Options

ROCK BAND: Now an old thread.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Apropos of nothing*...
    Even Weezer doesn't want to hear any of that new shit, planning Blue/Pinkerton tour

For those of the very popular opinion that Weezer hasn’t produced a worthwhile album since Pinkerton, this should be exciting news: Rivers Cuomo recently told MTV that the band is considering a two-nights-per-city tour that would find the group playing its debut Blue album in its entirety, then returning the next night to do the same for Pinkerton. Cuomo says the group is still feeling out local promoters to see if anyone would be interested, and that any fans out there who think this is a great idea should e-mail those promoters to let them know. So, does this mean even Weezer doesn’t want to listen to Hurley?

*No interest in starting a debate. Just thought it was worth a chuckle.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Apropos of nothing*...
    Even Weezer doesn't want to hear any of that new shit, planning Blue/Pinkerton tour

For those of the very popular opinion that Weezer hasn’t produced a worthwhile album since Pinkerton, this should be exciting news: Rivers Cuomo recently told MTV that the band is considering a two-nights-per-city tour that would find the group playing its debut Blue album in its entirety, then returning the next night to do the same for Pinkerton. Cuomo says the group is still feeling out local promoters to see if anyone would be interested, and that any fans out there who think this is a great idea should e-mail those promoters to let them know. So, does this mean even Weezer doesn’t want to listen to Hurley?

Well...it'd be nice to hear "The World Has Turned and Left Me Here" live. They played it a few times and it's one of my favorites.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, that'd be a great vocals song. And I'm not one who is overly concerned about vocals songs. It's probably my second or third favourite song on that album.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    If anyone in regions with Kroger/Fred Meyer is interested, it looks like some stores are clearancing out old rhythm games. Huge YMMV, but I checked out one and found stuff like TB:RB for $11, Metal Track Pack for $12, Country Pack for $14, GH5 for $17, etc.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Apropos of nothing*...

Well...it'd be nice to hear "The World Has Turned and Left Me Here" live. They played it a few times and it's one of my favorites.

We went and saw Weezer in Dallas with Tenacious D opening. The D was great, Weezer not so much. They played one song off of Pinkerton (Tired of Sex) and a couple off of Blue (Buddy Holly and My Name is Jonas), and the rest of the set was Green and new crap that was crap. They seemed bored and uninterested in performing a show. We went and saw a cover band (Weener) the night before and they were better than the band they were covering.

Then, a year later, Weezer came back and played Pinkerton in its entirety. I had to miss that show. I was pissed.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    $10 down, $119.99 plus tax to go...

Can't wait!

Fawst on
  • Options
    Zell:DZell:D Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Somewhere in the last thread someone posted a cheap price for green day and I can't for the life of me find the post. Anyone care to repost or share a link to an under msrp for the plus version on 360?

Zell:D on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    As I posted in the comments, they're just going to take the tour money and release more bad music.

Also, since Blue Album is kinda short, they should just perform whatever version of Songs from the Black Hole they've got.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I don't think Green Day Plus has ever really been on that kind of a sale. Standard can be found for about $40-$50 and both 3-packs are $11. At this point, buying Plus isn't much of a bargain.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Are they releasing a RB3 SKU with keyboards and full band?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited August 2010
    The only known versions are disc-only and with a keyboard. No word on other gear, either in a bundle or separate.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Makes sense, considering people would probably already have guitars/mics/drums. Anyone who isn't planning on jumping into the rhythm game scene with RB3, anyway.

And that Fender with the strings, that's not out at launch, right? Can we use a regular electric guitar and some sort of converter?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Aside from the Keyboard package, I don't think any of the Mad Catz peripherals will be out immediately at launch.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It was in GH80s.

I never actually played that

Is this the thread where I express my enjoyment that we have some Flaming Lips on the way?

Because we have some Flaming Lips on the way, and it brings me joy

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I don't think people know how much fun "Tragic Kingdom" is on drums.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    And that Fender with the strings, that's not out at launch, right? Can we use a regular electric guitar and some sort of converter?

It's a Squier, not a Fender, and no, it's special because of electronics in the neck.

Currently going through the song list and checking out things I don't know. Killing Loneliness is pretty rad.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Squier is a Fender brand

MrDelish on
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    MrDelish wrote: »
    Squier is a Fender brand

Yeah, their cheap brand.

It's like calling a Corolla a Corvette.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Arikado wrote: »
    Some folks decided to go ahead and make the difficulty tiering from the videos shown, although it's incomplete, it looks like that Phish song is the killer for everyone.

I'm going to put these confirmed 83 songs into the OP.
    Amy Winehouse – Rehab
    Anthrax – Caught In A Mosh
    At the Drive-In – One Armed Scissor
    Avenged Sevenfold – Beast and the Harlot
    B-52′s – Rock Lobster
    The Beach Boys – Good Vibrations (Live)
    Big Country – In a Big Country
    Blondie – Heart of Glass
    Bob Marley & The Wailers – Get Up, Stand Up
    The Bronx – False Alarm
    Chicago – 25 or 6 to 4
    The Cure – Just Like Heaven
    David Bowie – Space Oddity
    Deep Purple – Smoke on the Water
    Def Leppard – Foolin’
    Devo – Whip It
    Dio – Rainbow in the Dark
    Dire Straits – Walk of Life
    Doobie Brothers – China Grove
    The Doors – Break On Through
    Dover – King George
    Echo and the Bunnymen – Killing Moon
    Elton John – Saturday Night’s Alright (For Fighting)
    Faith No More – Midlife Crisis
    Filter – Hey Man, Nice Shot
    Flaming Lips – Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt. 1
    Foreigner – Cold as Ice
    Golden Earring – Radar Love
    HIM – Killing Loneliness
    Huey Lewis and the News – The Power of Love
    Hypernova – Viva La Resistance
    Ida Maria – Oh My God
    INXS – Need You Tonight
    J. Geils Band – Centerfold
    James Brown – I Got You (I Feel Good)
    Jane’s Addiction – Been Caught Stealing
    Jimi Hendrix – Crosstown Traffic
    Joan Jett – I Love Rock and Roll
    John Lennon – Imagine
    Juanes – Me Enamora
    Lynyrd Skynyrd – Free Bird
    Maná – Oye Mi Amor
    Marilyn Manson – The Beautiful People
    Metric – Combat Baby
    The Muffs – Outer Space
    Night Ranger – Sister Christian
    Ozzy Osbourne – Crazy Train
    Paramore – Misery Business
    Phish – Llama
    Phoenix – Lasso
    The Police – Don’t Stand So Close To Me
    Poni Hoax – Antibodies
    Pretty Girls Make Graves – Something Bigger, Something Brighter
    Primus – Jerry Was a Race Car Driver
    Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody
    Queens Of The Stone Age – No One Knows
    Rammstein – Du Hast
    The Ramones – I Wanna Be Sedated
    Raveonettes – Last Dance
    Rilo Kiley – Portions of Foxes
    Riverboat Gamblers – Don’t Bury Me… I’m Still Not Dead
    Roxette – The Look
    Slipknot – Before I Forget
    Smash Mouth – Walkin’ on the Sun
    The Smiths – Stop Me If You’ve Heard This One Before
    The Sounds – Living in America
    Spacehog – In the Meantime
    Steve Miller Band – Fly Like An Eagle
    Stone Temple Pilots – Plush
    Swingin’ Utters – This Bastard’s Life
    T.Rex – 20th Century Boy
    Tears for Fears – Everybody Wants to Rule the World
    Tegan and Sara – The Con
    Them Crooked Vultures – Dead End Friends
    Tokio Hotel – Humanoid
    Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers – I Need To Know
    The Vines – Get Free
    War – Low Rider
    Warren Zevon – Werewolves Of London
    The White Stripes – The Hardest Button to Button
    Whitesnake – Here I Go Again
    The Who – I Can See For Miles
    Yes – Roundabout

Tee hee.

But yeah, shit, I pretty much have to get this now, don't I.

Schide on
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Squier is a Fender brand

Yeah, their cheap brand.

That would work if it wasn't for the fact that those are two different car manufacturers.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Shady3011 wrote: »
    Squier is a Fender brand

Yeah, their cheap brand.

That would work if it wasn't for the fact that those are two different car manufacturers.

Cavalier, my bad.

Anyway, never heard of Tegan and Sara. I'm digging that song.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Holy fuck. The Smiths? Sold.

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010

You know what's even better? Knowing there will eventually be a Smith's pack.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited August 2010

You know what's even better? Knowing there will eventually be a Smith's pack.

Bad Company, Beastie Boys, Beck, Bikini Kill, Bob Dylan, Bon Jovi, Cheap Trick, The Donnas, Hole, Interpol, Linkin Park, Lit, Mastodon, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Modest Mouse, Molly Hatchet, The Muffs, Norman Greenbaum, OK Go, Ratt, The Rolling Stones, The Sterns, The Strokes, Survivor, and [strike]That Handsome Devil[/strike] called; they said 'Bite me, ya moody Manc bastards!'

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah I'm still waiting on an OK Go 3-pack of Invincible, Get Over It, and The Fix Is In

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Wait, did more of The Sterns make it onto RBN or something?

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Are they not a HMX-related band? I left off those bands because well, who cares.

Otherwise, no, they didn't.

EDIT:
    Added them anyway. Though I'm pretty sure the point is made. Especially looking at all those RB2 bands.

EDIT2:
    By that token, THD has to go. Even so, I'm not sure which is worse: that we didn't get any more from those artists or that HMX bands have been massively absent from the DLC parade.

They're hardly even taking advantage of RBN, for fuck's sake.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Damn and blast. I'm not sure if it's an actual Harmonix Band, but they're definitely Boston area and the album of theirs that I have is wonderfully fantastic.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah I'm still waiting on an OK Go 3-pack of Invincible, Get Over It, and The Fix Is In

This post made me look up Get Over It and OHSHIT IT'S THAT SONG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um75sR-c_0M

There is no way I would've ever thought it was OK Go

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Mr. G wrote: »

This post made me look up Get Over It and OHSHIT IT'S THAT SONG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um75sR-c_0M

There is no way I would've ever thought it was OK Go

Alternatively - having first heard that song by them and nothing else until - I couldn't believe A Million Ways was by them.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Alright, so I'm getting pretty damn good at drums on hard mode, if I say so myself. I can beat pretty much every song at a difficulty of 3 or less, and quite a few higher ones as long as they don't get too tricky with kicks.

I want to start shifting up to expert, but it's really fucking hard. I only found like 2 songs I could scrape my way through.

Any advice on making the step up? My biggest problems are that I have trouble with quick kicks and my left hand tends to be limited to the red, it messes me up if I have to get into a rhythm that involves moving my left hand back and forth.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Keep trying, it'll click eventually. Really all you can do.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Hit moar notez!

Yeah, keep at it. If you get too frustrated, I recommend walking away for a few days and not touching the game at all. Sometimes the break does you good and when you go back, you're magically better.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I think the things that really fuck you up in Expert are:

Off beat kicks (try Creep if you got RB1)
    Double Kicks and Triple Kicks (um...PDA could be a song to train that leg endurance)
    Disco beats (Orange Crush and DLC are your best bets here. Linger is a good song to get a hang of it).

Just keep practicing. It'll click if you keep at it. The first song I really was able to 100% on expert was Brass in Pocket.

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Thanks for the tips guys.

Also, is there a reason there's not more Blue Oyster Cult in Rock Band? I don't really follow all the rights-fights, did Guitar Hero buy them or something?

Every time this comes on my mp3 player I think of how fun it would be in Rock Band for every single instrument, even the bass track sounds fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTvbXMRMnHo

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    Their last DLC was the Metal Pack I believe.

It might be a masters issue.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Also I just realized that now that we know that we can get John Lennon solo career in a music game, I'm totally calling Merry Xmas (War Is Over) as this year's RB3 DLC release.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    MonthenorMonthenor Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Also, is there a reason there's not more Blue Oyster Cult in Rock Band

Hi5. I've always wanted to set my city on flame with rock and roll.

Monthenor on
  • Options
    Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Also I just realized that now that we know that we can get John Lennon solo career in a music game, I'm totally calling Merry Xmas (War Is Over) as this year's RB3 DLC release.

Probably not that surprising. We did get Paul McCartney's solo career already.

(Or was that in Guitar Hero?)

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    we got Live Paul in RB.

All we have left is George and Ringo.

FyreWulff on