Options

Behold the EXPO Hall map and Exhibitor List!

2»

• Options
    Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    i take it the companys do sell stuff there right? I'm asking as i want to buy a pair of gaming headphones and the big 3(astro,turtle beach and tritton(mad catz i supppose) are there so why not save my self some shipping?

Angel177 on
    6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
  • Options
    SoularisSoularis Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    i didnt see Activision in there either.

Soularis on
    Soularis+Esprit.png
  • Options
    nintendoXOnintendoXO Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Im excited to see Disney :D

nintendoXO on
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I am very saddened that FFG won't be here. D:

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    nice! can't wait to see what valve's got this year... Portal 2 maybe?

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    LackeyLackey [E] PAX Tabletop Tournaments Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Dracil wrote: »

No FFG, however Mayfair Games, Z-Man Games, Days of Wonder, Steve Jackson Games, and a number of other board game exhibitors and vendors will be located outside of Expo, in the PAX Tabletop areas on Floors 2 and 3, as well as in the Conference Center below the Expo Hall.

See http://tinyurl.com/paxprime2010tabletopschedule for the complete PAX Tabletop vendor/exhibitor list!

Lackey on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Lackey wrote: »

No FFG, however Mayfair Games, Z-Man Games, Days of Wonder, Steve Jackson Games, and a number of other board game exhibitors and vendors will be located outside of Expo, in the PAX Tabletop areas on Floors 2 and 3, as well as in the Conference Center below the Expo Hall.

See http://tinyurl.com/paxprime2010tabletopschedule for the complete PAX Tabletop vendor/exhibitor list!

I'm a little bummed DoW is only demoing the same games all weekend.

I was browsing in my gamestore today while picking up a copy of Aye Dark Overlord for the train trip, and I'm really interested in Mystery of the Abbey, I was hoping they'd be demoing that.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Raiden333 wrote: »

I was browsing in my gamestore today while picking up a copy of Aye Dark Overlord for the train trip, and I'm really interested in Mystery of the Abbey, I was hoping they'd be demoing that.

I can't speak for DoW, but don't be surprised if they will be willing to try other games if they have a copy with them. I know that I will probably have copies of games not listed on the SJ Games list with me when I'm doing my demo work for them.

So stop by and ask them.

Solelron on
  • Options
    SarahstraszaSarahstrasza Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Blizzard was at PAX Prime last year. They didn't have wotlk up they had the cataclysm video up and had playable goblin/worgen demos.

Pretty sure last year is within that 2 year mark.

They showed up last year right before blizzcon. Maybe they just wont this year because of how close they are to finishin off cata.

Sarahstrasza on
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Solelron wrote: »

I can't speak for DoW, but don't be surprised if they will be willing to try other games if they have a copy with them. I know that I will probably have copies of games not listed on the SJ Games list with me when I'm doing my demo work for them.

So stop by and ask them.

Yeah, but I wanted FFG specifically for the chance of getting Death Angel early. :P

I do buy a fair bit of Z-Man's stuff so hopefully there'll be something good there.

Also, that link says I don't have permission to access it.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    CryanaCryana Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I am really shocked that Blizzard isn't coming! I understand Blizzcon and all but they were here last year AND they have a huge percentage (anyone like to insert a random statistic in here?) of the MMO world in their back pockets. They should be at least so gracious to belittle themselves and give us a measly booth with some Cataclysm and Diablo to tinker with.

I R sad Panda, Blizz hurt my feelings.

Cryana on
  • Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It's possible that Cataclysm is too close to final release for them to be able to take time away to make a special demo build just for PAX. And Starcraft II just came out, maybe they don't want to distract people from that with future titles.

Dreamwriter on
  • Options
    LackeyLackey [E] PAX Tabletop Tournaments Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Also, that link says I don't have permission to access it.

Hrmm. It should be set to unrestricted public viewing access. Please try again. If you still cannot get in, shoot me a PM with your e-mail, and I'll send you an Excel version.

Lackey

Lackey on
  • Options
    caddyalancaddyalan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'll make sure to drop by the Pink Godzilla booth. Though I'm not sure if I'll go to the store itself (for the first time) before the con, or after the con.

I rarely enjoy 3D games. But I've been thinking lately that if I have spare time, I might try one or two on the floor. Perhaps if staff are there, they can help me figure out how to keep from going in circles...

caddyalan on
  • Options
    Caz NeergCaz Neerg Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Straight to the back corner LucasArts booth to try to beat the Old Republic line. Yum.

Caz Neerg on
  • Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Eh. Fuck Blizzard. It's like Games Workshop. If they're happier forcing people to come to THEIR convention and exclusively play/see THEIR products, then let them.

I'll be at the way bigger, way cooler, way less expensive, way more fun convention with 100x as much to see and do, and they won't be getting my money.

Yay Uber Entertainment, yay Nintendo, yay tabletop, yay Bethesda, yay Bioware!

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Renton, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Regarding Expo Hall entrances, here's the plan:

The main entrance will be the south doors of 4B (near booth 3654).
    Coming in from the Queue Room (4A; it was Main Theatre at PAX09), there will be two entrances on the airwall that separates 4A and 4B. One will be in the Northeast corner of 4B (near booth 3800) and the other smack dab in the middle of that airwall between 4A/4B (between booths 3812 and 3822).
    Those with medical badges (available at Registration for any attendees with disabilities) will also be able to enter from the North Lobby entrance into the area between 4C and 4D (near booth 3002).
    Also there is the escalator from the Conference Center Level 3 shown between Booths 1440 and 1430. This escalator won't be available for entry in the morning; everyone that wants to get in when we open at 1000 needs to go to the Queue Room.

jaberwockynmt on
    --Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Cryana wrote: »
    I am really shocked that Blizzard isn't coming! I understand Blizzcon and all but they were here last year AND they have a huge percentage (anyone like to insert a random statistic in here?) of the MMO world in their back pockets. They should be at least so gracious to belittle themselves and give us a measly booth with some Cataclysm and Diablo to tinker with.

I R sad Panda, Blizz hurt my feelings.

Yeah but you gotta keep in mind, Blizz has a lot on their plate right now I am sure... All their new games are either released or close to being released. Starcraft2 is released, WoW, cataclysm are close... they probably just don't have time or resources right now?

Eh, I'm happy with my Starcraft 2 :mrgreen:

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    SpongeSponge Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=134344

No 3DS, :cry: I was hoping that it would be there. Kirby looks awesome at least.

Sponge on
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Heleor wrote: »
    Pretty.

Kind of disappointing that Nintendo only has the one booth while Sony has 4. Confused as to why the Kinect has a separate booth and why there's a Microsoft booth separate from the rest of the Microsoft area. Also, yey Valve!

If I had to guess I'd suppose the Kinect booth exists so that they can demo it without having dozens of people flailing wildly distracting people from other demos.

Alazull on
    User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sponge wrote: »

No 3DS, :cry: I was hoping that it would be there. Kirby looks awesome at least.

Doesn't say there won't be any 3DS there...

Dreamwriter on
  • Options
    HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sponge wrote: »

Doesn't say there won't be any 3DS there...

It's big enough that you'd think if it were there, they'd make a big deal of it.

Heleor on
  • Options
    Steel FireSteel Fire Gunboat Diplomat PAI MarketingRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Arco wrote: »
    Eh. Fuck Blizzard. It's like Games Workshop. If they're happier forcing people to come to THEIR convention and exclusively play/see THEIR products, then let them.

I'll be at the way bigger, way cooler, way less expensive, way more fun convention with 100x as much to see and do, and they won't be getting my money.

With any luck this will start making other people see what I was seeing a decade ago: Blizzard are silly geese who just want your money and could care less about you as a customer or gamer and what you really want. Apple likes to follow the same model.

Steel Fire on
  • Options
    ravemongerravemonger [E] Silicon ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    http://kotaku.com/5622934/10-fancy-scribblenauts-ds-systems-up-for-grabs-at-pax

Looks like WB will be giving out some cool custom DS systems this year. Too bad it will be via the "match the button" system that drove people crazy last year with Nvidia.

Anticipate this thread to be updated with "here's my button" pictures come next Friday. :lol:

ravemonger on
  • Options
    SamJacksonSamJackson Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yay!

SamJackson on
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh neat! If nothing else, the buttons are really cute.

akjak on
    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    ravemongerravemonger [E] Silicon ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, the button alone is cool with me. :)

ravemonger on
  • Options
    Kwisatz HaderachKwisatz Haderach Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh man, that's awesome - here's hoping they'll pass out the rest of them buttons afterward, my collector's itch won't be satisfied otherwise :P

Kwisatz Haderach on
    Twitter: @Quintonious (new, infrequently post)
    PSN: Quintonious
  • Options
    SoularisSoularis Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Steel Fire wrote: »
    Arco wrote: »

With any luck this will start making other people see what I was seeing a decade ago: Blizzard are silly geese who just want your money and could care less about you as a customer or gamer and what you really want. Apple likes to follow the same model.

AGREED!

Soularis on
    Soularis+Esprit.png
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    No Zelda at PAX apparently. Not that I mind much. From Nintendo I just basically wanted to see DK and Kirby

parabola on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Oh man, that's awesome - here's hoping they'll pass out the rest of them buttons afterward, my collector's itch won't be satisfied otherwise :P

Yeah, I really want that Cthulhu pin.

Like to the point where if I see anyone with it I'm going to try to buy it off them.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

Yeah, I really want that Cthulhu pin.

Like to the point where if I see anyone with it I'm going to try to buy it off them.

I think I will duck out of the way while you and my wife fight over that one LOL (maybe you 2 will get a match set)

Solelron on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Awww, I'm pretty bummed after seeing Tycho in the trailer for Telltale's newest thing, I checked the expo hall map and learned that they're not coming this year.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    LoneGunmanLoneGunman Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Nice map...but...maps are for weaklings...only TRUE explorers explore the expo hall!!!

And, no, I never get lost...wait, how do I submit this post again?

LoneGunman on
  • Options
    SaxicideSaxicide Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    caddyalan wrote: »
    I'll make sure to drop by the Pink Godzilla booth. Though I'm not sure if I'll go to the store itself (for the first time) before the con, or after the con.

I rarely enjoy 3D games. But I've been thinking lately that if I have spare time, I might try one or two on the floor. Perhaps if staff are there, they can help me figure out how to keep from going in circles...
    They have 2 locations now--the original down in Chinatown, and a newer one in the University District with *dun dun dun* a pretty spiffy arcade. Both are easy to get to on the Seattle buses, although the original location involves more walking.

Saxicide on
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Me thinks Blizzard over extended themselves with the Starcraft 2 release. That is why they are focusing on the other conventions. I am expecting some big things from Bethesda this time around. Trion Worlds has two boths. Is it a new guy trying to make a splash? I am intrigued. Also, there is a Square Enix presence. Yummy. I hope they have some neat FF swag.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    ravemonger wrote: »
    http://kotaku.com/5622934/10-fancy-scribblenauts-ds-systems-up-for-grabs-at-pax

Looks like WB will be giving out some cool custom DS systems this year. Too bad it will be via the "match the button" system that drove people crazy last year with Nvidia.

Anticipate this thread to be updated with "here's my button" pictures come next Friday. :lol:

Yeah that and a line of people standing in the expo hall holding up sheets with badge numbers on them... some of them were there for HOURS. Talk about wasting valuable PAX time...

I wonder how many people actually managed to match up bagdes...

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    GoshaDoleGoshaDole Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm surprised Konami isn't on the list. Its stranges that they never come to PAX. Hudson is there though. I want to play some Castlevania!

GoshaDole on
This discussion has been closed.