As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[One Piece] His dream has changed but innuendo is forever

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Is this arc just going to be one beatdown after another?

I'm fine with that.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This arc is all about "Look what I can do now!"

silence1186 on
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    In retrospect, shouldn't Chopper have been standing with Sanji there?

Hell, shouldn't Usopp be talking about Buggy instead of the Joker?

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    huh, good question. Oh well. Looks pretty good at that resolution.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It would make a nice desktop, definitely.

Schide on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I should have realized it when he first showed up, but I just figured out how Van Der Decken having four legs and trying to murder a beautiful woman will make him a natural opponent for Sanji.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sanji turning to stone came out of nowhere. Am I missing some culture specific folk-tale?

durax on
  • Options
    YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    durax wrote: »
    Sanji turning to stone came out of nowhere. Am I missing some culture specific folk-tale?
    You don't need a culture-specific folk tale to see how turning to stone might be an innuendo for something...

But Boa Hancock also turned Sanji to stone (without using her power). I saw it as a reference to that.

(Also, I lost it at "but I thought your dream was All Blue!")

Yougottawanna on
  • Options
    B_RB_R Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I only hope that the other pirate emperors have DF powers. All of them just having Haki like Shanks would be boring.

I'm also looking forward to some new Shichibukai, since there are only 3 of the original ones left. (I don't think that Kuma still counts)

B_R on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    B_R wrote: »
    I only hope that the other pirate emperors have DF powers. All of them just having Haki like Shanks would be boring.

I'm also looking forward to some new Shichibukai, since there are only 3 of the original ones left. (I don't think that Kuma still counts)

Buggy for Shichibukai

silence1186 on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It's a Life saving response from Sanji's immune system

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So the new episode came out tonight, how are the preview clips of next week's episode on youtube 6 days old? I clicked on a couple of them and they were the real deal. Could they have just been updated with the real clip after being the fake clip for a week?

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So the new episode came out tonight, how are the preview clips of next week's episode on youtube 6 days old? I clicked on a couple of them and they were the real deal. Could they have just been updated with the real clip after being the fake clip for a week?

This week's was supposed to be aired last week, so maybe the TV station still posted the preview at the regular time.

DHS on
    "Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So I was bumming around Toronto around the Eaton Centre sometime last week and came across a store that carries a bunch of import toys from Japan. It didn't take long before I found a whole slew of Portrait of Pirates statues, and man are they hella expensive.

I found the Franky one, and it made me miss his old body type all the more :(

Godfather on
  • Options
    Akei ArkayAkei Arkay Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Well, he already turned to stone once, when he caught a glimpse of Boa Hancock as the Straw Hats were leaving Shabaody. Petrification is one of her abilities, though normally she has to use Mero-Mero Mellow first :? Maybe Sanji's body was so affected by that experience that he'll now turn to stone in the presence of any super-hot woman? Of course, that means that Scaredy-Cat's beauty is comparable to Hancock's...

Oh lord, imagine if Hancock found out that Luffy was hanging out with the Mermaid Princess. Maybe that's how Fishman Island gets destroyed...

Akei Arkay on
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I would just like to re-point out that Bepo is the best henchbear ever.

I love how the entire cast in the series went from a talking reindeer being a big deal to being non-plussed by a talking kung-fu bear.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    KasanagiKasanagi Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Man, the next episode or two is going to be both brutal and awesome at the same time.

Then we move onto the not-quite-filler-but-feels-like-filler arc. Oh joy of joys!

Kasanagi on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Akei Arkay wrote: »
    Well, he already turned to stone once, when he caught a glimpse of Boa Hancock as the Straw Hats were leaving Shabaody. Petrification is one of her abilities, though normally she has to use Mero-Mero Mellow first :? Maybe Sanji's body was so affected by that experience that he'll now turn to stone in the presence of any super-hot woman? Of course, that means that Scaredy-Cat's beauty is comparable to Hancock's...

Oh lord, imagine if Hancock found out that Luffy was hanging out with the Mermaid Princess. Maybe that's how Fishman Island gets destroyed...

You're reading too much into it.
    He just got a hard on.

RockinX on
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Kasanagi wrote: »
    Man, the next episode or two is going to be both brutal and awesome at the same time.

Then we move onto the not-quite-filler-but-feels-like-filler arc. Oh joy of joys!

I loved that arc.
    Luffy's life has always been a mystery, so having all that exposition entertained me.

Also, you can't go from action to more action without a break in between.

Turkey on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    From another forum:
    No jump this week, Shueisha can't maintain constant power and is having difficulty printing

Jragghen on
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Well that sucks.

But it's understandable given the situation. If anything, I think it's commendable that they're even operating at a reduced capacity right now.

Turkey on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    If Jump takes the entire month off to get things in order it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

Godfather on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Godfather wrote: »
    If Jump takes the entire month off to get things in order it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

i would be ashamed if anyone seriously had a problem with this, or with them taking potentially longer

shame, then anger

Arch on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I was very briefly irked the other week when there was no ep, but then I remembered there was a damn good reason.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You mean they can't power the building with will power and their passion for manga? Bakuman has showed me a fallacy.

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Godfather wrote: »
    So I was bumming around Toronto around the Eaton Centre sometime last week and came across a store that carries a bunch of import toys from Japan. It didn't take long before I found a whole slew of Portrait of Pirates statues, and man are they hella expensive.

I found the Franky one, and it made me miss his old body type all the more :(

Where is this place? :O

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    It's on the third level of the AMC movie theater building, right above the Future Shop level. Look around the food court area and you'll find a store with a bunch of japanese stuff in it.

Pretty snazzy stuff in there.

Godfather on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    tallgeeze wrote: »
    You mean they can't power the building with will power and their passion for manga? Bakuman has showed me a fallacy.

They probably all got pay cuts because they couldn't.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
  • Options
    fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    *sigh*

Such a sad episode... poor Luffy.

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    fmz65 wrote: »
    *sigh*

Such a sad episode... poor Luffy.

Indeed.

Looks like next week's episode is going to be a crossover special. Boo for no plot advancement.

Zython on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    What episode does the 5th opening theme start with? Cuz I am waitin' like crazy for the english version they're gonna do.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    What episode does the 5th opening theme start with? Cuz I am waitin' like crazy for the english version they're gonna do.

Apparently, 207.

Zython on
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So who would win in a fight, Garp or Shanks?

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    So who would win in a fight, Garp or Shanks?

Does Blackbeard have enough time to prepare?

Zython on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    It seems like they're using less than 1 chapter per week now. Is the pace of the story going to slow even more?

silence1186 on
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    By the end of the year, they'll be going at a rate of one episode per panel.

With lots of reaction shots.

Schrodinger on
This discussion has been closed.