As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] Incendiary Ammo makes Krogan extra crispy.

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    "Go for the optics! Go for the optics!"

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    That's one thing I've noticed, Tali's Drone is different from Shep/Legion's and is also named (Chatika vas Paws). Does it have different stats as well?

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    TracerBulletTracerBullet Spaceman Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Nocren wrote: »
    That's one thing I've noticed, Tali's Drone is different from Shep/Legion's and is also named (Chatika vas Paws). Does it have different stats as well?

You know how those Quarians are with machines.

Honestly, the fact that she NAMES it makes Shepard want to shoot her. Dumb bitch, knows nothing about her people's history apparently.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Naw.

Main difference is Shepard's drone is blue, Tali's purple, and Legion's orange
    . I guess it was just to add a personal touch to them.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    should have 4 man teams so you can have 4 engineers and go in the krogan formation.
    4 BALLS
    4 BALLS

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

You know how those Quarians are with machines.

Honestly, the fact that she NAMES it makes Shepard want to shoot her. Dumb bitch, knows nothing about her people's history apparently.

This is actually one of the more interesting things about Tali, and it's hinted at in the first game.
    Shepard realizes almost straight off the bat that the Morning War was primarily a result of quarian aggression and paranoia, and Tali shows herself to have internalized quarian propaganda about the geth as the eternal enemy of all organics, demonizing them far beyond what they should be. It's not her fault, of course - she lacks any and all perspective needed to know any better - but it's still an interesting character flaw that isn't talked about very often by her fans.

It only gets worse when you find out that the geth are basically an enormous race of Wall-E.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Just picked up the two seasons of JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED on DVD, and aside from rocking real hard, the show also has a whole bunch of Jennifer Hale in it. Zatanna the magician is her main role but she does several side voices, too. These were from 2004-2006, so before ME1, but she had already done plenty of work in BALDURS GATE and PLANESCAPE.

JLU does have an impressive lineup of voice talent. John C. McGinley, Jeremy Piven, Peri Gilpen, Ed Asner, Michael Ironside, Michael York, Joanne Whaley, Fred Savage, Michael Beach.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    GrimReaper wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »
    they didn't squash us because it is a dick move to punish a new species for breaking a rule they couldn't have known of made by a council of aliens they never knew existed

They didn't squash humanity because it'd make for a pretty boring mass effect game

I'm sorry, but can we just put an end to this line of reasoning? There is literally no fun in discussing things if people just wanna go

"Well, it didn't happen because otherwise we wouldn't play the game"

Let people have their fun discussing things, man.

This whole "Well, than the game wouldn't happen" line of reasoning is just like being that kid at the park who takes his ball home.

Err? It was a joke? Seriously, you didn't even quote the entire line "They didn't squash humanity because it'd make for a pretty boring mass effect game, "what's that? no human to stop saren? the end.""

Essentially, I was saying here's how the mass effect game would be without humanity in it. (aka, a series of short cutscenes)

Scene 1:

Citadel, business as usual. Shot of Turian councillor arguing with everyone else again "Ah yes, "humans". Good thing we destroyed them."

Scene 2:

Saren warps into the citadel and gets Sovereign to let the other reaspers into the galaxy.

Scene 3:

Reapers eat everything.

The end.

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Koris is great even if he's a jerk because he actually realizes that after 300 years, they should try maybe peacefully talking to them instead of always preparing for an invasion that never happens because it is not at all feasible.

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    they didn't squash us because it is a dick move to punish a new species for breaking a rule they couldn't have known of made by a council of aliens they never knew existed

They didn't squash humanity because it'd make for a pretty boring mass effect game

I'm sorry, but can we just put an end to this line of reasoning? There is literally no fun in discussing things if people just wanna go

"Well, it didn't happen because otherwise we wouldn't play the game"

Let people have their fun discussing things, man.

This whole "Well, than the game wouldn't happen" line of reasoning is just like being that kid at the park who takes his ball home.

Err? It was a joke? Seriously, you didn't even quote the entire line "They didn't squash humanity because it'd make for a pretty boring mass effect game, "what's that? no human to stop saren? the end.""

Essentially, I was saying here's how the mass effect game would be without humanity in it. (aka, a series of short cutscenes)

Scene 1:

Citadel, business as usual. Shot of Turian councillor arguing with everyone else again "Ah yes, "humans". Good thing we destroyed them."

Scene 2:

Saren warps into the citadel and gets Sovereign to let the other reaspers into the galaxy.

Scene 3:

Reapers eat everything.

The end.

Scene 1.5:

Garrus writing out a parking ticket commenting to another C-sec officer, "I feel like I could be having crazy adventures right now."

Orca on
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    That French-sounding doctor really dug him, so I suspect that Garrus was having plenty of, um, adventures without Shepard.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    If humanity got wiped out, Saren's brother would have never died, he wouldn't have hated humanity, so wouldn't have gotten seduced by Sovereign, so the rogue spectre agent of the reapers would actually be Blasto!

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    If humanity got wiped out, Saren's brother would have never died, he wouldn't have hated humanity, so wouldn't have gotten seduced by Sovereign, so the rogue spectre agent of the reapers would actually be Blasto!

with a lover in every port and a gun in every tentacle.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

And Nihlus would take on Sheppard's role.

It all makes sense.

C2B on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Good thing that never happened. There would truly be no hope then.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    C2B wrote: »

And Nihlus would take on Sheppard's role.

It all makes sense.

Nihlus would have been an awesome team mate.

to bad they killed him to show shit getting real :(

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    Nihlus's death bugs me, just because the game doesn't give you a chance to get attached to him.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Nihlus's death bugs me, just because the game doesn't give you a chance to get attached to him.

...Nihlus serves the role of the badass redshirt.

Like Buttcleft said, he's basically there to show you how real shit has become. Yet no matter how awesome he is...he's still a redshirt.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Since reapers are organic to a part. Can they reproduce?

C2B on
  • Options
    GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Reaper romance in ME3 confirmed.

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Reaper romance in ME3 confirmed.

horrible fanart incoming

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You act like it doesn't already exist.

Xtarath on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Bringing along Grunt made Miranda's loyalty mission accidentally hilarious in one part.
    "I wasn't the first one he made, I was just the first one he kept."

Camera cuts over to show Grunt looking barely interested

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Naw.

Tali just named hers, is all. They're colored to make it easy to see whose drone is where. Legion gets the blue one, Shepard gets the lame one.

Aww yeah they can. Put a little September on, turn the lights down low, tell Kelly to chill for a minute...
    reaper.jpg

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Naw.

Tali just named hers, is all. They're colored to make it easy to see whose drone is where. Legion gets the blue one, Shepard gets the lame one.

Aww yeah they can. Put a little September on, turn the lights down low, tell Kelly to chill for a minute...
    reaper.jpg

Sovereign was a girl

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Sovereign was a girl

So, Sovergin had sex with everyone in that certain part of the citadel? (Like "The beast with the Billion bucks" from futurama)

Because there still has to be something organic involved. Right?

Or IS the citadel a reaper?

C2B on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Sovereign was a girl

So, Sovergin had sex with everyone in that certain part of the citadel? (Like "The beast with the Billion bucks" from futurama)

There we go guys.

Right there.

ME3 ending.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sorry to interrupt this wonderful conversation about Reaper sex, but you remember those photos that were posted of a girl cosplaying as Miranda? Well.... that ain't got nothing on this one.
    36f94debf27f0dfd83b2efb380df5a107a98c77d.jpg
    3ee4cfb7fecc370f574b32968345d8dd5c71258c.jpg

Ad astra on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Ad astra wrote: »
    Sorry to interrupt this wonderful conversation about Reaper sex, but you remember those photos that were posted of a girl cosplaying as Miranda? Well.... that ain't got nothing on this one.

your red x's are truly a sight to behold

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Ad astra wrote: »

your red x's are truly a sight to behold

I would love to tap that blank space

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm always surprised you never run into any other awesome Spectres, but then I remember you're in space and there's like a few hundred.

Also they serve the Council and the running theme throughout all the games is the Council sucks. I was a little disappointed how little the end-game choices of ME1 affect things though.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Sovereign was a girl

There we go guys.

Right there.

ME3 ending.

The reason all the reaper are coming is not really because of the annihiliating all races part.

It's just because of Sex.

And this guys is the answer to all questions in the universe.

C2B on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    quick where is Taky's cosplay, I want to see how it matches up side-by-side

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Sovereign was a girl

There we go guys.

Right there.

ME3 ending.

vsove probably saw that and ran back to his boss yelling 'fuck fuck fuck fuck!'.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    -Loki- wrote: »

Sovereign was a girl

There we go guys.

Right there.

ME3 ending.

vsove probably saw that and ran back to his boss yelling 'fuck fuck fuck fuck!'.

Remember the council chambers are shaped like a Reaper already...!
    mass_effect_citadel_keeper_map.png
    Reaper.jpg

Orca on
  • Options
    VaLiantineVaLiantine Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

VaLiantine on
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    jack has so many tattoos they're basically clothing, i forget she's wearing a belt for a top

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    VaLiantine wrote: »

holy shit

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    In case anybody is wondering the tattoos are actually flesh-colored clothing, she goes into the process with more pictures here.

It's a damn fine cosplay.

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
This discussion has been closed.