Options

[MOBA DOBA] League of Legends, Attack of the Boring OP

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Aydr wrote: »
    SoaL wrote: »
    mine is the superior heimershaco

zALp5.png

You know The Nanny, that sitcom from like 15 years ago starring Fran Drescher?

Yeah, your Shaco looks like her mom on that show.

p-sylvia.gif

Edit: actually you know what from now on she is Shaco.

This is truly, truly, truly, truly outrageous.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    SrazekSrazek Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    LoL players are invading my HoN matches since servers are down, send help

But in all seriousness, why are they shitting all over it? I play HoN and love it because it's the closest thing to DoTA, and the one time I tried to play lol the installer kept corrupting itself. So I just deleted it.

Srazek on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Right seriously

How the hell do I get this installer to run when my computer is utterly convinced it's a virus

this is bloody annoying

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    ParisInFlamesParisInFlames Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Daius wrote: »
    Right seriously

How the hell do I get this installer to run when my computer is utterly convinced it's a virus

this is bloody annoying

Right click>Run as administrator?

ParisInFlames on
    UnderwaterUmbrellaGirlwider.jpg
    Steam id: skoot LoL id: skoot
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    TyrantCow wrote: »
    by late game it's not just the shield

if you're building nashor's tooth/lich bane/zonyas your stun will also do outrageous damage, and cool down in a couple seconds

yeah I get that

and I haven't played much Sion and I am definitely not arguing that AP sion is a dummie

but AD Sion is an absolute brute, too

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    i agree

that is the beauty of sion

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    TracerBulletTracerBullet Spaceman Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    AP Sion was alright, gonna give DPS Sion a shot.

He's no Nasus though.

Nasus is a monster.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    CrewMember169CrewMember169 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Asiina wrote: »
    I can't seem to play autoattack champs. It's really buggy in that I'll click on someone to attack them and my guy will just kinda run at them but will never stop to attack. Like I enjoy playing TF but sometimes I just cannot get him to throw his damn card. He'll walk within melee range of somebody and just kinda stop.

I have this problem when playing Tristana. I will click on somebody to attack them and she will just walk right up to them before starting to attack.

CrewMember169 on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    the first time you get a crit at level 2 for over half their health you will be popping boners forever

(@ AD sion)

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    TyrantCow wrote: »
    i agree

that is the beauty of sion

how would you roll with DPS sion

tyrannus on
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    the first time you get a crit at level 2 for over half their health you will be popping boners forever

(@ AD sion)

sooooooo truuuuuuue

interrobang on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    wait ait ait aatitts

are the servers up

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    Mei HikariMei Hikari Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Should I even be surprised at the servers being down on a weekend anymore?

Mei Hikari on
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    Mei Hikari wrote: »
    Should I even be surprised at the servers being down on a weekend anymore?

nope.

They tend to always be down on weekends and whenever I have time off, like some obscure time like Tuesday @ 1:00 PM.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g451MGOR-5U
    I have over 1GB of score screen images from the past few months, indicating every 3rd game is a h10K - l3D game. As you can see, my play here is horrible in terms of map awareness, skirmish Micro and caring for teammates. Now, I've improved above a level you can even dream of playing.
    Berserker's Greaves IS a proper pair of boots for Warwick.
    Your brain, it's defect, sorry. I don't care what your mom makes you believe. You are an idiot, sorry.

I laughed.

Mei Hikari on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

He's no Nasus though.

Nasus is a monster.

Nasus also does like no damage, he's only pumpin out deeps early levels.

Whereas AP Sion can charge his shield, stun someone, melee them twice and explode his shield to get them around or below 1/2 health.

You have to take into consideration too, that the more AP you stack with sion, the MORE his shield withstands hits and the more damage it does when it explodes. It also brings up your stun damage, which is basically a nuke initiator.

I think I might try AD sion, but I believe I'm going to venture back into the world of TF.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    so is it up
    is it down
    is it up
    is it down

should I boot into windows?

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    cue Slice defending Nasus in 3...2...

Mei Hikari on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    people say AP sion is the best but PD Sion is an absolute fucker

I think having high AS, AD and crit outweighs having a mo baller shield

you seem to forget the baller shield does more baller damage with AP. and when I say baller, I mean you can drop multiple peoples health by 1/4 early game and even moreso late game.

his stun also does baller damage with more AP, making it a nuke p much.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    people say AP sion is the best but PD Sion is an absolute fucker

I think having high AS, AD and crit outweighs having a mo baller shield

you seem to forget the baller shield does more baller damage with AP. and when I say baller, I mean you can drop multiple peoples health by 1/4 early game and even moreso late game.

his stun also does baller damage with more AP, making it a nuke p much.

I do not forget that! as a matter of fact I directly reference it in the post you quoted

also tyrant and I talked about this at the top of the page

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Some sort of video.
    I have over 1GB of score screen images from the past few months, indicating every 3rd game is a h10K - l3D game. As you can see, my play here is horrible in terms of map awareness, skirmish Micro and caring for teammates. Now, I've improved above a level you can even dream of playing.
    Your brain, it's defect, sorry. I don't care what your mom makes you believe. You are an idiot, sorry.

I laughed.

So what is the point of this video? I stopped watching 3 minutes in because I assumed the guy who made those comments is the one playing and he sounds like a tool.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

He's no Nasus though.

Nasus is a monster.

Whereas AP Sion can charge his shield, stun someone, melee them twice and explode his shield to get them around or below 1/2 health.

You have to take into consideration too, that the more AP you stack with sion, the MORE his shield withstands hits and the more damage it does when it explodes. It also brings up your stun damage, which is basically a nuke initiator.

I think I might try AD sion, but I believe I'm going to venture back into the world of TF.

No, see, Nasus does like, no damage if you have no idea how to play him. If you lane correctly, your Siphoning Strike can have +200 bonus damage, plus whatever your normal autoattack is (seems to get up to 100) +100 at max level, that alone is 400 damage.

Not to mention popping his Ultimate increases that damage, and hits them 4% of their HP a second, all of this coupled with an AoE Armor reduction, and an amazing good slow, and Nasus is just a beast.

He doesn't put out "like no damage", that's a fool talking.

Not to mention the crazy damage he can put up from a perfect synergy with Sheen/Trinity Force.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    cue Slice defending Nasus in 3...2...

I was beaten to it apparently!

So I'll just add that Nasus is awesome because he can do so many different things because he's really versatile with builds. Tank, offtank, beefy DPS, Jungler (Surprised I don't see this one more often, I saw a jungle Nasus on a stream once so I gave it a shot and it works very well!), etc etc. It's fun to play a hero that's great at so many different roles.

Slicer on
  • Options
    aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Some sort of video.

I laughed.

So what is the point of this video? I stopped watching 3 minutes in because I assumed the guy who made those comments is the one playing and he sounds like a tool.

Not sure, but I don't see why Beserker's are that bad of a choice. There wasn't any CC on that team (other than Warwick ulti?) so Merc treads are a dumb investment. I guess he could of gone swiftness but cheaper zerk boots don't seem like a bad choice.

aBlank on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    berserker's boots are never the right choice (except on olaf sometimes I hear?)

the actual boost to DPS that that 25% represents at level 18 is hilariously negligible compared to the defense from Merc Treads or Ninja Tabi

if you are having absolutely no problems concerning survivability, Boots of Swiftness or Mobility are a better choice

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    CleonicusCleonicus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

(@ AD sion)

That's gotta be obnoxious when you are meeting new people. "Oh don't mind my tent, I crit with Sion at level 2."

Cleonicus on
    Debate 'n' DeHockey team: Astronauts
  • Options
    edited August 2010

He's no Nasus though.

Nasus is a monster.

No, see, Nasus does like, no damage if you have no idea how to play him. If you lane correctly, your Siphoning Strike can have +200 bonus damage, plus whatever your normal autoattack is (seems to get up to 100) +100 at max level, that alone is 400 damage.

Not to mention popping his Ultimate increases that damage, and hits them 4% of their HP a second, all of this coupled with an AoE Armor reduction, and an amazing good slow, and Nasus is just a beast.

Not to mention the crazy damage he can put up from a perfect synergy with Sheen/Trinity Force.

and what does it sound like when you said AP sion was "ok"?

All AP sion takes is popping off 2 abilities, which are pretty much guaranteed to land.

Nasus needs the mans to be snared, stay in a circle and be within melee range, everything is situational with him.

AP sion can just stun and esplode and people die.

I think you were just approaching fights the wrong way or something with AP sion.

Edit: I never really meant Nasus does NO damage, just compared to most deeps and especially AP sion, he isn't comparable.

If I was AP sion and I was laning against a Nasus, I would just laugh as he snared me and kill his ass.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    yes this is perfect I was just about to pick up anivia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJAN1oDRJpk

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So, I hear this is the new thread.

Been playing Mord a lot. So good.

programjunkie on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

He's no Nasus though.

Nasus is a monster.

and what does it sound like when you said AP sion was "ok"?

All AP sion takes is popping off 2 abilities, which are pretty much guaranteed to land.

Nasus needs the mans to be snared, stay in a circle and be within melee range, everything is situational with him.

AP sion can just stun and esplode and people die.

I think you were just approaching fights the wrong way or something with AP sion.

Edit: I never really meant Nasus does NO damage, just compared to most deeps and especially AP sion, he isn't comparable.

If I was AP sion and I was laning against a Nasus, I would just laugh as he snared me and kill his ass.

I said Sion was Alright from a perspective of enjoyment, I never shat on Sion.

Nasus is a crazy effective tank, he isn't about the burst, he's about the sustained damage, the area control, and the crazy good ability to tower dive.

Nothing about him is situational, he doesn't need wither, and he doesn't need his circle, but the make everything infinitely better. Wither saves people's lives if a team fight goes awry, and it stops people running away(yes, I know, Sion has a stun as well). That circle is a global armor reduction for every enemy who stands in it, if they wanna keep wailing on your team, they're going to be doing it at a cost. Hell, even being near Nasus is costly, because of his ultimate.

Sion is awesome, I'm just more partial to Nasus, but then again, I've played ONE Sion game and said he was alright. Sorry for bunching up your panties. Granted, I shall forever marvel at your ability to read so much from a single sentence on a champion.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

I want Mord so baaaad

I found an incredible skin for him. Like, it's so good it should be the standard skin.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Berserker's boots are absolutely fine on tonnes of characters if you build properly. On yi for example, cleanse + quicksilver sash + berserker's greaves is VASTLY superior.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

I want Mord so baaaad

I found an incredible skin for him. Like, it's so good it should be the standard skin.

Is it the one with no head?

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    yes this is perfect I was just about to pick up anivia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJAN1oDRJpk

That is absolutely beautiful

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    thats just horrible but i laugh soooooooooo hard at it

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Berserker's boots are absolutely fine on tonnes of characters if you build properly. On yi for example, cleanse + quicksilver sash + berserker's greaves is VASTLY superior.

that's so silly

ninja tabi, merc treads or boots of swiftness are far, far, far, far better on yi

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

I want Mord so baaaad

Is it the one with no head?

Sure is! Dullakaiser.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    that's so silly

ninja tabi, merc treads or boots of swiftness are far, far, far, far better on yi

They can be better (except boots of swiftness, good lord no on yi), but if you're facing a competent team with decent CC (especially anything involving blind - note that mercury's treads does nothing to it), then the cleanse / quicksilver option is infinitely better. Most notably because quicksilver sash also removes things like mordekaiser ults, ignite, exhaust, etc. The whole "berserker's greaves are terrible always" thing is such a canard, and is endlessly repeated because a few people say so. There are plenty of builds that use them because they are an incredibly cheap way of getting an attack speed boost and a movement speed upgrade, if you have cc removal already covered.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I had just looked up that pro Anivia guide because that other video made me want to watch something actually good. At one point one of his teammates even says he must be trolling. So hilarious.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    that's so silly

They can be better (except boots of swiftness, good lord no on yi), but if you're facing a competent team with decent CC (especially anything involving blind - note that mercury's treads does nothing to it), then the cleanse / quicksilver option is infinitely better. Most notably because quicksilver sash also removes things like mordekaiser ults, ignite, exhaust, etc. The whole "berserker's greaves are terrible always" thing is such a canard, and is endlessly repeated because a few people say so. There are plenty of builds that use them because they are an incredibly cheap way of getting an attack speed boost and a movement speed upgrade, if you have cc removal already covered.

quicksilver and cleanse is also much, much more expensive, requires sacrificing a summoner spell, and serves a different purpose (two debuff-removers vs. shortening all snares)

what you're saying here is kinda like saying "yeah the long sword CAN be a good item but why get that when the b.f. sword is so much better?"

Charles Kinbote on