As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

This right here's a [CHAT].

• MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    That's a lot of fuck you's.

Mustang on
  • KarbaccaKarbacca Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Fuckin A it is.

Karbacca on
    bannerqsl.jpg
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    (ooo, ooo, oooo)

Tam on
    edited August 2010
    Well fuck you, and fuck her too.

Mustang on
    edited August 2010
    ain't that some shit?

Tam on
  • ParadiseParadise Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I still wish you the best with a, "Fuck you".

Nappuccino wrote: »
    Mustang wrote: »
    130494,131066,73726,131070,131070,28592,94134,94198,61382,126902,126944,122750,119678,128894,130558,114942

Never let it be said that I am incapable of ruining anything. It's like being fucked in the ear.

Have you heard animal collective?

Haha!

All it needs is some sprawled-out vocals from Merriweather, and it'll be two minutes of one of their songs.

Paradise on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Finally, classical guitar gets a little respect in the gaming world

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eIIsla89os

Godfather on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    Basically less than a day before I go and pitch to both Cartoon Network and The Gotham Group. Anyone know anything about The Gotham Group?
    Will Batman be there?

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
    edited August 2010
    The Gotham Group is actually comprised of a Batman from every era!
    good luck mars

Tam on
    edited August 2010
    Pfft fuck your classical guitar, everyone knows that awesomeness can only be represented by the awesomeness of Frank Stallone.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAv500Q6bfA

Throw up the fucking horns, you know you want to.

Mustang on
    edited August 2010
    I only know that The Gotham Group has its hands in a lot of projects.

Lots of luck, Mars!

Tell us how it goes, okay?

Paradise on
    edited August 2010
    I'm doing one of those influence map thingamajigs. Coming up with 30 influences is friggin hard work.
    So far I've got 11.

You should probably do it to...so I don't feel alone.
    Influence_Map_Meme_by_fox_orian.png

Mustang on
    edited August 2010
    You know, I think I might do one of these too. Mustang, what kind of stuff are you putting on there?

Paradise on
    edited August 2010
    Just artists at the moment. I think I might have to start branching into film soon as I'm drawing dead blank at 14.
    The last 5 are probably going to be Pizza, Soft Cushion, Money, Flubber.

Mustang on
    edited August 2010
    I'm having a hard time distinguishing between influences, stuff I like, and work that happens to look like mine. They definitely aren't completely separate categories.

Paradise on
    edited August 2010
    I think it's pretty well much anything you try to borrow/steal from or try to emulate.
    The AC is at the top of my list because I'm always ripping off your ideas.

Mustang on
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    If coming up with 30 influences is hard, you really need to spend more time studying other artists.

Also, I should point out that this influence map is only supposed to have 13.

rts on
    edited August 2010
    Where are you getting 13 from?
    As far as I can make out it should actually be a lot more than 30 according to the ruley things at the bottom.

Mustang on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, I'm only seeing 13 as the number to come up with.

1 3x3 square
    2 2x2 squares
    3 2x3 squares
    7 1x1 squares

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
    edited August 2010
    Ahh I see, I was totally reading/skimming that wrong.

Mustang on
    edited August 2010
    Oh crap. I'm not done yet, and I'm counting 31 so far.

Paradise on
    edited August 2010
    Show off.

Mustang on
    edited August 2010
    Nah. Most of it's stuff that most people consider junk... "low art" and whatnot.

Actually, it seems like it'll be easy to trim this list.

Paradise on
    edited August 2010
    if it includes Kinkade, I will kill you

Tam on
    edited August 2010
    Crap, I just realised that I'm only doing modern artists........also I can fill out the last few with various kinkade pictures.

Mustang on
    edited August 2010
    you'd be especially easy to kill

Tam on
    edited August 2010
    Tam wrote: »
    if it includes Kinkade, I will kill you

What is this horrible insult?!

You cut me deep, Tam. You cut me real deep. What do you expect of me?

Paradise on
    edited August 2010
    wall to wall black velvet paintings

Tam on
    edited August 2010
    Close. It's more like "black velvet with that slow southern style". 8-)

And there's mostly just figure drawings and pottery on my walls.

Paradise on
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Man, I wish I had someone to critique my poker game. I feel like I'm making the right calls, but lately I'm not having a lot of success.

I just finished 54th in a tournament. Started with AK suited and flopped an ace-high flush. Dude pushes and I call. We're heads up. Flop was 5s, 2s, Js, by the way. Turn is 5d. River is 5h. Dude shows his hand. Pocket tens. Fucking full house.

This kind of shit has been happening to me all night.

e: My question. Why the hell would he push on pocket tens when he got nothing on the flop and there was a flush draw and an overcard on the board? Especially when I had raised 4x pre-flop.

Argh I spent $9 on that game.

ee: Oops. Wrong card.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • r-jasperr-jasper Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    why am i so bad at street fighter?

r-jasper on
  • brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I have an interview Wednesday for a better graphic design gig. It is at a huge plastics company in town, but they do stuff nationwide (they have the plastic cup contracts for all the Pizza Huts and Hardees, working on McDonalds, they also make products for Hersheys and others). Damn, I am nervous...

I got my hair cut, shaved, bought a new suit, have two portfolios (one to show and one to leave)and a disk with digital samples. Any tips?

brokecracker on
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Congrats on job interview. Its a lot of effort and money to prepare. My only advice regarding interviews is to be yourself and know your work. Its better to be honest with your answers than to try to tell them what you think they may want to hear.

YOu got the right idea so far. GOod luck!

I was looking up online tips a few months ago before i had an interview (which i didnt get). I find it funny how a lot of online 'How to act in a job interview' basically tell you all the cliches and kiss arse acts.

winter_combat_knight on
  • GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Prepare some questions for you to ask them, when they inevitably ask if you have any.

This shows you're actually interested in the role and the company and also that you understand your own value - i.e. you're keen to find out if they are the right company for you to invest your skills in, as much as they are trying to establish the benefits of investing in taking you on.

Be confident, and above all, positive. I know that's easier said than done but one of the key things to nailing interviews is to understand that they have already shown an interest in you by offering an interview. It is human nature for interviewers to often make up their minds based on early impressions and then spend the interview time looking for things to justify their initial conclusions.

When you go into an interview with a belief that you are already in a strong position and just need to maintain it, it will help you be far more confident than coming in believing you are starting at the bottom and trying to win them over.

Good luck dude!

Grenn on
  • brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Thanks guys!

I have like ten questions ready so I have a few incase some of them get answered during the interview.

I know someone who works there, not really good friends but she is nice enough to give me the inside track on what they are looking for. She said she is going to vouch for me, so I have that on my side.

I am just going to bring all that I got. If I don't get it, it won't be because I didn't try hard enough.

brokecracker on
  • bebarcebebarce Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    And now for another episode of conversations with my sister in law. This weeks episode: THE OTHER SISTER

Me - So Alanna (my 2 year old going on 3) is getting the hang of these tutoring sessions.
    Her - Isn't the school controlled by a church?
    Me - Um....well they rent space in a church. It's pretty common practice actually.
    Her - What the hell happened to separation of church and state!?
    Me - It's a private school, and again, they just rent space. They teach math and reading. Theres no religion involved.

<She starts sifting through the homework Alanna's done and stops>
    Her - Crosses?!!
    Me - .... (Looking at the paper)
    Her - I thought you said this school wasn't religious.

Me - ...they're...lower case t's.

Her - Yeah, but they're trying to subconsciously teach her about Christ.
    Me - Maybe you're right. The picture of the t t turtle placing the t t teapot on the t t table? That probably somehow represents the holy trinity.
    Her - You're making fun of me.
    Me - Oh shit "trinity" begins with a "t" it's all making sense now!

bebarce on
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    At some point my wife and I might ACTUALLY have a ceremony. But really we are approaching are first year anniversary!

*edit

And I was responding to something 5 pages back. Thats what I get for clicking on the thread from the front page of the forums.

Wassermelone on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    bebarce wrote: »
    *snip*

She's doing this on purpose, right? Like, this is a masterful attempt at in-person trolling, right?
    ... right?

tynic on
  • bebarcebebarce Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The younger one from the previous posts is day to day dumb. Almost dare I say, Innocent dumb. Simple things are hard to grasp, but generally she is emotionally sound (with the exception that she's kind of an attention whore)

The older is almost a polar opposite. She's dangerous dumb. While the day to day stuff can easily be understood by her, she'll jump at the chance to assume somethings a conspiracy, assume someone has slighted her by the merest nod, and has an irrationally hypocritical grasp on religion. She's also often dangerous around the kids.

Where as the younger might get the kids hurt because she was busy chatting up her hundreds of dumb friends on the phone, this one will (I shit you not) teach our kid to play with plastic bags, and not realize until you point out to her that it is dangerous.

bebarce on
    edited August 2010
    bebarce please tell me you no longer leave your kids alone with these people

Tam on
This discussion has been closed.