010
    So I never remember the answer to this, but why isn't the LP Archive stickied? I would think it would rather help stop necro posts if the LP Archive was literally at the top of the front page all the time and people could check in seconds whether or not an LP is still active. Heck, the Ventrilo thread is stickied and I've used that thing something like twice but watched upwards of a dozen LPs.

cue henroid nerdrage

Rent on
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I forget, did Henroid ask a mod to sticky it or were we just all standing around here twiddling our thumbs and going 'man, it sure would be nice if this thread was stickeyed'?

I seem to remember his request for a sub-forum being turned down, but that's it.

PaperLuigi44 on
    edited September 2010
    As I recall, Henroid said something along the lines of it not needing to be stickied because it's in his sig. Could just be misremembering though.

Dragonatrix on
    k0ysz.jpg
    edited September 2010
    p sure he asked tube and tube said no

Rent on
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, Mod said "nay" but that he/she liked the thread(?).

EDIT: I am slow... :cry:

npc.EXE on
    edited September 2010
    I asked Tube for the subforum since people wanted that. He said no, but thinks the thread is a nice idea.

For the sticky thread thing, I tell people that if they think it should be stickied they can feel free to PM one of our three G&T mods for that. I haven't done it because I don't feel it has to be stickied (and my sig is not the reason; the reason is that we keep this thread up toward the top of the thread pile). If someone does manage to get it stickied, then it is, and that's that. :P

Henroid on
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I still think a LP subforum would be great, but I understand why it can't be done

joshofalltrades on
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ah, well there you go.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Man, I still wait for someone to necro Dragon Force.

I finished it and didn't get a single reply.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited September 2010
    You took pictures of your television.

Adus on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, it was pretty bad. But I did finish it.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited September 2010
    What, did he really? O_o

Henroid on