Options

[Starcraft 2] Multiplayer discussion. Nerf Terran, Zerg, and Protoss please.

1535456585961

Posts

  • Options
    MuridenMuriden Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Klyka wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    Klyka wrote: »
    Someone PLEASE watch this replay and tell me exactly why I lost.
    repimg-33-141990.jpg

    I think it was because my Colossus came WAY too late. I can't believe one fucking Ghost one that guy the match. Seriously fuming with rage now.

    you should have killed his whole army before going after structures.

    the three stalkers you sent in after the fight were basically suicided. I know you killed scvs but that didn't help you.

    arguable you shouldn't have pushed out in the beginning but really it would have done well if you had actually killed his army. you lost at least 3-4 stalkers (besides the one you sent in after) because of target firing the addon.

    following that you're behind in army. the ghost is a big equalizer but you could have won I believe if you hadn't lost the extra stalkers, and also gotten that colossi up. he would have died at your ramp.

    I did kill his army,he just build a few marines and pulled his SCVs in. I know suiciding the Stalkers was stupid,but still. I was basically leading the entire game. And he kills me with ONLY MARINES. What the SHIT? I feel like a fucking Bronze player.

    I recently switched my build against MMM. I used to do Colossi, Zealot, Stalker, Sentry where I would use Force Fields to keep the ball at range where the Colossi would soften up the line for the others but found this was a pretty fragile set up and required a lot of time and money.

    What I've been playing around with is Charge-lot and High Templar with a spattering of Sentries. I've found this is a faster and more economical build as it's fairly easy to pull off on one base and can be very effective if played correctly. You can also work Void Rays in for harassment aside from your ball. The key to this is using Feedback on the Medivacs which will typically be at very high energy just before engagement, most bioball players will have around 4 Medivacs so I will plan to have at least 7 HT so I can negate the medivacs and have at least 3 storms. This is even better if you can position the storm to occur on a ramp. If you are fast enough to put up Force Fields in areas to block bioball traffic it can make the storm more effective.

    Best feeling in the world. I had a game where a T player was doing Hellion drops and I was able to feedback the Medivac that had full energy. Instantly killing it and the 4 Hellions inside. The player's only response was "ouch".

    Muriden on
    MrGulio.332 - Lover of fine Cheeses. Replays
    301787-1.png
  • Options
    king awesomeking awesome Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I need to start using HT more. I always opt for VRs or Immortals -> Collosi just because it's easier for me. If I try to go HTs I'm constantly worried about not micoing them properly and them dieing without actually doing anything.

    I've been really concentrating on using forcefields and holy shit can they really fuck up the enemy. Was doing a 2v2 with my friend. He plays T and as we pushed the enemy P's expansion a swarm of zerg came rushing in to slam us from the back. I popped FF's between the lings and my teammates bioball and caused the lings to path funky for a few extra seconds while he ripped them up and they couldn't get any surrounds. Felt awesome.

    king awesome on
    Bigsushi.fm
    Listen to our podcast, read our articles, tell us how much you hate it and how to make it better ;)
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah,I will from now on try to go Chargelots,Sentries and HTs against Terran. I need to work on my game with those units,haven't used them much at all.

    Also,I just trained for a DT Rush in the build order map and then actually pulled it off against a Protoss right after. 4 DTs in his base the moment his Robo-Bay finished. I kicked the Pylon powering it, went for his probes and he GGed.

    Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I am in need of a Terran practice partner. I have known about the "OP" 5rax Reaper harass available to Terran for about two weeks now, but noone has been using it against me on ladder so I haven't really played it much. And after MorroW's win over IdrA after practicing it with Dimaga for only a couple hours the night before the finals I expect to be fighting against it a lot this week.

    I've gotten decent at denying Helion harass, but im a little scared of a good reaper play. I also ran into the Hellion harass-> Banshee harass -> MM Push for kill last week and it destroyed me.

    I could really use some practice against someone that knows how to do the reaper harass effectively, the hellion harass->marauder/banshee transition, and a traditional MMM, 1/1/1 or straight up mech build. Switching it up in games so I am always guessing. If you would like a Zerg partner to hone these super effective builds against please add me to friends.

    Myrkur.959

    There aren't many builds Zerg can go with, but if there is something you have trouble with I can certainly replicate it for you(1base muta?, baneling bust?).

    Buddies on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Klyka wrote: »
    Yeah,I will from now on try to go Chargelots,Sentries and HTs against Terran. I need to work on my game with those units,haven't used them much at all.

    Also,I just trained for a DT Rush in the build order map and then actually pulled it off against a Protoss right after. 4 DTs in his base the moment his Robo-Bay finished. I kicked the Pylon powering it, went for his probes and he GGed.

    I've pulled similar off, but its really risky because if he has cannons you've just wasted a lot of resources for no reason. If he has robo up and an observer out, you're going to get smacked down but if you get two into their mineral line you can do a lot of damage to make it worth it. If he has cannon, he probably had at least one at his ramp and you're screwed

    PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Forcefield is awesome. In a 2v2 I took out a zerg expansion, forcefield-ed both he and his toss partners ramps while I did so. Killed the queen, all the drones, the hatchery and some overlords while maintaining the forcefield on the ramp.

    Best part was, the split moments I let the forcefield down, a few units got through, and they died as well. I then scampered back to my base, mission complete with very minimal losses on my part.

    Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Forcefield is awesome. In a 2v2 I took out a zerg expansion, forcefield-ed both he and his toss partners ramps while I did so. Killed the queen, all the drones, the hatchery and some overlords while maintaining the forcefield on the ramp.

    Best part was, the split moments I let the forcefield down, a few units got through, and they died as well. I then scampered back to my base, mission complete with very minimal losses on my part.

    I wish Zerg had more than one(really two) with a microable skill. I had so much fun last night playing Single player using Pheonixes to Gravitron beam as many Hybrid units as I could while my army destroyed them. What a powerful skill that is. And then your example of using forcefield to kill an expansion and then let some units trickle into your army, how much fun is that! Although, why did they have their army in the mains with an exposed nat?

    Buddies on
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Im in bronze 2v2 with my buddy. So that would explain it.

    But, realistically, they had just sent a muta group off to harass my buddy, they had a few mutas at the natural and a few at the main that were able to come fight me. The expansion also went up relatively recently. Like I saw it go up and decided to make my move. But a majority of the defensive forces consited of an army of hydras which did nothing but get stuck on the ramp.

    Stalkers without blink were on the other side. It was glorious.

    But I agree, Toss and Terran have some fun units. Ghosts are a blast against Protoss. Sentries and HT are fun.

    Zerg have what, infestors? Queens which just mainly spawn larva?

    Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I hate sometimes how so much of this game involves trying to get your army up a stupid skinny ramp.

    mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I dunno man, a lot of times im moving my army down a skinny ramp too.

    Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I am jealous of forcefield because it looks fun as hell but terran is enjoyable to micro.

    zerg has going for surrounds and flanking as an important factor but yeah way less fun individual unit micro. mutas too I guess. roaches when they're dealing with zealots.

    Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    that's usually easier cause it's often safe to go down, but when I'm trying to get up that ramp, there's often times a whole ton of shit blocking the way like cannons or tanks or bunkers or psi storms and force fields or just buildings

    mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    PantsB wrote: »
    Klyka wrote: »
    Yeah,I will from now on try to go Chargelots,Sentries and HTs against Terran. I need to work on my game with those units,haven't used them much at all.

    Also,I just trained for a DT Rush in the build order map and then actually pulled it off against a Protoss right after. 4 DTs in his base the moment his Robo-Bay finished. I kicked the Pylon powering it, went for his probes and he GGed.

    I've pulled similar off, but its really risky because if he has cannons you've just wasted a lot of resources for no reason. If he has robo up and an observer out, you're going to get smacked down but if you get two into their mineral line you can do a lot of damage to make it worth it. If he has cannon, he probably had at least one at his ramp and you're screwed

    Two words: Warp Prisms. I've DT dropped peoples mineral lines with Warp Prisms several times. You'd be surprised how many people will be build a cannon at their ramp, but not build one near their mineral line (until you DT drop it).

    GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    PantsB wrote: »
    Klyka wrote: »
    Yeah,I will from now on try to go Chargelots,Sentries and HTs against Terran. I need to work on my game with those units,haven't used them much at all.

    Also,I just trained for a DT Rush in the build order map and then actually pulled it off against a Protoss right after. 4 DTs in his base the moment his Robo-Bay finished. I kicked the Pylon powering it, went for his probes and he GGed.

    I've pulled similar off, but its really risky because if he has cannons you've just wasted a lot of resources for no reason. If he has robo up and an observer out, you're going to get smacked down but if you get two into their mineral line you can do a lot of damage to make it worth it. If he has cannon, he probably had at least one at his ramp and you're screwed

    Two words: Warp Prisms. I've DT dropped peoples mineral lines with Warp Prisms several times. You'd be surprised how many people will be build a cannon at their ramp, but not build one near their mineral line (until you DT drop it).
    Yeah I've done that and its pretty awesome. If they don't have a cannon there too you can warp in like 8 and take down a bunch of key pylons fast and make it hard to get reinforcements in there. But you still have to worry about the cannon in the back of the mineral line

    PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It tends to depend on whether they scout your DT temple I guess. If they do, they are likely to toss a cannon near their mineral line. If you build it in some whacky spot, and they don't scout it, you are much more likely to find an undefended mineral line (unless the guy is just paranoid and builds one anyway, which I guess is a 50/50 proposition).

    GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I really need to start using Ravens/PDD. I probably would have won most of my loses last night if I had.

    Mass collossi/stalker army? Would have been toast.
    Mass stalker with DT harass? Wouldn't have lost my supply line two DTs because I'm a newb.
    Mass Muta that took out a 20 hellion drop despite 12 Viking support? Would have wiped his base instead.

    Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    looking at the teamliquid forums (which is sort of torturous) someone said the pros at the iem wouldn't even be A ranked on iccup

    that's ridiculous right? I already have trouble grasping what allows for the extra level these pros can reach above a top diamond player (or literally how the fuck their apm can be that high), to then be told there is yet another magical tier above that that only a korean can aspire to... well honestly it seems retarded. seems like people aren't looking at the game realistically at all.

    but maybe I'm just undereducated?

    Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    going warp prism and dts is ludicrously expensive. I'd rather try and go for a proxy pylon while hiding my dark shrine.

    Jars on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Pros can emp from their bioball into a protoss army perfectly.

    Korean pros can emp while stimming expanding and dropping on the enemies nat within the same 3 second time span.

    Also that's not an exaggeration by much.

    SkutSkut on
  • Options
    MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    Jars wrote: »
    going warp prism and dts is ludicrously expensive. I'd rather try and go for a proxy pylon while hiding my dark shrine.

    how do you figure? you're already going to have a robo for an observer, you can just make a prism or two as well.

    Monoxide on
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Jars wrote: »
    going warp prism and dts is ludicrously expensive. I'd rather try and go for a proxy pylon while hiding my dark shrine.

    How is it ludicrously expensive? Warp Prisms are built at a robotics facility and require no other upgrades, and you only need one. You should have a Robo regardless for Observers. They also cost no gas, so you aren't using your most precious resource to build them.

    e: Beat'd.

    GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I don't build a robo bay when I go for fast dts. that defeats point of them being fast. dropping 450 minerals and 200 gas on a robo bay+obs+warp prism is too huge of a set back. You can get dts out in like 6 minutes while still having a decent army of zealots+ a few stalkers/sentries.

    Jars on
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I don't think we're really talking about "fast DT's" so much as using DT's to mineral harass. In the DT rush scenario, yah, a Warp Prism would be silly and all but useless, as you should be hitting them in an all but undefended scenario.

    GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Variable wrote: »
    looking at the teamliquid forums (which is sort of torturous) someone said the pros at the iem wouldn't even be A ranked on iccup

    that's ridiculous right? I already have trouble grasping what allows for the extra level these pros can reach above a top diamond player (or literally how the fuck their apm can be that high), to then be told there is yet another magical tier above that that only a korean can aspire to... well honestly it seems retarded. seems like people aren't looking at the game realistically at all.

    but maybe I'm just undereducated?

    I agree with you. IdrA has been playing in the Korean scene for a few years now. The longest running foreigner in the Korean scene. And he placed 2nd there. I think there are more reasons why Foreigners have bad showings in the Korean Pro scene than just skills alone.


    Certainly there are shining stars from Brood War that seem leagues above the IEM pros. I personally think it has a bit to do with that BW has a bit of an outdated UI and AI. We saw a much bigger range of countries competing at the top levels for WC3. SC2 with it's much better AI response than WC3 we will see even more non-korean competition at the top level.

    If there is one thing the Koreans have over us is their dedication to what they do. When I lived over there I could hardly fathom how much time the students spent studying. I had friends that I could only visit in the Library for 10 minutes because they would study for almost 14 hours a day. Not many westeners(mainly Americans, never been to europe) have that kind of discipline to sit down and do the same thing all day every day for months.

    If what those trolls say is true then it will be apparent at GSL. Over 100 Foreigners have entered the month long tournement(meaning they have to practically live in Korea for a month). If thse IEM pros are really a league below Korean players, then we will see a disproportionate spread of the Foreigners in the tournement. I expect too see a good mix when it gets to 64 players left.

    Buddies on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So do we have any info as to whether or not voice chat is on any sort of priority list? The feature is there, but it works maybe 10% of the time. Finding another person whose 10% matches your 10% proves difficult.

    Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Variable wrote: »
    zerg has going for surrounds and flanking as an important factor but yeah way less fun individual unit micro. mutas too I guess. roaches when they're dealing with zealots.


    I know I'm a zerg player, because I love sending speedlings around for a flank.

    It's like my favorite thing.



    We have to micro infestors!



    And roaches with burrow. I absolutely everytime micro them.

    I don't individually select them and burrow as needed. I find it a lot easy to burrow them all, shift-left click the injured ones, and pop them all back up. It's faster and easier for me, and they all get a little healing that way anyway.

    JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Variable wrote: »
    looking at the teamliquid forums (which is sort of torturous) someone said the pros at the iem wouldn't even be A ranked on iccup

    that's ridiculous right? I already have trouble grasping what allows for the extra level these pros can reach above a top diamond player (or literally how the fuck their apm can be that high), to then be told there is yet another magical tier above that that only a korean can aspire to... well honestly it seems retarded. seems like people aren't looking at the game realistically at all.

    but maybe I'm just undereducated?

    Sounds like the typical "StarCraft II sucks, BW is the pinnacle of gaming, Koreans are gods" type of talk you see pretty commonly on the TL forums.

    GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So what i have taken away from todays discussion.

    Why the FUCK haven't I been using PDDs.

    I was doing mass banshees last night and lost a bunch of units to a wall of turrets. If I had thrown down a few PDDs I probably could have taken out all those turrets without losing a unit.

    MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    SF_DhalsimSF_Dhalsim Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    So what i have taken away from todays discussion.

    Why the FUCK haven't I been using PDDs.

    I was doing mass banshees last night and lost a bunch of units to a wall of turrets. If I had thrown down a few PDDs I probably could have taken out all those turrets without losing a unit.

    PDD's are quite beast man.

    SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
    SC2: XxKhrushchev.539
  • Options
    iowaiowa Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Just mere curiosity:
    I was just checking Liquipedia and saw that there were a few builds that were "Bronze Proof." (Here, in ZvT for example, Baneling Rush. Terran has a bunch more.)

    What the heck does that mean? O_o

    Drovek on
    steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    iowaiowa Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    iowa wrote: »

    the game being cast right now is reallly really good. im gunna look for this replay, some really cool decisions from both

    iowa on
  • Options
    MaratastikMaratastik Just call me Mara, please! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Variable wrote: »
    ah, the points have been granted.

    rewatching the game he could probably have beaten me. I need to learn that the timing I seem to think is good in tvp is actually just the right time for them to already have colossi. I may have held him off with the vikings I had and the advantages of being on defense but I may have folded completely. good thing he didn't! and also good thing he didn't adjust my change in composition even though he saw the entire thing. I hate observers.

    Actually, I think your timing is pretty good against normal protoss builds. In the pushes you've done against me, the only reason I had a colossi out, or nearly out, is because I 1 gate into robo against terran. And if I see more than one barracks and a blob of infantry with my quick observer I drop a robo bay. I don't think this build is very common among most protoss though, so your push would definitely get there before most protoss are fielding a colossus. Heck, even I can barely get one out in time even if I rush to it.

    Maratastik on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Drovek wrote: »
    Just mere curiosity:
    I was just checking Liquipedia and saw that there were a few builds that were "Bronze Proof." (Here, in ZvT for example, Baneling Rush. Terran has a bunch more.)

    What the heck does that mean? O_o

    Without looking, I'm assuming it means those builds will crush 95% of the players in the bronze league. Perhaps even silver and low gold.

    You really don't see competent level of macro/micro until plat and diamond. This is why I'm losing so much now that they pushed me into platinum.

    The baneling rush (or baneling bust) is a hard strategy to counter if you don't know that it's coming. In Bronze, no one really scouts, so they never know it's coming. It's not as simply as "I need x and y to fight off a bust." You need to build structures in a certain fashion as well.

    Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    xtaxta Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    iowa wrote: »
    iowa wrote: »

    the game being cast right now is reallly really good. im gunna look for this replay, some really cool decisions from both

    gg? what?

    xta on
  • Options
    KambingKambing Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Figgy wrote: »
    Drovek wrote: »
    Just mere curiosity:
    I was just checking Liquipedia and saw that there were a few builds that were "Bronze Proof." (Here, in ZvT for example, Baneling Rush. Terran has a bunch more.)

    What the heck does that mean? O_o

    Without looking, I'm assuming it means those builds will crush 95% of the players in the bronze league. Perhaps even silver and low gold.

    You really don't see competent level of macro/micro until plat and diamond. This is why I'm losing so much now that they pushed me into platinum.

    The baneling rush (or baneling bust) is a hard strategy to counter if you don't know that it's coming. In Bronze, no one really scouts, so they never know it's coming. It's not as simply as "I need x and y to fight off a bust." You need to build structures in a certain fashion as well.

    Bronze proof means that a bronze-level player could perform these strategies with success. Strategies like early reapers requires too much micro to expect a bronze-level player to be able to carry them out.

    Kambing on
    @TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • Options
    QuetzatcoatlQuetzatcoatl Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Figgy wrote: »
    Drovek wrote: »
    Just mere curiosity:
    I was just checking Liquipedia and saw that there were a few builds that were "Bronze Proof." (Here, in ZvT for example, Baneling Rush. Terran has a bunch more.)

    What the heck does that mean? O_o

    Without looking, I'm assuming it means those builds will crush 95% of the players in the bronze league. Perhaps even silver and low gold.

    You really don't see competent level of macro/micro until plat and diamond. This is why I'm losing so much now that they pushed me into platinum.

    The baneling rush (or baneling bust) is a hard strategy to counter if you don't know that it's coming. In Bronze, no one really scouts, so they never know it's coming. It's not as simply as "I need x and y to fight off a bust." You need to build structures in a certain fashion as well.

    How effective is the baneling bust against terran usually? I've never lost to a baneling bust, and really have only seen it a few times.

    The first time I was lucky and hadn't walled off, I had a bunker near my ramp which killed them as they rolled up.

    I'm in silver so maybe I just haven't seen a good one done.

    It just seems like by the time they have enough banelings I have a siege tank, hellions or a banshee to get them.

    Quetzatcoatl on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Figgy wrote: »
    Drovek wrote: »
    Just mere curiosity:
    I was just checking Liquipedia and saw that there were a few builds that were "Bronze Proof." (Here, in ZvT for example, Baneling Rush. Terran has a bunch more.)

    What the heck does that mean? O_o

    Without looking, I'm assuming it means those builds will crush 95% of the players in the bronze league. Perhaps even silver and low gold.

    You really don't see competent level of macro/micro until plat and diamond. This is why I'm losing so much now that they pushed me into platinum.

    The baneling rush (or baneling bust) is a hard strategy to counter if you don't know that it's coming. In Bronze, no one really scouts, so they never know it's coming. It's not as simply as "I need x and y to fight off a bust." You need to build structures in a certain fashion as well.

    How effective is the baneling bust against terran usually? I've never lost to a baneling bust, and really have only seen it a few times.

    The first time I was lucky and hadn't walled off, I had a bunker near my ramp which killed them as they rolled up.

    I'm in silver so maybe I just haven't seen a good one done.

    It just seems like by the time they have enough banelings I have a siege tank, hellions or a banshee to get them.

    Then it wasn't a true baneling bust. They will come so fast that if you aren't walled off, you're toast.

    It's usually a mass of banelings followed by a mass of lings. A single bunker would not hold that off.

    Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    If they are still trying to bangling bust while you have sieged up tanks, well, they are terrible. You will usually see it as terran at just about the time your wall off finishes. Its pretty use to defend when scouted as you are prepaired to take svcs off the line to repair your wall. But if that bust comes out of no where (and you have just been getting maurders) it can hurt badddd.

    projectmayhem on
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Monoxide wrote: »
    Jars wrote: »
    going warp prism and dts is ludicrously expensive. I'd rather try and go for a proxy pylon while hiding my dark shrine.

    how do you figure? you're already going to have a robo for an observer, you can just make a prism or two as well.

    I prefer to just drop 2 immortals and then warp in 4 zealots to back them up, save my gas for hts. If you do this when their army isn't immediately nearby you can kill their nexus/lair

    override367 on
Sign In or Register to comment.