Options

[MOBA DOBA] League of Legends, Attack of the Boring OP

• Options
    InfestedGnomeInfestedGnome Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I love chogath.

I love being a tank and a carry at the same time. I love being too big. I love people fleeing in fear of me. I love chomping people with lower health - stronger damage roles. I love watching amumu trying to position himself amidst our group of heroes to ult only to be screamed at and devoured. I love long range pop ups. I love getting health/mana back with every minion kill. I love guinsoo's rageblade. I love waving my arms in the air, like I just don't care. I love yelling OMNOMNOMNOMNOM. I love guardian's angel. I love making small carries untouchable by having them sit under my hitbox. I hate warwick. I love aoe spines. I love frozen mallet. I love clapping when I laugh. I love being scary. I love being a gentlemen. I love leviathan.

I love chogath

InfestedGnome on
    IGsig.jpg
    AKA [PA]Ilovepandas :D
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    that is pure poetry and i salute you

interrobang on
  • Options
    LunysgwenLunysgwen Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    SoaL wrote: »
    mine is the superior heimershaco

zALp5.png

This needs to be in the OP. Shaco in drag is the best.

Lunysgwen on
  • Options
    TracerBulletTracerBullet Spaceman Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I love chogath.

I love being a tank and a carry at the same time. I love being too big. I love people fleeing in fear of me. I love chomping people with lower health - stronger damage roles. I love watching amumu trying to position himself amidst our group of heroes to ult only to be screamed at and devoured. I love long range pop ups. I love getting health/mana back with every minion kill. I love guinsoo's rageblade. I love waving my arms in the air, like I just don't care. I love yelling OMNOMNOMNOMNOM. I love guardian's angel. I love making small carries untouchable by having them sit under my hitbox. I hate warwick. I love aoe spines. I love frozen mallet. I love clapping when I laugh. I love being scary. I love being a gentlemen. I love leviathan.

I love chogath

I love the whole world, and all it's sights and sounds

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I love chogath.

I love chogath

I love the whole world, and all it's sights and sounds

BOOM DE YADA BOOM DE YADA BOOM DE YADA

interrobang on
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    Asiina wrote: »

i lawled

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Guys, last night I played what might be my greatest game of League ever.

I was playing with my usual group of guys, this time I was using Zilean. I was in bottom lane with our Xin Zhao. Generally, our Xin is very bloodthirsty and likes to sacrifice himself for kills, which we repeatedly try to tell him is not a win if he dies too.

But last night on Zilean I was able to harness his powers and use him as my own personal sword of death. We scored the first 3 kills of the game down in bottom lane. All were assists for me, kills for him. But we were playing in complete unison and I was instructing him on when to commit and when to play conservatively. At one point I even instructed him on when to make a tower dive for a kill, and I hasted him out for a very humiliating kill against the other team.

He went back to buy and I fell to an early game revenge gank. They pulled 4 people down to kill me while he was gone. And that was the last time I died the entire match. I had an uninterrupted kill-streak of 12 and finished the match 12/1/13.

But it wasn't just my own personal record that made it my best game ever. I felt like we were in total control of every battle for the entire game. I was using hastes, slows, and my ult-rez to completely control the course of every team fight. I would let my teammates know that they can go ahead and die cause they would return with 60% health or whatever the amount is of Zilean's final rank.

We also had a lot of vision wards down around the map and had almost full map awareness which allowed the team to set-up some truly masterful ganks.

The whole thing was beautiful.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Someone play dis with me.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    i like dix

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It's true

You like dix

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Tank vlad is pretty much all "Oh hey you wanna kill me?"

POOL OF BLOOD BROS

Canada_jezus on
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So I've been trying to get better with Master Yi. I've been following this guide pretty much to the letter and it has given me somewhat limited success. http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/7398-the-dark-arts-of-master-yi.xhtml

I don't use AP Yi, I use AD. Any tips on how to be just a little better? I seem to break even with kills / deaths when I play him now, but I don't want to die as often as I do.

A change I've been doing from that guide is after the Infinity Edge I get a Stark's Fervor, seems to be working out pretty well.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    What makes Shen such a pro tank character? I've played probably in the neighborhood of 15-20 matches as Shen, and I've never been satisfied with my own results.

I never feel like my taunts are long enough. It often feels as if the taunt element of the dash completely fails.

I'm never satisfied with the healing factor on his sword throw, and the damage on the sword throw is downright pathetic.

I'm never satisfied with the damage absorption on Feint. It always feels like its never enough.

And finally, his ult is nice for the mobility, but given that I've never been satisfied with his other 3 abilities, I've never had a truly epic port where I show up and turn the tide of a battle. I feel like every time I show up, the battle pretty much takes the same natural course it was gonna take anyway, whether its a win or a loss. In other words, I feel like I'm simply not a contributor as a positive or negative force.

I say all of that, because I really want to learn how to be good with him. So if anyone has advice. Or if there are some good Shen videos to watch and learn how to be the king of tanks, I need to figure this out.

Also, what sort of build should I be doing? What summoner spells? What runes? What masteries? What items?

Basically, I feel like everything I'm ever doing as Shen is all wrong and I need to basically start over at the beginning because I obviously don't even understand him.

I'm late on this, but here's my two cents.

His skills feel weak cause they've all been nerfed to hell. Feint's main use is against early lane harassment, Blade's heal really only comes into effect in early laning, and maybe if you farm an entire wave yourself you can heal 1/4 your health.

My Shen build has been Cloth Armor & 5 health pots. This makes it so they can't really push you out of the lane. Build that armor into a Heart of Gold, get Mercury Treads and then a Sunfire Cape. After that make the Heart of Gold into a Randuin's. This build changes if they other team is skewed to one type of damage, but overall it's pretty successful.

The real trick with Shen is learning all his little tricks. Watching your buddies to try to prevent ganks with his ult, ulting away from a gank you see coming, using an early point in feint to negate harassment, and taunting. If you can't get his taunt dash down, you won't be of any use, he's kind of a one-trick-pony with his taunt.
    It's his ult+taunt. If you try to force a fight on his teammates, Shen can ult to block your burst, then taunt you and turn the tables very quickly. Alternatively, he can preemptively ult on his teammates as they're starting a fight against you for the same effect. Take Teleport on him too and his mobility is very, very good.

Itemwise, that sounds good. I know one of my buddies who mains Shen likes to fit in a mid-game Sheen if possible.
    The Ender wrote: »
    Well, 'the wrong team' has been every team I've been up against, then. :P

I solo'd the left lane twice now. One time it was against 3 freakin guys.

How do you counter him?

Certain heroes have abilities that kind of wreck his turrets. Off the top of my head, some heroes really good at laning against him are Zilean, Dr. Mundo, Galio, Morgana, and Tristana. I'm sure there are others, but basically you just harass his turrets down and then he's a pussy with no mana.
    That's a good list. I'd add Cho'Gath, Ezreal, and Mordekaiser onto that list as well. Potentially Sion, but I've never seen it personally.
    But it wasn't just my own personal record that made it my best game ever. I felt like we were in total control of every battle for the entire game. I was using hastes, slows, and my ult-rez to completely control the course of every team fight. I would let my teammates know that they can go ahead and die cause they would return with 60% health or whatever the amount is of Zilean's final rank.
    Small quibble, but fyi Zilean's ult is a flat amount (1k base at Rank 3), while GA is 40% of max. If you use it on a tank with 4.5k HP, he's not going to come back with that much.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    ProbadProbad Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Small quibble, but fyi Zilean's ult is a flat amount (1k base at Rank 3), while GA is 40% of max. If you use it on a tank with 4.5k HP, he's not going to come back with that much.

Maybe you haven't seen the AP coefficient on Zilean's ult.

Probad on
  • Options
    InterjectionInterjection Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So, I am not really sure how vent should work? I was dicking around in it yesterday...and LoL went down so I kind of stopped using it, but how do the channels work? Do you just go into the first LoL one until somebody wants a game? Or do you wait until somebody wants a game and then you guys hang out in a channel?

I only ask because when I was playing yesterday everybody seemed to be in nice 5 people channels and I assumed they were all premades.

But good news...I was 4/4 yesterday with blitz...rocket grab is great...especially when somebody goes to a tower to recall thinking they are safe and you go to the jungle and rocket grab for the kill.

Caused 2 ragequits so far with blitz...feels good man. Can't wait till I hit lvl 12 to master the flashgrab...turret doing my work all day. Wish I could duo or premade with a champ with a stun...cause the pugs don't see the logic in that apparently.

Interjection on
    aka kcMasterpiece
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Probad wrote: »

Truth. I saw an Archangel's Zilean in this pub game that would ult someone, and they would come back with full life every time. Probably the most annoying Zilean I have ever played against.

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    So, I am not really sure how vent should work? I was dicking around in it yesterday...and LoL went down so I kind of stopped using it, but how do the channels work? Do you just go into the first LoL one until somebody wants a game? Or do you wait until somebody wants a game and then you guys hang out in a channel?

I only ask because when I was playing yesterday everybody seemed to be in nice 5 people channels and I assumed they were all premades.

But good news...I was 4/4 yesterday with blitz...rocket grab is great...especially when somebody goes to a tower to recall thinking they are safe and you go to the jungle and rocket grab for the kill.

Caused 2 ragequits so far with blitz...feels good man. Can't wait till I hit lvl 12 to master the flashgrab...turret doing my work all day. Wish I could duo or premade with a champ with a stun...cause the pugs don't see the logic in that apparently.

Just go into someone's channel and bug the shit out of them. Be like that really annoying kid on the playground that nobody wanted to play with, but he annoyed everyone so much that eventually they let him play.

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I can't seem to play autoattack champs. It's really buggy in that I'll click on someone to attack them and my guy will just kinda run at them but will never stop to attack. Like I enjoy playing TF but sometimes I just cannot get him to throw his damn card. He'll walk within melee range of somebody and just kinda stop.

Asiina on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sometimes I don't know how I manage to win certain games. For all accounts going up with a Twisted Fate on your team with Cho'Gath as the tank and everyone as AP against Tryndamere and Veigar, if the game lasts more than a hour they SHOULD win it, but somehow I won that.

Asiina: A good tip I might have heard is to not right click all the time to attack. Try that out maybe?

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

Truth. I saw an Archangel's Zilean in this pub game that would ult someone, and they would come back with full life every time. Probably the most annoying Zilean I have ever played against.
    I'm aware it's 3 per, but I play Support Zilean, so... =p

Soul Shroud, Will of the Ancients, Aegis, and team ward bitch. Maybe build towards a Archangel's at that point (I'd go for an early Tear in that case), but meh.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

go in to the channel with the most people, and say:

"i'm mooman, and i fucked your mother"

you will get invites.

alternatively, just hop between channels and see if people are almost done with their current games/will have space next game.

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    SoaL wrote: »
    mine is the superior heimershaco

zALp5.png

You know The Nanny, that sitcom from like 15 years ago starring Fran Drescher?

Yeah, your Shaco looks like her mom on that show.

p-sylvia.gif

Edit: actually you know what from now on she is Shaco.

Aydr on
  • Options
    aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    so servers (US) down?

(EDIT) yep...

aBlank on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    So which Sion is best Sion?

Pure AP Sion?

AP/Tank Hybrid Sion?

Or AD Sion?

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Pure AP Sion?

AP/Tank Hybrid Sion?

Or AD Sion?

pure AP sion!

tyrannus on
  • Options
    bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    aBlank wrote: »
    so servers (US) down?

(EDIT) yep...

appears so

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    tyrannus wrote: »

Pure AP Sion?

AP/Tank Hybrid Sion?

Or AD Sion?

pure AP sion!

I'm gonna trust you.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    aBlank wrote: »
    so servers (US) down?

(EDIT) yep...

blankasaurus plays this!

oh boy

pure ap sion ruins low elo games, but sions real power comes from his ult in teamfights, and building him dps does that.

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yeah I'm looking at different guides right now, and I'm just torn;

On the one hand, I don't really imagine Death's Carress is "useless" as all the DPS guides try to say, but on the other, I really can't imagine his Ultimate being useless, as the AP guides state.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

I'm aware it's 3 per, but I play Support Zilean, so... =p

Soul Shroud, Will of the Ancients, Aegis, and team ward bitch. Maybe build towards a Archangel's at that point (I'd go for an early Tear in that case), but meh.

I usually play AP carries like Katarina and Annie, and this guy made me want to play Zilean. He FRIGHTENED me the entire game. I did not want to get close to this fucker because I would see a ticking timebomb of doom above my head and BAM 3/4 of my health gone.

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    Sometimes I don't know how I manage to win certain games. For all accounts going up with a Twisted Fate on your team with Cho'Gath as the tank and everyone as AP against Tryndamere and Veigar, if the game lasts more than a hour they SHOULD win it, but somehow I won that.

Asiina: A good tip I might have heard is to not right click all the time to attack. Try that out maybe?
    ^^^^^^^^

Right clicking multiple times seems to reset the path/action in which the champion is assigned.

Like, if you click multiple times while persuing someone or running away (which is perfectly normal) sometimes my champion will decide to do laps around the minions I'm running by.

This I believe is because every click I do isn't in the same exact spot obviously, so the champion is like DUR ok now i'll go this route, DUR new click next route.

Edit: Also TF is a dick and is pretty hard to get used to at first buttsiina. He's one of those dudes that take a while to learn.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    $$#@$!

Man, my IP farming was going so well until the servers went down.

Out of curiosity, what day does the free character roster rotate? And is there any indication of what it'll rotate into?

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited August 2010

On the one hand, I don't really imagine Death's Carress is "useless" as all the DPS guides try to say, but on the other, I really can't imagine his Ultimate being useless, as the AP guides state.
    His AP Ult is like having a Vampiric Scepter every 60 seconds or something.

It's pretty weak as AP Sion.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Death's Caress is what you will be raping all sorts of face with as AP Sion.

That's his shield.

You know, with the 1.0 AP ratio on damage absorbed and 1.0 AP ratio on damage dealt.

In an AOE spell.

His ult is basically reduced to healing after a team fight, but hey, whatever.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Turns out I'm actually on the European Server and my computer flags the US installer as a virus

Whoooooooops

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010

yeah, his ult isn't amazing as AP; but...

it's got a short cool down

and, if you get a nashor's tooth you end up with amazing attack speed

i find it's used best when taking down turrets
    but; in a team fight it's more akin to having a stark's fervor every 60 seconds
    (everyone around you gets healed while you attack)

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    plehpleh Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Finally I get a win to break my 5 game losing streak...

aaaaand the servers went down again while I was in my game. Here's hoping I still get the game recorded and the first win of the day bonus :(

pleh on
  • Options
    UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The Ender wrote: »
    $$#@$!

Man, my IP farming was going so well until the servers went down.

Out of curiosity, what day does the free character roster rotate? And is there any indication of what it'll rotate into?

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=9

The rotations are announced in their own thread on that board on Mondays I think. You can see from the chart that some heroes are overdue for getting a free week, but it's never set in stone. They like to keep it so that there are some characters of different archetypes in free week, and from what the chart in that thread shows there are at least half a dozen heroes that haven't been free since season 1 started six weeks ago.

UnknownSaint on
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    people say AP sion is the best but PD Sion is an absolute fucker

I think having high AS, AD and crit outweighs having a mo baller shield

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    by late game it's not just the shield

if you're building nashor's tooth/lich bane/zonyas your stun will also do outrageous damage, and cool down in a couple seconds

TyrantCow on