As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Need a decent mouse for left handed folks

LibrarianLibrarian The face of liberal fascismRegistered User regular
edited August 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
After not even a year my Razer Copperhead is suffering too much from the apparently wellknown left button doubleclick problem to be bearable anymore, I fixed it temporarily using some of the crafting 101 stuff I found on the web, but it's just annoying.

So, I need a decent mouse, price range up to let's say 40 bucks max, that will last me longer than the Razer.
Thing is, it can't be ergonomically shaped for right handed users, since I am a lefty.

I don't need a mouse that is designed for left handed people, unless someone knows of one that is totally awesome, I just want a regular mouse. Please no wireless one.

Librarian on

• Options
    corky842corky842 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I was just about to suggest the left-handed Razer Deathadder, but looks like you don't want anything from them.

How about the MS Intellimouse Optical? I've used it for years with no problems.

corky842 on
  • Options
    LibrarianLibrarian The face of liberal fascism Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    If anyone knows if the Deathadder has no issues with the mouse buttons I wouldn't mind buying another Razer product. I was very happy with the Copperhead for a while, but the way the buttons wear out is just cheap.

Librarian on
  • Options
    SpacemilkSpacemilk Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I've had a deathadder for two years now; it lasted through some significant clickage as I played WoW for a long time (and still do). I have no problems whatsoever with it and like it quite a lot.

Spacemilk on
  • Options
    LibrarianLibrarian The face of liberal fascism Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Looking at the Deathadder, but not completely convinced, some people write that the extra buttons are way too sensitive and are often clicked accidentally, any word on that?
    Also I got big hands and long fingers, so anything that would benefit my freakish physique would be great.
    I am currently thinking I might go well over my 40€ limit if it means I get a durable and comfortable mouse.

Librarian on
  • Options
    corky842corky842 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    There's space for your thumb below the side buttons. I have Xbox "Duke" controller-sized hands, and the Deathadder feels a bit too small, but it's not bad.

corky842 on