Options

ROCK BAND: Now an old thread.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Holy fuck. The Smiths? Sold.

You know what's even better? Knowing there will eventually be a Smith's pack.

Bad Company, Beastie Boys, Beck, Bikini Kill, Bob Dylan, Bon Jovi, Cheap Trick, The Donnas, Hole, Interpol, Linkin Park, Lit, Mastodon, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Modest Mouse, Molly Hatchet, The Muffs, Norman Greenbaum, OK Go, Ratt, The Rolling Stones, The Sterns, The Strokes, Survivor, and [strike]That Handsome Devil[/strike] called; they said 'Bite me, ya moody Manc bastards!'

No Muse = fail. :)

Fawst on
  • Options
    Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    that's not really relevant considering they were never on-disc. :P

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Point for you because you're right, in that they weren't on-disc.

Point for me because I was making a funny.

ANOTHER point for me because no one said anything about being on-disc until you piped up, Mr. Killyjoy!

Negative point for me because it wasn't all that original. I guess we'll have to call it a draw.

Fawst on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    And if they were and still had Hysteria for DLC, they still wouldn't be on that list.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Muse was on disc for the PAL release, I believe

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Since when did Europe matter?

And if it matters, Supreme Girl by The Sterns is in the nine song Harmonix Marathon in the tour, so it's related to HMX in some way.

Finally, I just finished ESL2 for the third and final time. Amazingly, didn't fail any songs. And, if I can help it, I no longer have to play all those shitty songs I can downrate in RB3 because I'm almost positive the export is going to be an external download. There are actually three remaining gigs for my second band, but fuck them all. I can get the last fans elsewhere.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Fawst wrote: »
    Point for you because you're right, in that they weren't on-disc.

Point for me because I was making a funny.

ANOTHER point for me because no one said anything about being on-disc until you piped up, Mr. Killyjoy!

Negative point for me because it wasn't all that original. I guess we'll have to call it a draw.

I'm on board with the muse thing for sure though.

Also, the on-disc thing was *heavily* implied by the comment about how we should expect a Smiths pack, and the subsequently posted list.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Looks like the bassist from the Sterns is a HMX sound designer/composer.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So has is the neon trees DLC? Love animal, like I said, its taken over my radio and I'll guess most of you have heard it. Gonna DL it for the singing part. I'm mainly a singer/Drummer.

Been youtubing Neon Trees songs, in the next room sounds like a blast for singing too. (Not sure if it's DLC, just checking the band out)

Sounds like the singing and drumming would be fun though. Any thoughts?

Also, I"ve seen some of you have LRB aftter me and have been able to export. Had it for a month, only bug I've seen. It will not let me enter the export code

Tommatt on
  • Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Did we ever find out how many copies Rock Band: Green Day sold?

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Unlucky wrote: »

I kinda follow games and sales and never saw it chart that I can remember. I'm buyhing it at $30 or below.

Tommatt on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    Unlucky wrote: »

Around 60,000 across all three systems IIRC (maybe 80,000)

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Just checked the set list for RB3.

Crazy Train! About time, yay! Rainbow in the Dark, Hell yeah! No One Knows, awesome. Here I Go Again, one for epic drunken shenanigans.

Great list man, can't wait.

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Just checked the set list for RB3.

Crazy Train! About time, yay! Rainbow in the Dark, Hell yeah! No One Knows, awesome. Here I Go Again, one for epic drunken shenanigans.

Great list man, can't wait.

Yeah I've been waiting for some more ozzy since the whole GH exclusive issue came about. And we never had any of his "iconic" songs such as crazy train.

Is it blizzard of ozz? Or maybe of that album, damnit theres a KB heavy song with an amazing guitar solo for the last 1 minute. I could easily see it being part of a 3pac now, with the keys. And maybe, just maybe, paranoid will come back. My guess, live version.

Tommatt on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Another song by the Muffs really confounds me

I thought it was weird (but awesome) that we got their cover of "Kids in America" in RB2, and I justified it by thinking "Well, they played it at the beginning of Clueless. Clueless was a popular movie back in '95."

Now I just don't even know

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    They're on the list because they simply don't have any DLC. It's not a list of bands that deserves DLC.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    What in God's name are you blathering about

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Why are you talking about The Muffs?

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Because they have a song in Rock Band 3

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Because they have a song in Rock Band 3

Yeah, but then you see that Bon Jovi is on that list even tho the band has been in RB1, 2 and Lego. Fail UV.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    What the hell are you guys talking about?

I was just making a statement that it's pretty weird that a not-popular-at-all band has been featured on two base games

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Holy fuck. The Smiths? Sold.

You know what's even better? Knowing there will eventually be a Smith's pack.

Bad Company, Beastie Boys, Beck, Bikini Kill, Bob Dylan, Bon Jovi, Cheap Trick, The Donnas, Hole, Interpol, Linkin Park, Lit, Mastodon, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Modest Mouse, Molly Hatchet, The Muffs, Norman Greenbaum, OK Go, Ratt, The Rolling Stones, The Sterns, The Strokes, Survivor, and [strike]That Handsome Devil[/strike] called; they said 'Bite me, ya moody Manc bastards!'

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Speaking of Bon Jovi

I just realized that Blaze of Glory isn't in RB3

dammit that's the last Bon Jovi song I still want!

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Speaking of Bon Jovi

I just realized that Blaze of Glory isn't in RB3

dammit that's the last Bon Jovi song I still want!

Aww, "Bad Medicine". Though I can't really think of a third for a pack.

I hope the keyboard means more Allman Brothers. Gimme "At Fillmore East".

David_T on
    13iepvv6o8ip.png
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    For what it's worth, Vow, I understood your post completely.

I had the same reaction when I saw them on there.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh that's right, RB3 breaks the streak of a new Bon Jovi and a new Foo song on each disk. Ah well.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    It's apparently also the first time they don't put HMX bands on the disc and made a third version of anything.

Too many people already put too much emphasis on past behaviour and have been 'burned'. Some things are just coincidences.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    I just remembered that. Hasn't Harmonix historically moved on after the second version of each of their games?

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Oh that's right, RB3 breaks the streak of a new Bon Jovi and a new Foo song on each disk. Ah well.

Grohl Band continues with 'No One Knows' I suppose.

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I just remembered that. Hasn't Harmonix historically moved on after the second version of each of their games?

Good point, but where would you go from Rock Band 2? It's an excellent game, and it's pretty much the goal that Harmonix had set for themselves in the rhythm game genre.

So what do they do? They add keyboards and introduce Pro mode. If the only place to go from 2 is to get people to play proper instruments to what's happening on their TV, Pro mode seems to be pretty much it.

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Grohl Band continues with 'No One Knows' and 'Dead End Friends' I suppose.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I am reminded that Metallica also does not appear on RB3. But I don't think anybody was expecting them to.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Grohl Band continues with 'No One Knows' and 'Dead End Friends' I suppose.

Ah, true dat. Forgot the Vultures are in this (how could I though?!)

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Pro Keys look hard....:?

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Something I don't get

I was under the impression that when playing keyboard, you frequently played at opposite ends of the keyboard with both hands

Am I wrong about that? Because it doesn't seem like the charting accommodates that sort of thing.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    No I'm pretty sure you just play this keyboard with one hand, mostly

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You can play with two hands. I think the notechart will shift between octaves.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    And with 2 octaves, there's not much accommodation to be had.

As I understand it, only Pro Mode will chart for both hands. Though I acknowledge that I'm not paying any particular attention to the keyboard peripheral. I mean, if the chart board will shift around, how will it display enough lanes for ten fingers?

I'm not sure if we're supposed to be concerned about the lack of definite info on the new gear. How long before the release of RB1 did we know about the drums and solo frets?

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    And with 2 octaves, there's not much accommodation to be had.

As I understand it, only Pro Mode will chart for both hands. Though I acknowledge that I'm not paying any particular attention to the keyboard peripheral. I mean, if the chart board will shift around, how will it display enough lanes for ten fingers?

I'm not sure if we're supposed to be concerned about the lack of definite info on the new gear. How long before the release of RB1 did we know about the drums and solo frets?

Does anyone actually use the solo frets? I completely forgot they existed until you just mentioned them.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.