Options

PA Forum Let's Play Archive - OLD THREAD IS OLD DON'T POST IN THIS ONE

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm not fighting about anything.

Adus on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Nor I, said The Guy

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    TrynantTrynant Maniac Brawler Rank 20.100 and full WildRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    On another note, there's nothing quite as satisfying as working on a huge set and finishing it just in time for a four day weekend :)

Trynant on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So it turns out doing a Let's Play is actually pretty fun. Who knew.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Blackjack wrote: »
    So it turns out doing a Let's Play is actually pretty fun. Who knew.

Yes, it is. It's also a lot of work if you want to make it anything approaching entertaining for somebody else to watch. Fortunately, though, it's the kind of work I like. I could edit video all day if I was getting paid to do it.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Man, I am having crazy amounts of trouble with recording now. The sound and video are synced perfectly, but the audio keeps skipping/stuttering. And if I get the audio to (mostly) work, the video itself is slowed down. Never had these problems with Persona 1. :(

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So unless Sprint gives me shit, later this week my fast net should be back on, which means I'll be watching everyone's LPs and critiquing the fuck out of them. Especially Rent's. He's first. I've been waiting for this for a long time.

Henroid on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hey at least I finished my LP

Oh snap son

Rent on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You also could've gone with a "waiting so long because it was buffering?" joke.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I COULD have, but the joke's tired and played out

I went with the more clever insult

Either way you me and Josh need to lp a game, it's just be constant insults and homoeroticism

Rent on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Henroid's was more clever. You're just upset you didn't think of it.

Adus on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Rent wrote: »
    I COULD have, but the joke's tired and played out

I went with the more clever insult

Either way you me and Josh need to lp a game, it's just be constant insults and homoeroticism

I'm going to replace you with Josh for VC. I don't care if I have to describe color-sensitive stuff in the game to him in excruciating detail. It'll help fill conversation gaps.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Ibelieve this brings the total number of "Josh is colorblind" jokes fro
    Henroid up to 6274

That horse is dead, bro

Rent on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Speaking of dead horses, is your LP filled with insertions of "Deal with it" gifs?

Henroid on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Man, I am having crazy amounts of trouble with recording now. The sound and video are synced perfectly, but the audio keeps skipping/stuttering. And if I get the audio to (mostly) work, the video itself is slowed down. Never had these problems with Persona 1. :(

It's no fun if it goes as planned!

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    No, it is fun when it goes as planned. This is just aggravating and makes me want to not do video. Which would be a shame, because there's a lot more worth videoing in Persona 2.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Experiment with other methods, one of them's bound to work. Getting SMT1 working properly took forever and a day, but it was worth it.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Since Rent seems to actually do the recordings fast, Rent could play the game, and you guys could do post commentary

The SA Fallout LP is great because of that

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Dialup internet jokes never get old.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Dialup internet jokes never get old.

I'm constantly amazed at the rate with Henroid changes his avatar. He must spend weeks planning and executing the uploads.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    This forum is the most 56k friendly on the net still, true story.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    That's because of the stringent rules on gifs and such.

You want to get buried in them, check out Doujinstyle or GAF.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Actually, I should change that to say "bandwidth-use friendly," because we live in a world where people have bandwidth caps every month and those MB's worth of images add up.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Ibelieve this brings the total number of "Josh is colorblind" jokes fro
    Henroid up to 6274

That horse is dead, bro

I don't know, there's still some pretty fertile ground

4a8354d3-01eb-42b9-85bb-e9e95c9eb9bc.png

Now if you'll excuse me, there are some bombs that need disarming

Anybody want to stand around in the same room while I clip the colored wires?

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    ... it... it's a good thing that pie chart has a slice elevated away... so josh can... y'know...

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    ... it... it's a good thing that pie chart has a slice elevated away... so josh can... y'know...

Holy crap, I can't believe the image loaded in just barely over an hour for you!

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I'm gonna start making fun of Adus now

making fun of josh/henroid is tiring and easy

Adus. More like Badus

Rent on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Rent, like the kind he can't pay because he sits around and makes Let's Plays all day

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    My dad is color blind.

It doesn't really come up like ever so I constantly forget about unless I'm specifically reminded about it.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Rent, like the kind he can't pay because he sits around and makes Let's Plays all day

Oh snap

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I'm color blind

I don't see race

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I'm color blind

I don't see race

Yeah well I'm so colorblind I don't even see the person

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm color blind

I don't see race

Formula 1 and Nascar must be hella boring for you

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    TrynantTrynant Maniac Brawler Rank 20.100 and full WildRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I want to see someone do a Let's Play of Formula 1 and/or Nascar.

"Okay guys, I'm back and I'm taking another left turn...."

EDIT: On a note relating to...you know, LP's, I'm rather annoyed at how bad the sound quality of my first set of my LP is, but I'm even more annoyed that in order to fix the quality I'm going to have to do an entirely new commentary because I accidentally mixed the game audio with my commentary (i.e. it is impossible to easily tweak the original sound).

:x:x:x:x

Trynant on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Klyka wrote: »
    Nascar must be hella boring

Cropped out all the unnecessary parts of your statement for you

Rent on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

"Welcome to Let's Play Nascaaaaaaaar! I'mma gonna drive reeeeeeeal fassssst and steer left sometiiiiimes! Wooooo NASCAAAAAAR!"

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    The only way to make a LP of Mario Kart Wii is to cut every bit of footage that isn't you being hit by a blue shell, POW, lightning bolt or bullet bill

It would still be several sets long at at least 20 minutes a pop

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Racing games you have to pick carefully to LP. I was actually thinking about LP'ing Road Rash 3, for about 5 seconds before I realized the whole LP would be the same 6 / 7 stages, only a bit longer each time you see them. Can't really show things off in that regard.

Henroid on
  • Options
    ZahrkonZahrkon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

"Welcome to Let's Play Nascaaaaaaaar! I'mma gonna drive reeeeeeeal fassssst and steer left sometiiiiimes! Wooooo NASCAAAAAAR!"

Pretty sure nascar games have R&D, crew management, and car tweaking mid race. still probably not good to LP but better than most racing games.

Zahrkon on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I'm gonna start making fun of Adus now

making fun of josh/henroid is tiring and easy

Adus. More like Badus

Maybe we can Rent your account out to someone who will make good posts.

8-)

Adus on