As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PA Forum Let's Play Archive - OLD THREAD IS OLD DON'T POST IN THIS ONE

• Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    My last LP thread got a lot of posts from other people.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Helloween threads usually get a lot of spoiler talk and chatter.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Pancake wrote: »

You did an LP thread here?

Adus on
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Helloween threads usually get a lot of spoiler talk and chatter.
    The SH3 thread is pretty tame though. Probably in part because I'm really skittish about posting about what I know about secrets helloween missed, or information from a japanese only companion book.

Though, having discussion about a game in the thread, people talking about what they know ETC is a very good thing. It's enjoyable to see people talking about how they did a section differently. It really helps to find the different playstyles people have.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Adus wrote: »

i think the joke is she's joking about her metro lp

Rent on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    valgomir wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    Wait, you really deleted the links to all the uncompleted ones? You couldn't just snarkily yell at them and put them under a spoiler so that the people it offends don't have to look at them?

Yeah, this.
    Dammit Henroid, now surrealitycheck will be able to pretend there has never been a TRU LP.

if surreality (or anybody else) wants to get back on the list there is an astoundingly easy way to do so.

i will give you three guesses as to how such a thing could be accomplished

Rent on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Rent wrote: »
    Wait, you really deleted the links to all the uncompleted ones? You couldn't just snarkily yell at them and put them under a spoiler so that the people it offends don't have to look at them?

Yeah, this.
    Dammit Henroid, now surrealitycheck will be able to pretend there has never been a TRU LP.

if surreality (or anybody else) wants to get back on the list there is an astoundingly easy way to do so.

I figured the first parts out on my own but how the HELL do I get the red ball from that damn cat???
    No one will get this

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011

i think the joke is she's joking about her metro lp

Well that doesn't make any sense, since I specified 'here'. Unless she missed that. Which would make my post sound very odd as it would be pretty dumb to say no LP threads anywhere have conversation since that's obviously not true for SA.

Adus on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    The joke is that I jokingly brag about how much more successful my LP thread was than the majority of the ones here no matter how inappropriate it is.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Self-aware deliberate awfulness. Impressive as always Pancake.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I suppose I should have been more aware of that possibility.

Adus on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Deadpan-cake

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Klyka wrote: »
    Deadpan-cake
    This deserves a slow clap.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    valgomirvalgomir Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Yeah, this.

No, see, he will just not update because he can deny any existence of such an LP. He's a Brit, you never know with those guys :P
    <3

valgomir on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'll remember. Forever.
    Everytime he calls me a robot I'll be like "Hey about that LP" and keep the link around.
    He'll never escape.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Huh, I'm surprised my Castlevania LP is still listed.

Hmm...maybe I will try to record a solo commentary to at least have an update this weekend. It is just not working out trying to get those same guys back. Like, any of them. Perhaps I will try to wrangle my local friends into doing a set. That's...not very likely though, since they're like married and one of them has a kid.

pfeh

Schide on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I haven't yet gone through "in progress" marks to see if they're still indeed in progress. Something tells me my right-hand man, Rent, will do it for me!

Also, just a few more pages now 'til new thread. I'll still be managing it (as noted in the announcement, I'll be more on top of things). I still feel unhappy with the tech support section for some reason, but I can't put my finger on it.

Henroid on
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Henroid wrote: »
    John Morris. We can talk more when I'm able to rig together a recording station.

How fortuitous! I don't particularly care for the token whip-wielder in Bloodlines, as cool as he is, he can't fill the screen with blue fire.

On the recording station: yeah, that's currently my issue. I was doing some test videos without capture card and unspeakable things, but if it comes to it I can post pictures of the goddamn cartridge I have sitting, literally, in my Genesis right now.

there were also some issues encoding the raw video, but I think I got those worked out.

MechMantis on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    It might help to add some of the recording programs out there to the resources list.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    And to take off Mediacoder as a recommended resource since it sucks now.

Adus on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I thrive entirely off of view count. If no one posts, oh well, but if I know I have 2000 viewers, I'm happy. (Or 200 people refreshing ten times, whatever.)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    your view count is an entirely horrible way to judge how many viewers you have

quite possibly the worst way to judge how many viewers you have besides picking numbers out of a hat

Rent on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Well, no one replies. I take what I can get.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    heenato wrote: »
    It might help to add some of the recording programs out there to the resources list.

Y'all should name / link some.
    And to take off Mediacoder as a recommended resource since it sucks now.

Uh, any details on that? Just for my personal curiosity.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    mediacoder is apparently shit now and the new hotness is meGUI i think

i dunno

never had problems with mediacoder and am unwilling to learn a new program that does the exact same thing as what i currently do with no visible differences

Rent on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    It's unstable, often failing to complete encodes or crashing altogether. I'm not just blindly following SA's tech page either as these things have happened to me. meGUI isn't perfect either since it has been having issues lately as well, but it's better, not to mention allows for more encoding options and settings. Zarx264gui seems to be the stable program at the moment.

You should probably just read the Tech Support Fort on SA in general since it was recently updated.

Adus on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Basically, SA Tech Supports new rule is "Encode in H264 and FAAC with Megui and Avisynth you fucks!" and treat mediacoder as the program they used to recommend back when they "didn't know any better".

I read most of the tech support forts old thread and new thread while I was setting up my lets play.

There are some fantastic avi synth guides up there and a mod I personally recommend for Avisynth is AVPMod which GUI's the most common functions you would use in it. I've been setting up all my videos with this combination for weeks now.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    If you don't want to mess with avisynth, you should do your editing in whatever program, then render as a uncompressed file. Then you can use MeGUI to encode it in x.264

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Seriously, I'm the worst person for learning coding and I could do it. It's a remarkably structured language.
    Editing in a separate program and rendering it going to add hours to your time that you wont actually save in an editing program once you get used to avisynth.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    wait I have an lp

WHY DO YOU LIEEEEEEEEEE

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Your Tomb Raider: Underworld thinger hasn't been updated in almost a year and it's only five updates in. S'why I removed it.

Henroid on
  • Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Seriously, I'm the worst person for learning coding and I could do it. It's a remarkably structured language.
    Editing in a separate program and rendering it going to add hours to your time that you wont actually save in an editing program once you get used to avisynth.

Any software you actually pay money for will render to h.264 though, usually under the name AVC, so it's only a problem for smaller editors, or people who really don't want to learn avisynth

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Forum stuff!

When the beta starts for the new forum software I'm gonna have to make sure all the bbcode from this thread holds up in the transfer, and make changes accordingly. It'll be a good test of the bbcode too, to see what kind of nitpicks show up. Hopefully indent tags hold up; this is the one forum I've been on that has 'em available and boy oh boy do I use them.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Henroid wrote: »
    I haven't yet gone through "in progress" marks to see if they're still indeed in progress. Something tells me my right-hand man, Rent, will do it for me!

oh yeah right

Afraid of Monsters: Director's Cut
    by Cyrus106 -- video -- in progress

last update one month ago

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
    by Schide -- video -- in progress

last update four months ago

Command Ops: Battle from the Bulge
    by bamjo -- screenshot -- in progress

last update one month ago

Grand Theft Auto IV
    by rb_man -- video -- in progress

last update two months ago

Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and the Damned
    by Adus -- video -- in progress

completed

Half-Life: Opposing Force
    by Cyrus106 -- video -- in progress

last update two months ago

Half-Life 2
    by Nappucino and Jaramr -- video -- in progress

last post eight months ago

Might & Magic VII
    by VeritasVR -- video -- in progress
    VeritasVR wrote: »
    Discontinued due to lack of interest.

Sniper Ghost Warrior
    by Spartan 0092 -- video -- in progress

there is one post in this thread. it is the OP. that was four months ago.

Persona 2: Innocent Sin
    by Blackjack -- hybrid -- in progress
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Okay, so obviously this hasn't been updated in a while. But don't worry, I am still trucking along! School has just been hectic, and I'm way too exhausted after class to work on updates, and on days off I am...doing school work, usually. I am hoping to get an update out next weekend.

posted two weeks ago

Super Robot Wars W
    by Pata -- screenshot -- in progress

last post five months ago

Wizards & Warriors (Activision, 2000)
    by guar -- format pending -- in progress

last post four months ago

World in Conflict: Soviet Union
    by SimpsonsParadox -- video -- in progress

last post three months ago

Rent on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Instead of changing Lost and Damned to completed, just change the title to Episodes from Liberty City and keep the In Progress, cause I'm not gonna make a new thread for the next episode.

Adus on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Since the final battle of Raidou 1 is complete and utter insanity on Devil Mode, I'm practicing it on Normal.

That's one way to see the ending.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm surprised the Medieval II: Total War game isn't listed under the recommended games from the SA LP Archive.

I think it's called a Scotsman in Egypt or something. I always thought it was really well done.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    There's also a pretty good Metro 2033 LP up there.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Heir wrote: »
    I'm surprised the Medieval II: Total War game isn't listed under the recommended games from the SA LP Archive.

I think it's called a Scotsman in Egypt or something. I always thought it was really well done.

That is an EXCELLENT read. ALSO, there's a prequel called an Egyptian in Scotland, done in Rome if I remember right. It's much shorter, but pretty silly.

MechMantis on
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    MechMantis wrote: »
    Heir wrote: »

That is an EXCELLENT read. ALSO, there's a prequel called an Egyptian in Scotland, done in Rome if I remember right. It's much shorter, but pretty silly.

Yeah I didn't care for the prequel one. However the Scotsman in Egypt was excellent. You can tell whomever wrote it put a lot of thought and effort into it. Probably my favorite LP hands down...right up there with Stolls S.T.A.L.K.E.R. LP and the Vampire: Masquerade one (both here and on SA).

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png