As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cryostasis for free.

2»

Posts

  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    That was quick! Dead now:

    http://www.evga.com/cryocode/default.asp

    Was giving me a 404, but now they require a hardware serial to get Metro 2033 instead.

    Zilla360 on
    NH844lc.png | PSN | GACSALB.jpg My Blog |🏳️‍⚧️♥️
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    meatflower wrote: »
    Big Isy wrote: »
    BUT I JUST BOUGHT THIS DURING THE STEAM SALE
    Oh no, 3 dollars...

    It's going for $12.99 at this very moment so LewieP's still got my vote for sainthood.

    No it was about that price during the Steam Summer sale which is what cooljammer and myself were referring to.

    Big Classy on
  • IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Not seeing this any more. Link from Savygamer goes to a "free Metro 2033 with purchase of new video card' page. While I have been planning to get a GTX460, the plan wasn't for right now...

    Edit: Ah, old news.

    IceBurner on
    3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
  • meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    That was quick! Dead now:

    http://www.evga.com/cryocode/default.asp

    Was giving me a 404, but now they require a hardware serial to get Metro 2033 instead.

    Hot damn. My download just finished and it's installing right now. Looks like I got in just minutes before they closed it.

    meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • AzadIsCoolAzadIsCool Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    IceBurner wrote: »
    Not seeing this any more. Link from Savygamer goes to a "free Metro 2033 with purchase of new video card' page. While I have been planning to get a GTX460, the plan wasn't for right now...

    Edit: Ah, old news.

    I think someone could upload the downloader and you guys who didn't get there in time can still dl it. I'd do it if I knew how.

    AzadIsCool on
    leftaq.jpgcenterv.jpgrightz.jpg
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    AzadIsCool wrote: »
    IceBurner wrote: »
    Not seeing this any more. Link from Savygamer goes to a "free Metro 2033 with purchase of new video card' page. While I have been planning to get a GTX460, the plan wasn't for right now...

    Edit: Ah, old news.

    I think someone could upload the downloader and you guys who didn't get there in time can still dl it. I'd do it if I knew how.

    Pretty sure that's illegal.

    cj iwakura on
    y3H3Fa4.png
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    What is it with the illegal talk today!?

    Big Classy on
  • AzadIsCoolAzadIsCool Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    AzadIsCool wrote: »
    IceBurner wrote: »
    Not seeing this any more. Link from Savygamer goes to a "free Metro 2033 with purchase of new video card' page. While I have been planning to get a GTX460, the plan wasn't for right now...

    Edit: Ah, old news.

    I think someone could upload the downloader and you guys who didn't get there in time can still dl it. I'd do it if I knew how.

    Pretty sure that's illegal.

    How is it illegal? It's no different from registering and downloading it.

    I uploaded it to Megaupload, but first I need confirmation that it's DRM free and doesn't require a CD key. Can anyone who downloaded it tell me if it needs a cd key?

    AzadIsCool on
    leftaq.jpgcenterv.jpgrightz.jpg
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    AzadIsCool wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    AzadIsCool wrote: »
    IceBurner wrote: »
    Not seeing this any more. Link from Savygamer goes to a "free Metro 2033 with purchase of new video card' page. While I have been planning to get a GTX460, the plan wasn't for right now...

    Edit: Ah, old news.

    I think someone could upload the downloader and you guys who didn't get there in time can still dl it. I'd do it if I knew how.

    Pretty sure that's illegal.

    How is it illegal? It's no different from registering and downloading it.

    I uploaded it to Megaupload, but first I need confirmation that it's DRM free and doesn't require a CD key. Can anyone who downloaded it tell me if it needs a cd key?

    Because EVGA only purchased a set number of coupons to give away free. Someone payed for these games.

    agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • AzadIsCoolAzadIsCool Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Does that mean you do need a CD key?

    AzadIsCool on
    leftaq.jpgcenterv.jpgrightz.jpg
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    If you got a code from EVGA already, you're golden, the nvidia site will still give you a download.

    If you didn't get a code from EVGA, you missed out.

    If anyone has an EVGA card and already has Metro, I'll buy a steamworks code at a low price.

    LewieP on
  • AzadIsCoolAzadIsCool Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    But that code just unlocked the download. Did you also need it to validate your install? Like a serial key? I'm still downloading the game.

    AzadIsCool on
    leftaq.jpgcenterv.jpgrightz.jpg
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Nah, just download then install.

    LewieP on
  • AzadIsCoolAzadIsCool Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    In that case, I uploaded the downloader to megaupload for anyone who missed out, but I need to ask a moderator if it's considered piracy or not.

    AzadIsCool on
    leftaq.jpgcenterv.jpgrightz.jpg
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh, I see what you mean. Uh, I think that is piracy by definition isn't it?

    LewieP on
  • AzadIsCoolAzadIsCool Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    But it's DRM free, and it was being given away for free.

    You're probably right though. Sorry to anyone who missed out.

    AzadIsCool on
    leftaq.jpgcenterv.jpgrightz.jpg
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The page died just in the ten minutes it took me to register.

    Drat.

    Zilla360 on
    NH844lc.png | PSN | GACSALB.jpg My Blog |🏳️‍⚧️♥️
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh man Metro 2033! I've been itching for a sale on it. If anyone already bought it but has a code thingy, I would pay you for it.

    edit: Strike that, Lewie asked first.

    Big Classy on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So since my post it's been downloading. I'm only on Data 2 of 6, it keeps restarting. Why does this use Nvidia's crap downloader?

    urahonky on
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    urahonky wrote: »
    So since my post it's been downloading. I'm only on Data 2 of 6, it keeps restarting. Why does this use Nvidia's crap downloader?

    Digital River's crap downloader, actually. I was having issues with it earlier too.

    Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    This offer is totally over now guys.

    I guess I'll plug my site a little more, SavyGamer.co.uk is my bargains site. It's UK centric, but I also have a section/rss feed for just DD stuff that is international, and a lot of the retailers I link to ship across Europe.

    Hope you all enjoy Cryostasis.

    Edit: I had no problems at all with the downloader. It was really quick for me.

    LewieP on
  • Uncle_BalsamicUncle_Balsamic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Is it me or is the 360 RSS feed broken?

    Uncle_Balsamic on
    2LmjIWB.png
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Works fine in feedly for me.

    Edit: What exactly is the problem?

    LewieP on
  • Uncle_BalsamicUncle_Balsamic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Just not showing anything at all. Might just be firefox being rubbish. All the rest are fine though.

    Uncle_Balsamic on
    2LmjIWB.png
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited August 2010
    The giveaway is over, and so is this thread. In the future, even if something is being given away for free that doesn't mean you can redistribute it for free. Only abandonware has that status.

    A duck! on
This discussion has been closed.