As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Getting rid of "Safely Remove Hardware" in Windows 7 systray for specific device

Gilbert0Gilbert0 North of SeattleRegistered User regular
edited August 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I've recently moved my PC and am now running on wireless. However the build in motherboard wireless shows up in the "Safely Remove Hardware" list. Is there a way to get rid it?

Don't want to accidentally hit it and have to reboot. It's a built in device so it's not like can just unplug it and plug it back in.

Using Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

Gilbert0 on

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Not very familiar with Win 7 but can't you just disable it with the device manager?

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Gilbert0Gilbert0 North of SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I want it enabled, I'm using it.

Basically Windows 7 thinks it's removable but it's actually built in to the motherboard. I want Windows to think it's not removable and not even have the option to stop/remove it.

Gilbert0 on
  • Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    What about simply hiding it?

Right click taskbar > Properties > Taskbar tab > Customize button > Change icon to 'hide'.

SeñorAmor on
  • Options
    John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    lol, Gilbert, I think I'm the only person so far that knows what you're talking about. I have the same issue with my hard drive and DVD player in my laptop. If anyone does have a correct answer, I'd like to hear it as well. It's a real pain to "remove" your dvd player accidentally.

John Matrix on
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I know what you're talking about too but I've never found a fix for it. Updated drivers (for your chipset, your actual DVD drive, etc) may or may not fix it but it might just be something you have to live with.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It's a driver issue. Whether or not it is fixable varies.

Try this? Or this?

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif