Options

[MOBA DOBA] League of Legends, Attack of the Boring OP

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Cutfang wrote: »
    I don't see the point of tiger stance

If it procs on-hit effects like Bloodrazor or Black Cleaver with every hit, I could see it being a good opener. Or for jungling with Madred's Razor. I don't know if this is the case.

Works fine with Madred's Bloodrazor, but with Madred's Razor the proc does 1/3rd of the damage in Tiger stance, making it stupid.

In response to this from the last thread, this means that one set of three hits from a Bloodrazor in Tiger stance will do 240 damage on top of what you'd normally do to a 2000 HP carry with no magic resist. That's just under 1/8 of that character's health in the span of one auto attack with just one point in Tiger.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Again. Tank Vlad is only Vlad. Accept no substitutes.
    tankvladisonlyvlad.gif

And placing Wards near Barron and ganking the opposing team there THREE TIMES as they failed to grasp the concept is flipping hilarious.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    Cutfang wrote: »
    I don't see the point of tiger stance

If it procs on-hit effects like Bloodrazor or Black Cleaver with every hit, I could see it being a good opener. Or for jungling with Madred's Razor. I don't know if this is the case.

Works fine with Madred's Bloodrazor, but with Madred's Razor the proc does 1/3rd of the damage in Tiger stance, making it stupid.

In response to this from the last thread, this means that one set of three hits from a Bloodrazor in Tiger stance will do 240 damage on top of what you'd normally do to a 2000 HP carry with no magic resist. That's just under 1/8 of that character's health in the span of one auto attack with just one point in Tiger.

who the hell uses tiger stance anyway?

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    This game is teh suk.

Did Kayle get nerfed recently? I couldn't find the patch notes with a quick google so I'll go with yes.

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Tiger stance only procs on-hit effects for the first hit of the triplecombo. Otherwise it would be stupidly good.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    TagTag Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Tiger stance is purely for the on activation proc and the passive increased attack speed (not the split into 3 bs, which is only useful vs. Poppy and Panth).

Tag on
    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    i think AP nidalee might be my new thing
    nidaleeismybusiness.png

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Tag wrote: »
    Tiger stance is purely for the on activation proc and the passive increased attack speed (not the split into 3 bs, which is only useful vs. Poppy and Panth).

only time I'm ever in tiger stance is when I'm taking down towers, or trying to focus down one dumb butt tank.

even then i'd just use phoenix

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    testing a pure AD build with tiger stance atm

Surprisingly hard nuking, although really fiddly. Also crits seem to function oddly with tiger, sometimes displaying, sometimes not, and they feel at an incorrectly low rate.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Again. Tank Vlad is only Vlad. Accept no substitutes.
    tankvladisonlyvlad.gif

And placing Wards near Barron and ganking the opposing team there THREE TIMES as they failed to grasp the concept is flipping hilarious.

I see your point, and respectfully disagree. I go straight AP. Grab Majai's and as long as you can keep a decent amount of stacks on it (10 or more) with his passive and AP items It's hard for me to not kill an entire team in fights. Maybe I'm the only one, but I will never build him any other way.

SuperRuper on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    hm

anyone else not able to log in? gets stuck on the "loading" popup after I punch in my password

interrobang on
  • Options
    CognisseurCognisseur Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So I was playing Annie earlier today and the team had me go mid. And my opponent was a Vlad.

I just... I don't even know what the fuck. I felt like I had absolutely zero chance against him. He would life leech nuke, I would use my fireball, in the end he'd restore most of his health and mine would dwindle down quickly.

Was there anything I could do in that situation or was that a really bad match-up? He didn't even care when I did stun fireball -> flame wave. He just turned around and went back to beating the shit out of me.

Cognisseur on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    hm

anyone else not able to log in? gets stuck on the "loading" popup after I punch in my password

Yes, I'm having trouble getting in.

Unfortunate too. This game has been relatively lag free for about 2 weeks. I figured their server situation had improved in some way.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Lately I have been unable to get enough of that one Tosh mission in SC 2. You know which one.

And then I was like, "Godammit, someone should make a whole game like this!"

And then someone else was like, "Uh. They have. They've made a few."

And now I've downloaded the LoL, and will break you all.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    ParisInFlamesParisInFlames Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The Ender wrote: »
    Lately I have been unable to get enough of that one Tosh mission in SC 2. You know which one.

And then I was like, "Godammit, someone should make a whole game like this!"

And then someone else was like, "Uh. They have. They've made a few."

And now I've downloaded the LoL, and will break you all.

Some advice:
    pick a couple heroes and stick with them till you learn from playing against other heroes what you want to have permanently.

Play defensively and just come out from behind your creep wave to make the last hit to kill creeps to make money.

The biggest hurdle with these types of games is learning what heroes do and what you can do to counter them or lessen their advantage. Sadly that knowledge mostly comes from playing, though you can read up on heroes and what they do in the games interface.

GL HF.

ParisInFlames on
    UnderwaterUmbrellaGirlwider.jpg
    Steam id: skoot LoL id: skoot
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    nealcm wrote: »
    nidaleeismybusiness.png

No Rylai's?

For shame

Slicer on
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    well when i went back and realized that all mid all random was a war of attrition archangel's seemed like a good idea

rylai's sounded like a good idea when i went back but then i thought about it and i was like "do any of her tiger abilities count as magic damage for my rylai's?" and somehow i convinced myself that they were all things like poppy's devastating blow, that affect my next attack

this isn't the case, is it

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    well when i went back and realized that all mid all random was a war of attrition archangel's seemed like a good idea

rylai's sounded like a good idea when i went back but then i thought about it and i was like "do any of her tiger abilities count as magic damage for my rylai's?" and somehow i convinced myself that they were all things like poppy's devastating blow, that affect my next attack

this isn't the case, is it

Her Q in cougar form doesn't proc Rylai's but her pounce and swipe do. Also it makes her traps slow so it can be funny!

Didn't realize that was an all random all mid game however.

Slicer on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Server Status: Busy

I AM DISAPPOINT

You are spared from the atrocity that is me.

For now.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Some advice:
    pick a couple heroes and stick with them till you learn from playing against other heroes what you want to have permanently.

Play defensively and just come out from behind your creep wave to make the last hit to kill creeps to make money.

The biggest hurdle with these types of games is learning what heroes do and what you can do to counter them or lessen their advantage. Sadly that knowledge mostly comes from playing, though you can read up on heroes and what they do in the games interface.

GL HF.

I just want to use the guy that looks somewhat like The Vindicator from Spawn. Apparently it eats people? Fucking rad.

If that doesn't work out, I'll probably try Dr. Mundo.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    DracoGriffinDracoGriffin Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    nidaleeismybusiness.png

I learned that AP Akali is my thing. As well as announcing, "First time Akali!" after every kill, death, assist, towerdives, losing a tower and destroying a tower. Or pretty much whenever. Thank god for inhouse!

DracoGriffin on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    What makes Shen such a pro tank character? I've played probably in the neighborhood of 15-20 matches as Shen, and I've never been satisfied with my own results.

I never feel like my taunts are long enough. It often feels as if the taunt element of the dash completely fails.

I'm never satisfied with the healing factor on his sword throw, and the damage on the sword throw is downright pathetic.

I'm never satisfied with the damage absorption on Feint. It always feels like its never enough.

And finally, his ult is nice for the mobility, but given that I've never been satisfied with his other 3 abilities, I've never had a truly epic port where I show up and turn the tide of a battle. I feel like every time I show up, the battle pretty much takes the same natural course it was gonna take anyway, whether its a win or a loss. In other words, I feel like I'm simply not a contributor as a positive or negative force.

I say all of that, because I really want to learn how to be good with him. So if anyone has advice. Or if there are some good Shen videos to watch and learn how to be the king of tanks, I need to figure this out.

Also, what sort of build should I be doing? What summoner spells? What runes? What masteries? What items?

Basically, I feel like everything I'm ever doing as Shen is all wrong and I need to basically start over at the beginning because I obviously don't even understand him.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

I AM DISAPPOINT

For now.

Up Down Left Right Up Up Down Down

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    so hey, AD Sion! How is it? Anyone try it?

tyrannus on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I still feel completely dirty playing Zilean

http://www.lolbase.net/matches/view/US38188657
    201008212120Win.jpg
    Clairvoyance let me pick the lane, so I was w/ Amumu against Jax+Rammus. They got utterly no farm at all, it was quite unfortunate.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010

I AM DISAPPOINT

For now.

You are the effin' person.

Game's pretty awesome so far. Uh. Is there a way to unlock champions other than the starter set? Or do you have to, like, pay money to access other guys/gals?

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    TracerBulletTracerBullet Spaceman Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

I AM DISAPPOINT

For now.

You are the effin' person.

Game's pretty awesome so far. Uh. Is there a way to unlock champions other than the starter set? Or do you have to, like, pay money to access other guys/gals?

You can unlock champions via influence points(which you get at the end of a game, you get more if you win than if you lose)

Or you can spend cash monies on them.

And every week there is a new rotation of "Free to play champions" that are free to play.

But that was obvious from the title of them.

Oh, and buy Nasus. Because he's the best. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, they're lying.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    ParisInFlamesParisInFlames Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The easiest/cheapest champion is Ashe, she's fairly straight forward, you're ranged so you don't have to learn when to retreat and when to dive for creeps as much so I'd recommend her for first champ.

ParisInFlames on
    UnderwaterUmbrellaGirlwider.jpg
    Steam id: skoot LoL id: skoot
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    She's also squishy as fuck, so if you manage to learn how to not die as her, you should be able to manage to learn how to not die as most other champions.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    AGHBLAGH WHY DO I GET ERRORS

I'm guessing their servers are clogged tonight?

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Bleh. Game is being dumb right now.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Zandracon wrote: »
    Bleh. Game is being dumb right now.
    I worked from 3-midnight on my saturday night and came home to this.

FUCK

all i wanted was to be a nerd

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    CognisseurCognisseur Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I don't understand :( I know I'm not the best player, but I'm not that fucking terrible.

And yet, my solo-queue rating keeps going down, and I'm being put on teams with progressively dumber people. I feel like I spend a third of my time in game now explaining things to players because they have no idea.

I don't mean like yelling at them, ranting, or raving. I mean honest to god having to explain that the laning phase is over, you should come to the team rather than being angry at having been abandoned in your lane. I mean explaining that since 2 of our inhibitors are down, we should stay and defend for a while rather than wandering around out there.

And the people listen, kind of. Or at least they don't take offense. That's how bad/new they are. They actually hear this as some sort of new amazing tip they had never heard before.

I just don't understand. I'm not this fucking bad. What is happening?

Cognisseur on
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Kinda random, but is there a way to see who uploaded a game to lolbase?

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Oh well.

Fighting as Blitzcrank in the practice game was pretty rad. His PBAoE was the tech; his stupid punch-grab thing, not so much.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Oh well.

Fighting as Blitzcrank in the practice game was pretty rad. His PBAoE was the tech; his stupid punch-grab thing, not so much.
    Once you get the arm-grab thingy, it will work wonders for your team and you will p much have a free kill for your group when it lands successfully.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Just be sure to not grab Fiddlesticks.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    my recent games with Yi might be signs that I'm finally getting better, but I think that they're more testimony to how great Yi is

a couple times I have killed someone just in time for the next enemy to see me at half-health and come rumbling up, and there is nothing more beautiful than that

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    TagTag Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Our Blitzcrank just decided to try and solo Baron at level 12.

It did not end well.

Tag on
    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I've still never had a chance to solo baron in a real game.

I've done it with Warwick in a practise game and it made me /flex. I just think it would be so pimp to do it for real. Maybe get your team to keep the enemy distracted, then out of nowhere the buff pops up and the enemy's like WTF?

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie