Options

[MOBA DOBA] League of Legends, Attack of the Boring OP

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The server's back up. Stop idling in vent, nerds.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    quicksilver and cleanse is also much, much more expensive, requires sacrificing a summoner spell, and serves a different purpose (two debuff-removers vs. shortening all snares)

what you're saying here is kinda like saying "yeah the long sword CAN be a good item but why get that when the b.f. sword is so much better?"

No.

a) Yi mostly cannot be snared
    b) The ability to end a stun/blind/snare/ignite/exhaust/etc INSTANTLY is infinitely superior to merely shortening stuns and snares.

Sometimes you will only want the treads. However, against a serious CC team with any kind of coordination, you will do far better running cleanse/quicksilver. That analogy is also spectacularly inane.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I won 8 games today. I'm pretty ok.

Canada_jezus on
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    quicksilver and cleanse is also much, much more expensive, requires sacrificing a summoner spell, and serves a different purpose (two debuff-removers vs. shortening all snares)

what you're saying here is kinda like saying "yeah the long sword CAN be a good item but why get that when the b.f. sword is so much better?"

No.

a) Yi mostly cannot be snared
    b) The ability to end a stun/blind/snare/ignite/exhaust/etc INSTANTLY is infinitely superior to merely shortening stuns and snares.

Sometimes you will only want the treads. However, against a serious CC team with any kind of coordination, you will do far better running cleanse/quicksilver. That analogy is also spectacularly inane.

I'm not saying it isn't better. But it's entirely different because it's an entirely different item that costs much more and requires taking up a slot that boots, on their own, would not be taking up. Whereas the AS on zerkers could easily be part of another item that would have other effects besides a simple 25% boost.

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    OK, there are two separate bits of confusion there.

a) The opportunity cost of berserker's greaves (the latter part of your question there, ie what am I losing by taking 'zerkers) is negated if the alternatives have been rendered not useful by dint of what you already have.
    b) It is different. That's my entire point. That there will be situations where running cleanse/quicksilver with berserker's greaves is a superior option to running mercury's treads. When people say "Berserker's greaves are always the wrong thing to buy", this is a statement they have implicitly negated.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Missed a Nasus discussion, but who cares about damage when you got the best single slow in the entire game. Also an ult that does a fuckton of psychological damage, and a good bit of real damage too.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Missed a Nasus discussion, but who cares about damage when you got the best single slow in the entire game. Also an ult that does a fuckton of psychological damage, and a good bit of real damage too.

On the topic of nasus' ult, is it meant to display the bonus damage you get from the life leeched on the tooltip? Because I've never seen my damage go up while ulted and I watch for it constantly.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    TracerBulletTracerBullet Spaceman Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

On the topic of nasus' ult, is it meant to display the bonus damage you get from the life leeched on the tooltip? Because I've never seen my damage go up while ulted and I watch for it constantly.

Don't think it does, I've noticed my damage increase from the little numbers sliding off whatever I'm hitting though.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    the 6 of you who were online the moment the servers went up are as sad as me

you know who you are

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    Mei HikariMei Hikari Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Mei Hikari wrote: »
    Some sort of video.
    I have over 1GB of score screen images from the past few months, indicating every 3rd game is a h10K - l3D game. As you can see, my play here is horrible in terms of map awareness, skirmish Micro and caring for teammates. Now, I've improved above a level you can even dream of playing.
    Berserker's Greaves IS a proper pair of boots for Warwick.
    Your brain, it's defect, sorry. I don't care what your mom makes you believe. You are an idiot, sorry.

I laughed.

So what is the point of this video? I stopped watching 3 minutes in because I assumed the guy who made those comments is the one playing and he sounds like a tool.

He buys a malady during part 2.

Mei Hikari on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So time to repost the better video then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kamr4rZe_W0

This should be everywhere. This should be what summoners prays to.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Zilean seems fun. I bet he's fun. I love being Taric, because he ruins people's fun.

I bet zilean ruins people's fun

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    zilean is one of the biggest "fucking [champion]" champions out there

he is REALLY fun to play though

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I love when people talk trash and then lose the game. Started game 0-2-0 as Morgana in mid against Vlad who talked a lot of smack, finished game 7-2-11. he finished 3-8-something.

Aside from being good at laning early game, Vlad doesn't seem all that great past that. His ult seems solid though but eh.

aBlank on
  • Options
    Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I played 6 games as vlad today won 5. He's not that fantastic. People focus a liiitle on you. But you need a lot of ap to make your transfuse hit hard enough.

Then again, heyo sunfires. Tons of sunfires.

Canada_jezus on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Vlad is ridiculously good at laning and because of that, he can push the advantage into later stages of the game against the enemy team's under-fed champions. He's still great at diving and running through a team to finish the low HP guy trying to run out the back as well.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    priestwithknivespriestwithknives Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Just posting to say:

Annie in wonderland skin...it's not even like I enjoy playing annie that much but goddamn these people are good at sucking away my monies.

priestwithknives on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    CARRY FUCKING RAMMUS 420 STACKS ERRYDAY

DAT SHACO

DAT SHACO

"wtf taunt is so OP surprised they haven't toned that down"
    carryrammu20stackserryd.png

god 500 damage powerballs in the middle of their team while tremoring for 250 damage per second while two sunfire capes are ticking

the best part?

i never had to initiate.

either one of them dove in and the rest followed, or their blitz grabbed me.

at the end i sold my thornmail for that GA

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    DkarrdeDkarrde Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    nealcm wrote: »
    CARRY FUCKING RAMMUS 420 STACKS ERRYDAY

DAT SHACO

DAT SHACO

"wtf taunt is so OP surprised they haven't toned that down"
    carryrammu20stackserryd.png

god 500 damage powerballs in the middle of their team while tremoring for 250 damage per second while two sunfire capes are ticking

the best part?

i never had to initiate.

either one of them dove in and the rest followed, or their blitz grabbed me.

at the end i sold my thornmail for that GA

you had some teammates of extraordinary name

also wanting to know why "janna ravenwings" is playing poppy

Dkarrde on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    i didn't want to be a weiner so i didn't screenshot the poppy's chat at the end in the post-game chat

"lol rammus how were you getting all my kills ur ultimate? i whittled em all down for u"

"well, my ultimate was doing 250 damage per second to everyone around me, i had two sunfire capes, powerballs for 500 damage son... and if anyone hit me they took 100 damage"

"oh..."

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    weiner

I wish replays are available in the near future so i can laugh at myself making really silly decisions

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Having a jungler is almost mandatory after acertain ponint

gayt dan

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Dat Taric.

Just did a loooong game, where, other than the Sivir on my team, my team just seemed to not get the point of the game. We aced their team, and 3/5 people went off to jungle. 2 of them would run headlong into their entire team while the rest of us were clearly on our way from across the map.

They just would NOT work together.

We won though, I ended up tanking turrets and popping radiance so we could dish out uber-rape.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    grah I hate taunt its so bs!!

*buys zerker greaves*

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    sucks when the 1v2er is against a double stun lane who goes "lol standing in bushes bro"

i hate double stun bushes lanes

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    SoaL wrote: »
    grah I hate taunt its so bs!!

*buys zerker greaves*

that was the best part of the game

none of them had merc treads (3 of them had zerker greaves!!!) and none of them had magic resistance

the sivir got very close to getting madreds

also xin zhao was the proest at initiating without his team and chasing farther than nunubot

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    sucks when the 1v2er is against a double stun lane who goes "lol standing in bushes bro"

I play Taric.

I love having, like, Sion or someone in my lane. Or veigar even. We just laugh and laugh.

It's good times bro.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

I play Taric.

I love having, like, Sion or someone in my lane. Or veigar even. We just laugh and laugh.

It's good times bro.

oh its great if you are the taricer/sioner/pantheoner/veigarer

but its like zilean

fun to play

not fun at all to play against

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010

I play Taric.

It's good times bro.

but its like zilean

fun to play

Zilean is so my next unlock. I imagine he's crazy fun. I like playing champions that just upset people.

Nasus, Taric, Singed, Morgana are my favorites. I imagine Zilean causes a lot of pulled hair.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

I play Taric.

It's good times bro.

but its like zilean

fun to play

Zilean is so my next unlock. I imagine he's crazy fun. I like playing champions that just upset people.

Nasus, Taric, Singed, Morgana are my favorites. I imagine Zilean causes a lot of pulled hair.

the best moments are having golem buff and 40% CDR and time warping an enemy permanently

55% slow

rewind

55% slow

rewind

they will probably ragequit

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010

I play Taric.

It's good times bro.

but its like zilean

fun to play

the best moments are having golem buff and 40% CDR and time warping an enemy permanently

55% slow

rewind

55% slow

rewind

I need this champion.

It's why I love playing Rammus. Late game he's just unkillable. I love all those

"WTF?! Why won't Rammus fucking die!"
    "Ooo, so close to killing Rammus"

while you just roll away, off into the horizon.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    CleonicusCleonicus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

I play Taric.

It's good times bro.

but its like zilean

fun to play

55% slow

rewind

55% slow

rewind

I almost rage quit just reading that.

Cleonicus on
    Debate 'n' DeHockey team: Astronauts
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    also it is extremely fun time warping yourself permanently

you are just always rammus powerballed

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    also it is extremely fun time warping yourself permanently

you are just always rammus powerballed
    Let's do the timewarp again!

We need a Rocky Horror Picture Show Zilean skin.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Guys get off my Zilean.

If too many people start abusing the awesomeness, he will catch a nerf. And we don't want that. So its best if you all forget that he's fun to play and go back to your other characters.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    its hard to believe, but his bomb range used to be longer

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    IncognitoEsqIncognitoEsq TexasRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Pfft, Zilean. Janna will always be the best champion forever.

IncognitoEsq on
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    GODDESS SLUT OF ASSISTS

interrobang on
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm gonna buy Zilean

I am no longer content with characters that can win in solo queue -- i want a character that makes the enemy team rage

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    IncognitoEsqIncognitoEsq TexasRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    GODDESS SLUT OF ASSISTS
    jannaowns.jpg
    8-)

IncognitoEsq on