As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

City of Herpes: Going Rogue: TANKS OWN, DEAL W/IT

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited August 2010
    just hold them so they're perpendicular to each other

call it

the crossbow

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Veretas wrote: »
    Archery is always pretty sweet.

But with Dual Pistols you have two guns

Not one

Two fucking guns

And yeah they have some that can look like that, you may have to use a full-face helmet and then use a head accessory part for the visor though. It's been a while since I've played.

Mostly I wanna try Archery because I got a gander at Rain of Arrows and holy shitmobiles that power looks like it owns hard

That and the powergamer in me tells me that Swap Ammo, while cool in concept, ain't worth giving up Aim for

(Bullet Rain with inferno rounds looks cool as hell, though)

Ledneh on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    power gaming is such bullshit aaaaaargh

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    WallhitterWallhitter Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    DP/EM with a single target focus fucking owns

great conceptually too.

Wallhitter on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Besides if you really wanted to power game with a Blaster you would roll a Fire/Mental one.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ledneh wrote: »
    Veretas wrote: »
    Archery is always pretty sweet.

But with Dual Pistols you have two guns

Not one

Two fucking guns

And yeah they have some that can look like that, you may have to use a full-face helmet and then use a head accessory part for the visor though. It's been a while since I've played.

Mostly I wanna try Archery because I got a gander at Rain of Arrows and holy shitmobiles that power looks like it owns hard

That and the powergamer in me tells me that Swap Ammo, while cool in concept, ain't worth giving up Aim for

(Bullet Rain with inferno rounds looks cool as hell, though)

Swap ammo is hella better than aim. That's what build-up's for.

Scooter on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Man fuck you Geebs

I don't have the money for an MMO right now

Why are you doing this to me

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    because I rule

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    geebs teach me how to play a tank and not take three hours to do missions a brute could do in ten minutes

Pony on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    be a fire tank

get burn

profit

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    yeah no

Pony on
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

believe me I know it's dumb but I can't resist the allure

SPREADSHEETS

HIT POINTS

Ledneh on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Power gaming is a lot of fun, but I can definitely sympathize with the people who just don't want to mess with all that bullshit.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    i don't try to powergame in this game

but i've also made a point of learning not to make mistakes that will actively gimp you and make the game frustrating when it doesn't need to be

like not taking Stamina

or playing a Defender

Pony on
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

You wound me, sir.

Narbus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    narbus is my favorite narbus

Pony on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The alignment system is completely fucking amazing, you guys.

Pony on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I just wish it didn't remove stuff for being a rogue/vigilante. While having access to both sides means having plenty of content, on villain side especially almost all the real content is in story arcs. On a non-50 especially it feels like I'm hurting myself by not going full red or blue.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    yeah no

you aren't ready for the training

you're too old

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Scooter wrote: »
    I just wish it didn't remove stuff for being a rogue/vigilante. While having access to both sides means having plenty of content, on villain side especially almost all the real content is in story arcs. On a non-50 especially it feels like I'm hurting myself by not going full red or blue.

That's kinda the point, Scooter.

Narbus on
  • Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    But I want to have my cake and kidnap, murder, or rob it too!

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    everyone post some characters

thenewtect.jpg

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    What the hell

I haven't played in two days and suddenly there is a 3.6 gig update?

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Must just be checking files or something. No way I'm getting 6.5 mb/sec download speeds from the server.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It's probably just verifying the files making sure everything is in order.

edit:

Which is what you just said.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    ArinthynArinthyn Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    It is just verifying the files, when I was 14 and this game came out I was like OMG 7 mb/s MY INTARNET IS FAST LOL. I later learned to use computers.

Also anyone else on Freedom? I have a level 26 Scrapper, 25 Blaster, 23 Blaster, 23 Brute, 22 Blaster, 21 Corruptor, 20 Scrapper, 19 Scrapper, 14 Brute, 11 Mastermind, 9 Defender, and 5 Scrapper. I don't have altitis, just around 8 main characters. (I wish CO didn't blow because I love experimenting with different powersets)

Arinthyn on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    How do you guys get good screenshot of your character? The game forces your dude to the lowest part of the screen so proper zooming cuts off like 50% of the character unless you're at a retarded angle.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    Agent VesagoAgent Vesago Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All Bastard. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I sometimes use a screen grab program.
    Like SnagIt.

Ok, Some of my characters.

My main guy on Guardian Toxic Shock (Scrapper, Dark/Regen)
    ToxicShock-1.png

Some of my guys on Virtue.

My Brute Robot Dog (Elect/Elect)
    RobotDog-1.png
    My Dom Von Monocle (Mind/Psi)
    VonMonocle.png
    My Corruptor Das Verboten (DP/Pain)
    screenshot_100401-07-58-39.jpg
    screenshot_100307-08-47-37.jpg

Agent Vesago on
    Clowns.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    this is my new SS/WP Brute, Star Player:

Star-Player.jpg

he's a Praetorian Loyalist, doing the Power arc

Pony on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited August 2010
    That guy looks awesome Pony. Let me know when you're out of Praetoria and I'll level you to foot stomp.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    That guy looks awesome Pony. Let me know when you're out of Praetoria and I'll level you to foot stomp.

yaaay!

basically the idea behind Star Player is that he's a former athlete who was so amazing some dudes at Powers Division were like "Hmm." and he got offered the position of glorious fame and authority by kicking ass in the name of the Emperor

so I'm playing through the Power Loyalist arc basically as a super-jock. He's a glory-hound douchebag who's pretty much in it for the fame

Pony on
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I remember my stupid ass description getting me renamed Toaster Tits about 9 seconds after one of you guys read it.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Here are my 3.

Horde of Locuts, my first character. It should have been Swarm, but I was too eager to get started to think a lot about the name. Stalker.
    horde.png

Remote Query, my second character. Brute. She's (way) more fun to play than my Stalker, but isn't in Praetoria as I want the epic CoV dudes.
    remotel.png

Queen Litch, a terrible name (Lich would have been more subtle and undumb but taken) for a Zombie Mastermind. I haven't really played her at all yet. Masterminds are going to be interesting to get into.
    queenj.png

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    untitled-4.png?t=1283010686
    This is the only awful, awful picture I have of my favorite Praetorian, the Geneva Confection

JohnHam on
    signature.png

• Options
    edited August 2010
    Behold: The Encyclopedia Scooterica!

First off, of course is Scooter. Force Field superspeedster mutant, uses his powers for fame and celebrity. (FF/Energy Defender)
    Scooter1.jpgScooter2.jpg

The Shining Spirit, former cop and martial artist who was given mystical artifacts by her master, giving her great speed, strength, regeneration, and flashy yellow skin whenever she puts them on. (MA/Regen Scrapper)
    Shining1.jpgShining2.jpg

The Sable Spirit, (non-identical) twin sister of Shiny. Born with the mutant powers of psionics and blue skin, she never quite cut it as a hero until joining with the Warshade Sabelion. (Warshade)
    Sable1.jpgSable2.jpgSable3.jpg

The Aegis Phantom, a disciple of the Japanese mystic school known as the Path of the Living Light. She summons light elementals to fight by her side, and can manipulate light as if it were a solid object. (Illusion/FF Controller)
    Phantom1.jpg
    Phantom2.jpg

Nordic Golem, a Viking smith who was tricked into creating a cursed axe, and was then murdered by it, transforming him into a mindless stone golem. After his axe was recovered from a collection of Hellion artifacts, he has since done the bidding of Power's Allegory. (Stone/Axe Tank)
    Nordic1.jpg
    Nordic2.jpg

Lady Threnody, Praetorian of Operative Threnody. Born into a family of privilege and powers, she always wanted powers of her own. Unfortunately, the doctors she hired to give her cybernetic upgrades went far further than she had agreed to, losing most of her limbs, skin, and organs in the process. Humbled by her loss, she joined the Resistance to fight against those who believe in power at all costs. (Elec/Elec Dominator)
    LadyThren2.jpg
    LadyThren1.jpg

Lady Parabellum, trained to be an assassin from birth. She fled her order after being upset at being unable to choose her own targets, and has become a vigilante so that she can kill without worrying too much about her conscience. She loves to shoot things, and she is very, very good at it. (DP/Psi Blaster)
    LadyPara2.jpg
    LadyPara1.jpg

La Espina, a Columbian mutant born with great control over plant life. She was 'bought' at a young age by the drug cartels to create faster-growing, more potent crops, and later to act as an assassin. She became a free agent mercenary after Hollywood Nocturne killed her bosses, but has never enjoyed her life of crime and is working to redeem herself. (Plant/Thorns Dominator)
    Espina1.jpg

Alraune (aka "Blind Al"), a Germanic archer who was promoted to the ranks of the Valkyries in death. However, she wouldn't shut up about how the Valkyries ought to be doing more on Earth to help the mortals, and was eventually blinded, bound with Fire Giant chains, and banished for her annoyances. Someone must've liked her, though, as she can now sense her targets with even greater accuracy, and even control the flames. (Archery/Fire Blaster)
    Alraune.jpg
    Alraune2.jpg

Shapshu was once a fire sorceress, until she was chosen to become the avatar of the Canaanite Sun Goddess. For centuries she has done her bidding, and these days is investigating why an avatar of Lotan has become active in the Rogue Isles. (Fire/Thermal Controller)
    Shapshu.jpgShapshu2.jpg

By day, he is a mild mannered President.
    B-Rock1.jpg

But by other times of the day...
    B-Rock2.jpg

He. IS. B-ROCK SUPERALLAH!
    B-Rock3.jpg

Sarah Helms has been many things in her life. She was once the Battle Medic, a pacifist healer, but after being abandoned to a 5th Column prison for several weeks, she turned to a life of vigilantism and psychosis. First in Paragon (AR/Dev Blaster):
    H-Judgment3.jpgH-Judgment1.jpgH-Judgment2.jpg

Then in the Rogue Isles, after forcing a few minor gangs to aid her at gunpoint (Thugs/Traps MM):
    V-Judgment1.jpg
    V-Judgment2.jpg

However, after spending a few weeks in the hospital and losing her eye in a fight with a future Lord Recluse, she came to terms with her life and re-devoted herself to heroism as a Longbow Warden (MA/Shield Scrapper):
    Ward-Justice.jpg

Overlord Slider is the Praetorian version of Scooter. Instead of turning his force fields to defend others, he focused them on turning himself invincible. Like Scooter he desires adoration and power, unlike Scooter he enjoys causing pain to get it. (Energy/Energy Brute)
    Slider2.jpgSlider1.jpg

Splendid Spirit is the Praetorian version of Shining Spirit. Also a PPD veteran, she instead took her artifacts from her master and turned him in for being resistance. Her artifacts are slightly different, and instead allow her to move more swiftly through time as she fights. (KM/WP Scrapper)
    Splendid1.jpgSplendid2.jpg

Operative Threnody always wanted powers, and volunteered for an Arachnos Super Soldier power to get them, in the form of Sonic abilities. However, her program's funding was cut, her powers taken, and she was reassigned to the Blood Widows. Angered by this, she now pushes the limits of her authority to take back as much power as she can get. (Widow)
    Op-Threnody1.jpgOp-Threnody2.jpg

Lotan, an avatar of the Canaanite serpent God of Sea and Storms. Lotan was annoyed by the presence of the Coralax in his oceans, and sent his avatar to learn more about them, and destroy them if necessary.
    Lotan1.jpgLotan2.jpg

Huntress Fenja, a Nordic Frost Giant who has long hated mankind. She fights now for Arachnos as they value combat and warfare, but she existed before them and expects to exist for long after. (Bane Spider)
    Fenja1.jpgFenja2.jpg

Hollywood Nocturne, former black ops agent turned mercenary. He lost all sense of patriotism after killing many considered to be heroes in southeast Asia and South America, and went freelance. His powers come from a variety of sources gathered by Malta, and allows him to convert himself to a form of black smoke, giving him the ability to fly, regenerate, and create concealing clouds. (Merc/Dark MM)
    Hollywood.jpg

And that's all...for now....

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Haha, Geneva Confection is a pretty great name.

All of those are awesome scooter, but I especially like Hollywood Nocturne.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    oh god I really want to play this now

why did I read this thread

Shabooty on
  • Options
    ArinthynArinthyn Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    My main 2 Characters I've played recently:

Dynamic Intensity - Energy/Energy Brute, beats people up with her glowing pink hands!
    screenshot_100828-01-38-43.jpg

Revitalizing Lance - Spines/Regen Scrapper, Wolverine powers ripoff!
    screenshot_100828-12-07-10.jpg

EDIT: Mixed up the pictures.

Arinthyn on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Someone likes pink

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    This is Visser, my Ill/FF Controller I haven't played in basically forever because he's honestly kind of boring (but I like this costume)

holycrap.jpg

This is MALL BOT 1-A, a Mace/Shield brute, currently languishing away on the Rogue Isles.

letsgotothemall.jpg

and then there's this

DRUMSOFWAR.jpg

DJ Eebs on