Options

[MOBA DOBA] League of Legends, Attack of the Boring OP

• Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    one time an enemy xin zhao with madred's was trying to solo baron, we had a ward and we were watching him

for the first 10 seconds we were like "what the shit hes gonna do it" because he was attacking so fast while losing no life because of his passive

thennnnnnnnnn baron's debuff that makes you take more damage the more hits you take from him built up

and he went from never going below 90% life to 70% to 30% to dead

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    BeckBeck Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh, wow, I've had a really cool night in league. Weirdly effective combo: Udyr and Garen.

This one series of games illustrates what happened pretty well. Garen always 2v1s, and I jungle. 2 games in a row we play against some really underwhelming dudes, Paperthin (Nidalee, she was the worst), Zimmers (actually a decent Galio), and Ginquee (Amumu). They're not exactly bad, but like most pugs they just don't understand not dying is a big, important part of the game. So, we play against them twice, win both times, and on the 3rd game we're queued with them. And...Man, we're tempted to just queue dodge. But our teammates have been awful all night anyway, so we decide to play with them to see how well we can carry.

And the beauty of Udyr/Garen shines.

We're such a strong carry that it doesn't matter how much they screw up, really. Galio almost never ults, and when he does the damage is pretty lackluster (1, maybe 2 people taunted). Nidalee feeds. G. switches from amumu to Ezreal and actually does all right, but his score ended up worse than mine (as tank udyr) so take it as you will. Garen ends up with a pretty shitty hero comp to lane 2v1 against (Zilean, amumu). It doesn't matter. Garen demoralized the 2v1 lane hard when they try and fail to deny him experience, and we get a kill every time I enter that damn lane anyway. Maclaren knows exactly how to harass and Garen is a perfect champion to harass with. Galio ends up in a 2v1 situation after a botched kill, and it's another 2 kills for us. This comp is just so powerful, it really illustrates how importance of good harassment, and how effective the jungle really is. In the end, I'm 11/0/8, and really happy I spent ten dollars on this champion. You guys should try him out!

He may be the ugliest champion ever, and he's pretty much crap without attack speed marks and quints, but goddamn. Goddamn. Ya'll should try this out.

I am curious, though, Udyr players: is it really worth rushing Randuin's omen? I find a lot of top tier players are recommending this, but I'd like a earlier sunfire cape if I can get it. I'm not sure, though. It's a hard choice. Any opinions?

Beck on
    Lucas's Franklin Badge reflected the lightning back!
  • Options
    NabobNabob Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I bought Katarina today, tried AP and AD builds and did decent but not amazing with both. I definitely like AP more though. All the guides tell you to get a Mejai's but I feel like I won't be able to keep enough stacks on it while I'm still learning with her; anyone have an advice on what to get instead while I'm learning? Or just get the Mejai's and hope I do good?

Nabob on
    3DS Friend Code: 3325-2367-6821
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I was completely surprised just how thoroughly Anivia can work Zilean over during laning phase once she hits 6. I was pretty consistently dodging her stun to setup her frost combo, but once she hits 6 she can toggle the ult to set it up also, which I have to walk through if I want to bomb her. Very annoying. >_<

(Made up for it next game by introducing Jax to many, many rocks to the face as Malphite)

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    CrownAxeCrownAxe Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So apparently the Riot Squad Singed is a promo at Gamecon

Is anyone by chance going?

CrownAxe on
    AwesomeSig.jpg
  • Options
    Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I think mundo is my new main. I got into a premade and they're like "don't change a winning team"

So i'm laning with pantheon mostly.

Itemization ideas for offtank mundo? I've been going

Doran + health pot
    Emblem of valor + appropriate boots
    Ruby into banshees veil or finishes starks By then the game is pretty much done. Figured warmogs and atma

Canada_jezus on
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh God fuck yes

Corki is rad. "WHAT YOU SAYIN' SON? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF MY GATLING GUN."

Lost every match against human opponents I've played so far, but it's still fun. And I think it's more crappy teammates than my newness at this point, which is awesome.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I've come to a realization. Outside of a couple games where Riot's servers fubar'd and DC'd/Crashed me... I haven't lost a game where I went full-on Tank Vlad all this weekend. My losses are all on other characters or AP Vlad.

This tells me that I must keep the vampire sparkling always. :winky:

Also... making sure everyone on your teem gets a Banshee's Veil or FoN when facing a Karth on the enemy team works wonders. 'Softens the Ult a ton. And of course on fat Vlad it just tickles.

And Guardian's Angel is bloody invaluable.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    HAH! I TASTE VICTORY!

And hot damn, that's a boatload more IP you get from human wins. Imma do that more often.

If the OP wants to add me or ppl want to firned me or whatever, my in-client name is RokkEmSokkEm.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Vlad is probably the most annoying champion they've added since Heimer.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I just picked up Singed, and I'm not quite sure how to build him. I was thinking flat HP Reds, mana regen yellows, and cooldown blues with flat HP quints, and 9/21/0 in masteries (eventually, I'm only level 11). Also, should I be playing him as a tank, or as a champion who happens to have a lot of health while I run around poisoning everyone?

For my own Singed I actually do this: Mana everywhere. Mana Red, Mana Blue and Mana Regen Yellow. I also go into utility for the mana regen stuff there. I know it all seems a bit overkill, but you've got to understand that you need to be able to harass properly, and for that you need mana. I tend to go for a Rod of Ages first with boots in there somewhere, and then something more purely defensive. A Rhyli's if I can snag it. Now the RoA might seem an odd choice, but if you can get it early enough, Singed will have so much fat(health) that you wont know what to do with it since a portion of his mana gets turned into HP.

This is a tanky sort of Singed, you get up there and cover their minions and yours in poison. Their minions pop, and they can't get close to yours without getting hurt. Though honestly this only works during the laning phase, but once you've gotten an item or two you'll be killing minions instantly and making the other team wish they hadn't ran through the purple goo.

My buddy tried to tell me to play an AP Singed, and I did. Wanna know what happened? Got my ass raped repeatedly by a Jungling Udyr, who would have been manageable if I'd done my usual thing, I think.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Beck wrote: »
    I am curious, though, Udyr players: is it really worth rushing Randuin's omen? I find a lot of top tier players are recommending this, but I'd like a earlier sunfire cape if I can get it. I'm not sure, though. It's a hard choice. Any opinions?

I'm not sure how you can make use of the cooldown reduction on Udyr without running out of mana, and it seems such a physical heavy item. Would make for good tower tanking though. I tend to run an Aegis first as that is such a great all round item, and then either sunfire cape/randuins, or banshee's veil depending on the enemy team makeup. If i'm not the main tank or if my team is physical heavy I will grab a Starks Fervour instead.

Sunfire capes disadvantage is that any clever champ will use it against you to force a tower to shoot you when you are pushing, and Udyr is really good at hitting towers while ignoring enemy fire.

Really though, it seems like you could build any item on Udyr and work with it. Randuin's does sound good though.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    TangenTangen Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sent PM to OP to be added.

Tangen:Tangen

Been playing a lot of Ez. Also play Akali and Tristana.

Tired of losing with Pubs.

Level 20.

Tangen on
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Someone should log on and play with me. I hate learning a new character with pubs, this suuuuuucks.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Played a shit ton of mundo this weekend. Going for some shen, vlad and twitch now.

Canada_jezus on
  • Options
    TracerBulletTracerBullet Spaceman Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    FightTest wrote: »

You need to start playing Nasus. Nasus vs Vlad I've never had a problem with him at all, it ends up being humorous.

He casts his stupid little pool, I throw my Spirit Fire AoE where I think he's going to retreat to, I've gotten pretty good at predicting it. Wither to slow him down, and suddenly, he's got nothing, you run up, and just start bludgeoning him to death, maybe pop your ultimate if you're feeling mean.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

You need to start playing Nasus. Nasus vs Vlad I've never had a problem with him at all, it ends up being humorous.

He casts his stupid little pool, I throw my Spirit Fire AoE where I think he's going to retreat to, I've gotten pretty good at predicting it. Wither to slow him down, and suddenly, he's got nothing, you run up, and just start bludgeoning him to death, maybe pop your ultimate if you're feeling mean.

Completely unnecessary when you've farmed his AD up properly, and have a Sheen. His Q will rip off any poor Squishies health to half, or even more. And even a tougher champion gets a 1/3 of their health taken off.

Arthil on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Arthil wrote: »

Completely unnecessary when you've farmed his AD up properly, and have a Sheen. His Q will rip off any poor Squishies health to half, or even more. And even a tougher champion gets a 1/3 of their health taken off.

Screw that, Tank nasus is best Nasus. He just becomes unkillable. The only damage item you even need is a Sheen--->Trinity Force if you get the money for it.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Screw that, Tank nasus is best Nasus. He just becomes unkillable. The only damage item you even need is a Sheen--->Trinity Force if you get the money for it.

That's what I meant! Sheen is sex, hell I sometimes forgo a Trinity Force cause it meshes so well with his Q.

Arthil on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

That's what I meant! Sheen is sex, hell I sometimes forgo a Trinity Force cause it meshes so well with his Q.

Trinity force gives +130% damage on ability cast, why would you ever forgo it?

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    VaLiantineVaLiantine Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
  • Options
    edited August 2010

... wait it does?

Arthil on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

... wait it does?

Yup, it's totally tits.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    ...Uh.

Heimerdinger seem kinda ultra-broken. Or am I just suddenly a pro at this game?

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    No Heimer is a fucked up hero.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The Ender wrote: »
    ...Uh.

He can be countered but the wrong 'team' can get destroyed pretty bad by him. Also, if he gets fed he's crazy but that's most heroes really.

aBlank on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Dude trinity force has a sheen in its recipe :o

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Well, 'the wrong team' has been every team I've been up against, then. :P

I solo'd the left lane twice now. One time it was against 3 freakin guys.

How do you counter him?

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Asiina on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ...Uh.

Heimerdinger and Shaco are the two "broken and overpowered" champions of this game. Even in bad hands Heimer is stupid good - with a competent player he's a damn near untouchable, ungankable monster who turns the game into a timed mission.

oh hey
    155j3x4.jpg

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    However both are getting pretty big nerfs in the next patch. Heimer especially. So enjoy being a shitlord while you can.

Asiina on
  • Options
    aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

How do you counter him?

outrange/kill his turrets. Some guys do this easier than others.

Kill him. He's squishy, has no escapes (sans summoner abilities) and tends to push lanes which can sometimes make him vulnerable.

Steal/kill his golem. Heim without golem buff early-ish game isn't that scary.

aBlank on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Heimer's gonna be a bit more vulnerable, but more because he got his max turrets reduced to 2 than because he got the turret damaging grenade removed. As for shaco, nothing will change, even with the ricockulous number of nerfs he's gonna get hit with. I'm gonna give him one day in ranked before people starts banning him again.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Some games people make me just want to stand in the bushes some where and hope to get out of the game quicker. People make stupid play errors and then shit all over the team like we made the shaco tower dive at level 4 and die.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cwapfobrainscwapfobrains Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    What makes Shen such a pro tank character? I've played probably in the neighborhood of 15-20 matches as Shen, and I've never been satisfied with my own results.

I never feel like my taunts are long enough. It often feels as if the taunt element of the dash completely fails.

I'm never satisfied with the healing factor on his sword throw, and the damage on the sword throw is downright pathetic.

I'm never satisfied with the damage absorption on Feint. It always feels like its never enough.

And finally, his ult is nice for the mobility, but given that I've never been satisfied with his other 3 abilities, I've never had a truly epic port where I show up and turn the tide of a battle. I feel like every time I show up, the battle pretty much takes the same natural course it was gonna take anyway, whether its a win or a loss. In other words, I feel like I'm simply not a contributor as a positive or negative force.

I say all of that, because I really want to learn how to be good with him. So if anyone has advice. Or if there are some good Shen videos to watch and learn how to be the king of tanks, I need to figure this out.

Also, what sort of build should I be doing? What summoner spells? What runes? What masteries? What items?

Basically, I feel like everything I'm ever doing as Shen is all wrong and I need to basically start over at the beginning because I obviously don't even understand him.

I'm late on this, but here's my two cents.

His skills feel weak cause they've all been nerfed to hell. Feint's main use is against early lane harassment, Blade's heal really only comes into effect in early laning, and maybe if you farm an entire wave yourself you can heal 1/4 your health.

My Shen build has been Cloth Armor & 5 health pots. This makes it so they can't really push you out of the lane. Build that armor into a Heart of Gold, get Mercury Treads and then a Sunfire Cape. After that make the Heart of Gold into a Randuin's. This build changes if they other team is skewed to one type of damage, but overall it's pretty successful.

The real trick with Shen is learning all his little tricks. Watching your buddies to try to prevent ganks with his ult, ulting away from a gank you see coming, using an early point in feint to negate harassment, and taunting. If you can't get his taunt dash down, you won't be of any use, he's kind of a one-trick-pony with his taunt.

cwapfobrains on
    camo_sig.png
    LoL Summoner: infobrains | XBL: cwap4brains | PSN: infobrains
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    mine is the superior heimershaco

zALp5.png

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    SoaL wrote: »
    mine is the superior heimershaco

zALp5.png

That just looks like Shaco in drag.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    soloing a lane against three guys would actually be a really good thing because by about the 5 minute mark you'd have them outleveled enough to do whatever you want

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

How do you counter him?

Certain heroes have abilities that kind of wreck his turrets. Off the top of my head, some heroes really good at laning against him are Zilean, Dr. Mundo, Galio, Morgana, and Tristana. I'm sure there are others, but basically you just harass his turrets down and then he's a pussy with no mana.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It really depends on the champions though

if it were like, shaco + twitch + taric (or sion) you would have a hell of a time getting any XP at all since getting too close would mean stun -> 2 dudes popping up right next to you

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif